Options

everyone's back at their [job] and it's THE WORST

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    expendable wrote: »
    There is a response from HR, in an email timestamped 5 minutes before they go home.

It's a generic form "Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we'll investigate and get back to you in a few days." email. So no word on her paycheck yet.

It's not even directly affecting me and I'm becoming stabby and incoherent with anger and frustration. Wow.

Can't remember where you are but if you're not in the hell hole of worker rights that is the South they've likely broken some local DoL regs. Actually, they've probably broken a shitload with her working for a few weeks uncompensated and falsified workers comp reports.

Edit: Actually they're talking to a lawyer and union. They'll know that stuff way better.

I know in New Hampshire the DoL loves to send people to do audits on a moment's notice.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    expendable wrote: »
    There is a response from HR, in an email timestamped 5 minutes before they go home.

It's a generic form "Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we'll investigate and get back to you in a few days." email. So no word on her paycheck yet.

It's not even directly affecting me and I'm becoming stabby and incoherent with anger and frustration. Wow.

Can't remember where you are but if you're not in the hell hole of worker rights that is the South they've likely broken some local DoL regs. Actually, they've probably broken a shitload with her working for a few weeks uncompensated and falsified workers comp reports.

Edit: Actually they're talking to a lawyer and union. They'll know that stuff way better.

I know in New Hampshire the DoL loves to send people to do audits on a moment's notice.

Some lawyers have been contacted today. The Union is helping in this regard. It's really amazing how many people start really paying attention very intently when the phrase "I'm an injured worker that is not being paid while still working" comes out of somebody's mouth.

Except for her HR dept it seems. But perhaps the problem is that those responsible for such a colossal fuckup have been sacked already.

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    FFFFF
    I finally got a response from Kroger telling me I was overqualified
    Thank you for your interest in the Smith's Retail Clerk -(Albuquerque) position with Smith's Food and Drug. We appreciate the opportunity to consider you for a position on our team.

After reviewing your submission and application, we have decided to pursue other applicants who more closely match the needs of this position.

New positions open every day and we encourage you to search and apply on our career site often. For your convenience, your profile and resume (if submitted) will remain in our searchable database and can be viewed and edited at any time.

Thank you again for your interest.

Sincerely,
    The Kroger Family of Companies Recruitment Team
    Apply to a spot higher up in their food chain, maybe?

sig.gif
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    FFFFF
    I finally got a response from Kroger telling me I was overqualified
    Thank you for your interest in the Smith's Retail Clerk -(Albuquerque) position with Smith's Food and Drug. We appreciate the opportunity to consider you for a position on our team.

After reviewing your submission and application, we have decided to pursue other applicants who more closely match the needs of this position.

New positions open every day and we encourage you to search and apply on our career site often. For your convenience, your profile and resume (if submitted) will remain in our searchable database and can be viewed and edited at any time.

Thank you again for your interest.

Sincerely,
    The Kroger Family of Companies Recruitment Team
    Apply to a spot higher up in their food chain, maybe?

I feel I am cursed as I applied for basic jobs for fast food and heard nothing back, Lowes wanted to know if the rumors of two people [my not manger and toxic manager were true he mentioned them by name} Coupled with the horrible day of Nov 20 where my bike was stolen and I was told I was too old for the 11b national guard job after I did the tests.
    as I said It's insulting on so many levels I have to go back to Walmart back into that hell
    I applied at Costco twice! I have never been to a Costco and yet I heard nothing
    nothing from no one

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    I have an SQL query question that i'm currently unable to put in easily googlable format

So I have a list of ID#s and for each ID I have a starting date and an ending date

Is there an easy way to take a table with the three columns above and push that into another query to pull me all records with each ID between the start and end dates for that ID?

I already built a query that has the where statement for the ID and between x and y
    Should be doable with a self join where t2.start > t1.start and t2.end < t1.end

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Pro tip: if you like jerking off in public but are afraid of legal action being taken against you, just go to the hospital and jerk off in the ER. Apparently it's not illegal there.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    TheStig wrote: »
    Pro tip: if you like jerking off in public but are afraid of legal action being taken against you, just go to the hospital and jerk off in the ER. Apparently it's not illegal there.

Is it true it's a felony to assault a medical worker?

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

I mean, felony assault is a felony regardless of who you do it to.

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

I know that just I found it odd in the news here they made it specifically a felony to attack a healthcare worker

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    I have an SQL query question that i'm currently unable to put in easily googlable format

So I have a list of ID#s and for each ID I have a starting date and an ending date

Is there an easy way to take a table with the three columns above and push that into another query to pull me all records with each ID between the start and end dates for that ID?

I already built a query that has the where statement for the ID and between x and y

So you have a flat table (it's not persisted anywhere in your db and you just have a .csv or .xslx I'm guessing) with record IDs from one of your database tables, and it sounds like you're looking to retrieve records from a different table where the ID in question is not a primary key of the table you're pulling from? (Like if you have IDs from `accounts` but you're pulling records from `account_activity` where the `account_id` matches what you're looking for?)

Assuming I'm interpreting that correctly, I would likely do something like:
    SELECT
        account_activity.account_id,
        account_activity.date
    FROM
        account_activity
        INNER JOIN 
            (VALUES
                (123, 2019-01-01, 2019-02-01),
                (456, 2019-01-01, 2019-02-01)
            ) AS ranges (id, startdate, enddate) ON 
                account_activity.account_id = ranges.id AND account_activity.date BETWEEN ranges.startdate AND ranges.enddate;

(This is Postgres using the VALUES argument but other dbs have similar methods of using "flat", not-from-your-database tables in a query)

Another option would be to persist the table to your database and then use a subquery where you replace the whole "VALUES" construction with just "select * from ranges", but that might not be an option in this case.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Coworkers made me aware of this thread

Consensus seems to be that it's accurate, even if they don't like the delivery method. (whether executives are listening or not is another matter)

This reminded me to share the Valentine's day card I got for my wife this year:
    http://imgur.com/a/FiYhjdn

@Bucketman I have a mighty need.

Where did you find this?!

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

I've reported an assault to the police once and never heard back about it. Who knows.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

But what if they really deserve it

</Rocket>

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »

Consensus seems to be that it's accurate, even if they don't like the delivery method. (whether executives are listening or not is another matter)

Target, it's minted brand

• Options
    Tox wrote: »

Target, it's minted brand

dvxc5itnv1ef.jpg

• Options
    Also I walked to the store just before it closed to buy a few more items of food and food for the dogs and ran home a total of 3+ miles in less than 90 minutes
    I am an idiot

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Butler wrote: »
    Just started an extremely politely worded fight with my university's administration. Basically, they have an online system where grad students submit their annual reports and the like. Once they do, the system automatically notifies people higher up the food-chain that they need to sign off on it.

My position is that maybe, maybe, if students get their shit submitted a week ahead of the deadline? And those folks who are notified that they need to sign off on it, don't? And the system shows that that's exactly what's happened? Maybe the university should talk to the people they know are causing the hold up instead of sending vaguely threatening e-mails to the students.

Update: Got a reply back from the grad office. They agreed that this should not have happened, explained that it was due to an error in how our group's details had been set up in the new system, and invited anyone affected to contact them so that they can prevent it from happening again.

So I... won? Huh. How about that.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    There really is nothing worse than a group class mandated by an HR department that has no idea what they want or why they want their employees to be learning, and have no plans for a comprehensive program with learning goals decided on ahead of time.

Which is to say 95% of the corporate classes I teach.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I don't know where the bad food thread is and frankly I can't be bothered.
    MWqskoB.png

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Skeith wrote: »
    I don't know where the bad food thread is and frankly I can't be bothered.
    MWqskoB.png

@Skeith you sonuvamotherlessgoose.

Honestly, that would probably be not that bad to eat. Hell, I ate a pizza that used mashed potatoes in place of tomato sauce and expected you to dip it in ranch, which I most certainly did not. And it was still pretty tasty.

That said, the Bad Food thread is its own damn thread. And I'll give you some time to share it there rather than steal your "glory". :P

Ketar on
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Since Sunday is the 2nd this year, today I am doing my yearly tradition of showing the movie Groundhog's Day once and only once in the library.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    ze7j07qi7qk9.gif

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I'm taking a PTO day tomorrow.

I don't have any plans to go anywhere or do anything.

Maybe I'll go for a walk if the weather is decent.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I would like you guys to know that I searched back to last year and used the exact same text to post here except changed Saturday to Sunday. And that text is a variation of previous years.

That is my level of dedication to this dumb joke.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    I would like you guys to know that I searched back to last year and used the exact same text to post here except changed Saturday to Sunday. And that text is a variation of previous years.

That is my level of dedication to this dumb joke.

Your dedication is appreciated.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    What dedication? He just showed a movie for a single time.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Here's hoping I'm able to leave work for lunch today.

Last couple of days I've stayed on site because of waiting on outside parties that needed my attention. Today, so far, I have nothing special going on.

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Pizza hut won't deliver to my apartment. If I want shitty shitty pizza, I can only get Domino's. This is an outrage

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    Should I demand tribute before issuing people their new parking access badges? Yes or yes?

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Pizza hut won't deliver to my apartment. If I want shitty shitty pizza, I can only get Domino's. This is an outrage

https://www.justice.gov/actioncenter/report-crime

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Weaver wrote: »
    Should I demand tribute before issuing people their new parking access badges? Yes or yes?

Demand the Law of Suprise

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I'm wearing a new shirt at work today and the static charge it creates when I try to put on my usual fleece jacket is so strong that I cannot wear the two together. When I put my arm through the sleeve it pretty much becomes Velcro. It looks like I'm going to be cold all day. Great.

Edit: Draping it over my shoulders is also a no-go. It instantly sticks to my back and won't actually drape.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Cormac wrote: »
    I'm wearing a new shirt at work today and the static charge it creates when I try to put on my usual fleece jacket is so strong that I cannot wear the two together. When I put my arm through the sleeve it pretty much becomes Velcro. It looks like I'm going to be cold all day. Great.

Edit: Draping it over my shoulders is also a no-go. It instantly sticks to my back and won't actually drape.

Suns out, guns out?

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Fuck.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Almanach de Gotha update: the patron needs all 181 volumes in order to prove his royal ancestry. The website is unacceptable as a source due to the likelihood that criminal hackers and psychics may have implanted wrong information on it.

Based on the web design, I am not prepared to rule out this possibility.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »
    Cormac wrote: »

Suns out, guns out?

It is just below freezing so it's not that cold. The sun however is a rare thing in during the winter in Upstate NY. I cranked the heat a little higher here and it pretty much feels fine.

That said, I'm wearing a light jacket inside pretty much from October through April. The fans in the HVAC system are pretty weak and the heat barely makes it out of the vents. That wasn't much of an issue when there were multiple film developing machines and printers here but times have changed. The AC does work quite well though.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options

Fuck.

Throw a coin to your Weaver oh valley of plenty.

• Options
    Okay so preface. The head of library services is retiring at the end of the school year. I assume her second will be taking over. They are both highly competent at their jobs. Her second does all the technology side of library services and manages cataloging and such.

So the last few days I had the idea of how to better run overdue notices and have been working with the second in command to make that work. I got it functioning and wrote up instructions and such for other librarians. The second in command then emails me about wanting to stop by this week to "pick my brain about the future of school libraries and the direction of PD next year."

On the one hand, maybe she is doing this with everyone. On the other hand, oh god, what if they are thinking of offering me the second in command job to run all the tech stuff since I'm pretty sure I'm the next most tech savvy librarian in the district after her. It would be a sizable promotion to a 12 month job with higher pay at the district offices. However I don't really know if I want to do it as I like being in the schools helping students.

• Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    Okay so preface. The head of library services is retiring at the end of the school year. I assume her second will be taking over. They are both highly competent at their jobs. Her second does all the technology side of library services and manages cataloging and such.

So the last few days I had the idea of how to better run overdue notices and have been working with the second in command to make that work. I got it functioning and wrote up instructions and such for other librarians. The second in command then emails me about wanting to stop by this week to "pick my brain about the future of school libraries and the direction of PD next year."

On the one hand, maybe she is doing this with everyone. On the other hand, oh god, what if they are thinking of offering me the second in command job to run all the tech stuff since I'm pretty sure I'm the next most tech savvy librarian in the district after her. It would be a sizable promotion to a 12 month job with higher pay at the district offices. However I don't really know if I want to do it as I like being in the schools helping students.

So what you're telling me is there might be an opening where you can help every student in the district?

Just another way to look at it.

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
This discussion has been closed.