As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Meownster Hunt[chat]

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    altpost: *sweating intensifies*

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I wonder if veganism will be culturally dominant (at least in the socially progressive sector) in a few decades- like how we look at Texas executing the mentally ill or whatever

• Options
    SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    So I was going through all the documents from the Fallout 3 DLC's, and man, I didnt know you could make a pre-apocalyptic society look worse than the post-one. I mean, they covered most of the bare-bones stuff in Fallout 2, and a few deleted documents in Fallout 1, but 3 is just fucking DARK if you know where to look. I've played all the New Vegas stuff but it just builds on what I already knew by this point.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    I wonder if veganism will be culturally dominant (at least in the socially progressive sector) in a few decades- like how we look at Texas executing the mentally ill or whatever

does the weather forecast include a chance of lab-grown meat

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular

They're working on growing meat and such at the moment. If that gets popular will it be considered vegan meat? If yes, maybe. If not, doubt it.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    VishNub wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Hath not the lobster claws, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions; warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer as humans? If we boil it, does it not feel?

A lobster hath delicious meat. Here endeth the tale.

shryke on
  • Options
    and is lab-grown meat still vegan if it is animal derived a dozen cell lines ago

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    vegetarianism is far more likely to take hold

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    kedinik wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Durance is one of my all-time favorite RPG companions
    *sweats desperately*

sometimes his writing gets a bit "the goddess is a WHORE CUNT covered in FART SHIT" but I find his story really fascinating and I do love the constant interjections from the rest of the party about how much they sincerely hate him

hmm, maybe I should circle back and try the new content once I have more free time

I'm in the middle of it right now. It's good! I like the new companions and the story manages the pretty neat trick of being self-contained (but still relevant to the main game) and pretty rich with story. It's not just a dungeon with a nominal story pasted on.

• Options
    Aioua wrote: »

Over lab meat? I honestly doubt it, because frankly, vegetables suck, vegan substitues suck, the whole thing is an excersize in futility. I honestly see humans resorting to cannibalism that an all-vegetable diet.

• Options
    ronya wrote: »
    and is lab-grown meat still vegan if it is animal derived a dozen cell lines ago

my understanding is that lab-grown meats are generally created by, idk, fueling cell growth and reproduction with lots of liquefied meat?

which doesn't sound like the veganest process I've ever heard

• Options
    vegetables don't suck

jesus what sort of shit do i walk into in this thread sometimes

• Options
    Sadgasm wrote: »

Over lab meat? I honestly doubt it, because frankly, vegetables suck, vegan substitues suck, the whole thing is an excersize in futility. I honestly see humans resorting to cannibalism that an all-vegetable diet.

no, over veganism

mostly because it's way easier

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    *eats cabbage*

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

my understanding is that lab-grown meats are generally created by, idk, fueling cell growth and reproduction with lots of liquefied meat?

which is why I don't think that veganism will ever be the mainstream

it's an overly idealistic viewpoint

if we can create stuff that tastes and cooks like meat and isn't coming directly from an animal that was raised from birth specifically to be killed for food, I consider that a net positive

whatever lab-grown meat counts as, I think, will be the long-term winning diet

• Options
    vegetables don't suck

jesus what sort of shit do i walk into in this thread sometimes

Okay, maybe "suck" is the wrong word. It's more like "vastly inferior to meat yet somehow the meal isnt quite complete without them". They're a perennial side dish.

• Options
    also like, considering we already have widespread cultures that are majority vegetarian

proof of concept checks out

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Millions, probably billions of people eat vegetarian diets

It's not some remote minority or anything

• Options
    sadgasm are you sure you're not an american?

• Options
    edited January 2018
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-20354669
    "The strongest argument that meat is not essential food is the fact that the Creator of this Universe did not include meat in the original diet for Adam and Eve. He gave them fruits, nuts and vegetables," reads a chapter entitled Do We Need Flesh Food?

The chapter details the "benefits" of a vegetarian diet and goes on to list "some of the characteristics" found among non-vegetarians.

"They easily cheat, tell lies, forget promises, they are dishonest and tell bad words, steal, fight and turn to violence and commit sex crimes," it says.

The chapter, full of factual inaccuracies, refers to Eskimos (Inuit) as "lazy, sluggish and short-lived", because they live on "a diet largely of meat".

It adds: "The Arabs who helped in constructing the Suez Canal lived on wheat and dates and were superior to the beef-fed Englishmen engaged in the same work.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Millions, probably billions of people eat vegetarian diets

It's not some remote minority or anything

Yeah but it's not cause they WANT to

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    YEah. I'm like carnivoriest thing, but I would be fine vegetarian. Vegan would suck, though.

• Options
    vegetables taste good and I like to eat them

• Options
    vegetables taste good and I like to eat them

the hottest takes.

• Options
    YEah. I'm like carnivoriest thing, but I would be fine vegetarian. Vegan would suck, though.

I could survive as a vegan under like, famine conditios like any other person but its not something I'd go looking for

• Options
    vegetables taste great lightly sauteed in tallow

take that

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    what do you lose between the two

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I love meat, particularly bbq and fresh fish, but can and do curtail it when need be

but I will literally murder a human being before I give up cheese

probably the human being trying to take my cheese away

• Options
    mushrooms, probably

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Variable wrote: »
    what do you lose between the two

butter, cheese, cream (so alfredo, omg), eggs, honey, some others

• Options
    edited January 2018
    you know how it is with those vegans/vegetarians though

always shoving it in everyone's face

:tell_me_more:

Aioua on
  • Options
    mushrooms, probably

I am going to stir-fry and devour, like, a pound of mushrooms tomorrow

I've been looking forward to it -_-

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I'm happy to report I'm still alive and have successfully survived Day 1 of my new job

• Options
    FUCK mushrooms are delicious

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »

which is why I don't think that veganism will ever be the mainstream

it's an overly idealistic viewpoint

if we can create stuff that tastes and cooks like meat and isn't coming directly from an animal that was raised from birth specifically to be killed for food, I consider that a net positive

whatever lab-grown meat counts as, I think, will be the long-term winning diet

When it comes to the problems with eating meat, the fact that it involves killing an animal is like the least of the issues by miles.

• Options
    Sadgasm wrote: »

I could survive as a vegan under like, famine conditios like any other person but its not something I'd go looking for

Sure. And I'll continue to eat meat, probably until economics force me to stop.

But, I could certainly envision a diet which had no chunks of flesh that was entirely acceptable to me.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    I'm happy to report I'm still alive and have successfully survived Day 1 of my new job

FUCK YESSSSSSSS

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    FUCK mushrooms are delicious

there's a Safeway next to my jorb and I bought mushrooms today

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

How is it? How are coworkers? How is location?

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

what is the new gig (if you have said in chat, no need to reply if not)

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
This discussion has been closed.