As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Harmonix] New Rock Band peripherals are coming!

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Hey all....

My sync box that let me use xbox360 guitar and drums broke. It'll see the devices but the Xbox no longer recognizes them.

Any ideas on how to fix this or what to replace it with? I don't want to ditch my fender for a plastic guitar....

:(

Sadly I don't have experience with that because I'm on PS4.

Speaking of which has the Rock Band phone app stopped working for anyone else? That was a super handy way to check where we're at without having to boot up the game but now it just asks me to choose my platform and then goes to a webpage with an error message.

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    App has been working for me, including working just now.

Spoil, no clue on your issue though :/

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    There's a Rock Band phone app? :?

• Options
    JombalayaJombalaya Registered User regular
    I need your help Rock Band thread. At the end of the year I’m getting married. My lady and I are life long gamers so we’ve decided our wedding band will be a Rock Band band. What I need help with is figuring out what AV equipment is needed, and if anyone has done this before, any advice that will help this thing run smoothly. The band plays on xbone, if that matters at all.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I assume you're doing some sort of projection screen or something for everyone to see?

You're going to want to make sure that the game gets calibrated beforehand for the input lag.

• Options
    I was thinking a TV just for the band to make it seem like they really are playing the songs. You think a projector for everyone to see would be better or what? We are planning on having a projector anyways. I’m open to suggestions.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Ah, well, calibrate the television, then.

If you want to maintain the illusion of the band actually performing the songs, you'll want to disable the crowd sounds and the vocals track, so you just have the actual person singing coming through.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    This is probably going to sounds insane but

Do Rock Band 3 if you can. They've never fully corrected the latency issue with Rock Band 4 between the drums and everything else.

As you can imagine trying to play the game when everything isn't in sync is maddening.

• Options
    Unfortunately RB3 isn’t an option unless I come across some instruments at a garage sale.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    A lot of it is going to come down to what inputs/outputs your existing equipment already has, and how much you're willing to spend to make up for what it doesn't. Essentially you need to get the video and the audio out of the Xbox and into wherever they're going, but there are tons of options for how it gets there. That could be via HDMI from Xbox to an audio receiver/amp (and then out to TV), or you might end up doing a pass through from the TV first, then audio coming out of the TV and going into the receiver. Off the top of my head I don't know if either of those will have a better lag situation, or if they'd be comparable enough that the difference isn't that big.

Things you'll need to decide on:
    - Are you going to do just TV, or TV + projector (which will mean you'll need an HDMI splitter, though that's probably not too expensive)
    - Where is your sound going to come from?
    - - Does the venue have a built in sound system? If so, does it sound better than whatever DIY solution you could come up with?
    - - If using your own sound system, is it loud enough/good enough quality to fill the entire room (or as much of the room as you'd like covered) without blowing a speaker?
    - - If using your own sound system, how is the audio going to get from the Xbox to the audio receiver?
    - After setting everything up, what's the lag situation like? (If possible, you'll want to set everything up as close to "how it will be on the day of the event" as possible weeks beforehand to make sure everything works as you want it to)

Perrsun on
  • Options
    Oh man, another great pull from RBN

• Options

Next Harmonix game announced: Fuser.

Based on this article and the single, lone screenshot, it might be Single Player Dropmix, But On Console: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/02/26/introducing-fuser-a-revolutionary-new-music-game-experience/

• Options
    Give it to me.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    that's great; dropmix was really fun but i can't say i felt compelled to ever pull it out of storage once I put it away after playing with it for a bit

• Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2020
    it's dropmix 2.0

"elevator pitch" gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zWrLVywnsY

13 mins, shows tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz4jdym6nB0

it looks like it's gonna be a lot more intense with the 'keep the plates spinning' gameplay, with the more requests you fulfill at the same time making better combos

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    That looks really neat! I Always wanted to try Dropmix but I literally never saw it for sale in a store. I doubt Fusor would end up being my thing overall but I'd love to mess around with it. I'm pretty sure my roommate and his 17 year old daughter would be all about it though and I suspect it'd make for a fantastic party game.

I just kinda wish they'd do another instrument release for Rock Band with all of the latency issues fixed.

What I really wish they'd do is release some premium guitars that have replaceable parts. Both of my RB4 guitars have increasingly wonky strum bars/random tilt sensors and replacements are upwards of $300 for guitars that you have no idea if they're actually new and even if they are they still might be bork'd upon opening from sitting on a shelf for years. Just let me pay $300.00 a piece for guitars with actual bodies that I can swap parts out on >_<

• Options
    edited April 2020
    So I've always kind of griped internally when the weekly challenges only have like 150ish songs that I can play when I have a library of over 1500 songs.

After this the challenge this week I take it all back.

I have almost 400 songs I can play and while that's great and I'm confident I could place in the top 10 if not the top 5 for the vast majority of them for LP points? That's just too damn many songs for me to play in a week. The number of songs that have only 1 or 2 or even still 0 people playing them is really high even now which yay free LP points and all?

But 400 songs comes out to about 25 hours of playing Rock Band in 5 days >_<

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Icarus Lives isn't shred, its synchopated masochism.

Of course I'm getting it.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    All my podcasts are talking about potential COVID-19 treatments, and all I can think of is antibodies antibodies ANTIBODIES ANTIBODIES

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    JonBob wrote: »
    All my podcasts are talking about potential COVID-19 treatments, and all I can think of is antibodies antibodies ANTIBODIES ANTIBODIES

And when you say Antibodies all I can think about is how the Pro Guitar tracks are INCREDIBLY difficult and absolutely nothing resembling the game-y guitar chart.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Rock Band 3, the game where songs have the same instrument with a zero dot on 5lane and devil tier on pro
    Smoke on the Water bass, for reference

bonus fun fact

A bunch of songs in Rock Band 4 have a 5-dot or devil tier band rating even though no instrument has that rating, because they just copied it over from RB3, so the band ratings are still based off the now-gone Keys chart.

bonus bonus bonus fun fact

Space Oddity's guitar chart is a shitshow on 5lane and a pro shitshow on protar. it's guitar. it's noises. it's sometimes the keys chart. WHO THE FUCK KNOWS IT'S SPACE ODDITY

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    Only took The Strokes 13 years to get a 3-set

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited April 2020

wait. Born to be Wild wasn't already in Rock Band?

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Well there's a song I never figured they'd sign

• Options

wait. Born to be Wild wasn't already in Rock Band?

It wasn't.

Guitar Hero also never had Steppenwolf.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    It def feels like a song that would have been in Guitar Hero eventually, had the franchise not died

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    There are a bunch of Guitar Hero songs that still aren't in Rock Band. Stuff like Sultans of Swing and Beat it would be cool but sounds REALLY tough if not impossible right now.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg