Options

Penny Arcade October [chat] Spooktacular

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Adoption is such a shit show. It's especially a shit show if you want an infant.
    So many agencies bar us at the door because they want a statement of faith and apparently "hail satan" doesn't count

I joke because I don't have the capacity to go into a rant about all of the other bullshit. All this aside, I'm going into this with a lot of trepidation, whereas Chelle is full gung ho, so these bullshit gates and barriers are really getting to her especially.

You want to blow a baby into someone and raise it but you're also a heroin addict or a republican? No problem! Nobody even checks on you unless someone complains.

You want to adopt a baby? Well sit down because you're getting probed.

I'm

excited

to try to adopt as a queer couple

Oh Querry doesn't want to carry a smol human around inside her for nine months while it destroys her blood sugar and kicks her in the organs?

I am in a bad mood because I keep getting contractions that are increasing slightly in intensity but they are SO irregular I can't really track them and it's obviously not real labor sigh

No, Querry does want that, but has a probably infertile partner whose hypothetical part in this makes her want to cut herself, so she tries not to think about it.

/hugs

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    a
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    a
    just realized the kid I gave up for adoption turns 18 in april
    The Shark hunt begins...

man I hope he doesn't hate me
    You didn't name him "Sue", did you?

he got renamed upon adoption so I don't know what he ended up with

his birth mother named him adam

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    -
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    GOD HAS NO COMPREHENSIBLE FORM

How do you explain thicc god butt in Michelangelo frescos then

Checkmate, iconoclasts

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I remember PUBG defaulted to asian at one point and I didn't realize it and got sucked into an asian game

I think there was more americans there than asians.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    a
    The Shark hunt begins...

Want me to cut him off at the pass, introduce myself as his father?

Then introduce you and we all get to watch the wave of relief wash over his face!

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Adoption is such a shit show. It's especially a shit show if you want an infant.
    So many agencies bar us at the door because they want a statement of faith and apparently "hail satan" doesn't count

I joke because I don't have the capacity to go into a rant about all of the other bullshit. All this aside, I'm going into this with a lot of trepidation, whereas Chelle is full gung ho, so these bullshit gates and barriers are really getting to her especially.

You want to blow a baby into someone and raise it but you're also a heroin addict or a republican? No problem! Nobody even checks on you unless someone complains.

I'm

excited

Oh Querry doesn't want to carry a smol human around inside her for nine months while it destroys her blood sugar and kicks her in the organs?

I am in a bad mood because I keep getting contractions that are increasing slightly in intensity but they are SO irregular I can't really track them and it's obviously not real labor sigh

No, Querry does want that, but has a probably infertile partner whose hypothetical part in this makes her want to cut herself, so she tries not to think about it.

/hugs

Yeah, it's some shit. I have never cut, and never have had the urge in my life, except prospectively looking forward at that. Then there is, perhaps not obviously, shame at possibly being infertile, so like. Try not to be trans, if you can?

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

I'm

excited

Noooo. That sucks.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    I would have to have been 12 to have an 18 year old now, though ...

This requires further thought.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    people go to india for surrogacy services and the agencies want to increase the chances so they just impregnate a bunch of women in case it doesnt work or something happens, so they end up with extra infants

you can buy a baby over dinner for a few grand

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    I mean you’re not obligated to give a game a second look but I thought everyone agreed that hello games handled the fallout like rookies but that the real evil here was pressure from Sony to drop it early.

All I’m saying is that there is a corporation to blame here

I dunno why they lied about stuff in the marketing then. Almost certainly at least partially Sony's fault for pushing it out to market.
    They were literally officially cleared of false advertising charges.

https://www.polygon.com/2016/11/30/13791782/no-mans-sky-false-advertising-results

Yes and I found that to be disgusting and a blow against consumers because the guy straight up lied. Like, no wishy washy statements, he said things were in the game that were not in the game and still aren't in the game to my knowledge. It sucks that they didn't get dinged for that!
    I disagree.

Like, it's abundantly clear that what they released was not they wanted as the finished product, as evidenced by the constant and occasionally very substantial updates.

Even if we grant that the release lacked something significant that was promised instead of just not living up to expectations, saying they lied to build hype feels totally wrong. Like, it seems like a fundamental misunderstanding of Murray (the other, like, three people at Hello Games didn't really say much) as a person. This game was his pride and joy, something he'd been dreaming about making. He spoke multiple times about how much he dislikes hype, and it seemed clear to me that everything he said was due to his own enthusiasm and despite the hype it would create, rather than because of it.

I'm fine with people being disappointed in the game! I can see why they would have expected something else! But accusing Murray of being a ruthless profiteering liar while at the same time saying EA's release was just flawed feels really weird.
    bowen wrote: »
    Kamiro wrote: »
    They likely could've have worked out a "watch your sims!" system if it was limited to a few hundred people no problem ezpz, then modeled everything else virtually.

Didn't City Skylines implement exactly this? Like, I could follow a guy that went from the same home to his same job. And then eventually when he got too old, he would die. I think early on their were problems where a whole generation would just die off pretty much at the same time and the cemeteries couldn't handle the load.

Yup if your city was too healthy you'd have death waves.

This is the future liberals wants.

This is why we need guns and motorcycles with no helmet laws

not no "helmet laws"

but "no helmet laws"

ban helmets

organ donation is nice anyway

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    a
    The Shark hunt begins...

Then introduce you and we all get to watch the wave of relief wash over his face!

This is the plot to a dumb movie

Wait is this the plot to Big Daddy

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

so you're saying there's a chance

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    you're out of your element override

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    On a similar levels of suck note, I don't have any colorful pens here and don't want to grade with black.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1232200/

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I'd be fine with an older kid, personally. Chelle wants an infant that looks like her. She wants the infant experience but also doesn't know if she can handle the responsibility and duty of exposing a minority child to their own culture etc. It's something she doesn't want to fuck up. I can understand that.

I ain't judging the motherly instincts that I don't have.

I just want to dress a kid up like superheros and teach them bad habits tbh

• Options
    a
    The Shark hunt begins...

This is the plot to a dumb movie

Wait is this the plot to Big Daddy

It would not surprise me to find out that I had accidentally created the plot to a terrible-sounding movie in the course of fifteen seconds of thought while mindlessly browsing the internet :P

• Options
    They likely could've have worked out a "watch your sims!" system if it was limited to a few hundred people no problem ezpz, then modeled everything else virtually.

Didn't City Skylines implement exactly this? Like, I could follow a guy that went from the same home to his same job. And then eventually when he got too old, he would die. I think early on their were problems where a whole generation would just die off pretty much at the same time and the cemeteries couldn't handle the load.

That happened to me and it was hysterical. Whole residential skyscrapers just full of dead bodies and not enough people left alive to cart them off to the morgue. I consider it a mark in that game's favor. The simulation was genuine, they just overlooked the consequences of spawning in tons of people all exactly the same age.

I feel like this code could be reused without change for a Warhammer 40k hive world game

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I cannot overstate how much damage having a pregnant partner would likely do to me, on top of the not having sex for a while, which combine in gross ways because having sex is literally the only thing that keeps me feeling ok with my body.

It sucks.

You don't have to stop having sex when your partner is pregante

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    Surfpossum - Maybe people preordered based on the design claims of NMS during the late stages of development. They had already taken a leap of faith that the game would be good and paid money prior to reviews, but to also be missing key features probably felt like they were lied to.

I'm not sure claims made during development and failing to deliver constitute false advertisement, but if you have already shelled out cash and the product changed underneath you....
    That's my point, people feel like they were lied to because they were disappointed. Feeling like you've been lied to does not mean you have been lied to.

People let their disappointment turn Sean Murray into Satan, father of lies.

• Options
    I saw a kid the other day that was cute and it really made me feel emotional and.. this is probably what people feel like when they have a drive to have kids right?

Like, I felt kind of lonely the rest of the day after that too. Like part of my reptilian brain got triggered and I super don't want kids and they're fighting amongst themselves or some bullshit.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    people go to india for surrogacy services and the agencies want to increase the chances so they just impregnate a bunch of women in case it doesnt work or something happens, so they end up with extra infants

you can buy a baby over dinner for a few grand

I uh

Yikes

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    I think we should remove the general public's ability to put reviews on the internet, not make them more important.

Oh man yeah.

If I am looking at a game I may look at Metacritic and Steam. But just the base score and even then I still go watch gameplay vids to be sure because I have played some great games that got blasted by the mob.

No Man's Sky, Mass Effect Andromeda, and hell I even enjoyed that SimCity that got slammed.
    Well I'm pretty sure you're objectively wrong about SimCity.

That SimCity was pretty fun for a little while. But the flaws came out pretty fast.

Cities Skylines just bulldozed over Sim City 5.

It wasn't even fair.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    pregante sounds like some weird spaghetti sauce/salsa combo

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

That happened to me and it was hysterical. Whole residential skyscrapers just full of dead bodies and not enough people left alive to cart them off to the morgue. I consider it a mark in that game's favor. The simulation was genuine, they just overlooked the consequences of spawning in tons of people all exactly the same age.

yeah you need to manage growth or you have dramatic population swings. Build a SHITLOAD of residential all at once? OK yes now you have workers in your town and demand for commercial has gone up and you can expand but fast forward the game 60 yrs and whooooops talk about urban decay

• Options
    I'd be fine with an older kid, personally. Chelle wants an infant that looks like her. She wants the infant experience but also doesn't know if she can handle the responsibility and duty of exposing a minority child to their own culture etc. It's something she doesn't want to fuck up. I can understand that.

I ain't judging the motherly instincts that I don't have.

hey no judgment here

• Options
    On a similar levels of suck note, I don't have any colorful pens here and don't want to grade with black.

My teacher-ex was marking at home once and she realized the only pens we had around the house were black ... or purple.

I spent a lot of that evening teasing her as she marked in purple.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I saw a kid the other day that was cute and it really made me feel emotional and.. this is probably what people feel like when they have a drive to have kids right?

Like, I felt kind of lonely the rest of the day after that too. Like part of my reptilian brain got triggered and I super don't want kids and they're fighting amongst themselves or some bullshit.

Kids use a lot of toilet paper man. Lots of it, good quality stuff too.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    spool32 wrote: »
    I cannot overstate how much damage having a pregnant partner would likely do to me, on top of the not having sex for a while, which combine in gross ways because having sex is literally the only thing that keeps me feeling ok with my body.

It sucks.

You do afterwards for a bit, plus there is definitely a chance of hormones going wonky in that direction and Querry's sex drive is already like 2/10. It is a significant risk, and would absolutely do extremely damaging things to me with consequences I don't think I can really predict.

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    maybe it was just the phrase "dumb movie" but I really wish that Justin Timberlake movie with the clocks in people's arms was better.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    I think we should remove the general public's ability to put reviews on the internet, not make them more important.

Oh man yeah.

If I am looking at a game I may look at Metacritic and Steam. But just the base score and even then I still go watch gameplay vids to be sure because I have played some great games that got blasted by the mob.

No Man's Sky, Mass Effect Andromeda, and hell I even enjoyed that SimCity that got slammed.
    Well I'm pretty sure you're objectively wrong about SimCity.

That SimCity was pretty fun for a little while. But the flaws came out pretty fast.

Cities Skylines just bulldozed over Sim City 5.

It wasn't even fair.

Cities Skylines does seem to be pretty awesome from the little bits I've played.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    pregante is gregnat

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    pregante is like super pregnant

like pregnant and grande

• Options

My teacher-ex was marking at home once and she realized the only pens we had around the house were black ... or purple.

I spent a lot of that evening teasing her as she marked in purple.

THIS IS SO TRAGIC IT'S WHY I'M ONLINE AT ALL I SHOULD JUST GO BUY ONE

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »

Kids use a lot of toilet paper man. Lots of it, good quality stuff too.

My human brain is winning that argument over the lizard brain, no worries.

• Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    maybe it was just the phrase "dumb movie" but I really wish that Justin Timberlake movie with the clocks in people's arms was better.

It will be remembered for having the worst poker scene ever, among some stiff competition.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    The onion has breaking news for all you child havers

• Options
    spool32 wrote: »

It sucks.

sure but there's a lot of variance here and it's more likely to negatively impact sex life than not. porp pretty much never felt well enough for sex during most of the pregnancy.

also post birth if there's stitches you have to wait and even if there's not you have the whole sleep deprivation and learning the ropes of a new bab that kinda gets in the way for a while.

• Options

My nephew was slouching at dinner the other night, to the extent that he could lay back and put his feet up on the table. As I was telling him to get his feet off the table and to sit up straight, I looked at my mom and said "Oh my god ... he's never, ever going to appreciate the irony of Uncle Brad teaching him table manners."

This discussion has been closed.