As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Take some [photos] and show me them

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    9l4n1eol6cb1.jpeg
    Pic my girlfriend took of me at Third Beach yesterday.

I keep seeing this pic and expecting to see a toppled Statue of Liberty near the cliff.

Whereas I'm pretty sure those rocks just next to the cliff point the way to One-Eyed Willy's trapped ship full of treasure...

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I know that something like 80 percent of people live within an hour's drive of the coast, but it's always seemed magical to me. You can just go to the actual ocean during a spare afternoon whenever you want to. If I drive 8 hours I can maybe see the Gulf of Mexico, but some goddamn Houston suburb is probably going to be in the way. I have maybe seen the ocean a dozen times, but definitely not two dozen.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I know that something like 80 percent of people live within an hour's drive of the coast, but it's always seemed magical to me. You can just go to the actual ocean during a spare afternoon whenever you want to. If I drive 8 hours I can maybe see the Gulf of Mexico, but some goddamn Houston suburb is probably going to be in the way. I have maybe seen the ocean a dozen times, but definitely not two dozen.

Move to Perth! We have some of the best beaches on the planet!

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Huh. I have just learned that my library degree is valid in Australia due to a reciprocal agreement between our respective library certification bodies.

I will remember this.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    I know I say this to everybody I try to convince to move here so you may think I'm not serious, but we have a spare bedroom you can use until you find a place to rent.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I posted this in another thread, but this is about, maybe an hour or so before the picture of me on the beach?

https://youtu.be/7kqImcrBzy0

Also I came here to post me being a PNW Indiana Jones knock-off.
    83032039_10158094133311255_3939836061114433536_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQnkh2sIfTuu4_xWivAbZeRu9Y6l7wBlQnT6U0PVpYLzbb1cZaEB_ZQ9u1xnVb5kt8M&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=d652f185ce526113eb5b40643e5c2618&oe=5E91E72E

And also throw this picture up because it has my new tattoo in it, though I have to get it touched up because the initial guy was super rough and it scared a bit.

82856622_10158094137821255_6486482377487941632_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_oc=AQmo312xngYarao8MjbNN3oQIHdpINKotziCjVjuhECxTxVDCu6CGb6bolLIO9zeOSU&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=94c79dc9008e0205c46b30fb28802476&oe=5ECE34B8

Weaver on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

I live 15 minutes from the ocean and as a result I never go there.

It’s comforting to know it’s there though.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I used to go surfing straight from the office. Very relaxing.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    How close to the beach is your new job?

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2020
    Baidol wrote: »

It’s not exactly the beach, but I could urinate in the pacific from the lab window.

(Looks like about a mile to the nearest public sandy bit)

tynic on
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    i'm sittting on the couch in my apartment and looking at the ocean right now

also i was just in olympic national park and it rocks

edit: looked up where i went and it was rialto beach, right next to there. the waves were indeed coming right up the beach and fucking us up, my friend got soaked by surprise. also we found a bald eagle and a dead seal

Crimson King on
  • Options
    tynic wrote: »
    Baidol wrote: »

It’s not exactly the beach, but I could urinate in the pacific from the lab window.

(Looks like about a mile to the nearest public sandy bit)

That's one hell of a powerful stream!

• Options
    edited January 2020
    i'm sittting on the couch in my apartment and looking at the ocean right now

also i was just in olympic national park and it rocks

edit: looked up where i went and it was rialto beach, right next to there. the waves were indeed coming right up the beach and fucking us up, my friend got soaked by surprise. also we found a bald eagle and a dead seal

Oh hey! The place we stayed is on the road down to Rialto. It's the first left once you go over the bridge.

Weaver on
  • Options
    rsyofi9ig97u.png
    Dang. Should have left my wipers up.

rdyhgukm9z5p.png
    Neighborhood kids sledding in the park. Not pictured: that weird dune buggy thing is just blasting Let It Snow over some pretty hoss speakers.

dhvnm3na9myb.png
    Dog Losing Interest In Me, Photograph, Winter 2020

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Excellent photos

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    nlrwxidxv14d.png

Three days ago this was a sledding hill. Vote David Holt for sled!

1vzlq9hl4tvq.png

Somebody remind me to come back and take this shot again when all the leaves come back.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    How do you guys get your photos from your camera to your compute? I thought Picasa was nice and easy. It would put them in folders based on the date they were taken and batch rename files but I discovered it does not handle RAW photos from my Canon DSLR very well. All the raw photos look washed out. I tried Darktable and RawTherapee but it was more confusing than I imagined to move them to my hard drive.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    How do you guys get your photos from your camera to your compute? I thought Picasa was nice and easy. It would put them in folders based on the date they were taken and batch rename files but I discovered it does not handle RAW photos from my Canon DSLR very well. All the raw photos look washed out. I tried Darktable and RawTherapee but it was more confusing than I imagined to move them to my hard drive.

I dump them through drop box. It's only ever a handful of photos at a time though.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    bho6ytvyqmv8.png
    Please ignore the dirty mirror. This is how I look for my date this evening

• Options
    Honk honk, baby!

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Looking fabulous my dude. I hope it's going well.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I hope you kept that pose for the entirety of your date.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I think it went very well! We spent 5 hours playing board games (she commented she never had a date last that long before).

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Plot twist: it was Monopoly and they never want to see each other again.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    No, but we did play Sorry! She wanted to. I won that one. She won Fluxx, I won Uno, we won Codenames Duet, she won Rummikub, and we took turns winning Zombie dice. Good times.

• Options
    That's why you always double date. So you can play Risk and make sure you're not dating the kind of treacherous monster who just holes up in Australia and waits for somebody to show weakness.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    That's why you always double date. So you can play Risk and make sure you're not dating the kind of treacherous monster who just holes up in Australia and waits for somebody to show weakness.

While technically true, honestly I'd side-eye anyone who enthusiasticly wanted to play Risk at all in this day and age.

Someone wants to break out a long, intimate one-on-one evening of War of the Ring, on the other hand...

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Baby tonight we're going to do it... allllll night

*begins unboxing Twilight Imperium*

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Steady on there, Mori, here I am suggesting the board game equivalent of a prolonged Italian candlelit dinner and you come bursting in here proposing something akin to a swingers key party.

... I mean, do you have the fourth edition? Because, you know, I could maybe have a word with Jen or something... only if you and Rachel are interested of course... In ... you know.. that sort of thing.

*fans self*

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    Hey baby, did I just trade you two sheep and a brick? Because otherwise I don't know where this wood came from.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Old pup still up for a treat

7c7niqbicma5.jpg

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    v8kuhns9d1qr.jpeg

Do you ever see some signs and just think, something happened here.

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Cats are such hedonists

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    The one good thing about daylight savings time starting is that it means my ride to work is during sunrise again:

nCrn1Y7.jpg

ExaIHtf.jpg

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    j8ixEK7.jpg

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Teaser from when I actually upload my Texas vacation pics.

NImDOqL.jpg

OQ9KfkH.jpg

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    j8ixEK7.jpg

spidery fan of friday the 13th