Options

PC Games - Adore EA & Corruption 2029 out today!

• Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    At least I didn't give them to the primary character. One of the pre-built people had it.

(though I'm glad I selected her: aforementioned door was initially locked)

Lockpicking at least isn't completely useless because you can still get some alternate paths through doors and gates.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    I guess the artist used her face for that specific cosplay photo, everything else were pretty different though, probably a quick photobash from various designs and references
    Yeah, the complaint is more the character's face, not the outfit.

sig.gif
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I mean...maybe, but I've also seen people who look like that at nearly every metal show I've ever been to so I'm not sure there's a huge argument to be made for originality.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Reminds me of the lawsuit against George Harrison for his song "My Sweet Lord" vs the Chiffon's "He's So Fine."

I know the notes were roughly the same but they were different genres and otherwise quite different in every possible way.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Yeah, you can't really copyright faces. Otherwise Katy Perry and Zooey Deschanel are going to get into pretty rough legal battle.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Katy perry and Emily blunt you mean

• Options
    ib2z3wjo6pnq.png

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    ib2z3wjo6pnq.png

IT'S PIKACHU!

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Thanks to the twin influences of netflix and the entertaining tales of @Brovid Hasselsmof I am giving the witcher 2 another go having drifted off it years back.

It's really good and I'm kicking myself for not sticking with it last time! I'm currently helping a succubus who's been (probably) framed for murder and killing so many harpies that I couldn't run due to being overburdened with feathers and eyeballs.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    It's Marble Mountain Bigfoot

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I genuinely don't know who that is
    Brolo wrote: »
    IT'S PIKACHU!

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I genuinely don't know who that is

it better be miku

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I am trying to find the ideal cpu cycles to run Magic Carpet in high res. This games does not have a speed limiter on it.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Thanks to the twin influences of netflix and the entertaining tales of "Brovid Hasselsmof" I am giving the witcher 2 another go having drifted off it years back.

It's really good and I'm kicking myself for not sticking with it last time! I'm currently helping a succubus who's been (probably) framed for murder and killing so many harpies that I couldn't run due to being overburdened with feathers and eyeballs.

Hold onto the feathers.

You will be glad you did.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    New Frostpunk expansion is rock fucking shithouse hard to the point where it might actually need tuning

• Options
    Tube wrote: »
    New Frostpunk expansion is rock fucking shithouse hard to the point where it might actually need tuning

It's just autumn, you coward. How do you expect to live through eternal winter?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Winter is way easier!

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular

Let's not say anything we'll come to regret.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I have played the walking simulator Tacoma and I deem it good as hell

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Thanks to the twin influences of netflix and the entertaining tales of Brovid Hasselsmof I am giving the witcher 2 another go having drifted off it years back.

I've just been my first full day without playing a Witcher since new year and I'm jonesing bad. Stupid family taking me on stupid nice holidays to places I love, the jerks.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    lmao @ that instagram beef

She should have picked someone with more followers for her claim, might be more profitable for her

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Thanks to the twin influences of netflix and the entertaining tales of "Brovid Hasselsmof" I am giving the witcher 2 another go having drifted off it years back.

Hold onto the feathers.

You will be glad you did.

I have sold 80 feathers to a weird guy in a hut...does he need even more???

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    I played through The Sinking City. It's a pretty mediocre Lovecraft game with the novelty of being an open world game. The story and characters are about what you would expect. Nothing too interesting there. It does have kind of a weird thing where it has all the trappings of modern open world games (leveling system, crafting, etc) but it has enough restraint to actually make them kinda work. No open world icon vomit. Inventory limits that make scavenging worth while. No extraneous items so you'll constantly use everything you craft. If the game had just pushed farther in it's narrative it'd be a pretty good game.

I don't regret my time with the game but I think I'd recommend Call of Cthulhu before it.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    McHoger wrote: »
    I played through The Sinking City. It's a pretty mediocre Lovecraft game with the novelty of being an open world game. The story and characters are about what you would expect. Nothing too interesting there. It does have kind of a weird thing where it has all the trappings of modern open world games (leveling system, crafting, etc) but it has enough restraint to actually make them kinda work. No open world icon vomit. Inventory limits that make scavenging worth while. No extraneous items so you'll constantly use everything you craft. If the game had just pushed farther in it's narrative it'd be a pretty good game.

I don't regret my time with the game but I think I'd recommend Call of Cthulhu before it.

Call of Cthulhu has a good game inside it. I just wish they’d gone full-bore with the investigative gameplay and dropped the stealth and combat.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Holy shitballs I am pretty sure the trick to Slay the Spire is to play the poison character and get all the poison cards and drown everything in poison, like Ive had a pretty rugged time with the game until now when I just obliterated it, the other characters are so sad and poisonless now

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I used to think the same. However, the Defect is the only one with whom I’ve beaten the heart and I’ve come close with the Ironclad. I don’t think I’ve ever even gotten it to half HP with the Silent.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Holy shitballs I am pretty sure the trick to Slay the Spire is to play the poison character and get all the poison cards and drown everything in poison, like Ive had a pretty rugged time with the game until now when I just obliterated it, the other characters are so sad and poisonless now
    Good luck with one of the bosses that heals status effects and completly ruins your momentum, because thats how it happened to me.

Silent is my worst class because you can get hardlocked to easy if you specialize.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    forcing full poison may not necessarily be the best strategy, but it is easily the most satisfying emotionally

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    I’ve had the most wins with the Silent. Nabbing corruption and dead branch on Ironclad though is maybe the most insane thing I’ve seen yet in this game. Getting a heart kill is close to effortless

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    forcing full poison may not necessarily be the best strategy, but it is easily the most satisfying emotionally

Definitely. Spraying poison all over everything and then tripling the amount of poison all over everything just feels mean in the best way.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    McHoger wrote: »

Call of Cthulhu has a good game inside it. I just wish they’d gone full-bore with the investigative gameplay and dropped the stealth and combat.

the psych ward section is very bad

the rest of the game is a very heartful jankass B-game that has some real good stuff in it

the same goes for sinking city

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Finally got around to picking up Noita yesterday. Going full scorched earth is always the strategy no matter how many times it results in me burning to death.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Most of my wins have been total brute force Ironclad wins, though I haven't even played since they added the Defect

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Most Slay the Spire characters have an archetype you can force and generally win with. For the Silent it's poison-block, as discussed, for the Ironclad it's exhaust, and for the Defect it's powers-lightning.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I'm looking for something to take a break between JRPGs I should buy the Halo collection y/n?

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Baidol wrote: »
    I'm looking for something to take a break between JRPGs I should buy the Halo collection y/n?

FINISH THE FIGHT

• Options
  • Options
    Finished new frostpunk on easy and it was hard as all fuck. It seems like the Devs have just gone into MOAR CHALLENGE mode

This discussion has been closed.