As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] D2 Beta: July 18 for PS4 Preorders; July 19 for XB1; Open Beta July 21-25!

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    So we're coming to the point of actually moving to act on this book.

I need to clear this trials page over the weekend because its existence annoys me.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    That Nightfall sounds so good I might consider soloing it.

Atheon's Epilogue should tear everyone a new exhaust pipe.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular

I need to clear this trials page over the weekend because its existence annoys me.

It's also VoG as the feature raid this week. You previously expressed interest in doing this raid for NTTE, right?

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    I'd really like to complete VoG with all challenges.

And also get Flawless raider so I can 100% D1

• Options
    Erevar wrote: »

It's also VoG as the feature raid this week. You previously expressed interest in doing this raid for NTTE, right?

Oh yeah, I did say that. :P

• Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    That Nightfall sounds so good I might consider soloing it.

Atheon's Epilogue should tear everyone a new exhaust pipe.

Or Adept Steel Medulla, for the bonus Fallen damage on top of Void Burn.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Today's IGN video is of a new PvP mode called "Survival", which is Clash except with limited respawns for each team:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONqyhRtpJA8
    • In competitive playlist
    • Each team starts with 8 lives
    • Automatic respawn
    • First to 3 (rounds) wins
    • One power ammo spawns in central neural position
    • Swap sides each round

metaghost on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    That sounds looks like a fun gamemode

I am so excited for the new crucible. Looks so much more methodical and tactical and positioning focused.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Finally, a game mode that will properly reward my elite camping/running away skills.

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    So... Counterstrike and Gears Of War 4 TDM. :P

I guess they're really going for the esports* angle hard in D2.

eta: *Complete with the horrible potential 7 rounds of hell fun!

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Is there the possibility that the lack of character voiceover has to do with the voice actor strike?

I mean, the rest of the "cast" of the game are all regular actors and (I assume) exempt from any voice actor guild regulations. The staff that likely did the vanilla voiceovers are probably on strike presently and have been for a while. It would be jarring to have the characters voiceover change from Peter Jessop (I actually looked this up. "Guardian: Exo Male") to Bryan Cranston or something.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    And a surprisingly well rounded cast when you look at it in one place...

xpc7gq2aj40t.png

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Finally, a game mode that will properly reward my elite camping/running away skills.
    You and @Erevar are going to be the new elites in the crucible

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Sounds fun until you get that jerk on your team that feeds the enemy kills and waste all the respawns

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Khraul wrote: »
    Is there the possibility that the lack of character voiceover has to do with the voice actor strike?

I mean, the rest of the "cast" of the game are all regular actors and (I assume) exempt from any voice actor guild regulations. The staff that likely did the vanilla voiceovers are probably on strike presently and have been for a while. It would be jarring to have the characters voiceover change from Peter Jessop (I actually looked this up. "Guardian: Exo Male") to Bryan Cranston or something.

Er...SAG has been joined with the voice actors guild since like 2012. If they tried to use "normal" actors to avoid a voice actor strike those actors would be crossing their own unions picket line. So not likely.

Edit: Oh, currently? I mean nobody knows how much voice work is gonna be in D2 but this isn't really an explanation for why D1 barely included them and why the DLC was completely empty of it.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    ObiFett wrote: »
    You and @Erevar are going to be the new elites in the crucible

Man I'm not even playing around, my running away skills are well-honed and finely tuned after years of playing ranked Halo with better players. That was my only job, not dying!

AuburnTiger on
  • Options
    Khraul wrote: »

Er...SAG has been joined with the voice actors guild since like 2012. If they tried to use "normal" actors to avoid a voice actor strike those actors would be crossing their own unions picket line. So not likely.

Edit: Oh, currently? I mean nobody knows how much voice work is gonna be in D2 but this isn't really an explanation for why D1 barely included them and why the DLC was completely empty of it.

No, I was thinking of D1 expansions and lack of player voiceover.

I didn't know that about the SAG.

I really hope D2 is different... I enjoyed what limited dialogue my Exo had in D1

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Sounds fun until you get that jerk on your team that feeds the enemy kills and waste all the respawns

To be fair, most pvp modes are ruined if people decide to be jerks; it's going to be especially noticeable now team size is smaller (this was a partial worry I had with teams going to 4 as everyone has to pull their weight).

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »

To be fair, most pvp modes are ruined if people decide to be jerks; it's going to be especially noticeable now team size is smaller (this was a partial worry I had with teams going to 4 as everyone has to pull their weight).

Hopefully the playlist being flagged as competitive will help. I'm just hoping having 4v4 will make it more likely to run a full team in there and actually get to improve at the Crucible.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular

I don't think I'd even try this game mode with pubbies. Control is rough enough with players not understanding the rules this would be a nightmare.

It would be tonnes of fun with a group of friends or PA people though.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    El Mucho wrote: »

I don't think I'd even try this game mode with pubbies. Control is rough enough with players not understanding the rules this would be a nightmare.

Deathmatch with a shared respawn pool isn't that bad. And there's no significant difference between a bad player that feeds the enemy kills in this game more or any other one.

I thought we moved past the randophobia?

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Clan migration got delayed until tomorrow.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    edited July 2017

Playlists being flagged for anything won't matter if there are quests or incentives that push people into those modes.

Hopefully they'll keep them all generic otherwise it guarantees people feeding just to finish the match sooner

SeGaTai on
    PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    I just hope they dont introduce a "Teabag other players" bounty... Like Call of Duty - Ghosts did.

Also still holding out a hope for a possible subspec with a roaming Nova Bomb, that big ball you have to shoot was the biggest letdown of the beta for me.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    I just hope they dont introduce a "Teabag other players" bounty... Like Call of Duty - Ghosts did.

Also still holding out a hope for a possible subspec with a roaming Nova Bomb, that big ball you have to shoot was the biggest letdown of the beta for me.

For the sake of my sanity, I refuse to believe this is an actual thing

• Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

For the sake of my sanity, I refuse to believe this is an actual thing

For the sake of your sanity, you should leave the Internet. There are terrible things out there...

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    El Mucho wrote: »

Deathmatch with a shared respawn pool isn't that bad. And there's no significant difference between a bad player that feeds the enemy kills in this game more or any other one.

I thought we moved past the randophobia?

My thought process is at least with Control or standard Clash, even if you have a bad player or jerk/feeder or whatever, at least you can keep playing and contribute.

With a respawn pool, the jerk could waste a bunch of respawns and everyone else is stuck in spectator mode after dying once.

Probably won't actually be a huge issue, I just always think of the worst scenarios first.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Some people first started playing multiplayer shooters with Doom, Quake, Unreal Tournament, Duke Nukem, Halo, or CoD. Many of those players focused solely on that "Kills" stat. "I was top of the scoreboard with 21 kills!" they would proudly proclaim, completely overlooking those 33 deaths.

Some people (like myself) first started playing multiplayer shooters with Counter-Strike. Players like me learned that "not dying" is sometimes better or more fun than killing. Who wants to sit out of the game for 1min+ because the gooses on your team convinced you to rush B with SMGs, but that one dude could finally afford an AWP so he wanted to camp long A until the time runs out?

/random :rotate:

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    So in 3 years of Destiny we had a total of around 45 cutscenes, most coming in the expansions...

Destiny 2 has like 50 in and of itself.

BATHE ME IN STORY, BUNGIE!!! LET ME DROWN IN YOUR SWEET STORY GOODNESS

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    A hilariously under utilized cast. "How much money can we spend on people we'll never use? Let's get a Hollywood talent to voice the fucking vendors!" I hope the first patch replaces all the voice work with Nolan North. He plays all the parts. The vanguard, talking to each other, all voiced by Nolan North.

And then get Troy Baker to voice an evil ghost with a tiny metallic handlebar moustache.

Nosf on
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    A hilariously under utilized cast. "How much money can we spend on people we'll never use? Let's get a Hollywood talent to voice the fucking vendors!"

Destiny 3 will introduce Sir Ian McKellen as the voice of Dreg 4. His lines include, "Braaaaa!" and "Hnngggghhhkk!"

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Patrick Stewart will no doubt appear as a Vex. "bzzz whir click click click" "RIVETING WORK SIR PATRICK I HAVE GOOSEBUMPS!" "Shut up and give my my cheque!"

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    The Rock won't actually have his voice recorded in the game but they'll pay him $30mil to record him stomping on different materials for boot sound effects.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    I know you all joke, but it's already been confirmed we're getting SKELETOR guiding OPTIMUS PRIME as our bad guys... so yeah, i'm already WAY the hell in.

• Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    The Rock won't actually have his voice recorded in the game but they'll pay him $30mil to record him stomping on different materials for boot sound effects.

Would actually be pretty rad if The Rock played a Titan who teaches you a new subclass and then sings a Destiny version of "You're Welcome."

• Options
    HooverFan wrote: »
    I know you all joke, but it's already been confirmed we're getting SKELETOR guiding OPTIMUS PRIME as our bad guys... so yeah, i'm already WAY the hell in.

If it's not Peter Cullen it's not Optimus Prime

and that's the bottom line, because Stone Cold said so (aka sound of a Hive door opening)

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    HooverFan wrote: »

If it's not Peter Cullen it's not Optimus Prime

and that's the bottom line, because Stone Cold said so (aka sound of a Hive door opening)

There's been many, and yes Papa Cullen is the granddaddy, but you can't just dismiss the other many versions.

250px-RIDPrime02.jpg

+

0c8a5424419807b3876a39ebe9b56442--movie-quotes-the-universe.jpg

= Pure Awesome

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Seeing the titan gauntlets in the beta, I can see why this is going on the Blizzard launcher.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited July 2017

Back home from vacation as of this morning. Going to spend some time this evening at least reviewing all of our management tools - the spreadsheet, OP instructions, etc. - and will try to post some thoughts/ask for some opinions about what people would like to do going forward, ahead of tomorrow's "migration" (we still don't know what that entails, because Bungie has been really vague). I've received some DMs requesting migration from PA2 to PA1 if there's space - this is all stuff we're going to figure out together in the days ahead. We will have more than 100 PS4 Arcadians, so we will need some sort of split. Does the current system make sense (PA1, with PA2 for overflow)? Would people prefer a geographical split, i.e. PA East/West, or PA NA and PA EU?

If we keep PA1 and PA2 as-is, I think it makes sense to have some sort of system (Google survey, or asking people to edit the spreadsheet, or something like that) to ask returning Arcadians to reaffirm their membership status, so that we can boot people who don't plan to pick up D2 or who plan to main on PC or something.

Lot of thoughts swirling. Not really sure what we're doing until we see what Bungie's doing tomorrow. Excited either way (and did get to play some beta today!).

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    GMaster7 wrote: »

Back home from vacation as of this morning. Going to spend some time this evening at least reviewing all of our management tools - the spreadsheet, OP instructions, etc. - and will try to post some thoughts/ask for some opinions about what people would like to do going forward, ahead of tomorrow's "migration" (we still don't know what that entails, because Bungie has been really vague). I've received some DMs requesting migration from PA2 to PA1 if there's space - this is all stuff we're going to figure out together in the days ahead. We will have more than 100 PS4 Arcadians, so we will need some sort of split. Does the current system make sense (PA1, with PA2 for overflow)? Would people prefer a geographical split, i.e. PA East/West, or PA NA and PA EU?

If we keep PA1 and PA2 as-is, I think it makes sense to have some sort of system (Google survey, or asking people to edit the spreadsheet, or something like that) to ask returning Arcadians to reaffirm their membership status, so that we can boot people who don't plan to pick up D2 or who plan to main on PC or something.

Lot of thoughts swirling. Not really sure what we're doing until we see what Bungie's doing tomorrow. Excited either way (and did get to play some beta today!).

I know I am not PS, so my two cents is worth like half a cent, but if you are consistently at 2 clans worth of members it would make sense to do a geographical split so people can get together for activities easier.

ObiFett on