As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The result of this [love] thread is pointedly clear

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I thought it could be spelled either way

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    My friend is coming over tomorrow for Pal-entine's Day which will consist of eating entirely too much pizza, finishing of the last movie in the Harry Potter series (that we started watching nearly a year ago), and making boozy Butterbeer on a rainy afternoon. Life ain't so bad.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I thought it could be spelled either way

I mean in the same way that any word can be misspelled close enough that the meaning is still clear.

As far as I can tell there isn't really any notable history of "wierdo" being a common/accepted alternate spelling. Just one of those words that gets misspelled often enough (and "ie/ei" rules being vague enough) that people might not notice.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I before E, except after C
    We live in a weird society

• Options
    mori1972mori1972 FF14: Rhotfyr Thosinmharsyn (Y)UKRegistered User regular
    But its all for science!

It's all saltwater these days:
    Ocean, tears and heartbreak soup
    Half alive in a whitecap foam
    Half in love with a white half moon
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular

Yeah
    Listed below are some words which are exceptions to the most basic rule of "I before E except after C".
    The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 6,170 total.

English is a really weird language

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Welcome to English, where the rules are made up and the syntaxes don't matter.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    All words are made up

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    How postmodern

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Mind blown

• Options
    I dropped those presents off at my girlfriend's desk at her workplace

I made it there before she did, successful on that front

Got a lovely little salvo of texts when she got in

She was very appreciative and happy

Now I just need to figure out how to cook lobster, crab cakes and shrimp

I think I can broil them all

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Surprised her with a rose and some lovely fragrant Taiwanese flowers I don’t know the name of and a Coke because she didn’t want chocolate and she looooooves Coke.

My class for the evening was canceled so we walked around and enjoyed each other’s company and did some smooches and had a nice, low key Valentine's Day.

When she got home she told her mom about us. Her mom kept getting stressed out that we wouldn't be able to communicate and she had to keep reminding her that I speak Mandarin. :P
    Edit: She then offered not to tell her dad yet because, and I quote "if I tell my dad then my whole family will know" and she didn't want to put that pressure on me

and I'm like "girl, have we met, attention sustains me" and told her she should do whatever she felt comfortable with.

So I think this thing is like, 100% go now, like full out, like totally, like full on.

sarukun on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I'm in a polyamorous relationship with steak and whiskey and let me tell y'all we have one wild night planned

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Had an Aussie Valentine's double date last night with my partners over there. We drank and played Apex Legends and flirted a bunch and it was real good

Spending tonight with Christine. Making some tasty salmon and mushrooms and a salad with some wine, and ice cream after. Then THINGS and laying in bed watching shows and smooching

Then I have a remote date with a partner tomorrow where we are both cooking the same meal and I'm dressing up and gonna do candles and we are gonna have a dinner date via discord video chat. And then maybe play games?

Then Sunday date with Cali partner who just visited. Busy end of week!

Polyamory is love + calendars

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular

I think you mentioned that the lobster was already prepared? You sure it's not precooked?

And if it's not - yes, you can broil them all if you'd like, but you can't broil them all together for the same time.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Had an Aussie Valentine's double date last night with my partners over there. We drank and played Apex Legends and flirted a bunch and it was real good

Spending tonight with Christine. Making some tasty salmon and mushrooms and a salad with some wine, and ice cream after. Then THINGS and laying in bed watching shows and smooching

Then I have a remote date with a partner tomorrow where we are both cooking the same meal and I'm dressing up and gonna do candles and we are gonna have a dinner date via discord video chat. And then maybe play games?

This Sunday date with Cali partner who just visited. Busy end of week!

Polyamory is love + calendars

This is awesome and I'm incredibly impressed with your scheduling abilities.

I learned long ago I have the temperament(?) for being poly but not nearly enough drive to actually make it happen in a functional sense, and decided to revel in nice lazy monogamy. :biggrin:

So yea, way to rock it.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    I am 100% not organised enough to be poly.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I am 100% not organised enough to be poly.

I would never be able to keep track of all the cousins/family/friends and stories. I would need to take actual notes during dates.

• Options
    Like, I'm barely organised enough to be hungry.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    That's why it's good to live in the woods you can just pick something off the ground and eat it whenever you get hungry

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I am 100% not mentally stable enough to be poly

I fuck up enough in my ONE relationship

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    my mom sent me two valentine's

one from her, and one from our cats

I love my moooommmm

• Options
    DrZiplock wrote: »

I think you mentioned that the lobster was already prepared? You sure it's not precooked?

And if it's not - yes, you can broil them all if you'd like, but you can't broil them all together for the same time.

Thanks! I haven't cooked any of these things before

All three of them are cleaned and ready to cook

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod

Yeah
    Listed below are some words which are exceptions to the most basic rule of "I before E except after C".
    The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 6,170 total.

English is a really weird language

"Or when sounding like 'ay' as in 'neighbor' or 'weigh'"

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Once upon a time, I scheduled two dates on the same day and I really thought I had them spaced far enough apart that a sitcom situation would not ensue.

And then the second date got into town early to surprise me.

So that was my hubris.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Lack of organization and mental fuck-upedness are the reasons I've stopped looking or even bothering with the idea of new partners. I'm decent with calendars and schedules but scatterbrained in general, and I have enough mental health issues that I'm more or less saturated. I just don't have it in me to be responsible for or subject to the erratic moods of others. That means that as far as serious, committed relationships go, I've got what I've got, these two people are more or less what I can handle, and that's it. I am very committed to those two people at this point in my life and it's good, though physical distance can does mean I miss one a whole lot.

I won't go so far as to rule out a more casual relationship (with some caveats, like relative emotional stability), but over the past couple years I've come to the realization that as hard as I was trying to manage my mental health it wasn't good enough. That's been hard for me to admit and I'm sad about it, but I guess it's time to be a grownup sometimes.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i cannot even get 1 person to date me so the idea of multiple seems absurd

though i prob wouldn't be cut out for it emotionally, i had a hard enough time giving attention to the person i was dating at first
    i mean who knows

i've only ever dated 1 person and i started later on in life

poo
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I am 100% not mentally stable enough to be poly

I fuck up enough in my ONE relationship

TBH I feel like I learn things from each relationship that helps me to be better in the others?

I try very hard to let each one be its own THING, but yeah. Slight things I learn, or changes I make to the way I approach things, etc.

Helps a lot

Also fuck I feel like I've gotten so much better at communication in the past year. SO MANY PROBLEMS can be solved by sitting down and just talking about shit, however uncomfortable it may be in the moment.

Also I'm a huge sap so having 4 people to pour love at helps me keep from being too smothery I guess

• Options
    DrZiplock wrote: »

Thanks! I haven't cooked any of these things before

All three of them are cleaned and ready to cook

Yeah you CAN broil them all but I feel like crab cakes would do well in a lightly buttered pan maybe? If you don't mind some active time. Probably want to bake/broil the stuffed shrimp and the lobster if it's not cooked yet can be butter poached and you can feel like royalty

• Options
    i am kind of sad because my best friend of late, who used to try and get me to hang out like every week or multiple times a week (and sometimes he felt too needy about that), has been dating person since the summer, and i am glad for him because he is happy; and is spending almost all his time with her
    but now i've barely seen him outside of work, (luckily?) i work at the same company as him now and he is on my floor so we have that

he admitted unprompted that he has been a bad friend of late

and i know there is the honeymoon period of new infatuation but now it's been 3/4 of a year and they've had chances to travel together for a while and all... but i want some attention and friendship back

but at the same time i don't want to try too hard or put pressure. for most of our friendship though he was always kind of the lazy one and i was the one who was inviting him out to things etc, and often had to drag him or convince him to go to other social activities or events, which he always enjoyed but convincing him to do things has been a feature of the friendship

and i accepted that i was the one who did most of the work in it, though it was tiring

it helps now that he stopped smoking weed for the last 4 months or so though, as that was a big factor before

but anyway, he still promised he'd go on friend a trip with me (i tried in past year) but he is a self proclaimed commitment phobe. we chatted a bit about where to go, and he said he wanted to go to spain. I was so so on it since i've been to europe a lot lately. but yesterday i saw cheap cheap direct flights to madrid, and tried to convince him to go, and he was like it is tempting but I am scared to commit. and it is sad, and i'm kind of sad about it all in general.

i know to some degree it's normal

but oh well

i guess i can be sad about it

*shrug*

poo
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I prefer a sort of boss rush scenario where I just fail to date a bunch of women individually in rapid sequence

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I prefer a sort of boss rush scenario where I just fail to date a bunch of women individually in rapid sequence

Well I'm stealing that name if I ever want to host a speed-dating event at a gaming convention.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Isn't that just speed dating, but more depressing?

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I think polyamory is rad and love saying "polycule" but I am working at peak performance just emotionally processing a relationship with a single person, I ain't got no emotional threads available for more romance.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    i also need to work on that self love thing

that's difficult

poo
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I cant do a relationship much less multiple simultaneously. Too much stigma on mental health and disability. Can't date.

• Options
    There's a lot of circumstances out there that make different kind of relationships (or any relationship) hard or unfeasible or outright impossible for some folks.

Just know that regardless, you are worthy and you are loved and that you are deserving of love and happiness. You are valid, and your worth as a human is not determined by your bank account, your work output, or how many fights to the death you've lost.

Y'all are great and good and grand and I have nothing but love for the lot of you

<3
    Happy Valentine's Day from your made up forums swamp girlfriend

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnLol5gJWj4

it's Valentine's Day, so that means I've been listening to the Mountain Goats, and now you are too

happy valentine's day !

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Man, even cows are getting more play on dating apps than I am.

Tudder is a phenomenal name for a cow dating app tho gotta be honest.

This discussion has been closed.