Options

[PSN] Thread

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    @Unco-ordinated

I loved the Psycho Pass Anime. I have heard nothing but bad reactions to the game from friends of mine who also love the anime. Never played it myself, but worth passing on. I was planning on grabbing it myself but I did not have a single person I know say it was worth playing.

Huh. Thanks for the heads up, I'm still kinda interested in playing it but I guess I'll have to wait for a much larger discount before picking it up.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Horizon gets a patch today that adds:

NG+
    Ultra Hard mode
    Two new trophies for those modes
    New customization options like face paint and Focus
    New weapons

They just keep making this game better and better

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Aw I thought I was going to platinum it :(

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Horizon gets a patch today that adds:

NG+
    Ultra Hard mode
    Two new trophies for those modes
    New customization options like face paint and Focus
    New weapons

They just keep making this game better and better

This is why I don't mind playing games quite late. Starting Horizon tonight and am quite thankful for the quality of life updates.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »

The new trophies don't factor into the platinum.

• Options
    Renzo wrote: »

.... Well fuck that then, totally not going to platinum it out of protest!
    I am so bad at it that I doubt I'd ever get the platinum.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    Ugh I didn't realize that even though it says "Life is Strange" is free for PS+ it's only the first chapter. Unless I'm missing something... I finished Chapter 1 and it says "Download Chapter 2!" but when I click on it nothing shows up.

Did you download it through the store on your PS4? If you look at store.playstation.com it shows the "Life is Strange Complete Season" when you click on Games -> PlayStation Plus => Free Games

I am a stupid. I was clearly looking right at the PS+ games for last month, since I confirmed this showed up in the list. Did I "purchase" any of the games? No.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular

You can beat it on the easiest mode and Platinum it

It's one of the easiest Platinums to hit in a long time

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular

You can beat it on the easiest mode and Platinum it

It's one of the easiest Platinums to hit in a long time

Also one of the most enjoyable platinums to get

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    From the bit of Ultra Hard on NG+ that I've gotten through just now, seems like they automatically disable aim assist, machines can spot you from much further away and are way more aggressive, and you can't see their life bars anymore. Lots more strategy necessary. Much more looking for weaknesses instead of just blasting through everything with triple hardpoint arrows.

• Options
    From the bit of Ultra Hard on NG+ that I've gotten through just now, seems like they automatically disable aim assist, machines can spot you from much further away and are way more aggressive, and you can't see their life bars anymore. Lots more strategy necessary. Much more looking for weaknesses instead of just blasting through everything with triple hardpoint arrows.

This should be done in every difficulty. Knowing exactly how much life the machines have left sometimes cheapens the fight.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

This should be done in every difficulty. Knowing exactly how much life the machines have left sometimes cheapens the fight.

Speaking as someone who likes to play games on the easiest difficulty available, and see health on my enemies if at all possible, I'd rather life bars were left in.

And I haven't even gotten to buy or play the game yet.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    What did I spy on the Belgian PSN store? Superhot + Superhot VR in one big bundle, AND getting released 19th of July?

Preordered! :biggrin:

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    the true final boss of Nex Machina is real hard. and this is just on regular difficulty. only made it to it once, and once you wipe and lose your powerups youre basically done, no matter that you have 99 continues. i'll get that fucker though. man nex machina is an incredible game, is all. someone get on it and do leaderboards with me.

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Hoo-boy does Telltale Got suffer from the Telltale "None of your choices actually matter" syndrome.

• Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »

Speaking as someone who likes to play games on the easiest difficulty available, and see health on my enemies if at all possible, I'd rather life bars were left in.

Maybe leave the life bars in on Easy then, taking it out of Normal and upwards.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »

Maybe leave the life bars in on Easy then, taking it out of Normal and upwards.

Or, how about, make it an option. Let people play how they want.

• Options
    InsanityInsanity Registered User regular
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    man nex machina is an incredible game, is all.

Oh boy that soundtrack

gBpkw.jpg
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    I look forward to getting Nex Machina again when it's a lot cheaper. Bought it during the Steam sale and it wasn't what I expected so thankfully I could refund it.

Still looks and sounds pretty great.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Early on in Kingdom Hearts, you don't get the Scan ability that shows enemy lifebars. It sucks because you can't tell if a spell is effective or not. They could also solve that with different visual feedback, but I'm anti "hide information from the player" in most respects.

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    Insanity wrote: »
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    man nex machina is an incredible game, is all.

Oh boy that soundtrack

It's so good. The boss theme for the fourth world boss is my total jam.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    This Accel World VS Ş͒ͣ̋ͭͯ͐͝w̷̛͑ͫͪ̾͗̈́̿͋͆̀̒ͤ͑̆͑ͧ̈́͛ͥoͯ̍̂ͧ͑̏̾̓̕͡r̵̈́̄̊ͩ͗̏ͬ̊̋̂͡dͪ͋̑ͧ̀͟҉̴́ ̸̶ͪ͋ͫ̈́̑̉͛̐̇̔ͨ̒̿ͧ͛ͨ̏͑̔́̕͢A̷̡̾̈́ͨ̋̍r̋͛̀ͦ̇̋̉̎ͭ͛̑̈́ͯ͟͝͞tͭ̉ͦͣ̃̓ͦ̌̂̐̀҉̡́ ̶̡̧͌ͥͯ̔ͪͪ̑ͤ̉̓ͥ̑͡Ǫ̶͐̋͆̒̉͋͛̌́̋̓̑ͪ̀̀͐͘n̄͛ͩ͛̅ͥ͌̐̄̆͑ͪ͛ͣ͊҉l̷̶̛͑ͦ̓͆ͣ̋ͨ͐̈́̒̄̍̂͑͗̚i͒ͩ̌̃̚͜͜n̶̐̂̑͊̀̈͐͞e̴̍̓͒̃͒̇ͭ̄͐̀̀͢͠ doesn't look so bad, but something about it makes me feel angry inside.

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    This Accel World VS Ş͒ͣ̋ͭͯ͐͝w̷̛͑ͫͪ̾͗̈́̿͋͆̀̒ͤ͑̆͑ͧ̈́͛ͥoͯ̍̂ͧ͑̏̾̓̕͡r̵̈́̄̊ͩ͗̏ͬ̊̋̂͡dͪ͋̑ͧ̀͟҉̴́ ̸̶ͪ͋ͫ̈́̑̉͛̐̇̔ͨ̒̿ͧ͛ͨ̏͑̔́̕͢A̷̡̾̈́ͨ̋̍r̋͛̀ͦ̇̋̉̎ͭ͛̑̈́ͯ͟͝͞tͭ̉ͦͣ̃̓ͦ̌̂̐̀҉̡́ ̶̡̧͌ͥͯ̔ͪͪ̑ͤ̉̓ͥ̑͡Ǫ̶͐̋͆̒̉͋͛̌́̋̓̑ͪ̀̀͐͘n̄͛ͩ͛̅ͥ͌̐̄̆͑ͪ͛ͣ͊҉l̷̶̛͑ͦ̓͆ͣ̋ͨ͐̈́̒̄̍̂͑͗̚i͒ͩ̌̃̚͜͜n̶̐̂̑͊̀̈͐͞e̴̍̓͒̃͒̇ͭ̄͐̀̀͢͠ doesn't look so bad, but something about it makes me feel angry inside.

Because .hack//G.U. Last Recode is coming out, and you've been reminded back when those kind of stories were good.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    Quiotu wrote: »

Because .hack//G.U. Last Recode is coming out, and you've been reminded back when those kind of stories were good.

I feel like people hate SAO so much, they're forgetting how the pacing and dialogue of .hack was uh... some hacky shit garbage.

I say this as someone who watched, read, and played almost ALL of that stuff.

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    I'm going on holiday tomorrow, this means vita flight time. Can anyone recommend any metroidvania games? Recent or old? Or just fun platformers in general.

::edit:: I've just realised I've not played the portable versions of Rayman since they released. I think that might be my answer there. Further suggestions still very welcome.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    I'm going on holiday tomorrow, this means vita flight time. Can anyone recommend any metroidvania games? Recent or old? Or just fun platformers in general.

::edit:: I've just realised I've not played the portable versions of Rayman since they released. I think that might be my answer there. Further suggestions still very welcome.

Axiom Verge is a great one of those.

• Options

Axiom Verge is a great one of those.

I agree. Finished it recently and it was so awesome.

(I could post up every one I've played but it's a rather extensive list! Love my vita)

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

I feel like people hate SAO so much, they're forgetting how the pacing and dialogue of .hack was uh... some hacky shit garbage.

Every time I've asked about SAO all the responses centered around the fact it's an incredibly uncomfortable, disgusting anime focused on incest and horrible sexism.

Pacing and dialogue never even got mentioned.

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular

I'm on a cruise right now, and I've been playing Risk of Rain. Not a Metroidvania, but fun mechanics. Also highly recommend both Steamworld games.

• Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    All the suggestions thus far have been on point, so just adding another vote for Axiom Verge. Also Odin Sphere, even though it's not a Metroidvania.

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Every time I've asked about SAO all the responses centered around the fact it's an incredibly uncomfortable, disgusting anime focused on incest and horrible sexism.

That's a massive overreaction. Considering people ADORE a show that actually features for real incest as a major plot point (Game of Thrones). And that what's happening in SAO is an unrequited crush on a step-sibling. And is only focused on in one of the major arcs (the novels have gone into a 4th arc at this point).

And horrible sexism = a damsel in distress storyline. Yeah, how uniquely horrible? Except .hack had several of these?

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Guacamelee is probably my favorite Metroidvania ever

Definitely grab that one

• Options
    Guacamelee is probably my favorite Metroidvania ever

Definitely grab that one

I finished it on PS3 but as with Rayman I think I've forgotten enough of it now to be able to play it from the start. Good shout!

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Oh, also Severed! That's a must-have Vita game.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Oh, also Severed! That's a must-have Vita game.

I earned the platinum in that and it is pretty good. Not sure I would say must have but definitely worth playing through if you can get it cheap (or free from ps+).

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

That's a massive overreaction. Considering people ADORE a show that actually features for real incest as a major plot point (Game of Thrones). And that what's happening in SAO is an unrequited crush on a step-sibling. And is only focused on in one of the major arcs (the novels have gone into a 4th arc at this point).

And horrible sexism = a damsel in distress storyline. Yeah, how uniquely horrible? Except .hack had several of these?

In GoT the incest is shown as taboo, icky, and potentially kingdom toppling. In SAO, it's supposed to be cute. There's a difference. Also, GoT is set in fantasy midevil times when that shit along with pedophilia was much more rampant. SAO doesn't have the setting to fall back on as a crutch for it's social debauchery.

People mostly hate SAO because it centers around some high functioning autistic programmer who's good at the MMO by finding a loophole and using all his free time to exploit it. Now .hack, especially G.U. deals with this kind of hero as well, except in SAO he's hero worshipped and regarded as just about the only 'good guy' in the entire story, where .hack/G.U. drags that hero kicking and screaming to rock bottom and has him crawl back up to become a better person. That is also... a very stark difference between the two.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Anime sucks

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Anime was a mistake.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    I am become anime

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I am become anime

I had that username

liEt3nH.png