As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] now returns you to your regular programming.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    QENnp1b.png
    Hes my friend, and a whole lot more!

Bedlam on
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Wait... fries and pizza not a thing over stateside?

Depends where you are and what is offered. Most places that specialize in pizza will, as other said, offer wings or breadsticks or salad or second pizza. If the place is more diverse in its menu (burgers, wraps, subs/hoagies, etc) there'll be fries.

McMoogle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Pizza and princess chicken is the combo from heaven and Supergirl and that's all there is to say on the matter.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    I also think I sent Pixie that old build so... yeah don't throw MY computer in the garbage. :biggrin:

No, the build you sent was quite a bit better than that and is what my kid is still happily rocking. :D The stuff I'm getting rid of is my old build before my most recent upgrade.

edit - found the specs. This was the crazy shit you sent my kid:
    Intel i7-5930 3.5GHZ 6-core
    32GB RAM
    MSI X99S SLI Plus Mobo
    1070GTX 8GB SC Black

:o

LOL, that's better than my computer rofl.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    (Previous post)

State of Decay 2 Adventure Team update!

As you may recall, we ended the last session having destroyed the last of the Plague Hearts... which means a map free of plague zombies forever.

Naturally, Karoz wants to celebrate with food.

While we consider what our next move should be, we send Jazz and Iolo out to retrieve a supply drop in the area. A supply drop full of things that go boom. And a goddamn gun that shoots fireworks.

No, really. It does. Jazz happily lights up a juggernaut from across the street. Loltastic. Unfortunately, we have limited ammo for it and no way to get more any time soon. Short-lived fun, but fun nonetheless.

Also... from here on out, I'll be spoilering the story, because at this point it is, well... full of endgame spoilers. If you plan to play and don't want to know how things progress after the elimination of plague hearts, don't open the spoilers. Ye've been warned!
    Pixie, as self-declared sheriff of this town, gets a radio call from help from our allies, the Headstompers. They want to talk to her ASAP. So Pixie loads up her favorite pink assault rifle, stuffs her pockets with explosives and chems, fills the van with fuel and a repair kit, grabs Rubycat, and heads out. When we get there, Jen, the leader of the Headstompers, tells us that she is concerned about another enclave, the Grocery Raiders, who have gone silent. She wants our help investigating their base at a military comms station. So off we go.

Getting to the comms station involves running over a lot of zeds. There may not be any plague zombies any more, but all the other zombies seem to have multiplied tenfold. They're everyfreakingwhere in huge numbers. Running them over is fun, though, so there's that. Then we have to hoof it offroad a ways to get to the comms station as there is no road to get there. But eventually we arrive... only to find that the Grocery Raiders have turned. So we put them down, then search their base, where we find a cryptic note with some coordinates on it. Using video game logic, we assume we have to go there next. And "there" turns out to be a roadside rest area. Well, okay. We search around there and find yet another note, this one naming three "potential targets" - the Grocery Raiders, our own base (crossed out), and the Headstompers. Jen fears the worst and insists we hurry back to her base. Before we can even get there, we get a call that they are under attack.

Fortunately, we arrive in time and are able to kill the attackers. One of the attackers had this note on them. Seems someone wants to take over our town. HOW RUDE! We've only just started cleaning it up! Concerning, to say the least. But for now, our allies are safe so we head home.

But before we can get there, Mal radios us about a strange broadcast signal coming in, and suggests we track down the source... which turns out to be in an old house on the west side of the map. We go in, find ourselves confronted by an unusual zombie... which we quickly kill. And then we hear a broadcast. ... Part 2 of message.

Well that's no good. Especially the note we find on the strange zombie.

Cannibals? Really? I hope that's not true...

Anyway, our path is clear. We need to make sure our allies are allies, and brace ourselves for an attack from these "Philistines"... so we go visit a few of our allied enclaves, who all ensure us they have our backs. Except one, who tell us they have chosen the other side because reasons. So we kill them. Their reasons sucked.

And that's where we leave off for now. My guess is there's only a very short time left before this is all over. I've never played this far before so I'm not sure what happens when it's "done" except that there's something about taking 3 (?) survivors to a new map and basically starting all over. If true, I guess I'll have to decide which characters to keep, and wave a fond farewell to the rest...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I'd say gifting PCs is the new gifting Steam games, but this thread has already gifted somebody a PC before.

Edit: Because Pixie is offering a mobo, it's less "PC upgrade" and more "an entirely new computer" for those of us with aging toasters. (~7 years for me. Maybe I'll get a new PC in a year or two?)

Maybe it can be like the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, a decent gaming rig to be passed around to those in need of slightly higher framerates.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    No one is safe, just logging in to try the new game @Big Classy sent and @Pixelated Pixie is all, no play more of the ones I send - thanks jerks!

jYPgIZq.png

• Options
    PC parts now have a new home. :D

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Sisterhood of the Traveling Parts.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited June 2020

Usually the sides offered by pizza chains are chicken wings or bread sticks. Or another pizza.

I haven't noticed it as much in California, but in NJ/NY there were a ton of pizza places that were pizza/pasta. So you could get yourself a aluminum container of lasagna or something at the same place.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Just finished Pyre! Backlog -1, woot! Pyre is a fun little mashup game that basically revolves around a 3 versus 3 sport with some light rpg leveling components. It's a short but entertaining game, and the matches are fun and challenging. Each player plays differently, and I get kind of torn when the story progresses with your roster. Overall a solid game, easily recommended. Thanks again to @HiT BiT for the game!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited June 2020

Usually the sides offered by pizza chains are chicken wings or bread sticks. Or another pizza.

There's a chicken wing restaurant in the US that only exists as a tumor on Pizza Hut, Wing Street. There was one freestanding location and it flopped, because wings require beer and/or pizza to be profitable. The whole chain is just a page on the menu at participating Pizza Huts now.

Hevach on
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    PC parts now have a new home. :D

Gonna ship the GPU off on Monday.

I'll have to dig around in my closet and see if I have any old LEDs lying around.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Wiv9ybv.png
    Battle 2.5
    @an_alt VS @Madican
    An_alt was heading out to get another signature for the autograph. An_alt had met plenty of famous people, but didn't ask all of them for their autographs. This one was special.
    lXvIfol.jpg
    Madican had kept on rocking. Sure it wasn't as easy as it used to be, but he could still sell out a crowd.
    9NQTiJd.jpg
    During what would be his final concert, he noticed a strange person in the crowd, everything else seemed to dim until it was just a blur.
    tcamyl6.jpg
    Before moving on to the the next stage, Madican gave one final autograph.
    An_alt's paper beats Madican's rock.
    Next up, last in round two.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Beat Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

When everything clicks together it can be a wonderful game.

Unfortunately this rarely happened. I can only point to one boss I really can say I enjoyed. It's a solid enough experience overall, but I would have just preferred another soulsbourne game. In the end I beat it out of spite.

Still, I have to thank @TeeMan for giving me a great "banging head against bladed wall simulator" :wink:

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    GTFO is a lot of fun; it’s a 4 player coop dungeon crawler FPS essentially where you have to go use DOS type terminals to find your way through rooms while dealing with enemies similar to TLOU clickers which you can stealth around and using timing and teamwork largely stealth kill, but if alerted can become quite deadly. As you go from room to room, you have to unlock and hack doors, which can alert a wave of enemies. You can lay down mines and turrets, and there’s ammo and health scattered around, but it’s limited.
    soebgapnkrz8.jpeg
    Oh and there’s no matchmaking, but there’s an official Discord which I ended up using and found some helpful players who walked me through my first few games. I didn’t get super far yet, but had a great time to my surprise! It’s on sale until the 15th I think

Zavian on
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Sooo, folks. Tell me aboout Monster Train. What's good, what's bad? I'm looking at picking it up, i could use another pick up and play type game.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Wiv9ybv.png
    Battle 2.5
    an_alt VS Madican
    An_alt was heading out to get another signature for the autograph. An_alt had met plenty of famous people, but didn't ask all of them for their autographs. This one was special.
    lXvIfol.jpg
    Madican had kept on rocking. Sure it wasn't as easy as it used to be, but he could still sell out a crowd.
    9NQTiJd.jpg
    During what would be his final concert, he noticed a strange person in the crowd, everything else seemed to dim until it was just a blur.
    tcamyl6.jpg
    Before moving on to the the next stage, Madican gave one final autograph.
    An_alt's paper beats Madican's rock.
    Next up, last in round two.
    Florin vs CorriganX

I died as I lived, rocking.

Madican on
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Man playing gears tactics, so good, so pretty, pretty much worth gamepass all on its own

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    @Prohass play Deliver Us The Moon. It's relatively short and it's light puzzling. The story is interesting and the graphics are great (even though there's a lot of white and grey).

I'm also a Space nut so I'm slightly biased, but I quite enjoyed it.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    The itch.io bundle now has its own thread which may be very useful for curating and sorting through it, but also it's now up to 1,658 items with a value of over $9,000 (obligatory it's over nine thousand!). And it's blasted past its $5million goal, and is rapidly closing in on $6million with nearly three days left to run. (Edit: it's passed that now and still going strong.)

Jazz on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Dammit! Too late.

Repc in the morning.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    Re: fries 'n' pizza discussion:

There's lots of little indie takeout joints over here who will sell a little bit of everything, and even combine some things; I've had kebab topping on pizza from one place.

It's not uncommon for you to see pizza, fries, burgers, fried chicken, milkshakes, and cakes being sold in the same place.

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Fries tend to be in a meal with pizzas here.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Sooo, folks. Tell me aboout Monster Train. What's good, what's bad? I'm looking at picking it up, i could use another pick up and play type game.

Monster Train is a deckbuilder runbased game, like Slay the Spire. You defend a train with the last pyre of hell that needs to make it to a place to not permanently lose to the angels.

I think Monster Train is a very nice "casual" buy because it starts of easier than other deckbuilders. You don't need to study and be extremely picky to get your first win. It also does a lot of the math for you, it has indicators how a combat phase is going to play out. It is also pretty fast.
    The thing that sets it apart on medium level is that is very exponential, the difference between card power is huge, upgrades are huge. The general strategy is trying to be on a bigger exponent than the games difficulty.
    It scales difficulty by adding random elements to decks, so it becomes harder and harder to have a perfect deck. This is called "Covenant"
    A lot of gameplay variety also comes from having 6 factions. You play with 2, where the primary class adds a hero unit to your deck.

I played it for 20h, was happy and moved on for now. Some people may try for Covenant 10+ and spend a hundred hours......

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    @SanderJK Consider i have 2.6k hours in StS

Then be...afraid.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Then you probably need to find what people that hardcore think about.... it's not my scene but I can imagine that "difficulty through added randomness" means that high end success is basically rolling dice on cards until you get a good enough build at the real high end.
    That sounds frustrating to me........

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    There's a MTG streamer who plays a lot of other card based games. He's also got a ridiculous number of hours in StS and he's been playing the crap out of Monster Train.

If you want me to dig up his info, let me know.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Yeah the only thing I'm not big on so far is the layers of RNG involved with just starting off. You will start with four common cards(pair from each race choice), one rare card from your primary race choice, a choice of one of two artifacts and a choice of one of three initial forms of your race champion(but only two available per game). At high covenant levels getting handed a bad enough set can end the run before it even starts.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Happy Persona day, everybody.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • Options
    I was that one weird kid that thought the space ship battles were the most boring part of Star Wars.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    I was that one weird kid that thought the space ship battles were the most boring part of Star Wars.

Are you lead dev on Star Citizen?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options

Yes.

We're hoping to hit a launch window of winter 2034.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular

Yes.

We're hoping to hit a launch window of winter 2034.

seems pretty optimistic tbh, but good luck!

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Ben is good at explaining things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkQXe5QrwRA

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Dr. Chaos on
  • Options

Do I still want to dig out my ps2?
    No, you really don't.

Persona 4 Golden is the superior version with a lot of new stuff.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    So, for someone who has never played a Persona game and knows nothing about them except JRPG (thus, grindy?)... what makes this release buy-worthy?

Sell me on this game.

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
This discussion has been closed.