Options

[chat]

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    @Apothe0sis
    I was being playful!

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    To argue for the other side, let's say you're a norwegian, interested in wartime artifacts, and you like collecting them.

you'd naturally be more interested in the stuff that isn't common as dirt, so of course Waffen SS stuff would be more interesting than just general german military stuff, because, well, you're a collector

and it really is common as dirt. It took me two minutes to locate this rifle for sale, for $230. Note the nazi eagle on the receiver in the first photo.

38_836065729.jpg
    38_1360224395.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    like I can't imagine any normal I'd want to interact with who is like

"here are my nazi artifacts" and its all explicitly nazi artifacts - not german ww2 artifacts mind you, nazi stuff

I've gotten to meet someone like this, they showed me all their stuff, and that they do battle recreations (essentially Nazi larping), and wait a minute is this a soft pitch for a white supremacist group, I'm just here to use your pool/hot tub man.

• Options
    I got zapped pretty bad a few times as a kid. One was a wire sitting in a pile of mud in the yard and I had gotten out of the kid pool. It really hurt and no one believed me. Another time it was a circuit breaker box. The last time was at a concert. I hate electricity.
    but not you ELM

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I have started playing Until Dawn. I have picked up a bottle and now can't put it down or leave the "look at bottle" screen.

Excellent.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I got zapped pretty bad a few times as a kid. One was a wire sitting in a pile of mud in the yard and I had gotten out of the kid pool. It really hurt and no one believed me. Another time it was a circuit breaker box. The last time was at a concert. I hate electricity.
    but not you ELM

Burned my lip on a microphone because my bass amp wasn't properly grounded!

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    like I can't imagine any normal I'd want to interact with who is like

"here are my nazi artifacts" and its all explicitly nazi artifacts - not german ww2 artifacts mind you, nazi stuff

I've gotten to meet someone like this, they showed me all their stuff, and that they do battle recreations (essentially Nazi larping), and wait a minute is this a soft pitch for a white supremacist group, I'm just here to use your pool/hot tub man.

9QyDNMR.jpg

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    good, i love my cheevos

i especially love clever or challenging cheevos in a more open, sandboxy game like CK2, something that gives you a long-term goal that isn't necessarily a conclusion

there's a really tough cheevo to get in Invisible Inc's endless mode that is also very pleasing

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I'm trying not to eat cow anymore.

Except for cured meats...they are my weakness.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    but not you ELM

Burned my lip on a microphone because my bass amp wasn't properly grounded!

got a nice jolt when I was installing a ceiling fan cuz porp was like oh yeah the switch is totally off babe

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Those hand shake shock things are a good way for me to murder you.
    It invokes a hulk rage.

• Options
    yes I should have flipped the breaker first but I was in a condo and the breaker was in the building basement way down there ok

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    I have started playing Until Dawn. I have picked up a bottle and now can't put it down or leave the "look at bottle" screen.

Excellent.

The horror of the eternally fascinating bottle

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    [chat] Wehraboos in this thread? Okay, cool. Cool. Umm.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    one time I accidentally zapped myself when I was pulling a plug out of a wall

It was pretty

Shocking

wandering on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    It invokes a hulk rage.

i fucking hate those things

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »

Excellent.

Is it a particularly interesting bottle?

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    wandering wrote: »
    one time I accidentally zapped myself when I was pulling a plug out of a wall

It was pretty

Shocking

go to your room

• Options
    So a teenaged girl in Texas died after her phone, which was charging, fell into the tub.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/texas-teen-electrocuted-after-cell-phone-falls-into-bathtub/

Firstly, @Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud

Secondly, how the heck did this happen? The phone charger should have topped out at 5V, 2A at most. That's a 10W maximum. And it should have blown a fuse in the charger the second it shorted through the water. I'd guess that it wasn't the phone or the charger that did this. I suppose that salty water (bath bomb?) could have dripped down the cord and gotten into the electrical outlet, but that should have tripped the GFCI circuit immediately. Unless the house was not up to code I guess and had non-gfci outlets in the bathroom.

It's the amps which get you, not the voltage.

But I'm wondering how they had the phone plugged in near the bath? Maybe an extension cord and water dragged the charger in?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO2ZCbjyXWw

it's 20 volts, not ten thousand but a thousand ampeeere what do you know about electricity
    you'd probably die at least pass out, sponge on the head like in the green mile
    IT'S 20 VOLTS NOT TEN THOUSAND BUT A THOUSAND AMPERE WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ELECTRICITY YOU'D PROBABLY DIE AT LEAST PASS OUT SPONGE ON THE HEAD LIKE IN THE GREEN MILE IT'S 20 VOLTS NOT TEN THOUSAND BUT A THOUSAND AMPERE WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ELECTRICITY YOU'D PROBABLY DIE AT LEAST PASS OUT SPONGE ON THE HEAD LIKE IN THE GREEN MILE *synth solo*

this is one of my favourite stupid songs

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    I've been bitten by 120v a few times but always just in one hand bridging a circuit, never anything especially dangerous. But man, what an unpleasant feeling.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I apparently have to restart the game, so that's obviously a super sign of the QA on this thing. I walked round a table and picked something up, and hey presto a game ending glitch.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    According to my Chronicle, Evil Multifarious II the Pious took the throne just before the Black Death hit at the beginning of the 12th Century, and House Chatadid was reduced to about 10 living members. It wasn't his piety that saved our dynasty but rather the magnificent hospitals of southern Moorish Spain, the center of all learning and knowledge

And of course the goddamn Pope called a crusade on him during the Black Death but at that point it was more of an annoyance

I believe he completed the total conquest of western continental europe with the invasion of Brittany a few decades later, but most importantly he repopulated the shit out of the dynasty

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    The two most recent nicknames have completely ruined everything

You don't nickname people with the same regnal name the same nickname! The whole point is to differentiate them!!!

G7gO71im.jpg
    I mean Evil Multifarious 'the pious' is pretty sweet.

I've been trying to trigger the more ridiculous nicknames ("the Headless", "the Cannibal", "of a Thousand Faces") but the Pope keeps fucking crusading me every time the cooldown's up so I keep getting "the Holy" which is so boring
    Convert to Islam and start some Jihads.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    i once got shocked by a car battery, that was pretty awful

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    I've been bitten by 120v a few times but always just in one hand bridging a circuit, never anything especially dangerous. But man, what an unpleasant feeling.

Did this when I was a kid.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

It's tingly. Like getting hit with a strong TENS pulse.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    By equating freedom with guns and not getting mad high on state provided drugs you have established yourself as a right wing shill

I can't tell whether you're being serious or joking here. :)

Nor can I

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    To argue for the other side, let's say you're a norwegian, interested in wartime artifacts, and you like collecting them.

you'd naturally be more interested in the stuff that isn't common as dirt, so of course Waffen SS stuff would be more interesting than just general german military stuff, because, well, you're a collector

and it really is common as dirt. It took me two minutes to locate this rifle for sale, for $230. Note the nazi eagle on the receiver in the first photo.

38_836065729.jpg
    38_1360224395.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cDEUyxrdO0

that one was re-barreled by the norwegian army, because we had hundreds of thousands of german rifles left after the war. The last contingents to be issued them could buy their issued rifles for next to nothing at the end of their service.

EDIT: the sniper rifle we used until 2013 was built off of ex-german mauser actions from rifles like this, because it's just that good of a rifle design

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    i used to shock myself all the time on old AT&T/Bellsouth circuits
    God
    working in an outdoor closet that is 100+ degrees.
    pouring sweat
    zap
    ouch motherfucking sack of shit
    zap
    GOD DAMMI-
    zap
    FUCKINGSHITIFUCKINGHATETHI
    zap
    AAGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    I shocked myself one time when I realized that shark is fatter than me

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    In middle school there was a group licking 9V batteries and asked if I wanted to get in on this. Was like naw I'm good. At least don't share the same battery jesus.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Next chat = Nazi larp chat

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    "element brian" did you solve the Mormon mystery yet? what about the Morman one?

porp

i'm back home and also no i didn't that might be put on the shelf for awhile until he makes another big public post

also the morman mystery is that Porp doesn't know how to spell

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    It invokes a hulk rage.

Are those still a thing?

I immediately think of my friend's pacemaker.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    In middle school there was a group licking 9V batteries and asked if I wanted to get in on this. Was like naw I'm good. At least don't share the same battery jesus.

I remember doing that at primary school. It was sort of fun

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    It invokes a hulk rage.

i loathe almost all pain humor. i remember being 19 years old in college and people still trying to nut tap me. i would lose my fucking mind.

• Options
    tyrannus wrote: »
    I shocked myself one time when I realized that shark is fatter than me

no one believes you

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    One time I was trying to wire up a bunch of telephone equipment on a desk, including an answering machine. I needed to unplug the answering machine but I also needed both hands and I was worried the power cable once unplugged would fall behind the desk. So I put the 9v barrel connector in my mouth and bit down lightly on the jacket. Not really thinking.

A little bit of spit bridged the gap and my entire mouth flashed and went numb and I spit the thing out. It was real dumb.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    good, i love my cheevos

i especially love clever or challenging cheevos in a more open, sandboxy game like CK2, something that gives you a long-term goal that isn't necessarily a conclusion

there's a really tough cheevo to get in Invisible Inc's endless mode that is also very pleasing

The big reason why I'm doing this current run is to finally get the 769-1453 ironman achievement, after going crazy trying to survive as the last remaining Jewish state and create Israel

The religious achievements are just nuts but quite tantalizing

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Wait which shark is fattest

We have a right to know

This discussion has been closed.