As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch] #12: OWL Stage 3 Returns, Retribution Soon

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    Aw Arc got there first >.< and in English.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    And with the pun.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I really appreciated the pun.

Edit: which reminds me...

http://segbaesegue.tumblr.com/post/169800338706/sneak-attack

Chance on
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    It's not just staggering D.Va that can be a setback, if a fight finishes and you escape as baby D.Va, it can leave your team in a tough situation, because now to initiate the next fight they're missing a tank.

It doesn't even have to be a losing fight, you might capture point A but get desuited in the fight. The best possible strat is usually to suicide so you'll respawn at the new forward spawn in your suit and your team can make a push on B immediately.

When you can't do that, if your self-destruct ult charge isn't that high you can walk back into spawn, switch heroes, and then go back to d.va to get your suit back at the cost of a little ult charge.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Houston greatest team ever.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    When D.Va's mech gets killed she's usually on the front lines, so I think it's pretty rare that she'll be unable to kill herself quickly if that's what she wants. I feel like they should better incentivize her to try to escape though since intuitively your second life is supposed to be a perk. Maybe move a bit more of her mech charge out of her gun and into the passive regen.

Zek on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    When D.Va's mech gets killed she's usually on the front lines, so I think it's pretty rare that she'll be unable to kill herself quickly if that's what she wants. I feel like they should better incentivize her to try to escape though since intuitively your second life is supposed to be a perk. Maybe move a bit more of her mech charge out of her gun and into the passive regen.

The only way you're killing yourself on most maps is by throwing yourself in a pit, though, and in non-KOTH situations if you're where the fight is actually happening there won't be much of an option for that. It's not like you can just wander into a rocket because this entire discussion only applies at a level of play where the enemy team has tremendous trigger discipline and will shoot around you if they want to stagger you.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Re: the D.Va stall we were talkin' aboot before.

ono5l2w9bkd6.png

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular

The only way you're killing yourself on most maps is by throwing yourself in a pit, though, and in non-KOTH situations if you're where the fight is actually happening there won't be much of an option for that. It's not like you can just wander into a rocket because this entire discussion only applies at a level of play where the enemy team has tremendous trigger discipline and will shoot around you if they want to stagger you.

Yeah but I think the solution is the same, if they give her an incentive to escape (i.e. let her get back in her mech as her team returns) then pro players would likely just kill her. It's still possible they could really toy with her as she tries to escape so her death is staggered, but that applies to most heroes at that point.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

Yeah but I think the solution is the same, if they give her an incentive to escape (i.e. let her get back in her mech as her team returns) then pro players would likely just kill her. It's still possible they could really toy with her as she tries to escape so her death is staggered, but that applies to most heroes at that point.

The problem is with most heroes is that if you toy with them you risk them killing someone in a 1v1. Mini D.Va has the 1v1 capability of a support (at least, again, at said level where people can aim), who they'll also gleefully do this to if given the chance.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Not sure if yesterday's blog was posted, but it has a large amount of new legendary skins... which are awesome.
    New year, new gear!

We're expanding our core cosmetics collection to include over 100 new items—including skins, sprays, player icons, emotes, and more—for all 26 heroes. And, starting January 23, you’ll be able to earn these cosmetics in standard Loot Boxes as well as unlock them via the Hero Gallery all year round.

We've already announced a few of the items included in this update at BlizzCon 2017, but there's so much more to share! Leading up to the official release next week, we'll be unveiling new cosmetics each day for the next six days. Check out the galleries below to see what's already been revealed, and be sure to visit this page daily for a first look at some of the newest collectibles coming soon.

Which cosmetics are you looking forward to the most? Let us know in the comments below!

Keep your eye on this page for more reveals, and don’t forget to join us for the official launch of this update on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on January 23.
    A20XUE1P7MTI1516236576243.jpg
    WPADNZH5J3S81516152840299.jpg
    9Y6I8M9F9S2B1516152840425.jpg
    AIYUNANKBGD51516152840663.jpg
    UTNZVL1RJ0L51516152839628.jpg
    TBPXUWPXLBW21516152839631.jpg
    7LHE8E8IWU741516152839613.jpg
    Q9T4HZ142R311516152840195.jpg
    EQ8EY6W4DQ9L1516152840304.jpg

My most wanted are Reinhardt, Butcher, Sonya, and Nova.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Honestly since its a FPS what i look for in skins isn't their appearance, but how they change their weapons/actions/sayings. So as cool as these new skins look I'm more interested in what they change.

On top of some really good voice lines for ults and attacks what I'd hope is something like changes to how Widow's gun sounds and how Widow's mine, Zarya's bubble, Rein's shield, Orisa's sphere or bullets, Mei's ice block, Doomfists's weapon effects all look.

Especially since it's getting harder and harder to get specific skins with each new addition of BS sprays and icons.

McMoogle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    Okay, so holy shit. Those skins.

I really want that Roadhog skin as well as that Zarya skin. Just give me all of those.

Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    "New" as in "Revealed at Blizzardcon three months ago but still not released."

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Mei, Widow and Zarya for me. And I don't even play Widow.

Edit: I disike that Pharah skin, tbh.

Chance on
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    god pro players are just scared of Pine at this point

If they get into a 1v1 with him they just turn and run

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Kana wrote: »
    god pro players are just scared of Pine at this point

If they get into a 1v1 with him they just turn and run

So would I.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I know there's been previous skins which alter a character's look radically in the game but wow, there's nothing left of Widow in that Blizzard World skin.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Those skins mostly look good, but I wish they'd made them look like homemade cosplay outfits.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Owenashi wrote: »
    I know there's been previous skins which alter a character's look radically in the game but wow, there's nothing left of Widow in that Blizzard World skin.

I can't tell but I don't think her silhouette won't change that much which is what I think they primary focus on keeping consistent.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Hmm, I don't exactly love the Pharah skin, but I guess I want it anyway.

But what I really want is that Orisa skin. I also want that as an action figure.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Sooo, how do you get League Tokens, apart from buying them?

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »

Having somebody else buy them for you?
    There is a bonus 100 from signing up for some newsletter thing but that's it for free ones that I know about.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I kind of want them to add a "random skin" feature for matches.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    soylenth wrote: »

I'd be down for this if it let you remove skins from the pool. That's why I don't use the 'Random' option for highlight intros, to avoid getting the basic one.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    soylenth wrote: »

We've been asking for that since 1.0

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular

There is a bonus 100 from signing up for some newsletter thing but that's it for free ones that I know about.

Seriously?

You don't even get any for watching the matches while signed in?

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    As far as I can tell, it's just sports merch for the new esport.

• Options

Seriously?

You don't even get any for watching the matches while signed in?

Players get a cut of the sales (iirc), it's meant to be a more direct way to support them.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I'm sure they'll likely have giveaways from time to time to promote whatever. Or just shove the colors into the loot pool at the end of every season to make new ones and start the process over.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I need that Sombra emote even though I barely play her.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

I wonder if there are different puppet models depending on team comps.

• Options

I wonder if there are different puppet models depending on team comps.

Doubtful - just the animation would be a pretty tall order (pupper Reaper crosses his shotguns).

• Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Small thought: as a hockey fan, it's a bit weird to see some OWL players wear the number 99 on their jersey. I know it's a different game and a different environment, but still, that number is special.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    Re: the D.Va stall we were talkin' aboot before.

ono5l2w9bkd6.png
    Y'know what the answer is?

Incentivize trying to kill Gremlin D.Va. If you don't do it soon enough, she not only gets to deploy back into her mech, but maybe give her a passive called "Game Over, Continue?" Maybe it can be an instant detonation of her ult, or a buff to her mech's damage for x amount of time, etc.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    So I had a teammate who was openly throwing and admitted that he was smurfing. However, he claimed (and I believe him) that although he had 2 accounts banned before, he can just keep buying new accounts and it doesn't matter because Blizzard doesn't IP ban.

Is this true? Because it's super awful if that's true.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    sanstodo wrote: »
    So I had a teammate who was openly throwing and admitted that he was smurfing. However, he claimed (and I believe him) that although he had 2 accounts banned before, he can just keep buying new accounts and it doesn't matter because Blizzard doesn't IP ban.

Is this true? Because it's super awful if that's true.
    Blizzard does IP ban. If they're using a three strike system he's about to get rekt. But it could also be that he's one of those super huge nerds who goes through the trouble of using proxies.

In which case, damn, that motherfucker needs some therapy fast.