As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bundle up tight and abandon [Fashion] for warmth

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    I am turning 30 on November 30th and I'm planning my outfit already

As it is my GOLDEN BIRTHDAY i am going to buy and wear this ridiculously flashy number.

https://www.lulus.com/products/world-s-a-stage-rose-gold-sequin-dress/379352.html

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Love it.

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    polo fabric is gross.

It depends on the Polos. A lot are bad, but some are good!

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    polo fabric is gross.

aren't "official" polos all the same fabric tho? that not-quite-burlap shit?

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I used to wear polos every day to the public library just because they were the easiest thing for the dress code. Once I left I donated them all to goodwill. Now I only have one polo but it was free and have my school's name on it so I can wear it if i just don't feel like a tie.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    As someone wearing a polo right now

they're fine

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited September 2017

As it is my GOLDEN BIRTHDAY i am going to buy and wear this ridiculously flashy number.

https://www.lulus.com/products/world-s-a-stage-rose-gold-sequin-dress/379352.html

Bowen, skip the sundress/kilt and wear this.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Gundi wrote: »
    polo fabric is gross.

aren't "official" polos all the same fabric tho? that not-quite-burlap shit?

I've never worn or cared about an "official" polo.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Bowen, skip the sundress/kilt and wear this.

I could rock it, unfortunately it'd be a tight fit at the largest size.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    I bought some fangamer polos for work, some are close to 'official' polo material but softer and some are much lighter material. They're comfy, and the bright red one has a metroid for the insignia, so I can work faster and subsist on the life force of my customers more efficiently.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Im polo

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    One of the biggest perks of working out here is that dressing for work is real easy as a guy, because the answer is almost always aloha shirt + slacks (or nice jeans). I think the only exceptions to the rule are military and lawyers.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I absolutely love this.

Yard-fashion!

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I can't remember the last time I wore a polo.

Probably back when those polos with the weird kind of elastic poofy, sleeves were a thing? They don't still make them like that do they? I have vague memories of being made super uncomfortable by how tight they were around my arms.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Guys.

I want these shoes so bad.

RN4Se5F.png

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Man, I want to. But they're like 265€ and I am pretty sure they won't ship 'em to me here in Singapore.

Also, I gotta save my dinero for Melbourne and sundry other plans.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Oh crikey, I didn't even see the price

yeeesh

• Options
    I cannot comment on amounts of money I have spent on single pairs of shoes in my life, but yeahhh, it's like the same cost as the entirety of expenses for my planned weekend in Indonesia in October.

And if I gotta choose one, it's gonna be the beach.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    can anyone help me find really good military boots online? I had Altana last time but can't find them anywhere in size 11 anymore.

any other good brands?

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Belleville is the actual brand of boot I was issued before the Army switched to deserts. I still have them, thirteen years later, so they hold up.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I have a pair of Corcoran jump boots for my ghostbusting job. Very comfy when wearing a heavy unlicensed nuclear accelerator for hours.

They have a zipper up the side for ease of putting on and off.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    David WalgasDavid Walgas Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    can anyone help me find really good military boots online? I had Altana last time but can't find them anywhere in size 11 anymore.

any other good brands?

Depending on what you want to use em for (cause jump boots look way better than the deserts),
    http://m.reebokwork.com/357/Reebok-Strikepoint-RB8840 - are a good light walking boot, they don't have the stiff ankle support for hiking/rucking that I like.
    https://www.merrell.com/US/en/moab-2-8-inch-tactical-waterproof-boot/29991M.html?dwvar_29991M_color=J15845#cgid=merrell-tactical&start=1 - my favorite boots for rucking/hiking. Merrell was my gold standard.
    https://www.rangerjoes.com/Boots-C228.aspx - and Ranger Joe's is just an overall good resource for all of your uniform boot needs. They should have issue boots if that's what you're looking for.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I went to that shoe store I was talking about in the LGBT thread and bought these darling things.
    M8isc2C.jpg
    urXChel.jpg

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Very nice placement of the hair ties too.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    hey, maybe some of y'all want to jaunt down to Tuesday Morning.
    ZYMYdA5l.jpg
    MDrBjAjl.jpg
    pretty alright for 10 bucks a pop.

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm such a sucker for an asymmetrical shoe

6cvvi3g63qre.jpg

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    W-what is this

oOyooNS.png
    nlvEwhH.png

what is happening

HnFVYjn.png
    4sZDmiz.png

where am i

d8WipwB.png
    F89diri.png

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Uh

Huh.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Is number 1 a....reverse denim peplum??

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I feel like staring at any of that results in an eldritch madness.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Ok that was a completely unnecessary denim trash post, let me apologize.

nBHe1mb.jpg
    eFHvQuK.jpg
    QcRgLhF.jpg
    FejNpDi.jpg
    P6hxVwZ.jpg
    ncK6f6q.jpg
    MQu9tvJ.jpg

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    It's like some kind of Junji Ito denim fashion line

Veldrin on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I love them all.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    God help me that lambskin jacket is insane and I want it.

• Options

Yours for a mere $6k!

https://www.net-a-porter.com/us/en/product/920063/Alexander_McQueen/shearling-lined-textured-leather-jacket

• Options
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Ok that was a completely unnecessary denim trash post, let me apologize.

ncK6f6q.jpg

I love this soooo much.

The over-the-hands cuffs thing was pretty evident in Seoul in the winter and I was really digging it, the issue is like, functionally using your hands for typing and shit unless you scrunch the sleeves up.

But I still really dig it.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »

Yours for a mere $6k!

https://www.net-a-porter.com/us/en/product/920063/Alexander_McQueen/shearling-lined-textured-leather-jacket

So you think walmart will carry it in a year?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    I went to that shoe store I was talking about in the LGBT thread and bought these darling things.
    M8isc2C.jpg
    urXChel.jpg

Those are good shoesen
    pooka wrote: »
    hey, maybe some of y'all want to jaunt down to Tuesday Morning.
    ZYMYdA5l.jpg
    MDrBjAjl.jpg
    pretty alright for 10 bucks a pop.

Wonder if wigs are that price online! Time to search

This discussion has been closed.