Options

everyone's back at their [job] and it's THE WORST

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    I managed to stub my toe. It's kind of funny, because I stubbed my toe at my daughter's birthday party a little over 2 years ago. I thought it was broken, so I got it checked out, but lucky me it wasn't. Same toe, same birthday place (for my son this time), stubbed my toe even harder this time. It's discolored this time, but not swollen. I can walk, so I'm assuming it'll be fine.
    But I really don't want to be walking around as much as I should be right now. Kind of just want to hide in my office. But I have work to do in the lab, and not really all that much to do at my computer.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    mzysgmkjppdv.jpg

Louis Engelbert of Arenberg (August 3, 1750 in Brussels – March 7, 1820 in Brussels)

The sort of physique that is only possible through diligent avoidance of exercise.

i should know :(

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    My boss put in his two weeks notice on Friday. I have to accelerate plans to take over his position and now I'm very stressed out that HR is going to fuck me over.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Coworkers made me aware of this thread

Consensus seems to be that it's accurate, even if they don't like the delivery method. (whether executives are listening or not is another matter)

Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    I hear that movie is good but I've never seen it. Maybe today's the day...

It's a very good movie!

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »

Consensus seems to be that it's accurate, even if they don't like the delivery method. (whether executives are listening or not is another matter)

This reminded me to share the Valentine's day card I got for my wife this year:
    http://imgur.com/a/FiYhjdn

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Since Sunday is the 2nd this year, today I am doing my yearly tradition of showing the movie Groundhog's Day once and only once in the library.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Since Sunday is the 2nd this year, today I am doing my yearly tradition of showing the movie Groundhog's Day once and only once in the library.

*brb gonna go punch Ned.*

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    How are the experimental subjects holding up this year?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    What experiment? He's only playing a single movie once. Don't see how it's different than watching any other flick.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    If I ever meet Bill Murray, this is how I'm gonna recognize him
    https://youtu.be/Pitp5qdEcRo

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    What experiment? He's only playing a single movie once. Don't see how it's different than watching any other flick.

Probably all the caffeine, it can cause serious delirium

• Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    Update from girlfriend: It is well after lunch now and she can't get any kind of response from HR.
    DrZiplock wrote: »

It did not dawn on me until this exact moment that Tim is actually playing the movie on repeat and saying that it's only once. I thought the whole joke was you would expect the movie to be on repeat but instead he only plays it once.

I need a facepalm reaction button.

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    FFFFF
    I finally got a response from Kroger telling me I was overqualified
    Thank you for your interest in the Smith's Retail Clerk -(Albuquerque) position with Smith's Food and Drug. We appreciate the opportunity to consider you for a position on our team.

After reviewing your submission and application, we have decided to pursue other applicants who more closely match the needs of this position.

New positions open every day and we encourage you to search and apply on our career site often. For your convenience, your profile and resume (if submitted) will remain in our searchable database and can be viewed and edited at any time.

Thank you again for your interest.

Sincerely,
    The Kroger Family of Companies Recruitment Team

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    If I ever meet Bill Murray, this is how I'm gonna recognize him
    https://youtu.be/Pitp5qdEcRo

Or, if you're in one of the airline members' lounge and a guy asks for a bottle of nice champagne, and then mixes it with canned grapefruit juice they have behind the bar. And possibly gives the Filipino bartender a hard time when she asks does he really want the nice champagne if he's going to do that.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

I... what? Semicolons and open curly brackets are both allowed and disallowed?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Even better, right curly brackets are allowed but not left

Madican on
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular

Thread checks out.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Further proof that "the cloud" = "my butt"

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Made it to the second round and I'm freaking out slightly. Next interview is in just over a week.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Apparently it's impossible to just cut a check for an employee that has been working and whom you've neglected to pay? Or to communicate at all with that employee. My girlfriend is now talking to the Union about her options and lawyer help.

I'm starting to think maybe the HR person is pulling double duty as the Astros PR person, because the easy solution is just, right there, and they're refusing to do it.

Steam
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular

It's nice when a company comes right out and tells you they're doing naughty things with their database, like not sanitizing input and storing passwords in plain text.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »

It's nice when a company comes right out and tells you they're doing naughty things with their database, like not sanitizing input and storing passwords in plain text.

little Bobby Tables

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    I have an SQL query question that i'm currently unable to put in easily googlable format

So I have a list of ID#s and for each ID I have a starting date and an ending date

Is there an easy way to take a table with the three columns above and push that into another query to pull me all records with each ID between the start and end dates for that ID?

I already built a query that has the where statement for the ID and between x and y

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    There is a response from HR, in an email timestamped 5 minutes before they go home.

It's a generic form "Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we'll investigate and get back to you in a few days." email. So no word on her paycheck yet.

It's not even directly affecting me and I'm becoming stabby and incoherent with anger and frustration. Wow.

Steam
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    expendable wrote: »
    There is a response from HR, in an email timestamped 5 minutes before they go home.

It's a generic form "Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we'll investigate and get back to you in a few days." email. So no word on her paycheck yet.

It's not even directly affecting me and I'm becoming stabby and incoherent with anger and frustration. Wow.

Can't remember where you are but if you're not in the hell hole of worker rights that is the South they've likely broken some local DoL regs. Actually, they've probably broken a shitload with her working for a few weeks uncompensated and falsified workers comp reports.

Edit: Actually they're talking to a lawyer and union. They'll know that stuff way better.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular

Yes, "nice."

I still think the biggest crime is that he can't cancel the VSI without speaking to support.

Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Waitangi Day falls on a Thursday this year so my boss decided that we won't open on Friday. 4 day weekend.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I swear New Zealand is just trolling everybody else in the world.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular

I don't know the specifics of this claim but, yeah probably

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

I can go on and on with out NM is being beyond stupid this legislative session
    From tying oil and gas futures to education to inviting two questionable companies to the former virgin galactic spaceport and so much more

Still it bothers me I have yet to hear back from Walmart from the job offer they gave me back in Dec. the email notice from Kroger saying they don't want me and other things

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Point him towards ancestry.com while telling him you're only this classy.

“I can’t trust that, it’s run by Mormons.”

• Options
    Waitangi Day is like a reverse US Independence Day. The day the British took over. It used to be pretty controversial and people would throw cowpats (and one time a dildo) at politicians but recently its been fairly sedate and uneventful. To the point where people have started complaining that Waitangi Day has gotten boring.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Waitangi Day is like a reverse US Independence Day. The day the British took over. It used to be pretty controversial and people would throw cowpats (and one time a dildo) at politicians but recently its been fairly sedate and uneventful. To the point where people have started complaining that Waitangi Day has gotten boring.

In retrospect, it was probably a mistake to make national foundation day and indigenous race relations day at the same holiday.

• Options
    I like the uneasy mix of the two but separating them would mean an extra public holiday.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Was it not done purposely out of spite? I know that's why MLK day is also Robert E. Lee day in several of the more genetically bottlenecked states.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular

Yes, "nice."

I still think the biggest crime is that he can't cancel the VSI without speaking to support.

I mean, sure, but the rest is pretty much an example of how NOT to do modern developer experience.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Was it not done purposely out of spite? I know that's why MLK day is also Robert E. Lee day in several of the more genetically bottlenecked states.
    The founding of NZ was a treaty between the British and many (but not all) Māori which gave (some/all) control to the Queen. Its not so much that we combined them as that they are one and the same. Its... complicated, there's a lot to e proud of and even more to be ashamed of.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    Jedoc wrote: »

Fortuitously accidental. The British Crown acquired sovereignty over NZ not by conquering and exterminating the Maori, but by signing a treaty with them.

Of course, the translation into Te Reo wasn't the best, so that wasn't what the local Maori chiefs thought they were signing.

And then came the conquering and extermination.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    The second project of this bootcamp is conceptual design of a desktop e-commerce site for a local business we have a relationship with...

And my homework for tonight is figuring out the tactful way to tell the boardgame store i used to work at that their website is "rul bad and can I interview you about it as part of the research process"

This discussion has been closed.