Options

Let's get this [job] thread!

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Not one hour into my shift and two lines of wire have snapped, tangled, and ensured I will be working on repairing it for the next two hours.

I'm actually not even bothered. We're running low on stuff at the moment so even when I fix them I can't really start back up so I'm just going to do the bare minimum today and management can get fucked.

They want two people here trying to run a whole shop with shit like this that's what they get.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Don't do drugs on the motorway kids

You're not my dad!

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Don't do drugs on the motorway kids

You're not my dad!

It does seem unlikely, yes

• Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    teenage

I have identified the problem.

oh h*ck
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Sometimes my job is bogus, because it's a job and that's jobs.

But sometimes they close down the street and put a skatepark in front of my library and it's the best day.
    [img][/img]spi54oQl.jpg

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    I know I've been pretty darn stressed about my job over the last year or two so I wanted to share this. Yesterday my boss told me that I've been doing a fantastic job the last month or so and that he would be happy to hire me if he ever moved to a different branch.

I've been on anti-anxiety medicine for a couple weeks and making changes to my life for a couple months, it's incredibly exciting to see results.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I'd mentioned buying whiskey in here before, so it bears mentioning that I just bought a bottle of Eagle Rare and a cheap glass to drink it out of.

Gonna try that out tonight.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I'd mentioned buying whiskey in here before, so it bears mentioning that I just bought a bottle of Eagle Rare and a cheap glass to drink it out of.

Let us know how it goes!

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I left, like, $70 worth of booze at a friend's house last weekend and even though they're no more than fifteen minutes walk away I just ... Can't be bothered picking it up

Maybe tomorrow.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    I left, like, $70 worth of booze at a friend's house last weekend and even though they're no more than fifteen minutes walk away I just ... Can't be bothered picking it up

Maybe tomorrow.

I mean. Are you sure it's still $70 worth? At this point it might be $15 of alcohol you'll be picking back up.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    A couple of my friends once moved to Ireland, and I inherited their entire liquor cabinet.

The bad news is that the good whiskey was nearly empty. The terrible news is that the cherry Southern Comfort and marshmallow vodka were both damn near full.

That's the only time I've ever poured most of a bottle of liquor down the drain, and it was a terrible thing they did to me.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Maybe tomorrow.

I mean. Are you sure it's still $70 worth? At this point it might be $15 of alcohol you'll be picking back up.

Confirmed, $5 worth of alcohol to pick up.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Any alcohol left at someone’s house is 100% fair game the next day. It is the law.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular

Maybe tomorrow.

Right now I have no clue. Schrödingers liquor.

• Options
    webguy20 wrote: »

Let us know how it goes!

I’m gonna like, drop some water in it or something? Or a single ice cube? Or would that be too much?

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Nah, go for it. An ice cube isn't going to hurt good whiskey, and a little water definitely helps.

It's not like coffee, there's a very wide range of water ratios and temperatures that are just splendid.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular

Let us know how it goes!

I’m gonna like, drop some water in it or something? Or a single ice cube? Or would that be too much?

Try it however you like! My go to if I am sipping something is a single ice cube. See how it changes as it chills and dilutes

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular

Let us know how it goes!

depends on how you like it.

Normally, if it's cask strength (~56-57%), you'll want to add a bit of water to it after the first sip to learn how it blooms.

If it's already diluted in the bottle, it will probably be good directly from the bottle without water.

Ice cubes will melt providing a different taste over time, if you're not a fast drinker. Which can be a fun experience as well.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular

Let us know how it goes!

You can do all three if you want some fun. Try some neat, then add a couple drops of water to it and let it sit a minute, then taste again, then go full on icecube.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    A couple of my friends once moved to Ireland, and I inherited their entire liquor cabinet.

The bad news is that the good whiskey was nearly empty. The terrible news is that the cherry Southern Comfort and marshmallow vodka were both damn near full.

That's the only time I've ever poured most of a bottle of liquor down the drain, and it was a terrible thing they did to me.

I've had this before. It's not alcohol, it's fucking cough syrup. You did the world a favor.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Alternatively, you can have one of these as a way to drink whisky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOOzjDE1Uy8

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I feel like my biggest problem with those capsules is how big they are.
    Like the only time I'd have that much liquor in my mouth is while I'm doing shots, which I feel like isn't supposed to be the point with liquor like that?

• Options
    Psykoma wrote: »
    Like the only time I'd have that much liquor in my mouth is while I'm doing shots, which I feel like isn't supposed to be the point with liquor like that?

It sounded like near the end that the capsules contain a cocktail vs. straight whisky, so it's possible it's a distinctly different experience.

All I know is that it seems like a fairly cool idea. No word on how well it's being executed though.

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    I got yelled at on the weekend for not knowing "Sweet Caroline"
    Apparently that actually carries the death penalty in Massachusetts.

I once told a group of international grad students at a tailgate party that it was an alternate national anthem for white people
    I remain staunch in that assertion

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

Where's my $2 vodka capsules for butt chugging?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular

What's to stop you from emptying one into a glass?

• Options
    Sippin’ the whiskey

I think I have a cut on my tongue or something

But this stuff is nice, it’s got a good flavor

... I assume, anyway, I’m not well trained in whiskey flavors

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Sippin’ the whiskey

I think I have a cut on my tongue or something

But this stuff is nice, it’s got a good flavor

... I assume, anyway, I’m not well trained in whiskey flavors

Whatcha sippin?

• Options
    Eagle Rare!

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Eagle Rare!

Haven't tried that but I've heard good things!

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Anyone have a recommendation for cooking a lot of potatoes. Tomorrow is my day off and feel the need to cook for the week.

• Options
    I just like the simple roast potate

Peel ‘em, parboil ‘em, toss ‘em in with some duck fat and spices, like garlic & such, put them on a pan, roast at 375 f for about 15 minutes, flip them, roast about 10-15 minutes more

They’re crispy on the outside and nice and creamy-crunchy on the inside

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    My mind immediately went to "mashed potatoes" so strongly that I briefly forgot how they could otherwise be prepared and got confused when Moriveth started talking about roasting them

"...but Moriveth, that's not how you make mashed potatoes! What are you doing??"

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Calica wrote: »

What's to stop you from emptying one into a glass?

Or horking them down in handfuls

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    First day back to work tomorrow after a week off.

Why no, I'm not looking forward to it.

But I have Wednesday off for Yom Kippur. I might not even go into the office

Although, I have wool waiting for me.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Eagle Rare!

Eagle Rare is quality stuff. Still has the 10 year age statement on it, and it's still about $30. It's a really nice sipper.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »

Where's my $2 vodka capsules for butt chugging?

Did you check...

your butt?

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Eagle Rare!

Eagle Rare is quality stuff. Still has the 10 year age statement on it, and it's still about $30. It's a really nice sipper.

I'm a fan of it too. I bought it at first because it allegedly makes a solid old fashioned but somehow I suck at making those, so I mostly just drink it neat.

It's a nice contrast to my usual preference for peaty scotch

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Tam wrote: »
    I got yelled at on the weekend for not knowing "Sweet Caroline"
    Apparently that actually carries the death penalty in Massachusetts.

I once told a group of international grad students at a tailgate party that it was an alternate national anthem for white people
    I remain staunch in that assertion

Bump Bum Bum!

initiatefailure on