As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

If it's blue, it must be MEGA MAN(-esque)!

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    I still haven't played the second Gunvolt yet. How does Copen play?

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    TDawg wrote: »
    Because it went to sleep for a hecka long time but it is about to come back and make loud obnoxious noises, get it? Like a real cicada.

Magicicada is the anime; the game was The Indelible Legend.
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    I still haven't played the second Gunvolt yet. How does Copen play?

I love using him. More fun than Gunvolt, imo, and sort of how I wish Beck played in Mighty No. 9.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Real talk:

Is it pronounced Cop-en or Co-pen?

• Options
    I thought the latter, but I never really listened to the dialogue.

Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I always pronounced it like "Copenhagen". But I suppose I could listen to the dialogue at some point...

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Here we go: Mega Man Legacy Collection 2, with 7-10. PS4, Xbox One, PC, August.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Here we go: Mega Man Legacy Collection 2, with 7-10. PS4, Xbox One, PC, August.

Hey Capcom. Nintendo still exists you know.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Man that was a golden opportunity to include Megaman and Bass which would have fit perfectly.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    It's kinda crazy that MM&B was hobbled together recycling assets from MM8, and ended up being a much better game (on inferior hardware to boot). And kinda frustrating it was left out of the collection just for not being numbered. We still don't have a proper US release aside from the cropped GBA version.

They better have X and Zero collections on Switch.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Yeah no Mega Man and Bass seems like a real missed opportunity to me. And once again I am disappointed at no Switch version. *sigh*

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Whelp, this is a thing wot is happening

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/06/13/keiji-inafunes-company-comcept-becomes-subsidiary-level-5-working-new-mobile-rpg/

Inafune resorting to going whale hunting.

• Options
    Huh, wild. I wonder if that ties into how they let Inti use MN9 for Mighty Gunvolt Burst.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    All of the sudden a Kickstarter backer-only update appears
    Hello Mighties!!
    *日本語は下の方にあります。

It’s been a long time since our last update. This is due to some internal adjustment we had in comcept for the past few months, but now everything is back on track! We are very sorry for the long radio silence. Here is what is going with Mighty No. 9:

1. Hand Held versions They are not being cancelled, we are still in the process of porting. The porting had to be put on hold for a while due to the other versions being delayed and the recent adjustment we had in comcept. However, everything is back on track now. The developer restarted the porting process in early May, and we estimate to release them within 2017 (it could be earlier, but it’s hard to estimate a more precise date at this point). We will update on this when we have more information.

2. Rest of the physical rewards They have been manufactured (most of them), and are getting ready to be shipped out in a couple of weeks. We estimate to ship everything out (with some reaching the backers) by mid-August 2017. Again, we are very sorry for the delay. Fangamer will be sending out emails to everyone (who is waiting for rewards) to confirm the physical address before the shipping. We will update when the email is out, and if you by some reason DID NOT get the email, please contact Fangamer at orders@fangamer.com so they can verify the information.

3. The “New Company” This is probably the biggest piece of news. As many of you may have heard, Akihiro Hino (LEVEL-5 CEO), and Keiji Inafune (comcept CEO) will be co-founding a new company “LEVEL5 comcept”. What does this mean, you ask? It means that Akihiro Hino, and Keiji Inafune will be teaming up to make new games!!! This does not affect Mighty No. 9 in any way, but who knows, maybe in the future Beck, and your favorite LEVEL-5 characters may be tagging along in new adventures? The possibilities are limitless here.

That is all for this update. Hope we answered some of your questions/concerns with this update. We will try, and bring you the next update much sooner next time!
    Mighty No. 9 team

"internal adjustment" being pretty ominous corporatese.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    I actually forgot that they were releasing Mighty No 9 on handhelds

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    skeldare wrote: »
    I actually forgot that they were releasing Mighty No 9 on handhelds

I did too, but I did not forget about my missing physical rewards that they have literally been silent about for half a year now. Last I had heard, someone from FanGamer was saying back in November they were totally really to make them but comcept was not providing the art assets they needed to produce them. Guess the company restructuring was maybe why?

Still though, Jesus, I hope the fact they finally updated backers on this means maybe they won't be so God damn awful at communicating things now (maybe level 5 had some actual community managers on staff :P). Like, would it have killed someone to say "We are totally still working on these things, it's taking longer than expected but don't worry, we didn't forget you guys!"?

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Everything about this screams mismanagement. Inafune just doesn't seem to have the knack for running a company, and would rather run around throwing out interesting new concepts rather than getting shit done. Hopefully being absorbed by Level 5 will be the perfect way to let him do cool things within an established production framework.

• Options
    In other news, Mighty Gunvolt Burst is out and I'm loving it. Anyone else played yet?

• Options
    In other news, Mighty Gunvolt Burst is out and I'm loving it. Anyone else played yet?

Played a bit of it on Switch. Loving it.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    And today, Mighty Gunvolt Burst is on the Nintendo 3DS as well. If you're not playing it already, what are you waiting for?

• Options
    Wow, almost a year later and I actually got an email to confirm my info for the Mighty No 9 physical rewards. I think this merger may have amazingly fixed some of Comcept's incompetence issues :P

• Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Wow, almost a year later and I actually got an email to confirm my info for the Mighty No 9 physical rewards. I think this merger may have amazingly fixed some of Comcept's incompetence issues :P

Well, they were going to come out eventually.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Well, they were going to come out eventually.

I mean, they should have come out last September, or at least last Winter. Everyone was asking where they were and getting no answer from Comcept. Basically the company was shit at communicating with the backers. I assume the delay was due to the merger in progress slowing things down, etc. But they were completely silent until it happened. The suddenly updates on everything

• Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    Surprised to see no talk of Mega Maker. Just trying it out and it feels like a real product so far in terms of presentation. There's even a fully interactive tutorial explaining how to build levels. I was really surprised to see it has a directly integrated online experience too. Makes me feel that this'll be put down quick.

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    TelMarine wrote: »
    Surprised to see no talk of Mega Maker. Just trying it out and it feels like a real product so far in terms of presentation. There's even a fully interactive tutorial explaining how to build levels. I was really surprised to see it has a directly integrated online experience too. Makes me feel that this'll be put down quick.

I kind of feel like a Mega Man maker isn't feature complete until it has a tool-set to make our own Robot Masters (including obtainable weapons for Mega Man).

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    That is the same thing i said. Its really true though. Unlike mario, mm games are mostly about the bosses. And also unlike mario, the bosses are about simple arenas and the actual boss, not designing elaborate rooms and puzzles with a slightly more threatening mook as a boss.

I think it would be possible to make a simple to use but powerful boss designer too. Just being able to choose from some basic ai scripts to varying degrees and properties of weapons. Like that gunvolt game lets you do.

Still it is a great project so far.

• Options
    Well, more content is to come, so maybe that will be a part of it?

• Options
    I ended up watching this last night:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6_XJHcHg7I

It's funny how bad it is. Where did they get the random side plot of Mega Man turning human?

• Options
    I'm guessing they figured a robot couldn't display the feelings and emotions necessary to carry a solo story.

And here I thought this was canon for so many years, too. XP

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I had the Ninja Gaiden one. I read it multiple times.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    I think I have that and Metal Gear, and Mega Man 2, of course. Maybe Castlevania II?

I forget which ones I'm missing, but I'd love to get the entire series.

As a kid, I remember being disappointed they never did the first Mega Man, or MM3, or any other sequels or prequels.

• Options
    Me: "Odd, I wonder why Mega Man is suddenly trending on Twitter..."

-_- This is gonna suck, isn't it?

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    "He's some kind of man. Some kind of... mega man."

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    I mean, it's certainly a weird career shift for those directors.

I've long felt like Mega Man's story, if you were to do a narrative-focused adaptation, is a kind of bitter coming-of-age where your typical shonen-series naive idealistic boy hero has to grow up too fast to cope with the darkness of the situation he's caught up in and still hold onto hope. But that's because of a handful of well made fan works based on the series (usually with an eye towards where the X and Zero series ended up). Still, it's the kind of story anime can and has done well. It's not something I'd trust Hollywood to do justice to, as the Harry Potter films are the only thing I can think of that comes close.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    For a Mega Man Movie, would y'all prefer a standard sort of action-hero coming of robotic age story (more in line with the tone of the original games), or something a tad darker that focuses on Rock's lack of choice and the fact that he's fighting his own kind (more in line with the way the series developed in X or reinterpretations like the music of the Megas)?

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    For a Mega Man Movie, would y'all prefer a standard sort of action-hero coming of robotic age story (more in line with the tone of the original games), or something a tad darker that focuses on Rock's lack of choice and the fact that he's fighting his own kind (more in line with the way the series developed in X or reinterpretations like the music of the Megas)?

Assuming the people in charge actually care about the source material here, I could go with either. With the obvious stipulation that the former is better suited to Megaman, and the latter to the X series. I'd prefer X as I like that series more, but either is fine.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    A Mega Man movie done by the guys who did Catfish?

Is this some kind of Hollywood Mad Libs?

• Options

I feel like I'm being Catfished by Hollywood

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    TelMarine wrote: »

I ended up piecing together what I think is not a half bad couple of screens fairly easily. Interface is a little clunky (would like a favourites shortcut to speed up the process) buy very straightforward. Looking forward to playing some levels this weekend now that it's been in the wilderness for a week

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

I feel like I'm being Catfished by Hollywood

You go to the movies expecting the blue bomber, only to get bad boxart mega man.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Oh god, Mega Man is going to hold a gun instead of having a buster cannon isn't he?

God damn it, Hollywood.