As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hitman]

• Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    Nyysjan wrote: »
    Can just buy GOTY upgrade if you have steam.
    Where? Can you give me a link? I've tried to find it, and can see it in lists, but if I click on them I just get sent to bundles that include all the season pass stuff I've already bought.

Just go to the hitman storepage and check dlc's.
    there's outfit bundle and bonus campaign and that's it

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    So is this right? Because clicking on either of these just sends me to the other:
    9c4qrubv5nap.png
    vetcj8owownv.png
    I can't seem to find an option to just pay £7.19 for the bonus campaign.
    Having paid full price for everything else, I feel the word 'bonus' is being stretched here.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    That looks like the right price

• Options
    So I have to buy the outfits that cost more than the mission?

• Options
    Seems so.
    Personally didn't mind, the outfits themselves are not really all that, but the weapons and escalations to unlock them were fun.
    Especially the clown one, i just kept running around dressed as clown and knocking people out with the new bat, repeatedly, i think i knocked out one of the guards in 2nd floor for 4 times.
    And the new handgun, while not useful in itself, is pretty fun to shoot multiple guards in one shot with or see people blown out of their feet with it.
    Sniper did not really offer that much, but it's nice to have i guess, along with half a dozen other snipers.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    IO suggest going through the in game store, but I've not done that yet to verify

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    So I have to buy the outfits that cost more than the mission?

All of the announcements/marketing describe the goty content as one package that includes the campaign and the new outfits/weapons/associated missions.

They never said you could purchase them separately and I’m not even sure why they’re listed separately on steam at all.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    I saw an interview with some IO guy where he implied they made a bunch of mistakes with the way they handled Season 1. Not sure if that means they think the episodic model was bad, or if they just feel they handled it poorly changing it at the last minute before release.

I loved the episodic model, so I hope it stays.

Personally I think there were a lot of issues, though the episodic release wasn't the most of them.

Likewise, it's a good thing they're bringing back the Elusive Targets (frankly, not doing so would be stupid and incredibly wasteful)--but they should come with some sort of time penalty, perhaps, like a cool down, and not permanently locked, which is just punitive to people who make a mistake or don't, and want to try them again. I hope I'm wrong about them being so rigid about it.

If the Elusive targets in the GotY edition are one-shots and that's it, that's pretty much a dealbreaker for me. It would just be such a horrendously dumb idea to do something like that for a video game where repeating missions is one of the big design focuses.

That seems to be the case.

As someone who recalls a major attraction of Hitman being "Doing the same thing, many times, different ways," and the games' perfectionist roots, it's really stupid.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Pretty much. I think the idea of more limited contracts to create suspense and encourage improv is good in theory but I feel like it should be like, one elusive attempt every few days.

Which would even let you be stricter in terms of no re-starts at all because players could attempt things again if something went horribly wrong.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Not to mention that there are things in some Elusive Contracts that are otherwise not available at all in the normal game.

Like the Sapienza elusive target that actually utilized that huge law office building and all the accidents within. Or the one that added an outdoor dinner party to Paris.

Plus the one where they actually got Gary Busey and Gary Cole to appear as themselves with tons of dialogue that you probably wouldn't be able to hear all of in a single playthrough.

• Options
    Yeah, the fact that they a already paid for that content--and now they're going to close it off permanently after one playthrough. That the best way to enjoy elusive targets is probably watching a Let's Play. Unless Cole and Busey's contracts actually require limited use.

At this point, I honestly hope someone hacks the games' offline Steam mode to create a "Elusive Target" mode.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Yeah, everyone likes to complain about the episodic content but honestly what killed the game for me was going back and realizing all the stuff I'd missed in a single player game for daring to not play it on their schedule.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Just got the Steelbook Complete edition for PS4 new for $30 at Gamestop, which I quickly learned isn't complete and there's a $20 GOTY "upgrade" with missions and costumes.

But Im still happy with my purchase, did the first two missions which were really fun. Colorado I couldn't figure out what to do, seemed much harder. Having tried all of them though, Paris seems to be my fav next to the one in the Japanese resort hospital.

I did the first Elusive Target, The Forger,
    which seemed super easy. I just started as a crew tech, ran to art room and silencer sniped him and his bodyguard. I found out later there's rewards for Silent Assassin, so missed opportunity I guess. I like the 'one chance' gimmick but agree that they should be made available to replay. So far I'm loving Hitman

Zavian on
  • Options
    Exactly what's in the Patient Zero DLC? I got the impression it was just one mission, like the Landslide and Icon missions. Which made the asking price seem a bit steep.
    Now I'm seeing something calling it actual story content? Is it more than that?

• Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    There are 4 missions, all in pre-existing but rejiggered maps, with a story completely separate from Season 1's. They seem to set up another hook for Season 2.

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    I think the elusive contracts were a nice proof of concept, but I'd like to see them change in a number of ways.

I can think of a few ways to spice them up. For one, instead of being one and done missions with no replayability, restrict them in other ways, like a very constrained time table.

Better yet, just have a list of elusive targets and have them randomly show up when you're doing other missions. Make them an extra hidden target you can get if you can notice the difference in the maps. Now it means most would only show up on certain maps, but they could make more where it's 'hangs out in cafes' or 'works in security' which opens that target to show up on most maps.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    Quiotu wrote: »
    I think the elusive contracts were a nice proof of concept, but I'd like to see them change in a number of ways.

I can think of a few ways to spice them up. For one, instead of being one and done missions with no replayability, restrict them in other ways, like a very constrained time table.

Better yet, just have a list of elusive targets and have them randomly show up when you're doing other missions. Make them an extra hidden target you can get if you can notice the difference in the maps. Now it means most would only show up on certain maps, but they could make more where it's 'hangs out in cafes' or 'works in security' which opens that target to show up on most maps.

These sound like great ideas, though I can see how they might get in the way of the whole "No saving in elusive target missions," since fuck not being able to save in the base game.

But there are ways around that too--maybe only make them accessible in non-saving difficulty modes (though that would be limiting in its own right).

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    I said it before but they just need to make all the elusives connected in an all of nothing way. As in you can reset and try again, but that resets all of the elusive targets.

So you still get the tension of no save, one try only. And that will grow as you get farther along the list.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I got all the ET suits, so I would only be doing the missed ETs for the fun of it.

Can't wait to see how I botch it.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I just got the Winter Suit off this one, all the others are just gravy.

• Options
    Failed ETs can't be re-attempted when they come up again, right?
    I've got one I missed, and one I botched completely (he refused to drink from the glass I poisoned until I lost my temper and emptied a full clip into his face. Shockingly, I didn't get out of there alive).

• Options
    Yup. Only ET's you missed are eligible for this redo GOTY stuff. If you messed it up and failed, you failed.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Yup. Only ET's you missed are eligible for this redo GOTY stuff. If you messed it up and failed, you failed.

Aww, that's a bummer.

I have just one failed target It was a braindead Paris contract that was absolutely flawless and simple to do. Just use a screwdriver on an electrical plug that's sitting in a puddle, and then simply wait.

Just make sure you're not standing in the puddle when you're shorting it out.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    I think I tried that, then gave up and just shot the guy in the head with a pistol from the balcony.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    Man every time I watch a gb stream of hitman I'm reminded that I should totally play hitman sometime.

• Options

Aww, that's a bummer.

I have just one failed target It was a braindead Paris contract that was absolutely flawless and simple to do. Just use a screwdriver on an electrical plug that's sitting in a puddle, and then simply wait.

Just make sure you're not standing in the puddle when you're shorting it out.
    Handy tip: you can also shoot a plug to short it out.
    I've found it handy when screwdrivers have been tough to find.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Playing patient zero reminds me how great Hitman is. I haven't played it much what with all the great releases this year but I'm glad that they have given me an excuse to dive into it again.

Edit: Final mission in Patient Zero
    Holy hell does that spin out of control. Colorado was a nice change up but short. Then infected targets in the final mission makes things go quickly bananas. 113 targets later...

Genji-Gloves on
  • Options
    SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    Yeah (Patient Zero final mission)…
    Nothing makes you feel like a shitty assassin quite like having to kill 91 people instead of 2.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    how unexpected but cool

• Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    So Hitman 2 is out. Early access began for Silver and Gold. Grabbed Gold as I held off on a few games late this year.

Yeah, I'm thinking Hitman's back. This is pretty obviously Season 2 rebranded to a sequel, with a lot of incremental tweaks to improve gameplay as well as introduce the new maps, but damn it feels good to be Agent 47 again. The little QOL improvements feel nice, too.

Definitely recommended if you liked Hitman 1. The only annoyance is that, while you get all the Hitman 1 maps (with added tweaks like reflective mirrors and long grass providing cover) if you own Hitman 1 already, your progress is reset and you'll need to play them again if you want all the toys.

Suriko on
  • Options
    Suriko wrote: »
    So Hitman 2 is out. Early access began for Silver and Gold. Grabbed Gold as I held off on a few games late this year.

Yeah, I'm thinking Hitman's back. This is pretty obviously Season 2 rebranded to a sequel, with a lot of incremental tweaks to improve gameplay as well as introduce the new maps, but damn it feels good to be Agent 47 again. The little QOL improvements feel nice, too.

Definitely recommended if you liked Hitman 1. The only annoyance is that, while you get all the Hitman 1 maps (with added tweaks like reflective mirrors and long grass providing cover) if you own Hitman 1 already, your progress is reset and you'll need to play them again if you want all the toys.

You say that like it's a bad thing. :D

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Playing a bit of the new one, and interestingly they now have 3 different difficulty levels. Casual, Professional, and Master, but the game only seems to explain what Professional is (most likely because it's the default/"way it was meant to be played")

edit: Also the new UI having these XP popups when you stealth kill or unlock doors, along with the first tutorial level being set in a swanky modern house you have to break into and then break out of, really gives me a Hitman Absolution vibe off the bat. The rest of the game isn't like that, but still.

There's no weird hat system/disguise meter, or fire trails telling you where enemies will walk.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    I did not pay extra 30 euros to get the game early, but i am still quite exited for the game.
    And come tuesday/wednesday (depending, timezones suck), i will be playing new hitman from start to finish, starting from the old hitman levels.
    I can't wait, except i can, because fuck paying extra for early release.

• Options
    I'm also tempted to play through the Season 1 levels again just to unlock all the toys and goodies I became so attached to from Season 1, but also....I played a shitton of Season 1. I don't know if I'm up for doing all of that again.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited November 2018
    I'll unlock them, eventually, but personally i'm just planning to do one full run through the levels.

Nyysjan on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    What's the level of involvement with unlocking the old stuff? I played the hell out of the first game and did and unlocked everything. I really don't know if I'd want to do that again. All those challenges requiring multiple runs. It'd be nice if I could just replay the level once and get everything.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Dunno what it will be, but with some care, and saving, getting full unlocks rarely took that long once you had played the map and knew where stuff was in the previous hitman.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    You're literally starting from scratch. Albeit with some changes in the unlocks available. (eg you can get Napolean Blownaparte from non-hard mode paris, I can't find the electric lock decoder etc)

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO