PeasPeas Registered User regular
    上野優華「迷子」Music Video 5:16
    https://youtu.be/ldq5JX5xkok

Found a pretty interesting and nice love song

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Thank you friends,

I will report back on my choice!

Whatever it is will involve a lot of red lipstick no doubt.

• Options
    Nothing says "festive fun" and "be my friend" like a profusely red mouth amirite ?

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    Nothing says "festive fun" and "be my friend" like a profusely red mouth amirite ?

Well yes that, or you're a vampire who just finished feeding.

One or the other!

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    porque no los dos

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I am wearing a Radiolab t shirt, which is both smart and casual.

I have outwitted all your snares, Fashion.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    One great aspect to living in the US is more freedom of choice re. clothing, I’m here for comfortable leggings and t-shirts

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    I would read "smart" as a wizard's robe or at the very least a mortarboard.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    Janson wrote: »
    One great aspect to living in the US is more freedom of choice re. clothing, I’m here for comfortable leggings and t-shirts

Can you elaborate ?

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    UK and other counties are a little more formal still with regards to clothing.

The clothes I wear every day here, that receive no second glances from people when I am out and about, make me feel under-dressed or too casual in the UK (and definitely fetch me some weird looks!)

I think there’s also a wider range of styles accepted at functions here, for example our work party had people turn up in everything from formal prom-style dresses to jeans and a t-shirt and yet no one looked out of place. I typically don’t worry about how I dress.

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    I would love to wear jackets and coats if only we don't die from wearing more than 2 layers of clothing over here

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    One of my favourite things about holidaying in SA is you can go to the fanciest restaurants and they are full of people in shorts and t-shirts. It's so chill.

• Options
    Janson wrote: »
    UK and other counties are a little more formal still with regards to clothing.

The clothes I wear every day here, that receive no second glances from people when I am out and about, make me feel under-dressed or too casual in the UK (and definitely fetch me some weird looks!)

I think there’s also a wider range of styles accepted at functions here, for example our work party had people turn up in everything from formal prom-style dresses to jeans and a t-shirt and yet no one looked out of place. I typically don’t worry about how I dress.

Ahh okay, gotcha! Thanks, that makes sense!

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I want to see more ladies dressed in crisp dress shirts with a tie and jacket. Fuckin' swoon city.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I'm not sure how many posting here at this point might know Fyndir, he hasn't posted since like 2015 or something but I think he did use this thread.

A few weeks back his flat burned down, he made it out with his phone. Last week they managed to find a few personal things that were very important to him, heirlooms like cuff links, etc, but everything else is pretty much gone. He's currently staying with his parents until he can get something more permanent sorted out. He gave me permission to mention it here last week and then I didn't remember to until now despite having talked to him several times since. :P

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Holy shit that sucks.

I remember he was very nice. I hope he gets something good sorted.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    dang, that's horrible! please pass along our condolences and well wishes

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2019
    I forgot, it was also like the day before the election.

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    oh wow, that sucks. He’s a cool dude. We had a nice time in Bristol years ago.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Shit, that's awful. Fyndir is good people and I was sad when he left. Glad he wasn't hurt but that is a shitty thing to have to deal with.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Oh that absolutely fucking sucks. Poor guy!

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    I told someone tonight they have “low self esteem” based on something they told me but I meant it in a past tense and in a positive way and I didn’t explain myself well and even though she is saying it’s all good she is angry with me. Something has died here. Fuck me. I’m such an idiot.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Calm down. Sincerely apologise.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    She asked me not to apologize.

edit: which I had already done profusely but I guess I annoyed her with that too.

Drez on
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Ok so give her a little time if she's legit mad at you. If she's a good enough friend it'll be fine, respect what she wants right now.

You sound sincere enough. This shouldn't be a huge issue.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    She already forgave me

But I have a real problem with the idea that I upset her to the degree that her initial reaction suggested. And the thing is I’m trying to figure out if I’m upset because she disliked what I said or if my assessment was unfair or if even if it was true should I have said and honestly my brain is burningz

I have some real issues. No wonder I can’t be in a goddamned relationship.

Drez on
  • Options
    My dude

Just take a deep breath.

As a chronic over thinker myself you are hella over thinking. Sometimes you piss people off. It happens. It sucks but it happens. All you can do is apologize and respect their space if they need it and then move on. It's not the end of the world. You're both adults, you'll both handle it like adults, you'll both be fine in a few days.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    I think I have a lot of issues and one of them is feeling like my relationships are so fragile that they can’t survive even the slightest bit of negativity. I need to work on that.

Drez on
  • Options
    ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    My ex's mom reached out to me. Must be because of the holidays.
    She's a great woman and I love her like if she were my own mom, but she asked me to go and visit. I would have totally done it... if only to see her, but my ex lives with her now and it didn't sit right with me so I let my ex know and she shot the idea down.
    I knew that was the end result, but it still kind of brought my mood down in a funk during a time when the holidays are a bit lonely already.

I shouldn't be saying I'm lonely though. I'm with family and they are the best and this Christmas was great even though most of my family was sick with some sort of a cold.

Armoroc on
  • Options
    I wish I could remember the last time I didn’t feel like a total asshole.

• Options
    Sorry, Armoroc.

• Options
    ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Drez wrote: »
    Sorry, Armoroc.

It's ok? I hope that you feel better :)

I sometimes need to de-stress and watching a movie, show, or going for a hike helps a lot.

Tomorrow is my day off and I want to go hike the local mountain in the morning. I just hope it doesn't rain!

Armoroc on
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Holy shit my auto pay on my internet disconnected too apparently and they turned it off what the hell is going on

Edit: at least with my internet I told them my new move in date and activation time was September. The account didn't get billed or activated until... November 11. So I've had internet for almost 4 months I've not been billed for and the auto pay wasn't active so when they did finally bill me I missed a payment and they turned it off.

I am very confused. I want to be pissed off but apparently I got 4 months of free internet so... I don't know. I do not know how to feel.

Juggernut on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Aside from the unfortunate news that I do have to work tomorrow, I am pretty sure this is going to be the best NYE I will be experiencing this far in my life. I am working from home so we can meet up and take the light rail downtown when I get done. At her suggestion (she has the best ideas) get falafel and grab a drink somewhere before the show.

Then go to one of the best venues in Seattle, The Showbox, and see Thunderpussy (my idea) and rock the fuck out until midnight and possibly beyond. She's going to San Francisco to visit friends for a week the next day, but her dogs will have been dropped off by then and we'll have the entire night and next morning to ourselves.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Hey, this sunlight lamp feels good

Thanks @Janson and @Moriveth

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    so uhm

i guess i have a girlfriend going into next year.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    so uhm

You better follow her!

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Kadith wrote: »
    so uhm

You better follow her!

At a distance that respects her personal boundaries, of course!

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Hmm, I’ve always been told women don’t appreciate being followed.

This discussion has been closed.