As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BEER] The Lacing on This Thread is Breathtaking. Mouthfeel

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I've never had that Minnesota beer listed... Looks like I have an adventure to take!

• Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    Central waters in Wisconsin makes just fantastic beers

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Barrel Aged Ten Fidy interesting

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Also I used to be meh about pumpkin beer season because it was so over saturated but now it's like to be purchased you have to come legit and now I'm into the season.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Heads up: Voodoo Ranger Atomic Pumpkin contains habanero, for some reason. It's not super spicy, but it's definitely that kind of heat that sticks with you long after you're finished, and I can't imagine that having more than a couple in an evening will bode well for your butthole the next morning.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Michigan's being from Old Nation is very surprising as everything I've had by them has been bad to acceptable.

• Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    Michigan's being from Old Nation is very surprising as everything I've had by them has been bad to acceptable.

I think my favorite beer from Michigan is Bee Sting.

Also tonight I learned that my alcoholic cat Snickers, who constantly tries to steal my beer, also likes stouts. If you leave your beer by its self around him he will either stick his paw or face in it, or knock it over and then start licking it up. Yes I know beer is bad for cats and don't give it to him willingly but he can be can be a little ass. Today he jumped on my lap and shoved his face into my pint and got a lick or two in while sticking his butt in my face before I got him off me. Skittles, my other cat doesn't care about beer and barely will even sniff at the stuff.

So in closing, Snickers is a filthy drunk who doesn't have boundaries or know what personal space is.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »
    Untappd listed the highest ranked beer per state for the now-finished Summer - minimum 2000 check-ins to qualify.
    Alabama: IPA (Rating 3.75) | Good People Brewing Co.
    Alaska: Hopothermia (Rating: 3.80) | Alaskan Brewing Co.
    Arizona: Hop Knot (Rating: 3.72) | Four Peaks Brewing Co.
    Arkansas: BDCS (2017) (Rating: 4.54) | Ozark Beer Co.
    California: Fundamental Observation (2017) (Rating: 4.72) | Bottle Logic Brewing
    Colorado: Barrel-Aged Ten FIDY Imperial Stout Aged in Bourbon (Rating: 4.48) | Oskar Blues Brewery
    Connecticut: Fuzzy Baby Ducks (Rating: 4.36) | New England Brewing Co.
    Delaware: Oak-Aged Vanilla World Wide Stout (Rating: 4.35) | Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
    District of Columbia: The Corruption (Rating: 3.59) | DC Brau Brewing Co.
    Florida: Last Snow (Rating: 4.36) | Funky Buddha Brewery
    Georgia: Tropicália (Rating: 4.28) | Creature Comforts Brewing Co.
    Hawaii: Double Overhead (Rating 3.91) | Maui Brewing Co.
    Idaho: Teton Range IPA (Rating: 3.74) | Grand Teton Brewing
    Illinois: Bourbon County Brand Stout (2016) 13.8% (Rating: 4.61) | Goose Island Beer Co.
    Indiana: Zombie Dust (Rating: 4.48) | 3 Floyds Brewing Co.
    Iowa: King Sue (Rating: 4.54) | Toppling Goliath Brewing Co.
    Kansas: Buffalo Sweat Oatmeal Cream Stout (Rating: 3.85) | Tallgrass Brewing Co.
    Kentucky: Citra Ass Down (Rating: 3.95) | Against the Grain Brewery & Smokehouse
    Louisiana: Ghost In The Machine (Rating: 4.48) | Parish Brewing Co.
    Maine: Dinner (Rating: 4.69) | Maine Beer Co.
    Maryland: Citralaxy (Rating: 4.27) | Burley Oak Brewing Co.
    Massachusetts: Headroom (2017) (Rating: 4.67) | Trillium Brewing Co.
    Michigan: Boss Tweed NE DIPA (Rating: 4.56) | Old Nation Brewing Co.
    Minnesota: Hooey (Rating: 4.31) | Lupulin Brewing Co.
    Mississippi: Devil’s Harvest Breakfast IPA (Rating: 3.81) | Southern Prohibition Brewing
    Missouri: Love Child No. 8 (Rating: 4.10) | Boulevard Brewing Co.
    Montana: Moose Drool Brown Ale (Rating: 3.71) | Big Sky Brewing Co.
    Nebraska: DAAANG! IPA (Rating: 4.07) | Zipline Brewing Co.
    Nevada: Dr. Lupulin 3x (Rating: 4.13) | Revision Brewing Co.
    New Hampshire: IPA (Rating: 3.97) | Stoneface Brewing Co.
    New Jersey: Overhead (Rating: 4.16) | Kane Brewing Co.
    New Mexico: Elevated IPA (Rating: 4.10) | La Cumbre Brewing Co.
    New York: Double Dry Hopped Double Mosaic Daydream (Rating: 4.59) | Other Half Brewing Co.
    North Carolina: Skillet Donut Stout (Rating: 4.23) | Burial Beer Co.
    North Dakota: Wheez the Juice (Rating: 4.00) | Drekker Brewing Co.
    Ohio: Bodhi (Rating: 4.43) | Columbus Brewing Co.
    Oklahoma: Barrel Aged Bible Belt (Rating: 4.44) | Prairie Artisan Ales
    Oregon: 3-Way IPA (2017) (Rating: 4.36) | Fort George Brewery
    Pennsylvania: Milkshake IPA (Double Extra Vanilla) (Rating: 4.58) | Tired Hands Brewing Co.
    Rhode Island: Captain’s Daughter (Rating: 4.20) | Grey Sail Brewing of RI
    South Carolina: Mexican Cake (Rating: 4.28) | Westbrook Brewing Co.
    South Dakota: Curio (Rating: 3.70) | Fernson Brewing Co.
    Tennessee: Homestyle (Rating: 4.18) | Bearded Iris Brewing
    Texas: Yellow Rose (Rating: 4.21) | Lone Pint Brewery
    Utah: Citralush (Rating: 3.91) | Epic Brewing Co.
    Vermont: Heady Topper (Rating: 4.67) | The Alchemist
    Virginia: We We Ded Ded (Rating: 4.49) | The Veil Brewing Co.
    Washington: Bodhizafa (Rating: 4.08) | Georgetown Brewing Co.
    West Virginia: Devil Anse IPA (Rating: 3.94) | Greenbrier Valley Brewing Co.
    Wisconsin: Cassian Sunset (2017) (Rating: 4.52) | Central Waters Brewing Co.
    Wyoming: Drunken Master (Rating: 4.19) | Melvin Brewing

Oregon's does not surprise me. This year's edition of 3-Way was goooooood.

Indiana: Zombie Dust (Rating: 4.48) | 3 Floyds Brewing Co.

Ugh these assholes. They make OK beer! I do enjoy some of it, but they are so over rated and the people at the brew pub are assholes. Also the owners are rude as hell as are their kids.

• Options
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Heads up: Voodoo Ranger Atomic Pumpkin contains habanero, for some reason. It's not super spicy, but it's definitely that kind of heat that sticks with you long after you're finished, and I can't imagine that having more than a couple in an evening will bode well for your butthole the next morning.

And thank you for this, I have one in my fridge from the make your own six pack I grabbed last week

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Huh.

Man, I really like 3 Floyds and have never have a problem with the brewpub. That is super disappointing to hear, that you have that kind of experience.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Oh yeah everytime I have been there the wait staff and bartenders are super assholes and from talking to others and looking at their review this was not an isolated experience. Though it was a few years ago so it might be different. I met the owners at a brewfest once, they were not there in a capacity as a vendor, but going from brewery to brewery letting them know "Yes we are the 3 Floyd's guys, and yeah this ok I guess, not as good as ours keep trying bye" and it rubbed me super the wrong way.

Also like, I enjoy some of their beer, Robert the Bruce, Gumballhead, Zombie Dust, most of their collaborations, but everyone here (I live like 30 minutes from the brewery) jerks off to how amazing all their beer is and how its superior to all other beer and its just so wonderful. Its very annoying.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Yeah, that sort of attitude gets old real quick, no doubt. It's just a big drag to hear that people are having that kind of experience with a brewery that I really liked and didn't know had that sort of shit going on.

It was really good talking to the Young Master and Yardley guys in HK, to hear that the scene is still friendly even though it's growing/maturing.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Its entirely possible I just had an isolated experience. I also had a kerfuffle with the owners of Greenbush a few years back.....maybe I'm the asshole I don't know.

• Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Jedoc wrote: »

And thank you for this, I have one in my fridge from the make your own six pack I grabbed last week

Update: I have had a couple more since my last post, and I have come to the conclusion that this is a bad beer. I'm not sure where the pumpkin is supposed to come in, because mostly all I can taste is that someone dropped a pickled jalapeno into a pretty plain brown ale. I'm going to try and unload my remaining three bottles on a circ clerk I know who regularly drinks fireball whiskey. D-.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Just picked up a 6 pack of Sea Quench, and now only 2 hours to go till midnight and the start of the new month. Woo Beer!

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    I figured out what to do with the Hell or High Watermelon: michelada

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Oh snap it's Great American Beer Fest time.

I wasn't sure if I should rest my liver this week or slowly build my tolerance but either way

See you classy bastards in three days.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Jealous. I have GOT to get there one of these years.

As for me, the Hood River Hops Fest is this weekend. So while I won't be drinking anyway near the variety, at least I got the quality part covered.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    Hurricanes and the slow ass time it takes to get he media outlets to pay you for your work has means I'll likely miss my annual pilgrimage to Tulsa's Oktoberfest yet again. :C

• Options
    And you've already missed Choctaw's. Guess you'll just have to get regular ole drunk like the rest of us.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    New Belgium's Fat Tire Belgium White is fucking tasty. Rich and slightly creamy. Mild hops and a rich bread flavor. I could drink this for breakfast.

• Options
    Oddside came legit this year.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Thick As Blood from Bitter Brothers might be the absolute most sour beer I've ever had holy shit.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    The Judge on
  • Options
    Round 2 ready go

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    So if my opinions on the Hops Fest were not enough of a draw, nature just dropped the end of a rainbow on the goddamned front steps.

Also: Breakside yesterday, Breakside today, Breakside tomorrow.

• Options
    Just made a batch of chili to get rid of that terrible habanero beer. To celebrate, I cracked open my last Steamworks Great Pumpkin Ale. On the first swig, the burning begins.

I dumped the wrong beer into my chili, and now I'm in a Twilight Zone episode.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Oh man, I can totally picture that. I'm sorry! :bro:

I'm going to make some ginger ale on Tuesday. Got my raw ginger and some lemons and limes. I'm ready for some tasty soda.

• Options
    My town had the local brew fest the last weekend of September. Unfortunately my town is upper middle class assholes and tickets sell out about 5 minutes after they go on sale, and the brew fest routinely runs out of beet an hour to and hour and a half before the event ends, and they oversell like crazy, making it a bad time.

However a smaller town about 20 minutes away has theirs on the 14th and my whole family is going. Its a smaller affair with some less known and more local brews, but hey its beer!

• Options
    Small and local can absolutely surprise and delight.

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    so i'm back in the all-grain game proper after some distractions this year (like another damn baby). this one just finished conditioning and tastes great: i called it the "supermassive" black lager in honour of my son's love for space shit and for something cool to draw on the chalkboard/brewfridge. it's basically a simple schwartzbier:
    B8DQz2X.png

next up i've got an altbier: 70% pilsner, 30% munich with carafa III for colour. yeast is safale k-97 which i've never used before, but i only put it down yesterday and it's got big krausen already set to 17c so i'm happy! i've used spalt for both but i'm thinking of dry hopping the altbier too. see how it tastes closer to bottling.

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I just picked up some Cidergeist semi dry hard cider and this is really very good.

Plus the logo is adorable.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    That's a good label

• Options
    Oh also I have a stock pot now but it's only about ten quarts.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Pizza place a few blocks from my work just got an upgrade.
    c0oac2adcg12.jpg

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Part of me looks at that and says "nice!"

Another part looks and says " . . . how bad those nozzles are going to get thanks to people who unknowingly submerge them while pouring?"

• Options
    This cider is very good.

I bought a six pack of it and I'm thinking of having my second of the night in bit.

But drinking too often gives stomach issues.

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »
    Part of me looks at that and says "nice!"

Another part looks and says " . . . how bad those nozzles are going to get thanks to people who unknowingly submerge them while pouring?"

Eh, as long as it's cleaned regularly (which it should be) it's a non-issue. If I owned a bar I'd clean the taps every other day (if not more frequently) and flush the lines every week.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    I used to drink in a bar where all the lines tasted like sourdough that had done wrong and died without repenting. We put up with it because it was like $7 pitchers and the bar was on the fifth and top floor of the tallest building in town, so you got a good view. It was great for the 4th of July.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Oh man...

If you get a chance to try Insight's Crazy Aunt beer I highly recommend it.

It's a gin and tonic beer and it's fucking delicious.