Options

[Marvel]Thread:From Miniscule Arthropods, Murderous Tex-Mex lovers, and Marvelous Captains

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    http://www.comicosity.com/preview-fantastic-four-2/

I dunno, I didn't think the character looked Native American coded on first look.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    he literally looks like a red na'vi

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    yeah the coding is...obscenely blatant

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Besides the coding, that writing is....

we're supposed to think the constant referential nature is charming? I guess?

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Brainstorm is a pretty good superhero name, at least. Is that new?

Powerhouse is... not

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    http://www.comicosity.com/preview-fantastic-four-2/

I dunno, I didn't think the character looked Native American coded on first look.

I literally dont understand how thats possible

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Did val get aged?

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Val and Franklin both got aged a good amount, yeah

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Val and Franklin both got aged a good amount, yeah

I dont think I care for this

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I prefer it to their being eternally 5-7

They're what, like, 12-13 now?

Good, they're still kids but it shows they are an active part of the universe and also can show up in books like Champions more easily now because they aren't in Elementary School

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I think Val's last confirmed age was four? Franklin seemed like he was hovering around 10 to me.

Based on those pages now, I'd put Val around 13-14, and Franklin 16-17.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Val being 4 was the dumbest thing in the world

Have you seen a 4 year old? They are just barely out of the toddler stages. My nephew is almost four and that little bastard can barely run around without going into a wall.

But comic artists consistently drew her like she was around 10-12 and because shes a mega genius she talks like an adult except for the occasional reminder that shes a kid like having a bedtime

wzfumkctlru0.jpg

That ain't a goddamn 4 year old! COMICS!!!!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    4x3 maybe! Like you said.

• Options
    It definitely depended a lot on the artist. Like this issue of Loki she showed up in around the same time she looks a lot younger.

tumblr_ndijuz6i511tmlbu2o1_r1_540.jpg

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    That is the most incredible level of detail in video game design I've ever heard of. Thank god for good voice actors AND voice directors.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I prefer it to their being eternally 5-7

They're what, like, 12-13 now?

Good, they're still kids but it shows they are an active part of the universe and also can show up in books like Champions more easily now because they aren't in Elementary School

I’m wondering what the timey-wimey answer will be for them aging up. Or are they gonna get back to the Marvel universe and everyone will suddenly be 6 years older?

In all seriousness, considering last time we saw Reed Richards he was pretty much a deity remaking the universe who knows what cosmic time was like for them.

Edit: though I’m very amused that Franklin was never allowed to get older due to Marvel time, and they finally just said fuck it and kicked him suddenly up 4-6 years.

never die on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    They've been hanging outside of time and space remaking the multiverse for who knows how long. I don't think they need to involve anything beyond that to explain it.

• Options
    Yeah, I bet they hardly even address it.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I mean the whole thing about their ages determining the age of the Marvel universe was mostly fanon anyways

• Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    You're a menace

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Not "Sweet Fishmas?"

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Not "Sweet Fishmas?"

That's Power Clam's line

• Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    What the hell is Fishmas?

• Options
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    I dropped that image into google's reverse image look-up and the best guess is "lou ferrigno hulk"

I don't know what to do with this information, and now, neither do you.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    DMAC wrote: »
    What the hell is Fishmas?

Another name for Lent.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular

Spoiler for an ability if you're the sort that don't even want to know that much before playing but the Japanese dub of the game has some fun with it.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »

Guessing you can't enter it but it'd be cool if you could.

DLC coming soon pls

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »

Guessing you can't enter it but it'd be cool if you could.

What's kind of nuts is that the buildings in the game aren't just textured boxes, there's individual rooms inside with furniture and stuff that you see through the windows. Even in buildings you can't enter you can see the rooms through the glass.

So, maybe there is stuff inside?

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Most likely they're flat stills, or at the very least, aren't built with collision in mind

But that's still an impressive amount of detail.

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Only 2-3 episodes in new Iron Fist yet, so haven't formed much of an opinion yet (studiously avoiding all the spoilers here).

Also catching up on my comics:

New Mutants: wow, that series took a cliffdive in the last issue. I was enjoying it so far, but the ending was so out of nowhere and basically anything I didn't want from this series.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Most likely they're flat stills, or at the very least, aren't built with collision in mind

Probably aren't built with collision in mind, but the rooms are full 3D.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I found a corner apartment where the room angle was the same through windows at 90 angles to each other, so I think they have a small number of modeled rooms and each window is a viewing portal into them

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    A portal to the room demension

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »

Probably aren't built with collision in mind, but the rooms are full 3D.

They appear that way, but aren't really

I can't find it but someone posted a video of someone moving across the corner of a building, and the room is oriented the same way from both sides, leading to weird stuff like doors which are on the other side of windows

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

Cyclops fires punches from the punch dimension
    Cykeaclops fires fully-furnished rooms from the room dimension

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular

Tommy Wiseau is its chosen guardian.
    (O hai Mark.)

This discussion has been closed.