Options

Neighbors are the worst

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    The first summer after we moved to this house my daughter was 2, and started talking to the older lady who lives next door to us through/over the fence. She could already talk really well so the lady was tickled by the conversations they would have. When Halloween rolled around they had a special package waiting for the kiddo to come by for, which turned out to be the opening salvo between us. My daughter and I baked them a bunch of holiday goodies that they enjoyed a lot.

It just grew from there over the last few years. The adults don't actually talk or interact much, but those two continue to talk over or through the fence when they're both out back playing/working, and most major holidays they've put together a gift package for her and we keep making them tasty treats, to the point that they don't even make any goodies of their own around Christmas anymore.

A far cry better than when I was a kid and a new family moved in across the street who called me a queer slur for wearing a rose colored T-shirt, within the first month of them being there.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    The people in the apartment next to mine that fed the stray cats moved out and I am so glad.

Growing up my back yard was adjacent to the city cemetery. Good neighbors, very quiet.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    My one neighbour lent me his landscaping rake and the other cut my grass one time so they are alright

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    oh, loud argument neighbor has a son who does the lawn shirtless

so that's cool.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

so that's cool.

How's the bod?

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Is he singing INXS?

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Is he singing INXS?

God dammit he should be!

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular

so that's cool.

How's the bod?

radical. Watching his muscles move as he pushes the lawnmower is like looking into a snake nest

and his hair is all long and he'll brush sweaty strands away from his eyes, which are green like jade

I think I might have given myself the vapors

what does the vapors feel like

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    My neighbors in my apartment complex are generally pretty chill and keep to themselves. The people below my apartment recently got a new sound system for their TV and I often hear them playing Call of Duty or whatever very loudly into the evening hours, but they're usually good about stopping when our building's quiet hours start. One day he asked me if I was the person that lived above them and apologized for the noise. I think someone must have complained and he assumed it was me, but I haven't reported the noise myself, not yet anyway.

Our next door neighbors are a continual nightmare of adults yelling obscenities at their children and their children screaming, and while the cops have been over there a few times, I don't think they're physically abusive. They just yell a lot, in general, and occasionally at their kids. Their kids scream in general, not just when being yelled at.

• Options

so that's cool.

How's the bod?

radical. Watching his muscles move as he pushes the lawnmower is like looking into a snake nest

and his hair is all long and he'll brush sweaty strands away from his eyes, which are green like jade

Ahhh... Youth

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

so that's cool.

How's the bod?

Listen, I didn't know you were neighbors with my dad but thank you very much for the compliments.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    My neighbors text asking if we wanna hang out a few times a week and then they come over and bring a ton of weed, it rules

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    One of my neighbors (townhouse apartment layouts) smokes out back a lot and it comes in through the windows which sucks, especially when it's cigarettes. I kind of have gotten used to it when it's weed, but the cigarettes just linger and fill the house worse. Once it's legal to buy commercially maybe I'll join in (I'm too old and uncool to know where to get weed myself, but trying it once is on my bucket list).

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I, like Raijin, am the bad neighbor

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I tried it twice at the behest of my then girlfriend. Thought I would cough up both lungs.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    My life goal is to build a brick wall around my property. Mainly so my dogs /children can run free and my fruit trees don't get ravaged by deer.

But also so I never have to see neighbors ever again.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    weed smoke tends to be harsh

this is mitigated by water pipes and bongs and stuff

I still cough when I get a gnarly hit of that good green stuff, though

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    We barely ever talk, but my neighbours are quite lovely and we often take each other's bins out for rubbish day when the other forgets.

Also sometimes I can faintly hear them having sex when I let my dogs out for a wee at night, which is pretty awkward.

• Options
    My life goal is to build a brick wall around my property. Mainly so my dogs /children can run free and my fruit trees don't get ravaged by deer.

I've always wanted to live in a monastery

brick me up in there with you, I'll take care of your fruit trees and maintain beehives and make mead and stuff

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    As a smoker, can confirm cigarette smoke is the worst.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Also sometimes I can faintly hear them having sex when I let my dogs out for a wee at night, which is pretty awkward.

This, but it's not faint. It's quite loud. Dude seems to favor a sort of jackhammer style. His partner seems to enjoy it in a vocal fashion so uh good for them. Wish the walls were a bit thicker.

• Options
    Tonkka wrote: »

I find the smoke of the cigarette soothing, but I think it's because of sense memory. It reminds me of safe times with my poppy (grandpa on my mom's side) and my grandma (on my dad's side).

nothing smells worse than stale cigarette smoke though.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    weed smoke tends to be harsh

this is mitigated by water pipes and bongs and stuff

I still cough when I get a gnarly hit of that good green stuff, though

baby lungs

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »

I find the smoke of the cigarette soothing, but I think it's because of sense memory. It reminds me of safe times with my poppy (grandpa on my mom's side) and my grandma (on my dad's side).

nothing smells worse than stale cigarette smoke though.

Yeah. When I smell fresh cigarette smoke I think "Oh, it's Thanksgiving like ten years ago." When I smell stale cigarette smoke, I think "I need to keep one hand on my drink at all times."

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I smell any kind of smoke and my opinion of whoever's making it tends to drop a couple notches because all my life smoke in the air has meant my mother is about to go into an asthma attack of varying severity and after a certain point subsequent events basically activate the fight or flight reflex immediately.

• Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    My neighbours shot moose and then made the moose into moose jerky and shared it with me. Now they are moving away and some young couple is shackling up next door, boo!

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Don't really know my neighbors, but the neighbors across the street from me who moved in 5 or 6 years ago like to ride their ATVs and dirtbikes during the wee hours of the morning, put a giant TRUMP 2016 sign on the side of their house, and last New Years had a very long, VERY LOUD drunken argument in front of their house at like fucking 4 AM

Just trying to sleep and all I can hear is "no, you're an asshole!" "no, you're an asshole!" "NO! YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE! ASSHOLE!

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    My current neighbors are so good that I'm starting to think I'm the asshole neighbor.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I'm on a corner and opposite a park, so I've only got three neighbors (one just overlaps in the back for like 10 feet).

Backdoor neighbors are nice but quiet and keep to themselves. Indian family. We're pleasant with one another, might join a weekly volleyball game with the father.

Other backdoor neighbors are a family with 3 teenagers, all very nice folks. Girlscout cookies, etc. Met them at a birthday party for the indian family, in fact.

Nextdoor neighbors we get along with, but it's... complicated. I won't get into details, but the husband of the family was kinda the rock from what I can tell, and he passed away in a workplace accident about half a year after we moved in. As time's moved on since then, various members of the family have had friction with one another in various ways and we're just starting at the "on the periphary, pleasant, but trying to avoid details because it's not our business" sort of thing.

Meanwhile, my wife and I are the annoying "for the love of God, take some of our fruit" neighbors.

• Options

I've always wanted to live in a monastery

brick me up in there with you, I'll take care of your fruit trees and maintain beehives and make mead and stuff

Well its more of a compound. I'd want to put a guest trailer towards the front which would be where the trees are anyway so sure.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    My neighbors are lighting off fireworks for no fucking reason other than to light off fireworks and it's scaring the cats and I hate them.

• Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    One late night I had been drinking. It was probably somewhere between 11 and 1. I was chatting with a friend on the phone outside and heard some Dave Mathews or some such similar music being played fairly loudly, which I assumed was from a couple of houses down.

"Someone is soft-rocking the FUCK OUT!" I told my friend, presumably in a voice that would not carry that far. As it turns out, it was my next door neighbor, who turned the music that wasn't actually bothering me down afterwards.

It has been years since this happened and I still think about it.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Neighbors.... my house is at the end of a cul-de-sac or dead end street so I have 9 houses or neighbors
    Well I live around a lot of rentals as back around 2008-2013 expect for my neighbor to my right no one lived in most of the other houses. Those shows that talk about how nature will take back stuff over time well various animals[ Coyotes, skunks, feral cats, tons of rabbits and tons of birds moved in and have yet to leave} The neighbor behind me to the right was feeding the cats and was getting aggressive notes about she should stop and why {they don't know what animals are in town as deer, cougars, and bears have been seen} The house behind me was a Meth house as for a few months it smelled like laundry detergents omnipresent. After they left bikers moved in and wrecked that house. The current people there have tired to set my backyard on fire 3 times and put up a screen so they don't have to look at my house from thier's

One house that I am a neighbor with for 1 and 1/2 feet has a pool and can see down into my yard and 3 others but is a noisy party house whom the other day threatened to call the cops on us for using a weedwacker at 1900
    Now my long time neighbor is a old man sliding into grumpy
    Now it's a tale of dumb shit as back my father lived he and my neighbor got into it over the neighbor trying to start a HOA {he had tired 3 times since I have lived here} After my father died he felt we were calling the yard police Environmental Concerns because he was watering his lawn all the time. I had no idea who to call there was other bad blood as came over once saying he owed him 15k for the lost value on his house because ours was looking bad. There are tons of dumb things he has done but he figured out though his church he could use someone he knew As he started to turn us in for weeds This is what I got arrested for weeds! yes I went to court over having weeds in my yard! Because of last year and having a shitty schedule I was unable to care for the yard well I was unable because I was used to be up a night and I don't feel doing the yard at 3am would be been nice to my neighbors But the yard police are asses one suggested that I sell the house and get an APT I told him that would be worse another one talked about the broken windows theory which I told him that was very racist but he just went on saying why he felt we were bad for the area

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    The neighbours in our house are all fine. Next house over (shared wall because buildings from the 50s) has a group of mid twenties women who I think have gotten into shouting matches with half the block maybe for regularly scheduling their parties on Tuesdays midnights.

• Options
    AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    There's a maintenance guy in the building who cuts planks of wood outside as soon as the weather is nice enough to have your windows open at night. At 8am. Damn you, saw guy.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    One of my neighbors is a registered sex offender who did something to a girl under 13. He moved in a few months after we did.

And as a father of a girl under 13, that's.... Great awesome cool cool cool I love it

Everyone else in the neighborhood is cool and we are friends with a few of them, one of them sends their kids to the same daycare lady as us, even.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Yeah there are more out there than you probably think. California has a website that lets you see the ones living near you. Not sure about other states.

https://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/Search.aspx

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    honovere wrote: »
    The neighbours in our house are all fine. Next house over (shared wall because buildings from the 50s) has a group of mid twenties women who I think have gotten into shouting matches with half the block maybe for regularly scheduling their parties on Tuesdays midnights.

Oh fuck that shit.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I don't bother to get to know my neighbors, since I live in an apartment with decent turnover. (There's 4 colleges within about 10 miles.)

I'm sure they're nice, other then the occasional loud-ass dog, but meh.

sig.gif
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    My neighbours have a trampoline and let me tell you them neighbour children like them some trampoline, they live to tramp it up! They'll tramp for hours day and night sometimes they'll put their cat on the tramp, one time there was a bunch of fruit on the tramp! Oranges and apples and neighbour children just trampin, sometimes they tramp in the dark after the sun goes down, you can't see em but you know they're trampin, you can hear that ol tramp