As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Game Awards 2018] Habemus doritos papem.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Phew.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    So DMC.

Does the new one connect the old ones or something? EDIT: I mean does this new one connect the more recent one with the older ones.

I really don't know anything about the series, but I'm just confused whether or not they completely dropped the "reboot" stuff or if it's all in the same universe; because DMC5 looks like it has the old Dante and the one from the more recent game.

Or where they already connected?

as far as I know DMC5 is a continuation of the DMC1-4 setting and unconnected to the spinoff DmC setting, they dropped the reboot.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I was hoping for A Way Out to win and RDR2 to not win. I'll take God of War I guess.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Are they just giving up all pretext and working the ability to do a fatality after every round into the fiction?

They were two different era Scorpions.

It seemed more like a way to show the game will use time-y wime-y stuff to do an "ultimate" style roster.

Hanzo Hasashi and the demon Scorpion were separated when the Special Forces released some of the Earthrealm warriors' spirits from Quan Chi's control. MKX doesn't explicitly mention it, but the "Scorpion" we see in the story mode isn't Scorpion at all, it's just Hanzo.

In that trailer, the first "Scorpion" we see is Hanzo, and the second demonic one is the Scorpion.

Oh. I haven't played a MK game since...well lets say it's been awhile and it required quarters.

I just saw the one that looks more modern and then the one I remember and assumed it was an era thing.

Well, also that and the big hourglass thingy at the end and that always means time fuckery.

Maybe I should try one again.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Nuclear take.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Enlong wrote: »
    So DMC.

Does the new one connect the old ones or something? EDIT: I mean does this new one connect the more recent one with the older ones.

I really don't know anything about the series, but I'm just confused whether or not they completely dropped the "reboot" stuff or if it's all in the same universe; because DMC5 looks like it has the old Dante and the one from the more recent game.

DMC5 is the sequel to DMC4, not DmC.

Well, the sequel to DMC2, because apparently every game after DMC2 takes place before it. It’s weird. The order as I understand it is 3, 1, 4, 2, 5.

It’s basicaly unrebooting the series.

The guy who says “time to kick some ass!” is an older version of Nero, from DMC4.

Oh, ok. So the newer guy (from the recent game) isn't that younger guy? The reboot is just completely gone then? The trailer seemed particularly hard to follow. There was the main Dante I recognized, and then a young guy who looked just like him with short hair, and then another guy who looked quite a bit like them but with black longer hair. And it seemed like a few more too. :rotate:

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    So DMC.

Well, the sequel to DMC2, because apparently every game after DMC2 takes place before it. It’s weird. The order as I understand it is 3, 1, 4, 2, 5.

The guy who says “time to kick some ass!” is an older version of Nero, from DMC4.

Oh, ok. So the newer guy isn't that younger guy? The reboot is just completely gone then?

Reboot? Sorry, you must be from some dark dimension.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I was rooting for God of War here (game direction). Like, the tight scope, the whole "NEVER cut" aspect, the very clearly separated parts of the game, pacing, I felt it deserved it.

Ilpala on
    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    DmC is the only Devil May Cry worth a shit

• Options
    Mrs Claus not in fort nite season 7 per Ninja's report she is in fact a woman.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Fuck yes Mortal Kombat! This is so much better than E3.

Of course it is Warner Bros. so "Preorder for Shao Khan". Shit heads...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    So DMC.

Oh, ok. So the newer guy isn't that younger guy? The reboot is just completely gone then?

Yeah. The reboot was a separate continuity, and this game is in the original continuity.

No idea if they’ll ever go back to the DmC continuity, but I wouldn’t put money on it.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Fuck yes Mortal Kombat! This is so much better than E3.

Of course it is Warner Bros. so "Preorder for Shao Khan". Shit heads...

Oh, I thought you were just coming up with a fictional "this is what they would do" scenario... but that's actually what they did.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Can't believe the Switch logo in the MK trailer, that's really great news.

• Options
    DmC is the only Devil May Cry worth a shit

I agree, but DMC 5 is looking like it may join that exclusive club.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    it might be kind of funny if they had the OG DMC setting cross over with the reboot DmC setting and have the Dantes meet

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Fortnite with new Bethesda approved "make fans create content".

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    Who the hell is this Ninja person?

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Oh boy can't wait for RDR2 to win Game of the Year lol.

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Looks like Dauntless is also coming to Switch next year? I think I missed that in the trailer, but that could be a win for them without MHW to compete with there.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

I'm excited for creative mode.

• Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    Vaping is dumb and not a healthy decision, but these commercials are ass and make me want to start smoking again, and both my parents have (had) lung cancer.

It's the Just Say No campaign and it's unconvincing.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Hmm, weird, Russo Brothers were there to give an award to the game that had a Thanos crossover event.

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    That's the cynical take. It's nice that they highlight peoples' stuff. They don't have to do that at all.

• Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    No Man's Sky got robbed.

(She/Her)
  • Options

the most popular fortnite streamer I think, unfortunately

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Looks like Dauntless is also coming to Switch next year? I think I missed that in the trailer, but that could be a win for them without MHW to compete with there.

What, really? NICE.

Oooooh. Outer Worlds has that nice Zeerust 1950s Sci-Fi feel, but in a different vein. More Forbidden Planet and less THEM!. I dig it. Oh, and it's PS4 too. So MS buying Obsidian didn't cut them off for developing for that system too.

• Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular

Most popular streamer in general by a huge margin. Regularly breaks 100k viewers and occasionally plays Fortnite with celebrities.

Still a douche though.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Oh fuck off Fortnite. No Man's Sky actually deserved that.

Also Warframe got robbed and should have been nominated.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    LOL. Persona hijack

• Options
    HOLY SHIT THAT SMASH ANNOUNCEMENT

• Options
    dispatch.o wrote: »

Most popular streamer in general by a huge margin. Regularly breaks 100k viewers and occasionally plays Fortnite with celebrities.

Still a douche though.

Also, if you kill him in Fortnite and then emote, he'll try to get Epic to ban you because he's a baby.

• Options
    SMASH?

• Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    dispatch.o wrote: »

Still a douche though.

Also, if you kill him in Fortnite and then emote, he'll try to get Epic to ban you because he's a baby.

"Stream sniper they killed me, not allowed."

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    OH FUCK!!!!

THE ABSOLUTE FUCKING MADMEN!!!!!!!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    WHAT

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Paid dlc announcement for a game not even out. Yep its 2018.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Henroid wrote: »
    HOLY SHIT THAT SMASH ANNOUNCEMENT

Ehh?