Options

Gears of War: Live Action Film & Animated Series Coming to Netflix?

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    Anyone having a buggy time in campaign? I've experienced two soft locks where I couldn't proceed, both of which were eventually followed by the game hard crashing. I'm only 3 or 4 chapters in.

And now XBL is broken on top of all that.

I've had a couple times where it won't save (like the icon spins) and then eventually it just stopped loading. Seemed like losing connectivity to their severs preceeded both issues

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    fuckin.... so I get more ''early access'' time right? right? -_-

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    other than one crash on my first attempt at escape it has been pretty stable for me. 1 successful run out of 3, 1 fail was the crash but it never actually loaded, the other my teammate dropped out and the big enemy with the gigantic fuckin hammer is pretty tough to take down solo with little ammo. i do like the mode but i think it's going to need both more floors (i believe this was already stated) and maybe a different enemy layout. we'll see, still very early impressions

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    5 runs of escape a few rounds of KotH none of the post match will load

Also the difficulty selection doesn’t load

They really don’t get the whole NOT EVERYTHING needs to be online dependent

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Got my first win in Horde. . .by jumping into a game on Wave 35. I have no regrets. Though seeing what the game throws at you at that level even on Beginner. . .the advanced modes are going to be rough.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I bet those error codes don't link to what the fuck they mean, though. It boggles my mind error codes are still so shit in everything.

The game doesn't seem to like losing focus while loading, either. Which isn't too odd for alt-tabbing, but it's windowed! Suppose it beats Gear 4 crashing Nvidia drivers or losing control of your character for a few seconds at random.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    This game has the absolute WORST boss in the entire franchises history. I can't even imagine how bullshit this would be on insane.

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Anyone else had odd transitions like this?

Seems like it's expecting to take a lot longer to load and instead of finishing the transition just kind of skips it? I've had 3/4 instances of this so far.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Some of achievements aren’t tracking properly, like kills with relic guns not registering

Accessing the Xbox menu while in this game also causes a lot of problems, which is weird for a game made by Xbox. I’ve also had bosses become invisible or glitched and sometimes checkpoints and progress not trigger with characters just standing around. It’s quite annoying having to quit and reload checkpoints multiple times throughout a supposedly top tier game

I’m going to stop playing and leave it till after this weekend, I’m really loving the campaign and I don’t want my experienced ruined by these constant drop outs

Prohass on
  • Options

Seems like it's expecting to take a lot longer to load and instead of finishing the transition just kind of skips it? I've had 3/4 instances of this so far.

I think that's just how it is. Does the same thing on my Xbox.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    this game is outrageously pretty

• Options
    I've had the way forward close before I made it through it and the game teleport me ahead once it realized it. So at least they check for stuff like that.

• Options
    Weirdly, all of my collectibles and the time played / best times got reset.

Plus all my escape loadouts reset.

• Options
    Man boss spoiler for act 2 prior to act 3.

The matriarch is a real fucker of a fight. I almost wonder if it would be worse co-op because I assume she could kill your co-op partner one shot.

She does remind me of I think it was berserker fight? But god damn. I am real thankful they put hp bars in the game so I could see how close I was to killing the damn thing.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Weirdly, all of my collectibles and the time played / best times got reset.

Plus all my escape loadouts reset.

I don't want to say it's a known issue, but it's definitely happening to a lot of people.
    Preacher wrote: »
    Man boss spoiler for act 2 prior to act 3.

The matriarch is a real fucker of a fight. I almost wonder if it would be worse co-op because I assume she could kill your co-op partner one shot.

She does remind me of I think it was berserker fight? But god damn. I am real thankful they put hp bars in the game so I could see how close I was to killing the damn thing.

She's a she. I mean I guess that makes sense from the name. Everytime they pop up in multiplayer I think "What an odd choice of name. . ."

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular

This has been an issue since the first game that actively hid loading pauses, and loading periods, behind area transitions (for me, that'd probably be Tomb Raider or possibly Uncharted 2, I remember a lot less of the later). Even today, the majority of anyone playing a game like Gears 5 aren't using SSDs (and if they are, they aren't using particularly fast ones), having too little time to load in a new level chunk is a really weird problem to have.

You can run into it in some of the new Tomb Raider games too.

• Options
    I do have to say I really liked story spoilers from act 1 to act 2.

How we start with JD in a traditional gears like environment, and then you have the big reveal and kind of fuck up that creates tension and then we're on to Kait in a frozen environment with the partial open world stuff.

Just way better story development than gears have had in a while.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Another Gears of War game means another thorough DF analysis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BiQaRO2oco&t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaI2n6KIB-4

The PC analysis is less useful if you don't have a +$1000 video card and something in the area of a Ryzen CPU.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    I have a significantly less than a 1k card a CPU that's 5-6 years old, and I'm able to max the game out. Apart from some anomalous hitching here and there, the game's performance is remarkable.

• Options
    Zxerol wrote: »
    I have a significantly less than a 1k card a CPU that's 5-6 years old, and I'm able to max the game out. Apart from some anomalous hitching here and there, the game's performance is remarkable.

Considering how well it runs on the Xbox One--which is 6 years old now--one would hope so! As I said, DF (always) deals with a sub-1 percentile of gaming hardware in their analysis, so your mileage will vary.

What resolution are you running it on, if you mind me asking? I have a GTX 1080ti, but I haven't run the game on PC yet.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    It seems like everyone is all up in the Gears. I collected allot of the series, but never really got into it.

Is this more of an open world one?

• Options
    Krathoon wrote: »
    It seems like everyone is all up in the Gears. I collected allot of the series, but never really got into it.

Uhh yes and no? Like the majority of your gameplay will be behind cover shooting at enemies who are also in cover or have a lot of hps. But there are some brand new open world type segments with optional "quests" that have never been in a gears game.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Krathoon wrote: »

It is--but it's not open world. The DF video openly addresses this: as with many games transitioning with better tech, the world has opened up substantially, but if you're expecting things like fetch quests or 200 collectible items, you're in the wrong place. The best third-person shooting anywhere (that inspired all the other good ones on console) is getting more diverse, with a wider variety of weapons, more controllable vehicles, level deformation, etc., but it's still a third person shooter.

Comparison: If you never got into Uncharted, I doubt the 4th game would change your mind. But it's still the most refined, excellent version of that formula.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I guy I worked with was eagerly expecting Gears. It surprised me.

I am more into Control.

• Options
    OH yay, Gears 5 has to be reinstalled which means deleting it first it seems and then redownloading it! My saves better be there when it's done!

Sigh.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Did I read something somewhere about Gears 2 and 3 getting PC remasters, or was that traditional internet rumor?

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    klemming wrote: »
    Did I read something somewhere about Gears 2 and 3 getting PC remasters, or was that traditional internet rumor?

Internet rumor. They got Xbox One X updates, and that's it.

• Options
    I’m playing on a 970 and a Ryzen 2600

Mostly all on high and I’m getting 60 locked more or less I could probably go higher but I didn’t wanna keep running the bench to tweak setting to stay at 60

• Options
    Control is more technically impressive (I think?), but I feel Gears 5 looks better on XB1X. The environments are something else entirely, Control is an experience but you are going through that shape-shifting Brutalist office building the whole game (occasionally to other interiors). Hard to compare the two. Unlike Control GOW5 has HDR, if you have a display that uses it.
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    OH yay, Gears 5 has to be reinstalled which means deleting it first it seems and then redownloading it! My saves better be there when it's done!

Sigh.

Saves don't go away if you uninstall the game--at least on console. On PC, they should be cloud saved too.

• Options
    God damn am I tired of this not saving save bug bullshit going on with campaign. Like I enjoy the game I really do, but god damn is it annoying to get an inifinite save icon and then nothing saves.

This is probably just a console bug, but fuck sake microsoft how do you have such an obnoxious save bug ON YOUR OWN FUCKING PLATFORM!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Rod Ferguson posted thanking us for working through these launch issues

And I wanna be like motherfucker your games doesn’t work

It’s not launch issues it’s straight up broken

They should be giving all the players some fking iron for this crap

• Options
    Rod Ferguson posted thanking us for working through these launch issues

And I wanna be like motherfucker your games doesn’t work

It’s not launch issues it’s straight up broken

They should be giving all the players some fking iron for this crap

Yeah like this early access period is basically a server shakedown and if I'd paid the ultimate cost for this I'd be pissed.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Especially since the ultimate edition doesn't really come with much to justify the extra $20.

• Options
    And it sucks cause the game is really really fantastic.

but like im possible for me to play escape or horde cause either myself or others players get dropped mid match.

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    oh my god fuck xbox live fuck xbox fuck xbox live.

its so fucking hard to join up and talk to someone with the stupid pc app.
    i can't join pewpew to talk with him on horde because the apps says "I need ms-xbl-multiplayer link" in order to invite or join him in party... even though I just joined him thru gears5 to his horde game.
    fuck microsoft.

I'm NotoriusBen#3794 on discord

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I forgot just how exhausting Gears games can feel. I finished Act II and it was great, but I need a breather before I'm ready to jump back in with Act III.

Technical issues aside, the game seems great so far. It's a big step up from Gears 4. The quality and variety of gameplay is much better.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Synthesis wrote: »

Considering how well it runs on the Xbox One--which is 6 years old now--one would hope so! As I said, DF (always) deals with a sub-1 percentile of gaming hardware in their analysis, so your mileage will vary.

What resolution are you running it on, if you mind me asking? I have a GTX 1080ti, but I haven't run the game on PC yet.

1080pizzle cuz my monitor is poverty. This is on a 1070 and I'm able to get consistently above 60fps with ultra/insane settings.

Though about hooking up to my 4K TV for a taste of that sweet HDR color (which I hear is excellent in this game), but I ain't haulin my PC out to the living room.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    Control is more technically impressive (I think?), but I feel Gears 5 looks better on XB1X. The environments are something else entirely, Control is an experience but you are going through that shape-shifting Brutalist office building the whole game (occasionally to other interiors). Hard to compare the two. Unlike Control GOW5 has HDR, if you have a display that uses it.
    Xeddicus wrote: »

Sigh.

Saves don't go away if you uninstall the game--at least on console. On PC, they should be cloud saved too.

Yeah, they were cloud saved. Which I do not trust, wish microsoft wouldn't obfuscate and lock down the damn files/folders on Gamepass PC.

• Options
    I dunno. . .other than the stats not getting caught up yet, I haven't had any issues with the game today. Mind, I have only bothered with multiplayer, but that's been pretty stable today (I did have an issue where my squad was replaced with AI bots. . .and then everyone came back).

1080pizzle cuz my monitor is poverty. This is on a 1070 and I'm able to get consistently above 60fps with ultra/insane settings.

Though about hooking up to my 4K TV for a taste of that sweet HDR color (which I hear is excellent in this game), but I ain't haulin my PC out to the living room.

I feel like this was designed with the XBOX ONE X in mind first which is why it seems to have ridiculous performance on PC for modest systems. I am getting 60FPS with mostly HIGH settings on 1440P with a 3GB 1060.

• Options
    For people that asked about PC performance

w4MhXIm.png