As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BEER] The Lacing on This Thread is Breathtaking. Mouthfeel

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    At this point in my life it's faster to list all of the things that don't haunt me.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    At this point in my life it's faster to list all of the things that don't haunt me.

Go!

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Go!

Done!

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Go!

Done!

You deserve a beer.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Well if we do get this going, and for some reason whomever is running said facebook page isn't friends with me, or if any of you aren't friends with me, my Facebook is https://www.facebook.com/zachary.virgo

be my friend

Bucketman on
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Noisymunk wrote: »
    Did that final swap ever actually happen last year?

That was my fault between me and.... I forget who else it was. It had gone so long we just came to an agreement not to swap.

Not something that should be allowed or happening in the future. I didn't think about it at the time and in hindsight we still should have swapped.

It was me. To be fair I also had shit come up so it was a mutual bail.

Definitely don't sign up unless you are 100% committed Folks!

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    I have beer salsa I've been wanting to share with someone for awhile now

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    I'll put up something tomorrow after work. Standby.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Alright ladies and gents. It's time for our Brewt Squad salsa exchange. We only take regulars from the beer thread, because well, I don't know many folks here outside of it, and I don't want to start handing addresses out to untrustworthy persons. Please only sign up if you are 100 percent committed to sending out your stuff.

If you are able and willing for your assignment, send me a message here on the forums and await further instructions.

You have one week.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Deadfall wrote: »
    Alright ladies and gents. It's time for our Brewt Squad salsa exchange. We only take regulars from the beer thread, because well, I don't know many folks here outside of it, and I don't want to start handing addresses out to untrustworthy persons. Please only sign up if you are 100 percent committed to sending out your stuff.

If you are able and willing for your assignment, send me a message here on the forums and await further instructions.

You have one week.

What kind of timeline we looking at for this?

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    So I did one of those “make your own 6 pack” things and grabbed a bunch of “holiday” stuff- smoked porters, imperial stouts, holiday ales and lagers...no beers I’ve been previous “acquaintances” with...

The first 2 made me feel all warm as is desired and I checked- both were 9.5%+ and now I’m suitably ready for the holiday season

• Options
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Deadfall wrote: »

You have one week.

What kind of timeline we looking at for this?

To ship? I'd say at least by the end of the year. I'm going to get mine out in time for Christmas.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    There's never been a rule on how much to ship but a general idea of what I'll send is 4-6 bottles or cans and a bomber or two.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Of salsa

• Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    So I'm going to be up in Minneapolis for Thanksgiving and planning on bringing back a bunch of local beer with me. Anyone got any recommendations for me? Looking for something for the season like porters and stouts. Last year I had some Giantsbane by Fair State and Old 8 porter by Barley John that I enjoyed. Any others come to mind?

• Options
    I am gleefuly excited to share my slasa with all of you

• Options
    Simpsonia wrote: »
    So I'm going to be up in Minneapolis for Thanksgiving and planning on bringing back a bunch of local beer with me. Anyone got any recommendations for me? Looking for something for the season like porters and stouts. Last year I had some Giantsbane by Fair State and Old 8 porter by Barley John that I enjoyed. Any others come to mind?

Well this sounds like a job for me! Your local Minnesota beer thread creator!

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I thought Minnesotans only drank molson

• Options

We have one of the best craft beer selections in the country!!

• Options
    100% get to Insight and Indeed.

I'll give more specific stuff later on

• Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    100% get to Insight and Indeed.

I'll give more specific stuff later on

We basically always visit the Insight taproom whenever we're in town, my girlfriend is obsessed with Sunken City and Gravity Well. Also definitely probably going to get a few crowlers of Dangerous Man peanut butter porter, as well.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Man, the Dogfish Head 75 Minute IPA is a really solid beer. I think I might actually like it better than the 90 Minute. Kind of takes the rough edges off while having a ton more body than the 60 minute.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Who's going out for Bourbon County Stout variants this year?

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular

We have one of the best craft beer selections in the country!!

We really really do. Barrel Theory, Forager, Junkyard, Lift Bridge...

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Check that batch number y'all
    6witanzy5e5a.jpg

Ground mother effing floor

• Options
    It's called marzipan's labyrinth and it's maybe the best thing I've ever drank.

Is a sweet traditional mead made from almond bosom honey

It's really balanced for a sweet mead between the acidity and sweetness of the honey, there are nutty notes and I hate to say this but the mouth feel is incredible. It coats your tongue like cream. Delicious.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Man, the Dogfish Head 75 Minute IPA is a really solid beer. I think I might actually like it better than the 90 Minute. Kind of takes the rough edges off while having a ton more body than the 60 minute.

Ok what is the deal with the minutes on those beers?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular

It's the number of minutes that the beer is hopped - the number of minutes it's boiled while hops are added.

• Options
    Ketar wrote: »

It's the number of minutes that the beer is hopped - the number of minutes it's boiled while hops are added.

Give me a 0 minute one

• Options
    90 is the best in my opinion.

• Options
    Ketar wrote: »

Are they the same recipe?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    To expand, usually you add a certain amount of hops all at once at certain times in the boil.

Dogfish invented a new process literally based off one of those tabletop football games that vibrate the little guys around to slowly and continuously drop hops in for the duration of the boil.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    The 120 is an amazing beer but it's more of a novelty than a beer you sit around and drink.

• Options
    I'm not a huge hoops guy personally, but the 90 is pretty descent

• Options
    Bucketman wrote: »

I love basketball

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »

I love basketball

I wish I was a little bit taller.

• Options
    Last night I stopped by the bottle shop on the way home and bought the last bottle of Stickee Monkee they had on the shelf.

It's not for personal consumption.

That info might be of interest to some of you...If you know what I mean.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    I do love some nice quads

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I need to find some Xocoveza

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Stopped at Cigar City Brewing yesterday after Busch Gardens.

Had a flight of stuff that was all quite good. They have a humidor series of Jai Alai and I tried the Spanish Cedar one. It definitely has a smokiness too it, but in a nice barbecue woodchip way. Very interesting to try.