As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    The Guitarmos fight in Cadence of Hyrule was just crazy fun. I would definitely like to play that one again.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    DaveTheWaveDaveTheWave Registered User regular
    So apparently the Switch version of Bloodstained doesn't run so well and of course it's too late to change my platform as a backer. Thanks Konami.
    The last bit is a joke.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    One thing I love is that the Switch is now the home of a huge assortment of fantastic RPGs, both old and new. A portable RPG machine. I'm ok with this. Bring on more!

The main thing really about the switch retro RPG selection is that it is a bit odd.

For snes era games we have Mana Collection (so one game for historical purposes, one snes classic, one newly translated snes game), Romancing Saga 2 (another newly translated snes game) and then... The genesis collection which has a bunch of RPG games which are mostly relevant for historical purposes and then probably Phantasy Star IV, Shining Force 1+2, and Beyond Oasis for games a modern rpg gamer would probably actually want to play through.

Its not a bad collection of 16 bit RPGs, but its a bit of an odd list with no really big hits and a lot of underappreciated classics.

And then for some reason there are ports of every single player final fantasy game released between 7 and 12 but none of the 16 bit ones.

I only recently learned about all the FF ports (have thought about playing them, I've dabbled in all of them but never really invested myself) but I didn't know about the genesis collection. I didn't pay attention to the period where apparently this system exploded (am following everything now as this continues) and I continue to hear about ports and stuff I totally missed. crazy.

edit - I have disgaea 1 on switch, haven't gotten 5 yet because I was neveer sure if it was on the level of quality of 1 (which I loved on ps2) but this is some very sad news. sounds like the quality stayed there and regardless,it's a company I've gotten a lot of enjoyment from over a lot of years.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    One thing I love is that the Switch is now the home of a huge assortment of fantastic RPGs, both old and new. A portable RPG machine. I'm ok with this. Bring on more!

The main thing really about the switch retro RPG selection is that it is a bit odd.

For snes era games we have Mana Collection (so one game for historical purposes, one snes classic, one newly translated snes game), Romancing Saga 2 (another newly translated snes game) and then... The genesis collection which has a bunch of RPG games which are mostly relevant for historical purposes and then probably Phantasy Star IV, Shining Force 1+2, and Beyond Oasis for games a modern rpg gamer would probably actually want to play through.

Its not a bad collection of 16 bit RPGs, but its a bit of an odd list with no really big hits and a lot of underappreciated classics.

And then for some reason there are ports of every single player final fantasy game released between 7 and 12 but none of the 16 bit ones.

I only recently learned about all the FF ports (have thought about playing them, I've dabbled in all of them but never really invested myself) but I didn't know about the genesis collection. I didn't pay attention to the period where apparently this system exploded (am following everything now as this continues) and I continue to hear about ports and stuff I totally missed. crazy.

edit - I have disgaea 1 on switch, haven't gotten 5 yet because I was neveer sure if it was on the level of quality of 1 (which I loved on ps2) but this is some very sad news. sounds like the quality stayed there and regardless,it's a company I've gotten a lot of enjoyment from over a lot of years.

1, 4, and 5 are the good ones as story goes, though mechanics are consistently tweaked and generally improved each game.

If I had to rank them, 1=4>5>>2, haven't played 3 or D2 to include those.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Picked up the Genesis collection because it was on sale.

A few thoughts:

1. Shining force 2, phantasy star IV, Sonic 2, streets of rage 3 hold up really great.

2. Some of the other games I fondly remember are still good but not as much as I remember them being. Beyond oasis, streets of rage 2, gunstar heroes, shining force 1, the shinobi series come to mind - not bad games by any means but I definitely had some nostalgia glasses on. Some things I remember as being decent to good like golden axe or toejam and earl just don’t hold up at all to me now.

3. Man there were some shitty first party genesis games. Like a lot of these are flat out terrible.

I am tempted to pick up the castlevania and contra collections but I am pretty sure #2 is going to apply to most of the games in them too.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

A few thoughts:

1. Shining force 2, phantasy star IV, Sonic 2, streets of rage 3 hold up really great.

2. Some of the other games I fondly remember are still good but not as much as I remember them being. Beyond oasis, streets of rage 2, gunstar heroes, shining force 1, the shinobi series come to mind - not bad games by any means but I definitely had some nostalgia glasses on. Some things I remember as being decent to good like golden axe or toejam and earl just don’t hold up at all to me now.

3. Man there were some shitty first party genesis games. Like a lot of these are flat out terrible.

I am tempted to pick up the castlevania and contra collections but I am pretty sure #2 is going to apply to most of the games in them too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hihEhsdwiIk

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    The Guitarmos fight in Cadence of Hyrule was just crazy fun. I would definitely like to play that one again.

I enjoy the game, but besides the Gleeokonspiel, I don't feel like any of them were very challenging. The Wizzroboe in particular is a chump. Trust me, I don't play games very well, but I beat 3 of the 4 pre-Hyrule Castle bosses in one go.

• Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular

A few thoughts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hihEhsdwiIk

As a kid playing Altered Beast, I was a little freaked out at first getting the power-ups. Every time you'd get a power-up orb, the dude loses his clothes. Once you're in the underwear, I didn't want to get another power-up orb.

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    On the topic of NIS going under, I can't say I'm surprised. While I enjoy their games, they've always felt like a bit of a scummy company to me. Once they started making a name for themselves in the west, they started publishing games for other smaller Japanese devs that didn't have the resources to publish outside of Japan just like Atlus did for them, but unlike Atlus you'd never know because they always do everything they can to avoid crediting the original studios. For years I thought they were the developer of the Atelier games because Gust's name was nowhere to be found on the games NIS published.

On the subject of the IP being bought by Atlus: It wouldn't be Atlus buying the IP, but Sega (as Sega owns Atlus now). Sega has been the Batman of bigger publishers; I think it's probably the best thing that could happen if NIS does go under.

I don't know how much I care though; I don't really care about NIS' IP. Disgaea games aren't fun to me because they're set in the Disgaea universe, but just because of the kind of games they are. Would a different studio be able to capture the weird grindy turn based strategy magic that NIS' games are known for? They're really the only devs who make games that are anything like what they do.

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    So I got an interesting reaction from my wife when I bought Celeste on the weekend

Context:

Daughter's name is Celeste

I was browsing last week's Switch sales when, of course, Celeste came up. I'm not a big platforming guy, but when I scrolled past CeIeste (the game), Celeste (the child) exclaimed "hey! That's my name!". My wife was in the room and just raised her eyebrows at me basically to say "well, you stepped in it now". I saw the acclaim Celeste (the game) got and saw it was 50% off, so I said what the hey and pushed the button.

Anyways, started playing at first with child in the room, no problems. However, after Celeste (the child) went to bed, I continued up to about chapter 3, where

Celeste early game spoilers:
    Dark Madeleine
    is introduced.

At this point Celeste (the game)'s theme becomes clearer.

As the level progresses (further spoilers):
    Dark Madeleine continuously needles Madeleine and tries to urge her to give up, tells her she's useless and pathetic, etc etc.

Further context: My wife has been fighting chronic depression her entire life

From behind me, I hear "Turn that off, right now, and don't ever play it in front of our daughter again"

Taken aback, I comply.

While what ultimately happened was a bit uncomfortable between my wife and I, I couldn't help but marvel at how affecting that game is. Take from that what you will.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular

A few thoughts:

I actually thought SOR2 held up the best in the series. Beyond Oasis also still held up for me, but I completely agree there are a lot of games in the collection that don't (arcade ports especially). I had never played Shinobi 3 and really liked that one. I just wish they'd do dlc and add Ecco or Eternal Champions.

I picked up the Castlevania collection last night and so far I'm loving it. I know I'll probably not put much time into 2 or the first GB game but 3 and Bloodlines so far are still terrific. I never played much of IV either (didn't have a SNES) so I'm looking forward to that.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Whoa whoa which games on the Genesis collection are terrible?! :razz:

Phantasy Star 2 I will give you due to the camera and dungeons. Better not be talking about Sword of Vermilion though. I guess it does take a little time to get going and get in a groove but I still find it solid.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Dark Souls on Switch is the best. That is all. I've replayed DkS2 so many times but if it comes to the Switch I'll buy it too!

Also on Genesis talk, I remember being so hyped for Beyond Oasis when I was a kid. Finally sat down to play it a couple of years ago and oooff..that game did not age well.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    So apparently the Switch version of Bloodstained doesn't run so well and of course it's too late to change my platform as a backer. Thanks Konami.
    The last bit is a joke.

Source?

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular

Phantasy Star 2 I will give you due to the camera and dungeons. Better not be talking about Sword of Vermilion though. I guess it does take a little time to get going and get in a groove but I still find it solid.

I'm not a great judge of RPGs so I wouldn't feel right saying they are good or bad. But I could use one less Columns game, Thunderblade, Space Harrier, and Galaxy Force have aged terrible on the Genesis, and the port of VF2 isn't great. Also while Golden Ax and Altered Beast have aged really bad, Golden Ax 3 is legit a horrendous game.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    The last bit is a joke.

Source?

The only one I can think of was the demo kiosks at PAX East having overheating issues and running into performance issues that way, but it's up to you if you believe that it was only because of the overheating. Switch version is known to be capped at a lower frame rate (30 FPS).

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular

Oh Sporky, Sword of Vermilion was horrible back when it was new. I even beat the game as a kid and I still thought it was horrible. :P

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    rndmhero wrote: »
    Actually do here's a thing that was a key down from e3 - no sequel to Mario + rabbids announcement!

I liked how the DLC (despite the awkwardness of "Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle - Donkey Kong Adventure" as a title) created new mechanics, weapons and characters based on the Donkey Kong games. I'd love to see more of that going forward with any sequel; expand it out and have different Nintendo worlds.

Mario + Rabbids desperately needed some kind of randomization to add replayability. I loved the game, but once you beat it, that was kind of it. In comparison to XCOM, where you can spend 100s of hours replaying the campaigns, because it unfolds differently each time.

I'd definitely enjoy procedurally venerated maps ala xcom in it. Minus some balance quibbles and how locked down your team special was though, I found it way way stronger than xcom mechanically. Dashes and the class 0/50/100 on shots made the tactics way more enjoyable

There are two things that I need for the Mario + Rabbids sequel: Let me get rid of Mario from my party, 4-character teams. 3-character teams without being able to remove Mario was entirely too restrictive.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Supposedly the reason we're getting a Breath of the Wild sequel is because the dev team had too many ideas for DLC.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular

I'm not a great judge of RPGs so I wouldn't feel right saying they are good or bad. But I could use one less Columns game, Thunderblade, Space Harrier, and Galaxy Force have aged terrible on the Genesis, and the port of VF2 isn't great. Also while Golden Ax and Altered Beast have aged really bad, Golden Ax 3 is legit a horrendous game.

Yeah, I would agree with these. Most of the old sega arcade games just don’t hold up at all. In rpg terms, sorry but I just never thought the first 2 genesis phantasy stars were any good nor sword of vermillion even back then.

I felt like Streets of rage 2 just felt a bit sluggish compared to 3. Not having dash on all characters hurts a lot. I know 2 has other strengths over 3 but 3 the controls just feel a lot better. I felt its in the same category as shining force 1, where its a good game but the lack of modern features hurts it.

I think shinobi 3 and gunstar heroes just are great games in a genre I don’t care for, so it is what it is there.

Beyond oasis I had good memories if but the controls just feel really rough now. Same with the isometric adventure games line landstalker and light crusader. They just don’t hold up like say Zelda 3 or Illusion of Gaia.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Oh Golden Axe, I remember I played that on the Genesis at a friend's house and thought it was the best game every. Fast forward a few years, I'm still like 11 years old, but I get it on a pirated floppy for our 386 PC, and I thought it was terrible.

That game has been terrible for a long time :P

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    The last bit is a joke.

Some guy on Reddit got it early and says it runs great.

Early impressions are that Bloodstained is great and didn't become another Mighty No. 9.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    So apparently Astral Chain has 2 player couch co-op, where player 1 is the Cop and player 2 is the Stand Legion.

Takahisa Taura:

“You may have noticed that the characters are connected by a chain. That’s not to say that I have a thing for chains, or anything, but that when you’re controlling two characters, that chain allows you to see where the other character is in relation to the one that you’re controlling.”

“I thought as I was developing the game that, of course, it could be made into that kind of system where it could be split up, but generally what I wanted to do is have one player control two characters at the same time. But the Switch actually has this great feature where, obviously, you can detach the Joy-Con and share play. We wanted to take advantage of that as well.”

“But this game is different from that. Because you don’t just have one person doing assists. Both players actually have to put effort into controlling the characters and playing the game.”

“If you’re going for a high score, it’s challenging to do this, playing in two-player. As one example, while you’re playing the game, there are several synchronous moments where you’re doing attacks with the Legion at the same time. And if you’re playing two-player, the other player and you—actually, it’s almost like you would actually have to be of the same mind.”

“But it’s not just that it’s hard. If you’re sitting next to somebody and playing this game, it’s also really fun.”

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    So I got an interesting reaction from my wife when I bought Celeste on the weekend

Context:

I was browsing last week's Switch sales when, of course, Celeste came up. I'm not a big platforming guy, but when I scrolled past CeIeste (the game), Celeste (the child) exclaimed "hey! That's my name!". My wife was in the room and just raised her eyebrows at me basically to say "well, you stepped in it now". I saw the acclaim Celeste (the game) got and saw it was 50% off, so I said what the hey and pushed the button.

Anyways, started playing at first with child in the room, no problems. However, after Celeste (the child) went to bed, I continued up to about chapter 3, where

Dark Madeleine
    is introduced.

Dark Madeleine continuously needles Madeleine and tries to urge her to give up, tells her she's useless and pathetic, etc etc.

From behind me, I hear "Turn that off, right now, and don't ever play it in front of our daughter again"

Taken aback, I comply.

While what ultimately happened was a bit uncomfortable between my wife and I, I couldn't help but marvel at how affecting that game is. Take from that what you will.

Celeste is a game basically about anxiety and trying to come to terms with it. It's extremely good, but also I'm not sure how it would hit someone with depression.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »

Context:

Dark Madeleine
    is introduced.

Taken aback, I comply.

Celeste is a game basically about anxiety and trying to come to terms with it. It's extremely good, but also I'm not sure how it would hit someone with depression.

The game is about the creator's own battles with anxiety and his fight with it, and about learning to live with it and not letting it consume you or beat you - but also realizing that it's part of you, and you can't just shunt it off

https://kotaku.com/celeste-taught-fans-and-its-own-creator-to-take-better-1825305692

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular

Context:

Dark Madeleine
    is introduced.

Taken aback, I comply.

Not very well it seems, as I'm finding out.

To go a little further, as a mechanism to help her cope with her depression, my wife has taken to externalising and anthropomorphising her depressed self; we call her "Monica", the name of a horrible boss my wife once had. When my wife expresses some self-destructive thoughts, I'll say something along the lines of "hey, that's enough out of you, Monica", kind of as a tongue-in cheek way to get my wife to re caliber herself.

Needless to say, some aspects of Celeste's narrative may have hit a bit too close to home

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Picked up The Messenger and love love it. Was needing a little more forgiving metroidvania after finding i'm horrible at fighting the bosses in Hollow Knight. That and the long treks back to them to retry.

Messenger so far has save gates right next to bosses and that suits my inept style much better.

What other metroidvania's are out there that aren't overly punishing?

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Axiom Verge is absolutely fantastic! It's one of the better Metroidvania's out there I think.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Axiom Verge is absolutely fantastic! It's one of the better Metroidvania's out there I think.

Have that on my wishlist. Was never sure how much of a kick in the nuts it was so never pulled the trigger

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

Context:

Dark Madeleine
    is introduced.

Taken aback, I comply.

The game is about the creator's own battles with anxiety and his fight with it, and about learning to live with it and not letting it consume you or beat you - but also realizing that it's part of you, and you can't just shunt it off

https://kotaku.com/celeste-taught-fans-and-its-own-creator-to-take-better-1825305692

Nonetheless, I totally understand the mom not wanting to plant the seeds of it in her daughter.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »

Have that on my wishlist. Was never sure how much of a kick in the nuts it was so never pulled the trigger

Not very hard but I did end up having to use a guide in a few places.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Axiom Verge was okay. Didn't captivate me enough to try to 100% it, but I did beat it. I wouldn't recommend it at full price but worth nabbing on a sale.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    urahonky wrote: »

I'm ok with Hard to a degree. Just that Hollow Knight added that extra layer of frustration to the hard. That and i'm becoming an old and anything that lives on precision the way that game does gets overwhelming fast now lol

Mulletude on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

I'm ok with Hard to a degree. Just that Hollow Knight added that extra layer of frustration to the hard. That and i'm becoming an old and anything that lives on precision the way that game does gets overwhelming fast now lol

I haven't played Hollow Knight but I think I only died a few times in Axiom Verge. I loved the game alot... The soundtrack was wonderful.

• Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    After hollow knight, Steamworld Dig 2 is my favorite recent Metroidvania-ish game. It's got great presentation, and it's not difficult, but has a compelling gameplay loop that the low challenge seems fine.

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »
    Actually do here's a thing that was a key down from e3 - no sequel to Mario + rabbids announcement!

I liked how the DLC (despite the awkwardness of "Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle - Donkey Kong Adventure" as a title) created new mechanics, weapons and characters based on the Donkey Kong games. I'd love to see more of that going forward with any sequel; expand it out and have different Nintendo worlds.

Mario + Rabbids desperately needed some kind of randomization to add replayability. I loved the game, but once you beat it, that was kind of it. In comparison to XCOM, where you can spend 100s of hours replaying the campaigns, because it unfolds differently each time.

I'd definitely enjoy procedurally venerated maps ala xcom in it. Minus some balance quibbles and how locked down your team special was though, I found it way way stronger than xcom mechanically. Dashes and the class 0/50/100 on shots made the tactics way more enjoyable

There are two things that I need for the Mario + Rabbids sequel: Let me get rid of Mario from my party, 4-character teams. 3-character teams without being able to remove Mario was entirely too restrictive.

No argument there - I found I ended up running Mario, rabid Luigi and Luigi for well... Everything. It was just the strongest combo given the harsh character select restrictions.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    akjak wrote: »

Context:

Dark Madeleine
    is introduced.

Taken aback, I comply.

Nonetheless, I totally understand the mom not wanting to plant the seeds of it in her daughter.

They will be planted regardless just from the inevitability of having to deal with life, and I don't see how shielding her from tools that could possibly help her deal with it helps.../shrug. To each their own though.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    I just bought Celeste based on these last few comments. I have an anxiety issue--seeing a therapist starting in July--and I'm about to go on vacation in the Rocky Mountains. Seems perfect.

I died 97 times in Chapter 2, but I love the story.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    I finally ended my drought of being too busy to play video games (minus phone games :P) and turned on my Switch again last night for Cadence. It was pretty fun but MAN am I bad at it. After I died a couple times I kinda wanted to turn it off. I'll have to go back and try again later.

Then I booted up Mana Collection and god damn I missed Seiken 3. I thought about it and it's probably been about 17 years since I last played that which is crazy to me. As a side note, why the hell did I pick Angela to start with? God damn her attack is so slow (please remake fix the attack lag some characters have). At least I got Reisz (who they named correctly, thank you for not calling her friggin Lisa... always had to rename her in the fan translation :P) who is infinitely better. Also that game has such an amazing soundtrack. My cat was giving me funny looks when I started rocking out to it :P

Edit: I can't believe Mario Maker is like a week away T_T I really need more time to play all this stuff...

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I'm getting sick of wrestling with the joysticks on the normal controllers, since any direct replacements seem to be just as shoddy. Are there any third-party alternatives yet that have inherently better sticks?