Options

[Chat] is its own thing!

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    I am now in Las Vegas

Next stop Raleigh Durham

raleigh durham is far cooler imo not even joking

Nice I've never been

I got off the plane in Vegas and I'm thinking to myself in a joking way "bet there's slot machines 🙄"

*gets into gate area*

"Oh"

raleigh is pretty sprawled out geographically so it's tough to say "go here" necessarily, depending on how long you're going to be there but you can find some rull good bbq in pretty much any area through the internets

if you're in the more collegy areas there are definitely good things to do in the evening type options if that's your bag

i mean, no celine dion residency or anything but

Right on. my brother lives in Durham so I'll be there til the 16th

Poor fella is getting married smdh

Isn't there a hurricane on the way?

Yep. its good luck for rain on the wedding day

a hurricane is like

super good luck, right?

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Well that was awkward but I had to know

Turns out he did

Are we all just gonna leave it at that?

His unit does some on-site visits, they've been in some bad areas and they're dealing with hostile people in an adversarial context

...Oh. OH!

I completely misunderstood "plate carriers"

:biggrin:

Like a busboy with a stack of dinner plates?

YES!

<3 I was delighted

Oh God, the dinner rush! The critic is here! nooooooooo

Look the guy's daughter needed a job, thin on qualifications, but she's dreadfully clumsy. Her record was three spills in a week. He can't fire her but something's gotta give!

THERE'S GOT TO BE A BETTER WAY!

Ilpala on
    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I also hear that Odyssey is a game to really take advantage of 4Kish and HDR. Very gorgeous. Before anyone comes in to poo-poo my peasant console graphics, I promise you that you'd go "huh awesome" if I showed you Tomb Raider or Hellblade on my X because it's a huge screen 6 feet from you blasting at a billion nits so that your last glimpse of the world is pure color

anyway, i'm happy with graphics right meow.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    The PA comic about AC Odyssey ensured I will never play it. I admittedly was not going to play it under any circumstances really, but still

did you try to fight your dad as a child

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    what child hasn't tried to fight their dad

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    After playing more this weekend I’m souring on Forza Horizon 4

It’s fun but it has enough visible issues that I can’t deal with

Most notably is the lack is car variety in races with AI and that coming in first means almost nothing

• Options
    @SniperGuy I think i'll build angels as well. it stacks up against the most common sweepers, has a huge number of powerful threats to overwhelm targeted removal and good luck beating a lyra red decks.

• Options
    Dronus86Dronus86 Now with cheese!Registered User regular

In related news, AC:O has micro transactions? I played like 7-8 hours of it and was unaware of that. Gonna be hard pressed to complain about them if they stay that unobtrusive.

The complaint I've heard is that you get MOST of the way through the game, then the experience starts to crawl and you have to grind or pay $$$ to finish the story missions.

Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.
    Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    I have been greatly enjoying the 10 hour Uncharted games of late, probably more so because they're an antidote to 75 hour sandbox games that go on past the far horizons.

I like Witcher 3 and so on, for sure, but I will die one day and maybe don't have time for sandbox games any more.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I heard @Organichu fucked up 3 state capitals ITT

Fucked up if true

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    The only way I'm getting the time to play any game these days is if I can have it on the Switch so I can play while watching TV with my wife. Staying up late to play videogames isn't really an option for me anymore.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    The only way I'm getting the time to play any game these days is if I can have it on the Switch so I can play while watching TV with my wife. Staying up late to play videogames isn't really an option for me anymore.

i'm pouring out a Mt Dew Code Red for my fallen homey

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    VR hardware does need to get lighter. This is mostly because I keep trying to do jumping stabs in Gorn.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    VishNub wrote: »
    This seems like a bad place to put your house

Maybe they have some well engineered anti-erosion in place... Maybe a retaining wall we can't see. perhaps that shack contains a 5 hp submersible pump.

...Maybe a drunk Nord just said fuck it I'm building a house here. I like fishing.

I'm like 90% certain that that's a mill
    And yet I am also 90% certain that the Nord that built that mill was liquored up as well. I do not know if he liked to fish.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »

i'm pouring out a Mt Dew Code Red for my fallen homey

Getting old sucks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Sometimes I feel bad practicing acoustic guitar at 9am, I try not to before that.

And yet now my neighbor has been hammering for half an hour, starting at 7am

I see how it is

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    My whole apartment is just over 600 sq ft and that's a pretty big apartment.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    rip Honk

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    There's something soothing about Subnautica and just exploring the ocean.

Except the deep parts and the reaper noises

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular

• Options
    rip Honk

My post would have looked better underneath Bowen's saying he had a spare 500 sq ft room over.

• Options
    Honk wrote: »

But where do you keep all the furniture that's only for holidays?

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Bogart wrote: »
    I have been greatly enjoying the 10 hour Uncharted games of late, probably more so because they're an antidote to 75 hour sandbox games that go on past the far horizons.

I like Witcher 3 and so on, for sure, but I will die one day and maybe don't have time for sandbox games any more.

Imagine the amazing sandbox games they'll have in 2118 after we're all dead.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    my house is fairly small by US house standards but it's probably more house than i need

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

Imagine the incredibly long sandbox games they'll have in 2118 after we're all dead.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    look at these hoity toity dudes with their houses whose spare rooms aren't filled with unpacked boxes from a year and a half ago when they moved in

omg

The movers are finally picking up our stuff this morning and honestly I'm fkin terrified. I'm so scared things will be smashed and broken and it's going to be a disaster.

Also we have to manage unboxing and clean a bunch of stuff as it comes into the house and my stress is redlining today aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

Imagine the amazing sandbox games they'll have in 2118 after we're all dead.

speak for yourself

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    look at these hoity toity dudes with their houses whose spare rooms aren't filled with unpacked boxes from a year and a half ago when they moved in

omg

The movers are finally picking up our stuff this morning and honestly I'm fkin terrified. I'm so scared things will be smashed and broken and it's going to be a disaster.

Also we have to manage unboxing and clean a bunch of stuff as it comes into the house and my stress is redlining today aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Have the stuff delivered directly into a sinkhole and start a new life free from material constraints

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i'm thinking of spending $5 on MTGA
    PI22tQD.gif

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    British houses are waaaay too small for VR.

Generally, this wave of interesting in AR/VR seems to have peaked. 18 months back you couldn't move for people proclaiming that it was here to stay.

I think it honestly is here to stay. Development continues, people are releasing good content, the equipment is getting better.

Market fragmentation and lack of a blowout hit in the last few months is slowing things though.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    All this chat talk about Magic is making me cling to my FFG LCGs all the more.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    PI22tQD.gif

I played three games then uninstalled.

You can be strong, I am the proof.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Tumin wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »

But where do you keep all the furniture that's only for holidays?

At my off site, heated, cctv surveiled, electrical fence surrounded, storage locker of course.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    PI22tQD.gif

Is it you that is strong... or the mustache?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I played against the most ridiculous vampire deck yesterday

dude was at 70 life by the end

• Options
    PI22tQD.gif

You watched me stream for awhile though so

you'll be back

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    PI22tQD.gif

Is it you that is strong... or the mustache?

We have a symbiotic relationship.
    Where one ends and the other begins is not a hard line.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    my house is fairly small by US house standards but it's probably more house than i need

Apparently the average house size in the US is 2600 square feet. That's absurd.

I thought my 3 bedroom apartment was pretty spacious at 1246 square feet.

• Options
    PI22tQD.gif

Don't. You'll start having thoughts like "oh working and spending money is so much more time efficient than playing" and "oh its just a cup of coffee and I enjoy it for an hour".

• Options
    Kamiro wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »

omg

Is mover's insurance not a thing?

it's a thing but man I'm just fucking done with having to use the mitigation for when somebody fucks up.

Just do the thing right and can we please have a process that goes smoothly for once

I'm so fucking tired of 80% effort, 80% results, and relying on the fallback to fix things.

This discussion has been closed.