As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bundle up tight and abandon [Fashion] for warmth

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Yeah but I decided against it cause it's a real Announcement of a dress and I haven't worn it in a while so what if it looked bad?

I wore it to @Mysst and @Jennerose 's wedding and someone in her family described me as I think "dressed for a slutty funeral," which was both perfect and accurate.

Sandra you didn't even share the best part: we have a picture of you in this dress.

Standing next to me.

And I am hosed.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I didn't because it doesn't really show much of the dress!

(I am also positively trollied in that picture.)

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    I am pretty sure I was farther down the margarita rabbit hole than you were at that point.

Me + endless free margaritas = good thing Jeff was driving!

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    That photo also hilariously demonstrates that you are a Captain America sized guy and I am vertically challenged.

It's a really good photo is what I'm saying.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    KwsU7ca.jpg

Christ we were drunk

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    KwsU7ca.jpg

Christ we were drunk

This is such a good photo

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    KwsU7ca.jpg

Christ we were drunk

Haha this is great

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    KwsU7ca.jpg

Christ we were drunk

I think I'm gonna have this framed

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    You're not Jim Duggan?!

I feel betrayed

• Options
    JenneroseJennerose Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Cello wrote: »
    KwsU7ca.jpg

Christ we were drunk

You both look like one of you hissed "Try to look sober!" right before the picture was taken and everyone is failing at the assigned task, I love this photo so much. I have so many glorious drunk photos of all our friends from our wedding and every one is A++.

Jennerose on
  • Options
    On a more mundane note I bought a 3/4 length top at the local monthly market from a cool local business so here are two crap selfies of me in it

21641254_10159444740015232_1695899785_n.jpg?oh=e6f869b129f776975411d6adaefd7bd3&oe=59C09E0A

21849130_10159444740130232_1096362939_n.jpg?oh=0e274d3f7f16eb2ef1d7da418f38e2bc&oe=59C098BA

He's working with a DnB artist I really like to make a new design and he's e-mailing it to me so I can check it out, reckon I met get him to do a custom do for me!

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    That reminds me of Kanye's "Power" music video.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    But. I have no idea what to do now.

Normal dandruff shampoo? Just conditioner? Just water?

Also, I am the quest at technology.

I do not understand imgur. I don't get how to make it work. Why does it need to take my messenger chat head things away in order to let me upload things. I do not understand.

Is there another way to share photos?

lonelyahava
    ms136nekb24o.jpg
    Use the forum uploader, but this won't reduce the file size I don't think.

Yeah. I try that, but it always says the images are too large.

Oh well. I'll try and fight with imgur later

Put an l (lowercase L) before the .jpg or .png and it'll make it a smaller, more friendly size

• Options
    sarukun wrote: »
    That reminds me of Kanye's "Power" music video.

Not a bad thing to be reminded of really!

• Options
    Jennerose wrote: »
    KwsU7ca.jpg

Christ we were drunk

You both look like one of you hissed "Try to look sober!" right before the picture was taken and everyone is failing at the assigned task, I love this photo so much. I have so many glorious drunk photos of all our friends from our wedding and every one is A++.

Fun fact: when the photographer asked us if the two of us were together, I tried to say "Technically we are together right now as we are making physical contact with one another!" But instead it came out as "We're touching right now!" and then I made a big dopey smile.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I gotta finish hemming my one nice pair of pants. I only have the legs tacked still.

Actually though I don't know if they even still fit.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    Bought a couple of t-shirts online this afternoon (more on that actually kind of weird story later) but they also had this;

DSC09781_2048x2048.jpg?v=1505340998

Which on the one hand is terrible

but on the other hand I... kind of really like it?

• Options
    JenneroseJennerose Registered User regular
    Jennerose wrote: »
    KwsU7ca.jpg

Christ we were drunk

Fun fact: when the photographer asked us if the two of us were together, I tried to say "Technically we are together right now as we are making physical contact with one another!" But instead it came out as "We're touching right now!" and then I made a big dopey smile.

omg I am now dead from laughter

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    @Solar get the shirt, it's so colourful! And it's got lots of hearts in the design, which is nice. It's sort of like a cross between a mandala and a fractal, to my eyes?

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    that t-shirt is the opposite of terrible

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I hope this is the right thread to ask, but uh, where do people buy jeans (and more generally, clothes for human adult men)? Every pair of jeans I own I have either blown out the crotch area of, or I gained too much weight in recent years and thus can't fit into any of the pairs long enough to have blown out the crotch areas of them (I like to squat and do air kicks).

I used to work at a clothing store many years ago, so I checked out their website to see what they had, but apparently they just no longer sell any jeans that would fit me. It's all weird specialty jeans that have weird cuts and tapers I know won't fit me, and they are really trying to push these new sweatpants that LOOK like jeans, which is not really what I want at all. I've tried on a bunch of pairs that I own that still have intact crotches, and even if I can get them closed around my waist, they usually don't fit me right/are incredibly tight in the thigh area (especially if I'm doing the aforementioned squatting).

The smart, galaxy brain answer is just to lose enough weight that all of my old pants that I already paid money for and own will fit me again, but that seems like a lot of work. Also I have bought pants that I have tried on in the store, found them to be fine, and then brought home and they no longer fit me properly. I don't trust my own judgment on clothes or how they are supposed to "fit".

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Duluth Trading has an A+ jean selection.

sig.gif
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    @cooljammer00 sounds like you're probably after something like athletic fit jeans. They are made specifically to provide more give in the butt and thigh areas.

• Options
    Yes, upon doing some more research, athletic fit jeans are looking like what I need, especially for the thigh areas (I supremely lack a bottom, so I figure the back is gonna look like a parachute). I guess I just gotta figure out a brand and a place that sells jeans so I can go try on a few pairs. What's considered a normal price to pay for pants? I'm also seeing in my Google searches that Levis 541s are something I might want to check out.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Yes, upon doing some more research, athletic fit jeans are looking like what I need, especially for the thigh areas (I supremely lack a bottom, so I figure the back is gonna look like a parachute). I guess I just gotta figure out a brand and a place that sells jeans so I can go try on a few pairs. What's considered a normal price to pay for pants? I'm also seeing in my Google searches that Levis 541s are something I might want to check out.

I've usually paid around $60-$80 for my jeans and they've lasted me a good while.

• Options
    @Solar get the shirt, it's so colourful! And it's got lots of hearts in the design, which is nice. It's sort of like a cross between a mandala and a fractal, to my eyes?

Well I got these this time around;

DSC09791_2048x2048.jpg?v=1505338279

Lion_97fa7dfa-d585-4214-bfae-cb941632eb45_2048x2048.png?v=1505341909

Which I really like, so maybe next time

Funny story I was browsing the site and I put those two into my cart just to keep a track of them and I got a text message, yes that's right a text message to my phone (and I was browsing on a laptop!) saying hey, I'm Danielle at Electro Threads! I see you are checking out these t-shirts! Would you like me to get a discount code for you?

Which I did because hey, US shipping, and the discount took off the shipping and then some which is cool. But still! Text message? I may need to fiddle with some things...

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    cooljammer00 sounds like you're probably after something like athletic fit jeans. They are made specifically to provide more give in the butt and thigh areas.

chucknorris.jpg

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    There's this weird feeling of both relief and irritation that very few people said anything about my haircut.

And the one person to really comment on it was extremely enthusiastic and supportive. And he's a coworker that I barely talk to.

So, overall a good thing?

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    There's this weird feeling of both relief and irritation that very few people said anything about my haircut.

And the one person to really comment on it was extremely enthusiastic and supportive. And he's a coworker that I barely talk to.

So, overall a good thing?

Welcome, sister.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    You can still buy those Chuck Norris action jeans: https://www.centurymartialarts.com/apparel/century-kicking-jeans-blue

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    You can still buy those Chuck Norris action jeans: https://www.centurymartialarts.com/apparel/century-kicking-jeans-blue

.. now I've got some decisions to make.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

now without extra homophobia

• Options
    If I wasn't set on actually trying on the pants before I bought them, I'd heavily consider picking up a pair.

And we're sure Chuck Norris no longer has any affiliation with those jeans?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    If I wasn't set on actually trying on the pants before I bought them, I'd heavily consider picking up a pair.

And we're sure Chuck Norris no longer has any affiliation with those jeans?

Yeah nope I had a look and the reviews mention them being significantly different and improved from the old 1980s design, and there is zero mention of Chuck Norris in the marketing copy. Also be sure to watch the product review video.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I like the idea that there are karate people who are always super apprehensive about having to do a sweet kick in public but without their karate pants. So much so a line of karate jeans was manufactured specifically to ease that fear and give them the ability to do round houses at any given moment.

• Options
    Juggernut wrote: »
    I like the idea that there are karate people who are always super apprehensive about having to do a sweet kick in public but without their karate pants. So much so a line of karate jeans was manufactured specifically to ease that fear and give them the ability to do round houses at any given moment.

There are also regular fat schlubs like me who find many cuts of jeans quite restrictive, even before I got as big as I am now and thus have trouble finding jeans that fit nicely. And no, I'm not trying to humblebrag about my monster dong or anything like that (hah, I wish!), it's just that regular jeans have always felt like they bound up at the hips and knees to me, even quite baggy fits.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    tell us more about this monster dong

• Options
    HEY WHAT'S UP IN HERE I heard we were talking about monster dongs and I came as fast as I could
    aheheheh

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    tell us more about this monster dong

You'll have to ask someone with experience on the subject!

This discussion has been closed.