Options

They advanced the PLOT?! Warhammer 40k casual lore

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    i just pulled out an old metal marine where the legs, torso and head come in one flat piece

I don't seem to have the plastic arms/bolter/backpack

the tab at the bottom says C GW1992

• Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    i just pulled out an old metal marine where the legs, torso and head come in one flat piece

Careful. That may have lead in it!

I think it was mid-to-late 90s that they switched to pewter.

• Options
    Skwigelf wrote: »

Careful. That may have lead in it!

I think it was mid-to-late 90s that they switched to pewter.

i thought that gw themselves never had lead, except for maybe some of the absolute first generation stuff

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    most pewter made in the last 50 years doesn't contain lead for obvious reasons

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    No pewter intended for use in drinking vessels or other utensils, sure. Lead-based pewter only got banned outright much more recently. GW made the switch in the mid ‘90’s – I probably still have the relevant white dwarf around here somewhere.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Skwigelf wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    Nothing says "early 90s GW" like helmets with huge grill mouths.

Or flat marines

Have they come out with a new Ragnar Blackmane model yet, or are we still stuck with Ragnar Flatmane?

No he is old as the hills but the rumor is since he is Not Leman he gets wolves in the newest codex he will get a new model

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I know it's based off another RPG, but remember when there was almost a cool IG movie?

https://youtu.be/PS2CC6WdNMk

• Options
    The problem I have with mutant chronicles is it had a good idea with the dark unknown evil of Dark Symmetry but kind of all over the place with it. The steampunk in space and megacorps was interesting but in all I felt it really needed a better story with the same ideals

I remember when they came out with the wargame known as Warzone as I still have a lot of the imperial troops I got out of a dump bin just to paint I felt the Bauhaus was neat but the steam mechs were cooler art poor minis
    z5btmxdn5soy.png

b2i7e5z9hk9k.jpg

Wow I fell down a hole of stuff trying to find those pics I did not know it's history as of the last 10 years I forgot about the card game which is what brought me into that world as I too found that in a dump bin

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    At least we have Event Horizon.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options

the armigers themselves are slowly coming along

it's kinda funny that gw released a new knight kit with a pilot model and a detailed interior and stuff like that for the same price as the old warden kit with all of the warden stuff included and i'm actually not sure if i even want much of it. I already got most of the bits i wanted from the first warden kit I bought, and i kinda don't want to rethink my pilot aesthetics, or convert up another one of my pilots to be sitting down. The only bits i'd want are the big laser gun, and the turret mounted laser gun.

I might just save myself 30 bucks and get a regular errant like i planned.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited September 2018

it's kinda funny that gw released a new knight kit with a pilot model and a detailed interior and stuff like that for the same price as the old warden kit with all of the warden stuff included and i'm actually not sure if i even want much of it. I already got most of the bits i wanted from the first warden kit I bought, and i kinda don't want to rethink my pilot aesthetics, or convert up another one of my pilots to be sitting down. The only bits i'd want are the big laser gun, and the turret mounted laser gun.

I like the Gundam color scheme you've got going on with their uniforms. Are your knights painted to match?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

I like the Gundam color scheme you've got going on with their uniforms. Are your knights painted to match?

I did get inspired to to a blue and white colour scheme from seeing the Exia models

But apart from that not quite. I've been painting a lot of diamond patters and heraldry and stuff like that which makes them look a little different.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Sounds cool though, is it too much to hope for pics when they're done?

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Sounds cool though, is it too much to hope for pics when they're done?

I'm planning on it. Still slowly working on the armigers (got the arms/weapons, the bases and a few small details left to go), but i did get some photos of the big knight a bit ago.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    That looks amazing. Not only is the paint scheme great, but all the little weathering details are fantastic, as is the attention you gave to make the base into a very fleshed-out piece of scenery.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    thanks, it was a lot of fun to work on

• Options
    Ok, now i think i've found my new favourite channel for environmental effects and basing and scenery

https://youtu.be/C05fUbisbUo

just all tutorials for water effects and plants (god plants are hard), and stuff like that. I'm currently cutting up bits of hole-punched paper so they look like lilypads for the fountain on one of my armiger bases. It's great!

• Options
    SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    Question for the thread, how do you all like to transport your Minis? I have some 3D printed Minis and small art box but them jostling around has started to cause some damage to the models

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    You could probably just use the same box but with some foam pads and be fine

One little square in each hole and one larger piece on the box lid so when you close it the pad on the lid is pressing the mini against the pad in the hole

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Snowbear wrote: »
    Question for the thread, how do you all like to transport your Minis? I have some 3D printed Minis and small art box but them jostling around has started to cause some damage to the models

Well my black templar army has lived in two plano cases and a cardboard box
    My eldar army in a pistol case my jetbikes in a box the falcons sadly did not make it through the years in storage the fins/antenna? broke off :(
    I really do have to find a way to put away the jetbikes, vypers falcons and wave serpents I just don't know how other than a reel case but no one makes what I want

The other armies I got in the tourney and since still were in their boxes they came in

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Snowbear wrote: »

Depends on the size of the force but I am partial to magnets on the bases on metal trays.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    it's kinda funny that i'm almost more excited about adding water lilies to the fountain on the base of this armiger than i am with finishing off the armiger itself

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    When teenage me had two companies of battlemechs, I used a couple of flat tackle boxes. Granted I was always very careful carrying them around. Years and several moves later, going through my old stuff at my parents house, they were to the last single one broken into pieces so I just threw them out.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    So I got to play Kill Team against @Rankenphile last night

I did very poorly, mostly due to playing the Orks and not just fuckin' going for it

But it was fun and I took out two of his better units with some extremely lucky shots with an Ork with a Rokkit Launcha, so that was great!

• Options
    orkz are really good at playing the objective, rather than trying to table your opponent

tie your opponent up with a bunch of T4 boiz and then get in there and do a thing

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I dunno. Even in something called "Guardsman" there has to be a space marine.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    That short has great tone. Less is more.

• Options
    ork-standard-image.png

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    All the Regimentul Bosspoles are pretty good.

Ded' Kunning Tactics

Yout Guide to Dakka

Especially Squishy and weird Dakka are good.

honovere on
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Anyone read the new plague wars book.

I've not, but some spoilers are already out in the wild
    The Emperor may actually be possessing people to use as "imperial saints" against chaos. Big Rob doesn't believe it, and thinks they're just powerful psykers manifesting their faith in the Emperor. Until one of these said saints saves his life. He decides to read something written by Lorgar. The Lectitio Divinitatus

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Karl wrote: »

The Emperor may actually be possessing people to use as "imperial saints" against chaos. Big Rob doesn't believe it, and thinks they're just powerful psykers manifesting their faith in the Emperor. Until one of these said saints saves his life. He decides to read something written by Lorgar. The Lectitio Divinitatus

CLARIFICATION PLEASE.
    Uh, Imperial Saints? Like, the already established one in awhile Living Saints?

Or basically dude Living Saints which I might kind of hate?

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Karl wrote: »

CLARIFICATION PLEASE.
    Uh, Imperial Saints? Like, the already established one in awhile Living Saints?

Or basically dude Living Saints which I might kind of hate?

Summary plagiarised from Reddit:
    Guilliman arrests a girl (possibly a living saint) as she could be a psyker or at the very least there is no confirmation that her abilities are coming from the Emperor, although the Ecclesiarchy believe that they are. She is placed in a cell and guarded by four Primaris Marines, a Guard officer and an Oblivion Knight. Then, later on, some Sisters of Battle free her (with the help of her new abilities), kill the marines and the officer and knock the Oblivion Knight unconscious. She then goes and saves Guilliman, although she dies in the process. The remaining Sister of Battle is sentenced to death, but more importantly the whole series of events lead Guilliman to start reading the Lectitio Divinitatus.

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Rob converting to emperor worship would be the best possible way to get back at Dad for years of neglect. Reject rationalism and science, put on the sackcloth and start whipping yourself for the holy God Emperor!

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    Guilliman: All hail the God Emperor!
    God Emperor: you are such a disappointment.

• Options
    Rowboat converting to the ecclisiarchy would be absurd

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Rowboat converting to the ecclisiarchy would be absurd

Yeah, I will actually be pissed if he goes full religious nut.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    You can recognice someone as a god, without going all religious nut or worship.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I would love it simply because it more fully validates the foolishness of the Emperor's pride in thinking he could eradicate organised religion via genocide "for the good of humanity".

Fuck that.

manwiththemachinegun on
This discussion has been closed.