As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade October [chat] Spooktacular

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    pregante is like super pregnant

like pregnant and grande

What if you don't want a full Venti gregnancy

Can you order like a Tall

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    on the bright side he's not allergic to bees

if it's only his first sting he still might be

Hm we should have an epipen here I guess

Wonder how expensive

just crush up some benadryl in water i'm sure it's basically the same thing

Pls note, Chanus is actually a doctor.

Of love.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    uJpMa13_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    I finally met this person I've known online for like 10 years and is a ridiculous human being

It seems like her life plan is to marry a millionaire so she can be a beach bum forever

She's 40

I don't even know

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Shivahn wrote: »
    i may not have kids for a reason

Yeah, cuz you didn't know what to do when they got stung by bees.

you pat them on the back until the bee venom comes out right?

I think you inject them with a tiny amount of strychnine to homoeopathically immunize them against death

• Options
    porpporp Registered User regular

Wonder how expensive

Don't they expire every 6 months? You will be advised to stay away from stuff like peanut butter until whatever age. Think it's 2. But I think you'll be ok without one. Can ask your ped about it though.

No. They revised the peanut butter thing I think to younger than that.

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    SeaWorld laying off. While I do not like people losing jobs, the highlight of that place for my kids was the jungle gym that had nothing to do with the sea.

Also it was a huge ripoff and overpriced. Kids have had better animal experiences at small town aquariums on highway 101.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    hoo boy is Skylines a million times better. Especially with a suite of mods and custom content

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    DONT GIVE HONEY TO YOUR BABIES

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Porp did I tell you that one of my students looks like you and it's not ok?

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    I finally met this person I've known online for like 10 years and is a ridiculous human being

It seems like her life plan is to marry a millionaire so she can be a beach bum forever

She's 40

I don't even know
    That sounds like a great plan. Where can I sign up for this plan? Don't (at) me.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

She's 40

I don't even know

at least she's older than me so i feel like less of a failure at the same plan

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Also epi pens are pretty serious business, they can mess your shit up if you screw it up. When i was a lifeguard they told us expressly to not administer epi pens. Even if the beachgoer had an epi pen they had to hit themselves with it, and we definitely couldn't just grab one from someone and hit them with it.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    hoo boy is Skylines a million times better. Especially with a suite of mods and custom content

Nude building mod is the light.

• Options
    porp wrote: »

Wonder how expensive

Don't they expire every 6 months? You will be advised to stay away from stuff like peanut butter until whatever age. Think it's 2. But I think you'll be ok without one. Can ask your ped about it though.

Or maybe it was honey. I don't know. My kids don't have allergies to anything. Except maybe they are allergic to putting on their shoes in a timely manor.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Wonder how expensive

It goes all over the place from what I read up on a couple months ago. Its like the are eggs good for breakfast argument.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

She's 40

I don't even know

Also Narwhal's strategy

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    What if we marry each other?!

... No, wait, that doesn't make any sense ... hold on ...

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

Wonder how expensive

Epinephrine has a shelf life of like 18ish months, so I'd say "a year" is reasonable.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    in The Good Place they mention epipens
    It's on the list of things she got negative points for in her life. Apparently she scalped four epi-pens!

• Options

Wonder how expensive

Or maybe it was honey. I don't know. My kids don't have allergies to anything. Except maybe they are allergic to putting on their shoes in a timely manor.

The honey thing is less about allergies and more about tiny human immune systems being no match for mighty bacterial neurotoxins

While adults are apparently like "Botulism? More like notulism. Ha!"

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »
    I think we should remove the general public's ability to put reviews on the internet, not make them more important.

Oh man yeah.

If I am looking at a game I may look at Metacritic and Steam. But just the base score and even then I still go watch gameplay vids to be sure because I have played some great games that got blasted by the mob.

No Man's Sky, Mass Effect Andromeda, and hell I even enjoyed that SimCity that got slammed.
    Well I'm pretty sure you're objectively wrong about SimCity.

That SimCity was pretty fun for a little while. But the flaws came out pretty fast.

Cities Skylines just bulldozed over Sim City 5.

It wasn't even fair.

Cities Skylines does seem to be pretty awesome from the little bits I've played.

People were more apt to look over the flaws the game had at release because it was offline and had slightly larger build spaces. It has improved a lot given the time to do so though. No more corpse towns. No more filling up tiny spots you were given. No more buggy traffic. Its the best out right now.

"Slightly" larger? Nah man, the build space in Cities was like 5-10 times the size of SC5.

/shrug. You got, what was it 14 or more, plots you could build on and connect. You get one in Cities. So Simcity was slightly larger. And at release it only the best computers could build on the full Cities plot anyway as it still needed a ton of optimization. Its much better now though like I said.

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »

Wonder how expensive

It goes all over the place from what I read up on a couple months ago. Its like the are eggs good for breakfast argument.

I only followed the honey thing because of botulism or whatever. But I was pretty lax on the other stuff. In small itty bitty quantities that is.

• Options
    I think we should remove the general public's ability to put reviews on the internet, not make them more important.

Oh man yeah.

If I am looking at a game I may look at Metacritic and Steam. But just the base score and even then I still go watch gameplay vids to be sure because I have played some great games that got blasted by the mob.

No Man's Sky, Mass Effect Andromeda, and hell I even enjoyed that SimCity that got slammed.

That SimCity was pretty fun for a little while. But the flaws came out pretty fast.

It wasn't even fair.

Cities Skylines does seem to be pretty awesome from the little bits I've played.

People were more apt to look over the flaws the game had at release because it was offline and had slightly larger build spaces. It has improved a lot given the time to do so though. No more corpse towns. No more filling up tiny spots you were given. No more buggy traffic. Its the best out right now.

"Slightly" larger? Nah man, the build space in Cities was like 5-10 times the size of SC5.

/shrug. You got, what was it 14 or more, plots you could build on and connect. You get one in Cities. So Simcity was slightly larger. And at release it only the best computers could build on the full Cities plot anyway as it still needed a ton of optimization. Its much better now though like I said.

Well the plots "connecting" wasn't really anything more than a single road going in and out right?

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

Wonder how expensive

unsurprisingly that's now changing and people are beginning to have evidence that for many food allergies, it's that we stayed away from the food that triggers allergic response on first exposure.

The whole thing is a giant goddamn question mark. Stuff changed between BC and spool17 and there's a raft of things we did that aren't done now, and vice versa.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

Wonder how expensive

i thought the thing now was that you can try them out on it and early exposure can actually prevent allergies

though again i just read stuff on the internet occasionally and sometimes remember it correctly

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

She's 40

I don't even know
    That sounds like a great plan. Where can I sign up for this plan? Don't (at) me.

Southern California but also you have to be a food journalist(???) and go on a lot of international trips where you have cuddle sessions with millionaires

I cannot figure out if she's actually a journalist; she's definitely sort of trying to be but also sort of not trying that hard and getting money from her parents and her dates

She is american but has a british accent from when she was dating a swedish aristo years ago so now she's basically european and did you know that americans should work less etc etc

I'm really just disappointed that she was wearing normal clothes instead of like a dolce and gabbana jumpsuit or the sort of ridiculous outfits she describes on her blog...

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    *headbangs to ducktales theme*

Bless your heart.
  • Options

Wonder how expensive

i thought the thing now was that you can try them out on it and early exposure can actually prevent allergies

though again i just read stuff on the internet occasionally and sometimes remember it correctly

Inject babies with peanut butter, got it

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

Oh man yeah.

It wasn't even fair.

Well the plots "connecting" wasn't really anything more than a single road going in and out right?

Oh yeah nm im thinking of another game. My bad. I do remember when they modded the maps larger in Simcity 5 though it was killing gpus too heh.

• Options
    spool32 wrote: »

Wonder how expensive

unsurprisingly that's now changing and people are beginning to have evidence that for many food allergies, it's that we stayed away from the food that triggers allergic response on first exposure.

The whole thing is a giant goddamn question mark. Stuff changed between BC and spool17 and there's a raft of things we did that aren't done now, and vice versa.

when you get right down to it it's a surprise any of us survive childhood at all

much less adulthood

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    Also epi pens are pretty serious business, they can mess your shit up if you screw it up. When i was a lifeguard they told us expressly to not administer epi pens. Even if the beachgoer had an epi pen they had to hit themselves with it, and we definitely couldn't just grab one from someone and hit them with it.
    good rules

some well-meaning kid can easily just waste it. Or fuck up and prick themselves with it or something.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

Oh man yeah.

It wasn't even fair.

It's just a matter of being honest.

"We can't give you single player because it all happens on the cloud!!!!!!111!!!one"

Not honest. Just disable those cloud features, besides, the simulations should happen on our computers because there's no way that's even fucking cost effective in the long run.

Cities Skyline was super honest for what it was. It had it's flaws, but you could tell they weren't making shit up just to sell you a polished turd.

There were a lot of other problems with Sim City 5, too. I'd argue that the build spaces we're much smaller and the simulation was really shallow.

The launch date problems with Cities Skylines were all problems with simulation logic. "Corpse towns" happened because of a combination of citizen lifespan logic and traffic logic.

But the truth behind that is that there is some pretty sophisticated simulation logic under the hood. Citizens have lifespans! They age and die! Traffic is actually trying to get from point A to point B!

Whereas in SimCity 5, the behavior of Sims was abstracted into rules that made it more like a puzzle game than a simulation. For example, Sims in SimCity 5 don't have persistent homes. When a Sim leaves work, he goes to the closest available empty house. All of the utilities including water use the same congestion rules as traffic.

The simplicity of their simulation made both the small building areas and the always-online requirement questionable.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Guys... what if autism causes vaccines.

Think about it.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    happy 10th anniversary of none pizza with left beef

beef.jpg

• Options

Oh man yeah.

It wasn't even fair.

Oh yeah nm im thinking of another game. My bad. I do remember when they modded the maps larger in Simcity 5 though it was killing gpus too heh.

oh wait didn't they turn off cheetah speed

because it was killing the servers to have everyone run their city on 3x speed?

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Wonder how expensive

I only followed the honey thing because of botulism or whatever. But I was pretty lax on the other stuff. In small itty bitty quantities that is.

Yeah we accidentally exposed ollie to various nuts through just being dumb. Like he was asking for some of my yogurt and I totally forgot it was one of those mix cup things with nuts and granola.

His weirdest allergy is to ranch/bbq, but supposedly that's a common one with babies/bowen.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    v9huo3a6uhsp.png
    https://itunes.apple.com/jp/album/jump-up-super-star-single/id1295624919
    Look Nintendo if you release this here I will buy it with actual money I know it seems like you are allergic to money but I will buy every game soundtrack or single you put out if you let me.

• Options
    I love the idea of a society where everyone goes to the nearest job then house when they're done with work.

"Hello.... M.. Martha honey, I am home from my job at the... water treatment plant? I hope whoever is living in yesterday house doesn't kill the kids!"

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Since the Weinstein thing broke, there has been a response in hashtag form from France in #BalanceTonPorc (Which I think would be "Dump your pig").

I shouldn't have googled that, though, because the loudest people talking about it are whining about how dare women be disrespectful to men.

and I'm like :|:|:|

This discussion has been closed.