Options

[Destiny 2] Forsaken: Dance Like Nobody's Shooting (At You)

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    how many motes of light went into the gambit bank, was it 6 or 3

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Oh btw, the bonus infamy applies to bounties so hold on to the weekly until the end November 2nd for 225 Infamy... make it feel like a real bounty. :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    how many motes of light went into the gambit bank, was it 6 or 3

Theeeeere's the Destiny Thread I love

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    The raid actually gave me two brand new exotics!

Still no bow. :rotate:

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Toasticus wrote: »

You missed the period around the launch of The Taken King when we all tried to convince each other that Mara Sov and/or Eris Morn were actually Savathun.

Still a distinct possibility for the former, I'd say.

EDIT: Unrelated, in 2/3 Gambits today we got the meatball.

It seems the spawn rate is either extremely high, or I just got super "lucky"

Scare-quotes because I only got one of those two kills and on a character that didn't already have the malfeasance quest so instead of a chance at the sparrow/ship I just got the quest again. :rotate:

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    The raid actually gave me two brand new exotics!

Still no bow. :rotate:

My raid tonight on my Hunter gave me a Coldheart (from Kalli) and Aeon Swift (from post Riven chest).

Yeah....

Then after from Gambit daily my Titan got Ashen Wake.

Fucks sake.

At least I got my Glittering Key I suppose.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    Oh scrapper bounties last 3 days now. That's way more useful.

They seemed to always start showing up right after you just finished all the bounties you were doing for the day on a character and I'll be damned if I am going to play another match of crucible for one bounty.

But sticking around a few days, plus cores? Sure!

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    So I don't know if Otherside counts as a standard exotic drop or not, but I have gotten three of the dang things in the past two weeks. And I haven't gotten any exotic armor/weapon drops in as much time.

I am more than ready for the fun new stuff, please.

Dys on
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    What a week of destiny it’s been. Finally got over my fear and LFG’d my way into Last Wish. We ended up doing the thunderstruck triumph which meant no riven cheese, but that’s fine. It seemed super mechanics heavy, but the group I found was super cool about everything. They explained all the mechanics before each fight, then told me to just focus on add clear, so I got a nice explanation of mechanics, then got to see them done, but had no chance of messing it up! As for loot, I got the entire Great Hunt set on my Titan, an Age Old Bond and One Thousand Voices at the end! Woohoo!

Since my Titan has been 600 for a couple weeks now, I figured I’d work on my warlock today. During the Blind Well bounty I got The Queenbreaker!

So I guess now I need to figure out which gun between 1KV and Queenbreaker pisses people off more in gambit.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    1KV, because last time I checked Queenbreaker cant wipe a whole team in one shot. Plus it can actually damage the primeval

Edit: it’s basically like getting to have a 2nd super, for how easy it seems to be to get kills with it

ronzo on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Yay, another Ancient, another failure to kill him with less than a third of his life remaining! Three for three. <3<3<3

Gotta love the nova warping asshole invader that screwed it up for us!

edit: On the upside, tonight's awful Gambit (another ancient missed, multiple matches where even matched with teams couldn't even get a primordial up, etc...) adventures yielded a Trust with Rampage and Firefly, which works for me.. And... a Hazard of the Cast. A gun that I was was sure didn't exist.

the two steadfasts I got in the process of doing the gambits dropped the guitar and cat too. so I guess it balanced itself out. sort of.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Dys wrote: »
    So I don't know if Otherside counts as a standard exotic drop or not, but I have gotten three of the dang things in the past two weeks. And I haven't gotten any exotic armor/weapon drops in as much time.

I am more than ready for the fun new stuff, please.

It doesn't, just a random bonus drop

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
  • Options
    Heeeeeey...

Big FYI for anyone who has extra Festival tokens:

You can re-buy the Horror Story on alternate characters once.

It dismantles into seven (7) Cores.

So...that's pretty nice!

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Done with the rumble bit of the Redrix quest, and it was fun.

3bbad594-8843-420e-8208-fd044832d4af_Thumbnail.PNG

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    So I’m staring to void lock suck less. I hold the charge all the time and I shouldn’t. I’m still learning super nova. Seems like you almost need it to be more fusion rifle range as point blank doesn’t seem to work well

I still hate supers. I’m so bad with them and panicky. Like I’ll make huge sniper shots on dudes barely popping their heads out as they jump across a lane. I’ll confidently snipe dudes rushing me down a lane.

Then I’ll cast nova warp and slowly hover around just outside ohk range if a guy popping it over and over. Or just get so flustered I blink into walls and stuff.

Maybe I’ll get comfortable and not suck. But
    Even then nothing makes me more upset in any video game then blowing an super in d2 competitive

Please bring back artifacts and let me have two nades abd melee charges and no super!

616610-1.png
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Today I've gotten: Heart of Inmost Light, Wavesplitter and just now got the Colony Catalyst.

So.

I'm enjoying this patch. :)

EDIT: Jeez, add Black Talon to that list.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Gah, got screwed on a shot at the meatball. We had early round mote advantage, but I got killed by the damn drill descending from heaven on the Cabal map, costing us 9 motes. Then Booker got rocked by blockers after killing an invader, costing us another 10 or so. Then another random invasion plus enemy trap cost me another 10. All told, it meant we summoned our Primeval after they had theirs down to about half. The drill death felt absurdly bullshit, and the others sucked though I suppose weren't profoundly unfair.
    Oh, and for much of that round we were down a teammate after one of our blueberries quit mid-match, so that certainly didn't help manners.

Just annoying to lose out when things just domino-effect against you, rather than just losing a close fight.

• Options
    For as frustrating as it is to not be able to kill the meatball, there is something reassuring about the sheer number of reports of even encountering it at all since the patch.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Yooo, I finally tried the new hotness and it turns out they fixed everything.

Who knew?

Also I now have forsaken on PC and man that opener.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    @Disrupter

May this help your Nova Warping.

https://youtu.be/jl5NxVkXJcU

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    disgusting

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Ok last update until things change. But 5 nova warp casts. 3 instant shut downs and two trades.

Kd while using an ults that whenever I play against Is an auto team wipe? 2-5

What the hell am I doing wrong? Keep in mind my kd in those matches overall is like 2.5. So these guys aren’t even good

I’m blinking and warping. Just as soon as I go to charge a warp I get team shot instantly

Are you charging up while blink jumping? I find it best to blink up over people and unleash it just behind them

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Comparing nova warp and fists of havoc is pretty fun.

Nova warp lasts longer, seems to have more super armor, moves faster, hits people above you and has a tendency to pierce walls.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »

Nova warp lasts longer, seems to have more super armor, moves faster, hits people above you and has a tendency to pierce walls.

fist of havoc slam definitely hits people above you

at least

other people's fist of havoc slams definitely hit me when i am 20m above them

i don't seem to get the same supers everyone else gets in pvp

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

at least

If they land in the field they die, but people can fly away from it... usually. Sometimes I get people above me, but there is no real rhyme or reason to it.

• Options
    VladimerVladimer Registered User regular

at least

I know we're acknowledging both as being able to do it, but I remember getting cute once and going high jump on my titan - jumped completely vertical on a nova warping lock. I ended up getting a "Turn Back!" warning in the air, and the warp STILL killed my ass. I was so sad.

• Options

at least

If they land in the field they die, but people can fly away from it... usually. Sometimes I get people above me, but there is no real rhyme or reason to it.

i do sometimes think all of my "how come they can do this to me but i can't do it to them?" experiences are entirely the result of lag

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I like my original bygones better than the vendor one. I used the vendor one for a bunch of games last night and it just didn't feel as good, I felt like I left a bunch of kills on the table that I would have gotten with my other one.

Peen on
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Hermano wrote: »
    Ok last update until things change. But 5 nova warp casts. 3 instant shut downs and two trades.

What the hell am I doing wrong? Keep in mind my kd in those matches overall is like 2.5. So these guys aren’t even good

I’m blinking and warping. Just as soon as I go to charge a warp I get team shot instantly

Are you charging up while blink jumping? I find it best to blink up over people and unleash it just behind them

See that’s the thing. I can’t seem to charge and blink or warp. If I’m charging all I can do is just float. So I can’t do that warp/blink insta explode I see folks seem to do

I’ll watch some clips an see if I learn what I’m doing wrong

It’s getting better though. For every time I failed with it there’s a team wipe to go with it. Just for me the ones that go bad stuck with me and ruin my enjoyment of this game

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular

See that’s the thing. I can’t seem to charge and blink or warp. If I’m charging all I can do is just float. So I can’t do that warp/blink insta explode I see folks seem to do

It’s getting better though. For every time I failed with it there’s a team wipe to go with it. Just for me the ones that go bad stuck with me and ruin my enjoyment of this game

Ah you have to blink first and start charging mid blink

You can't charge at all during the teleport I don't think

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular

You have to start the charge after hitting either your normal jump is and/or the super blink. So you would *press jump button/super blink button* immediately *press explosion button* to get an explosion immediately after the blink finishes OR *press jump button/super blink button* immediately *press explosion button and hold* to shave time off reaching your charged up super for when you are finished with your mobility move.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Ohhh ok

Also need to get the timing down for handheld supernova

It expiring right as I turn a corner is rough sauce. I’ll probably head to a private match and just dick around solo to get all this down into muscle memory

I’m light years better than I was a day ago. Just know at least two comp matches yesterday were losses because I didn’t super good enough

Did have one where I shut down an enemy ult and then two others to win a clash.

It’s also painful cause it just see enemy blade barrages being held specifically as a counter to me all match so it’s added pressure to strike when they are down

It’s all a lot of pressure! No pressure is on my teather so when I deliver with it it just feels good and when I fail oh well we all know it’s dumb

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    If the meatball is really common now then I'm pretty sure for the next week or two if I invade and see the other team fighting one when my team isn't I'm just gonna dance. Fuck screwing people out of it for some Infamy points.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I still don't understand blade barrage. I was underneath and behind a guy, on my screen anyway, when he cast his super and I still got killed. My assumption has been that if you hear the noise (or see the guy obviously jumping to cast it) you do have that split second to get behind cover or get away from the guy but it's like the game figures out who got hit when the hunter hits the button and all of the noise and animation and visible knives are just for show.

Peen on
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    I still don't understand blade barrage. I was underneath and behind a guy, on my screen anyway, when he cast his super and I still got killed. My assumption has been that if you hear the noise (or see the guy obviously jumping to cast it) you do have that split second to get behind cover or get away from the guy but it's like the game figures out who got hit when the hunter hits the button and all of the noise and animation and visible knives are just for show.

I don't Hunter but it's my understanding that there's an AoE component to blade barrage so if the attack is aimed close enough to below the caster and you're directly below the caster you'll still get hit.
    I have definitely dodged one by being directly beneath them when it went off. Exactly once. That game was amazing - I got 40 kills on Clash on whatever the name of the originally-for-Trials map is my first time trying nova warp in PvP and dodged a blade barrage. I felt like a god. Then I went back to being mediocre at Crucible.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    There's also lag. On the other guy's screen you didn't get into cover in time.

• Options
    If the meatball is really common now then I'm pretty sure for the next week or two if I invade and see the other team fighting one when my team isn't I'm just gonna dance. Fuck screwing people out of it for some Infamy points.

can you help the other team kill the meatball i wonder? heh

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    The fun thing you do is when you see the other team gets the testicle, your entire team drops the game. Which gives the other team the win but since they don't kill the testicle they don't get the quest.
    Yes, people are actually doing this.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    The fun thing you do is when you see the other team gets the testicle, your entire team drops the game. Which gives the other team the win but since they don't kill the testicle they don't get the quest.
    Yes, people are actually doing this.

Yeah that should be a bannable offense.