As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Snow]: A Four Letter Word

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    nor'easter coming in tonight I guess?

that means I'll probably be a popsicle tomorrow

rip me

It's dragging a warmfront with it so I wouldn't worry too much.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    First storm of the season tonight. We have the infrastructure to deal with it, but I'm working from home until my apartment's parking lot is plowed.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    It turns out that on Monday we got 0.8 inches of snow. Which is twice as much snow as we got all last winter.

I swear I single-handedly destroyed winter precipitation in Oklahoma the day I got a job with paid inclement weather leave.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    2h28psej7ee2.jpg

It's gonna be 45 and rainy tomorrow so it won't last, but still. Very nice to have, especially after we had to keep the AC on until Thanksgiving last year.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    6" of snow in maryland in mid november is two (2) four letter words. Bull. Shit.

GO AWAY SNOW!

The activity in this thread as of November 15 is also hot bull shit

Not hot enough to keep winter in check round these parts though

Damnit snow thread! get off the first page ughhhhh

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    nice layer here, but supposed to rain before morning

gqp954cxa8qb.jpg

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    It's 68F/20C here finally. I do not envy you for your snow.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I was not expecting this much snow today, but at least it is gonna rain and go up to 45 yeah.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I never want to live in a place where 45F is something to get UP to.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »

Hello, Heat Miser

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    15 cm over the course of last night and leading up to 1 this afternoon

Hello, Winter, and thanks for the free day off

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Madican wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »

Hello, Heat Miser

I will hoard the warmth.

When the universe experiences heat death, I will still be a toasty 35.

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    My area got blitzed yesterday, people I know were stuck on the highways for 7+ hours trying to get home. It went from nothing to dangerous in a bit over an hour, that hour was rush hour. =\

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

rip me

I can't believe you filled me with this much hope 3clipse.

There's a foot of snow.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

rip me

There's a foot of snow.

aren't you in the lake effect snow part of NY

why are you listening to us massholes

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »

rip me

There's a foot of snow.

aren't you in the lake effect snow part of NY

why are you listening to us massholes

Yeah...

But I had hope!

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options

rip me

There's a foot of snow.

Iiiiiiii am sorry.

• Options
    No worries. I'm picking this thing up this weekend:

https://www.ariens.com/en-us/snow-products/snow-blowers/classic

RIP in peace snow.

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    "Winter Storm Warning" all day. Originally, we were being told there would be 5-8 inches of snow. I doubted that, since we never get as much as is predicted, but I figured we'd get a couple inches. I call one to two inches of fresh snow a Pretty Snow. It makes the grey brown blahness of late fall and winter sparkling clean white instead without causing traffic inconveniences. With Christmas lights going up it would be extra pretty at night. That's what I was hoping for.

Not even a dusting. Not. A. Single. Goddamn. Snowflake. Not even a flurry. Saddest winter storm warning ever. It wasn't even all that windy until the warning was over. All I wanted to do today was drink cocoa and watch snow fall. The birds were frantically scratching away at the dead wildflowers looking for seeds because even they thought something was coming, and then nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Winter Storm Warning. They promised me snow. I feel lied to.

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Thursday before last my area had a forecast for 2-3 inches of snow starting at 10am, that was moved to 1pm. It started snowing at 3.15 at a rate of 2+ inches per hour. Folks on the highway were running out of gas because they were stuck for for 5+ hours. We ended up with almost a foot of snow and ice overnight. The next day it was in the low 50s. =\

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Mayabird wrote: »
    "Winter Storm Warning" all day. Originally, we were being told there would be 5-8 inches of snow. I doubted that, since we never get as much as is predicted, but I figured we'd get a couple inches. I call one to two inches of fresh snow a Pretty Snow. It makes the grey brown blahness of late fall and winter sparkling clean white instead without causing traffic inconveniences. With Christmas lights going up it would be extra pretty at night. That's what I was hoping for.

Not even a dusting. Not. A. Single. Goddamn. Snowflake. Not even a flurry. Saddest winter storm warning ever. It wasn't even all that windy until the warning was over. All I wanted to do today was drink cocoa and watch snow fall. The birds were frantically scratching away at the dead wildflowers looking for seeds because even they thought something was coming, and then nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Winter Storm Warning. They promised me snow. I feel lied to.

gz49qsz9rzde.png

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Sudden snowstorm!

The wind is howling and three neighborhood cats are having a set-to somewhere over the fence. Very spooky.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    After getting about two and a half feet of snow in november/early december, we've been getting a string of +2 to +5 days with some rain, and basically all the snow is gone.
    We're now forecasting a green christmas :(

Psykoma on
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    After getting about two and a half feet of snow in november/early december, we've been getting a string of +2 to +5 days with some rain, and basically all the snow is gone.
    We're now forecasting a green christmas :(

Just come visit here! We have more than enough ice and snow and slush to go around. You can take some home and throw it on your lawn.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited December 2018

tynic wrote: »
    Sudden snowstorm!

The wind is howling and three neighborhood cats are having a set-to somewhere over the fence. Very spooky.

Huh. Didn't snow south of Boston but that wind freaked me out last night. I half expected a tree to fall on my house.

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    XheroXhero la contr'une Registered User regular
    6IfbWZp.png?1alFNKzP.png

cheers from the frosty north

• Options
    Beautiful.

The best thing about snow is that it reflects light so that it creates a recordable image so I can see it through the internet from a place where it is not snowing.

• Options
    It's going to be in the high 50's and raining on Friday. Back down to more sane temperatures by Christmas, but almost no chance of snow.

I realize it's dumb and petty but currently out of all the horrible things about climate change I'm most mad that we're probably never going to have snow for Christmas in Boston anymore.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I think I need one of those light therapy boxes.

They can be pretty expensive though just checking Amazon...

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    No snow in Western Washington (unsurprising) but a tornado touched down 15 miles outside Seattle in Port Orchard .

So there's that.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Blue blue blue blue

And there I am in that sliver of green

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Blue blue blue blue

And there I am in that sliver of green

There's an 80°F difference between the forecasted high temperature in Los Angeles (where I am currently) and the high temperature in my hometown (in Michigan) tomorrow.

That's not even accounting for wind chill.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Oh fun

I'm in that bit of super cold near Lake Erie.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    ugh

-5 with wind chill on thursday where I live =/

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    ugh

-5 with wind chill on thursday where I live =/

It's - 17 and feels like - 40 outside right now

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    all I want is sunny, 72, and slightly breezy

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Were many indigenous Americans or early European settlers based in the places that get to -50, and how the fuck did they deal with that without modern luxuries like double glazed windows and central heating if so?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Were many indigenous Americans or early European settlers based in the places that get to -50, and how the fuck did they deal with that without modern luxuries like double glazed windows and central heating if so?

Sure, plenty of tribes lived in Canada and Alaska for instance. Snow is a good insulator, as it happens.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Just got the official notification that my kids' schools will be closed for the next 2 days. I was pretty surprised to also receive word that the bars I host trivia at are going to cancel trivia and close early the next couple of nights.

I was pretty shocked that the bars were going to close up. But I guess windchill of 50-55 below zero will do that.