As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Ocean: Anamnesis] Global Release. Nier Event. 2B (again), 9S, A2.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Random thought:
    What happens to Anne if you have her in a party with Meracle? :D

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Awwwwwwwwww. Free Gems from Multiplayer end after the 100th time with someone new. That's sad. :(

In other news, I think I might start blocking people who: a) don't rush or b) hold their rushes for later in the chain as a Healer or Defender. Those that have super-fast Rush gain that activate it for buffs are perfectly fine and dandy though.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Also, I feel like Nel isn't getting the love she deserves. I am very much gonna make mine my 2nd priority after Maria unless I get some new awesome character. Tranquil Footsteps - AP Consumption -15% (All Allies) is great. It's another attack in a cancel chain.

In other news, this is also showing me people in general are bad at video games. Did the Crystal Guardian for a try and at the very first attempt you can tell he's a 'must do crit damage to' type of boss. So yeah, space out Maria and other Rushes to keep Crit buffs on everyone right? What do people do? Do rush chains with no crit buffs on for literally zero damage.

There aren't enough facepalm gifs in the world.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Also, I feel like Nel isn't getting the love she deserves. I am very much gonna make mine my 2nd priority after Maria unless I get some new awesome character. Tranquil Footsteps - AP Consumption -15% (All Allies) is great. It's another attack in a cancel chain.

In other news, this is also showing me people in general are bad at video games. Did the Crystal Guardian for a try and at the very first attempt you can tell he's a 'must do crit damage to' type of boss. So yeah, space out Maria and other Rushes to keep Crit buffs on everyone right? What do people do? Do rush chains with no crit buffs on for literally zero damage.

Yeah people are.....not smart when it comes to multi.

God forbid you have someone auto’ing when not on a healer

• Options

Yeah people are.....not smart when it comes to multi.

God forbid you have someone auto’ing when not on a healer

I gave up doing that mission today. It was interesting but it's taking 4x as much as it needs to because of... people.

At least in a couple runs I got to share my pain with someone else that knew what to do and was also communicating displeasure in Stamps. I wish I could PM them after the battles in solidarity of facepalms.

Especially when people can't get the point in <DON'T RUSH YET> <GOING IN ALONE> <DON'T RUSH YET> <GOING IN ALONE> and yet hit Rush to combo after you unbuffed for zero damage when you're just doing to for the Crit buff. So many <YIKES> emotes spammed from people who are witnessing this happening and aren't retarded.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I'll admit, I don't really get combat yet. The game as a whole doesn't make much sense to me.

• Options
    I just get tilted when Victors and Mikis don't open Rushes and wait until 3rd or later.

Holy shit guys, you aren't the DPS. Use your Rushes first so the higher multiplier goes to someone else.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I just Rush as often as possible with Maria, honestly

Usually I can Rush during the Crit boost from the previous Rush

• Options
    Wow. Actually found the white whale. Randomed into a Crystal Elim party, I was the sole Maria. And...they understood what I was doing when I opened Rush at the start of the boss wave, spammed Don't Rush, and then right after started a separate Rush chain.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Oof, that MoT Floor 15 is no joke. Banged my head into that wall a number of times, flubbing the execution when it was sometimes down to 1v1, before just grabbing a LB10 Faize and having him fucking murder everything in 20 seconds.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Frost Guardian in it's current form is dumb. The Coin drop % is way too low to even bother with the event. Which also makes it harder to get a group because no one's doing it because of the above.

Sorry Faize, not upgrading your weapon till later. I'm not putting up with this bullshit.

• Options
    Pulled a Lymle with today's freebie 'kay. Not sure how I feel about this 'kay. At least I have a symbology user 'kay. I kinda hate her though 'kay.

• Options
    Got frustrated with every multi mission being all Maria all the time, so I leveled and augmented most of my other 5*s

Faize, Myuria, and Victor all at 70 now

Still need 15 more Frost Coins to max out Faize's sword, also playing him made me not realize other symbologists have cast times when I switched to Myuria, and Victor isn't by any means amazing but his party immunity to stagger can by itself turn guaranteed KOs into attacks you can just walk out of

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Still need 15 more Frost Coins to max out Faize's sword

How long did that take you? I kinda decided it wasn't worth it when the coins seem to be dropping at maybe 5-10%.

• Options
    It's taking a long time, I'm trying to get a few runs in every day though.

You "only" need 25 coins total to max out his sword, since you start with one free copy.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    New Star Ocean 1 Event on the 24th. Single battle vs a boss who so happens to be a Machine that's weak to Lightning, and can inflict Paralysis. If you have a Myuria with the rod from the Gerel event you're in a very good place for it.

Rewards include daggers for Nel with the Lighting element, Ice daggers for Clair, one-handed sword for Roddick, and a bow for Reimi.

New Characters in the Gatcha:
    5* Roddick (Attacker) - One Handed Sword
    5* Millie (Healer) - Staff
    5* Claire (Sharpshooter/Non-Ace) - Daggers
    5* Reimi (Sharpshooter) - Bow

Roddick buffs casters and stun rate. Mille is straight up better than Miki. Clair has anti-flinch and a huge post-rush damage buff (+80%). Remi has status resistance and her Rush gives AoE Health Regen meaning she can replace a healer in a lot of situations with her strong Rush gain.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    Slowly chewing away at the shops. Got all the tickets now from Gerels. I think Barrier Blaster next, then accessories?

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    I've actually been doing some Frost Coin the last couple days. Was working on Faize's weapon but grabbed one of Lymle's. Double Rush damage is.... pretty good.

• Options
    Theoretically I could work towards grabbing the knuckles from Crystal...

...but Drill Spike is a shit move and I ain't wasting time with that.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    tfw you missed that the Crystal shop had a LB and you bought a ticket first and now need to grind out another 25-30 runs =/

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Theoretically I could work towards grabbing the knuckles from Crystal...

...but Drill Spike is a shit move and I ain't wasting time with that.

They can also be used as transmute fodder.

• Options
    Whoever thought up the Frost Tree coin drop rate should be fired.

I had enough of this shit from granblue.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Whoever thought up the Frost Tree coin drop rate should be fired.

I had enough of this shit from granblue.

No its fine we just need infinity .

In other news I pulled on this banner mostly to get the tablet Ace ticket.

Two Claire’s and a Stunboy(who’s niche but pretty damn future proof),

That’ll do.

Transporter on
  • Options
    Ended up getting Claire and Roddick off a couple ten draws

• Options
    First roll got me nothing but old 4*s, but the status immunity ones are at least useful.

Second roll got me Roddick. I'll take it.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I did one pull and got Millie and Clair.

• Options
    Augmented Claire to 6* 70 already because she's basically a Victor that also boosts damage

• Options
    Time to spend some tickets and so on...

4-5* Ticket: Milla LB2, Ted LB1, Amina LB1
    5* Ticket: Faize LB1, Lymle
    5* Ace Ticket: Maria LB6, Myuria LB1 ...and on that note I'm saving my remaining two.

Event Draws:
    Roll 1: Amina LB2, Stephen, Milla LB3, Hana, Tynave LB1
    Roll 2: Amina LB3, Tynave LB2, Farleen, Gunter, Eleyna LB1
    Roll 3: Raffine LB1, Clair, Farleen LB1, Shimada

I just want Reimi...

Roll 4: Welch LB2, Farleen LB2
    Roll 5: Welch LB3, Hana LB1, Shimada LB1, Tynave LB3, Farleen LB3, Tyvnave LB4

Yeah, that's enough =/

Gacha is bad civilization

(using this game as a bad luck sink away from F/GO and Granblue continues to be the best option)

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Did one more pull which was trash, then spent one of my 5* tickets (Ronyx MEH), and one of my Ace tickets (LB6 Maria).

Gonna spend my upcoming LBs on Roddick now till he's at least 5 then decide from there.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Damnit, I'm back to doing some final tree for a few more coins because I really need that AP Seed for my boy blue.
    Edit: And done, back to Jie.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Read this as Star Cream, Amnesia, and was momentarily interested

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Holy FUCK

Claire's attack animations are TEEEEEERRIBLE

• Options
    So. Roddick is... pretty good.

• Options
    I'm enjoying using him during this event more than I expected

He can spam skills like wild after his Rush

• Options
    Hi Maddoc!

• Options
    Sweet. I transmuted my 4* weapons into a Wind Elemental Storm Bolt Gun. That's gonna be useful.

• Options
    I just saw @vagrant_winds 's Roddick do 860k at the end of a quad Rush.

What the fuuuuuuck...

Also I'm actually starting to really like Clair, unexpectedly.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Giving this game a try, since I find myself spending less time on other mobiles lately. Plan is to try it out, see if it's worth sticking with it, and then bide my time until stuff from SO2 start showing up. Picked Maria to start and got Reimi/Clair from a 10 roll, so that seems like a reasonable (if unbalanced) start.

Already added some people from here. Ingame name is 'Nix' and my ID is 6J2NW5SFB4.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    @AshtonDragon Support Medals are capped at 750 a day. Actually playing multiplayer with mutual friends gives rewards.

Maria and Reimi fill the same niche in a party but Maria buffs damage while Reimi helps keep people alive and can replace a healer in a good group. Clair on the other hand has Defender passives for the team, bringing anti-flinch. She's basically a ranged Defender.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    Apparently they change the dagger attack animations later, and I don't know if I can bring myself to use Claire until they do that