As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] Servers are up, Patch 8.2 ahoy ! When did Azshara grow three extra eyes ?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    isn't shattered halls nerfed to hell now though so it's also unnecessary

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Hey now, I tanked both of those successfully back in the day as a warrior! And with only badge/kara gear. Shattered halls required a lot of tab targeting cleave spam, and black morass I think you would just designate someone to be the whelp killer.
    Yeah, Black Morass was never really a big issue, heroic or otherwise.

Shattered Halls was definitely the hardest, but not due to tank....that was the expansion I played as a Mage as opposed to my warrior and I became a hero multiple times with key frost novas / poly's. If you had proper CC, you didn't need a Pally there, either.

that might be the issue actually

No one in BFA is going to polymorph or trap mobs in shattered halls because of how the game design has progressed over the past 6 expansions.

We were making use of ice trap last night in shattered halls because the pulls were getting pretty nasty.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    isn't shattered halls nerfed to hell now though so it's also unnecessary

not the throwback heroic weekly event thing I don't think

running it at level 70 it's really not that difficult, heroic is still rough if you're trying to do it by the books though

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    A big difference is in TBC swipe on Bears had a 3 or 4 target limit and Thunderclap had a 1 higher target limit. Only paladins could hit unlimited targets with their AoE. Shattered halls had 6-8 enemy pulls if I am remembering correctly so you wanted to have some CC on the pull to avoid having everything just walk over and gank the healer. The damage wasn't the worst for the most part in the heroic version (Tempest Keep: The Botanica I remember as being heavy damage on the elmentals due to their melee being arcane damage not mitigated by armor), it was more of a question of how quickly you could lock things down so they don't kill the more fragile party members. All the TBC heroic dungeons got nerfed about a month or so into the expansion which also made them not as hard.

• Options
    Huh, unless they changed it since legion, I never found timewalking shattered halls to be very difficult. Not like timewalking arcatraz, that place has fucked me up a number of times.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    A big difference is in TBC swipe on Bears had a 3 or 4 target limit and Thunderclap had a 1 higher target limit. Only paladins could hit unlimited targets with their AoE. Shattered halls had 6-8 enemy pulls if I am remembering correctly so you wanted to have some CC on the pull to avoid having everything just walk over and gank the healer. The damage wasn't the worst for the most part in the heroic version (Tempest Keep: The Botanica I remember as being heavy damage on the elmentals due to their melee being arcane damage not mitigated by armor), it was more of a question of how quickly you could lock things down so they don't kill the more fragile party members. All the TBC heroic dungeons got nerfed about a month or so into the expansion which also made them not as hard.

as long as you have skull/x kill order I've never had an issue with adds

sunders on the first few, a thunder clap woven in between some cleaves, back to the skull and x to sunder them down

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I just remember in blood furnace back in early TBC if you got into a doorway and pulled them the cleaves would wipe the run

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I wish I had more time before work to do more of the new content today.
    That moment with the ship falling past you over the waterfall.... yikes. The opening cinematic with Azshara makes me wonder what the hell is going on.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I feel like the water walls around Nazjatar need to be about twenty times taller to sell this illusion of being on the sea floor.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Hmm what's that, a new big bad you say? And the Alliance and the Horde will have to put aside their differences and fight together to stop her? That's weird.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    Hmm what's that, a new big bad you say? And the Alliance and the Horde will have to put aside their differences and fight together to stop her? That's weird.

Gonna fall out of my chair laughing if the endgame happens the way that Bionicle Reddit poster speculated it would.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    I would much rather side with Azshara and N'zoth at this point.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    I'll side with anyone as long as they make Magni stop talking. My goodness, Blizzard, with all of your money you couldn't hire a better voice actor ?

• Options
    khadgar is the only well-voice-acted character in wow, change my mind

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    khadgar is the only well-voice-acted character in wow, change my mind

After hearing Gideon Emery in FF14, I've come to the conclusion that Blizzard fucking wasted his talents as Lor'Themar.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Is it just me or do some of the mobs in nazjatar hit like absolute trucks? I was questing around as disc and i probably would have died if i couldnt heal. Ill definitely need to farm full sets of benthic gear to send to alts before i can mess around there on them.

• Options
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    I think you're meant to hit up Mechagon first.

Not based on the quest order.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    The mobs are roughly the same on both. It's just designed for a fresh tier of gear. I can mow down mobs relatively easily on my 420 paladin as either Ret or Prot, and that's going to be Normal-raider level gear in a month or two.

• Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    I'm pretty jaded about wow at the moment, fed up with being led around by the nose to unlock flying.

But I gota admit I do like this Neri Sharpfin character in Nazjatar, cute with a good VA.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    Is it just me or do some of the mobs in nazjatar hit like absolute trucks? I was questing around as disc and i probably would have died if i couldnt heal. Ill definitely need to farm full sets of benthic gear to send to alts before i can mess around there on them.

I noticed a few avoidable abilities in there that chunk life. Also lots of passive elites littered about that actually fight like elites.

There is also the fact you are expected to have a bodyguard, so if you didn't hit that point yet you kind of need to tread lightly.

The zone also has excessive mob density that likely is because we will be flying soon enough.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Look up, Nazjatar sky is full of flying patrol mobs.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Fairchild wrote: »
    I kinda like Chen Stormstout, too.

Oculeth is another good one. You can tell his dialogue was written by someone who used to work with college professors.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I watched the Nazjatar cinematic.

How did Queen Azshara get her hands on the Tidestone of Golganeth?

Are the heroes of Azeroth really that irresponsible that they just left all of the pillars of creation laying around for literally anyone to come along and pick up after they cleared out the Tomb of Sargeras?

I feel like if it were actually me making the decisions, and not terrible Blizzard writers telling me what I did, I would have sent all those artifacts back either to the vault in Dalaran, or else I would have put them on my spaceship that had enough firepower on it to blow a hole in the Legion's main fortress.

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »

Are the heroes of Azeroth really that irresponsible that they just left all of the pillars of creation laying around for literally anyone to come along and pick up after they cleared out the Tomb of Sargeras?

I feel like if it were actually me making the decisions, and not terrible Blizzard writers telling me what I did, I would have sent all those artifacts back either to the vault in Dalaran, or else I would have put them on my spaceship that had enough firepower on it to blow a hole in the Legion's main fortress.

They'd just find a way to mcguffin it anyways.

"Some naga spy stole it from dalaran!"

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »

Yeah if the player had real agency it would be super dumb and irresponsible and doesn't make sense to leave important plotmajigs like that, but a lot of Blizzard's narrative structure relies on the player character effectively not giving a shit about <plot device> past the first run through.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    I'm pretty jaded about wow at the moment, fed up with being led around by the nose to unlock flying.

But I gota admit I do like this Neri Sharpfin character in Nazjatar, cute with a good VA.

For all intents and purposes they've long since removed flying from the game. It's just a toy now to play around with when you've fully conquered the world content. Love it or hate it - their reasoning being that flying breaks all of the world content by making everything just a point A to point B flight.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I personally would like flying to be available at max level every time, but flying coming in in the x.2 patch is a decent compromise. They still get a long run-up where everyone's hoofing it, but players still get a year or more of flying for old world content or material gathering.

• Options
    Zek wrote: »

For all intents and purposes they've long since removed flying from the game. It's just a toy now to play around with when you've fully conquered the world content. Love it or hate it - their reasoning being that flying breaks all of the world content by making everything just a point A to point B flight.

it pretty much is that right now

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    I still think that's a load of crap.

Cataclysm zones felt fine.

And honestly, so do all the zones you can fly in immediately now, even if they weren't designed for that.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Na, it's true. Flying pretty much wrecks questing / zone design because you can skip all over the place. Macguffin in a camp of bad guys? Land at a point where you only need to whack two dudes, loot, and leave. The only way to stop it is to design forest / cover everywhere so you can't fly anywhere important....which gets silly very fast in the other direction.

3clipse is right, it's a good compromise where it's at right now.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    They had a resolution in TBC for that with mobs that could instantly dismount you (town guards and the birds in the daily quest area on top of the plateaus in Terrokar),

Oddly enough it’s something they refused to carry forward to later expansions, outside of the auto-dismount in Wintergrasp.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    When the GHOST RECON: Wildlands guys can find solutions to the problem of open world player flight, the Blizzard guys can, too-- because come on now, this is Ubisoft, you've got to be able to out-think them-- I believe the problem has always been, as usual, that Blizzard just can't be bothered.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Na, it's true. Flying pretty much wrecks questing / zone design because you can skip all over the place. Macguffin in a camp of bad guys? Land at a point where you only need to whack two dudes, loot, and leave. The only way to stop it is to design forest / cover everywhere so you can't fly anywhere important....which gets silly very fast in the other direction.

3clipse is right, it's a good compromise where it's at right now.

bc and wrath were bad about this where you'd go back and forth to the same quest hub 2-3 times to first kill the guys, then kill a bigger guy, then loot a thing deep in. Vanilla had some like that, but the great majority of them had you work your way into the camp to get the item. BFA definitely improved on this design a wee bit.

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Anyone got a screen grab of the new world map with najatar and such?

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Anyone happen to use WoWAddonUpdater (python script off of github)? It stopped working earlier today. I really don't want to go back to the awful twitch client.

• Options
    I just manage my mods manually

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    I never had any problems with the Twitch app once it stopped being the Curse app.

This discussion has been closed.