Options

[Destiny 2] What We Do in the Shadows (Beyond Light expansion coming Nov. 10!)

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Banshee just gave me the quest for Tommy's Matchbook catalyst... I completed that quest and then upgraded the catalyst all last season. What the heck?

Looking at the patch notes, they lost records of progress on that quest, so to the game you technically never completed it even though you have the rewards

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    august wrote: »
    As someone who has only played Destiny casually (up until the last couple of weeks where I’ve been playing heavily thanks to unemployment) the power leveling scaling is a mystery to me. Some things get trivialized while some things remain difficult. I’m about 1040 right now and am attempting to do the Drifter quest version of The Corrupted which was 580 on release and it’s just like: lol, not gonna happen bud you ain’t even getting in the front door.
    Yup. There was a whole big discussion just a few days ago about power scaling and it's supposed effect. As a not-great player, I find that the game punishes you severely for being under the suggested level, but does not reward you at all for being above in some cases, but does in others. (Yes, yes, I know diminishing returns and all that, but to ME it doesn't feel like I get anywhere at all for -some- but not all activities.)

26904.png
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    would you like us to have a two page argument about it again, that might help clarify things

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    would you like us to have a two page argument about it again, that might help clarify things

Two pages? We doing the short version then?

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »
    As someone who has only played Destiny casually (up until the last couple of weeks where I’ve been playing heavily thanks to unemployment) the power leveling scaling is a mystery to me. Some things get trivialized while some things remain difficult. I’m about 1040 right now and am attempting to do the Drifter quest version of The Corrupted which was 580 on release and it’s just like: lol, not gonna happen bud you ain’t even getting in the front door.
    Yup. There was a whole big discussion just a few days ago about power scaling and it's supposed effect. As a not-great player, I find that the game punishes you severely for being under the suggested level, but does not reward you at all for being above in some cases, but does in others. (Yes, yes, I know diminishing returns and all that, but to ME it doesn't feel like I get anywhere at all for -some- but not all activities.)

You need a group to get thos sort of missions done, unless you're an absolute top tier player.

Ask for help here, or use the app lfg tab, which is how I got it done.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »

You need a group to get thos sort of missions done, unless you're an absolute top tier player.

I figured as much. But all the game tells you it’s power level 750 or some such. It’s an unpleasant surprise and a waste of time.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    I hear there's a new exotic shooty bang bang in the tubes?

Ceterum autem censeo Power Level esse delendam.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Basil wrote: »
    I hear there's a new exotic shooty bang bang in the tubes?

Ceterum autem censeo Power Level esse delendam.

I think theres a new arc tracer rifle on the way.

Current theory is its connected to the eyes on the doomed planet.

• Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular

I figured as much. But all the game tells you it’s power level 750 or some such. It’s an unpleasant surprise and a waste of time.

It also tells you it's a Strike, which is 3-man content. I'm sure it could be clearer, but that's the logic; it's balanced for 3 Guardians with at least 750 power each.

Enemies never get get trivialised in this game, which some people hate but it's good for the game's overall health.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Anyone remember doing that corrupted strike with 6 people, before they fixed the glitch? That was fun.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Speaking of trivializing enemies, YVWH bless swords. I've never killed so many champions, bosses and majors in one sitting as I just did using my well-rolled champion bonker.

My reward was two blues and some glimmer, but its the journey that matters.

I'd like to thank the Forge Farm, for giving me four god-roll or near enough weapons, and Bungie, for letting it all happen. I'd also like to thank the Darkness, as without them we'd never have gotten that groupie on Mars to stop talking to us. And I'd like to thank the Drifter, for making a plan come together.

Furthermore, it is my opinion that Power Level must be destroyed.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    In case anyone missed it, it was confirmed yesterday that paying all the extra cost for the 3rd row of umbral engram focuses gets you a guaranteed minimum of 10 in the stat chosen.

So, don't do it.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I'll argue against not paying...because I think there is a triumph for doing each one once?

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Optimally you would wait until the last day of the season, since you could get most or all of them dropped from doing Contact.

• Options
    Xagar wrote: »
    Optimally you would wait until the last day of the season, since you could get most or all of them dropped from doing Contact.

I guess the other argument is they don't cost anything that matters. Twisted energy is going to be one of those seasonal currencies where you might be a little bit tight on now but in a couple weeks time you'll have coming out your ears. The doo-hickeys are just purchased for legendary shards which, uh, yeah. Those cease to be a meaningful currencies after you've played for a couple months, much less years that some of us have been going at this.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    How does it stack up against Telesto? That’s one of my go-tos.
    Telesto is way easier to use and also pisses people off, so it has a lot going for it.

Bastion is in the kinetic slot, though (still uses special ammo).

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    One thing about Bastion is that it's massive overkill. And not in a bad way. Because it's basically 3 bursts as far as I remember. If the enemy is in range it will tear them to pieces. And then the guy behind them too. And maybe even the guy behind that guy. Assuming they are all close enough and in line when it goes off.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    the one bummer about competitive is that the bonus you get for the week incentivizes you to just not play. I'm within 10 points of fabled I now, and it would be stupid to gamble that on playing more, especially with the connection stuff going around.

But I like playing competitive! And now I have to wait a week to do it.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    One thing about Bastion is that it's massive overkill. And not in a bad way. Because it's basically 3 bursts as far as I remember. If the enemy is in range it will tear them to pieces. And then the guy behind them too. And maybe even the guy behind that guy. Assuming they are all close enough and in line when it goes off.
    Yuuuup.

My personal best, which isn't amazing I am sure, was rapidly killing 4 Guardians with it in two shots. Bastion just punches through everything and kills it dead.

It definitely takes getting used to, though, due to the longer than expected wind up.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Bastion has a learning curve but it's the best "nope" button in the crucible (taking over from Jotunn, farewell sweet prince).

Trying to kill me in super? Nope!

Trying to hide behind a barricade/in a well? Nope!

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    The raid went well this week, got an upgrade on nearly every slot! Last drop was my helmet.

Then every single one of my powerful umbrals plus prime dropped as a helmet. :confused:

My next small upgrade goes to my energy slot. Yay!

I then grab 4 drops from Hawthorne. They are dropping at a light that would be an upgrade for 5 (power, chest, legs, gloves, bond) out of my 8 slots.

Energy, Energy, Energy, Energy

I hate this system. It completely disrespects my time.

edit: My next prime just now was a helmet. My highest slot and therefore not an upgrade. It would have upgraded any other slot
    edit2: Next powerful (Flashpoint) was an energy weapon

ObiFett on
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    It’s amazing how people show up to Contact without bringing Champion-modded weapons.

Lucky for them I roll up with Seventh Seraph Carbine (Barrier), Point of the Stag (Overload) and Leviathan’s Breath (Unstoppable). War Mind cells are still great.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Shamus wrote: »
    It’s amazing how people show up to Contact without bringing Champion-modded weapons.

Lucky for them I roll up with Seventh Seraph Carbine (Barrier), Point of the Stag (Overload) and Leviathan’s Breath (Unstoppable). War Mind cells are still great.

Yeah, with the glove mod for unstoppable pulse rifles, I show up with Bygones, Eriana's, and a sword to murder overload champs.

That is a setup that can handily take care of everything.

• Options
    I do want to eventually mix in Sneak Attack using the Seventh Seraph sidearm but unfortunately lack the slots just yet.

• Options
    YerMumYerMum Registered User regular

I just bring mountaintop and Mr Choppy (Fallen Guillotine), seems to work out just fine :hydra:

Rugged individualist
    Destiny Profile : http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7028016
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    it's not listed in the weapon, but Witherhoard seems to eat through unstoppable champions just fine. I really only worry about barrier champions with a smg slot.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    The raid went well this week, got an upgrade on nearly every slot! Last drop was my helmet.

Then every single one of my powerful umbrals dropped as a helmet. :confused:

I then grab 4 drops from Hawthorne. They are dropping at a light that would be an upgrade for 5 (power, chest, legs, gloves, bond) out of my 8 slots.

Garden of Energy Weapons has never not been fucking irritating thing.

I ran GoS on monday night for some quick pinnacles before the end of the week. I actually got an arm drop from the first chest. Check my collections screen later, there's the arm. I realise that in the entire last like 9 months, my hunter has never gotten a single gauntlet drop.

• Options
    YerMum wrote: »

I just bring mountaintop and Mr Choppy (Fallen Guillotine), seems to work out just fine :hydra:

Yeah, a good sword will make work of most champions without any regard for their mechanics.

• Options
    The mod thing is entirely dependent upon light level. At top light you can basically plow through any of the champions without needing their specific mods.

Which probably shouldn't be a thing but... I want to use fun weapons damn it.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

Then every single one of my powerful umbrals dropped as a helmet. :confused:

Garden of Energy Weapons has never not been fucking irritating thing.

I ran GoS on monday night for some quick pinnacles before the end of the week. I actually got an arm drop from the first chest. Check my collections screen later, there's the arm. I realise that in the entire last like 9 months, my hunter has never gotten a single gauntlet drop.

Those 4 energies werent from GoS. Those were from Hawthorne. Surprisingly enough GoS was kind to me this week.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    YerMum wrote: »

Yeah, a good sword will make work of most champions without any regard for their mechanics.

Agreed. If you have a really good sword, you really just need to pack anti-barrier. You can also run overload on void nades too, which I argue that all classes should be doing during that mode for oppressive darkness. At that point, you just have unstoppable left, and you can solve that by running MT/Devils Ruin/sword.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Last Twitch Prime drop is out: https://twitch.amazon.com/prime/loot/destiny2
    Cerebral Explosion emote, Burnout sparrow, Plasma Shell ghost, and Stellar Pavements ship

• Options
    When using Witherhoard, I noticed that it's actually kinda of barrier piercing. If the DoT is on the champion when it summons the barrier, it deals damage to the barrier and can stagger it.

• Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Cerebral Explosion emote, Burnout sparrow, Plasma Shell ghost, and Stellar Pavements ship

Thanks for the reminder.

How often are these ? Every 2 months ? I feel I got the last one quite recently, but can’t remember when.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

Thanks for the reminder.

How often are these ? Every 2 months ? I feel I got the last one quite recently, but can’t remember when.

this is the final one, but they were about a month a piece

• Options
    edited June 2020
    I’m kinda in love with my Gnawing Hunger.

It’s not the preferred roll, but it feels familiar enough I’m gonna masterwork it this season instead of chasing a perfect roll.

Edit: Bonus, it doesn’t leave a bad taste in my mouth like using Hard Light did last season.

Shamus on
  • Options

It’s not the preferred roll, but it feels familiar enough I’m gonna masterwork it this season instead of chasing a perfect roll.

Edit: Bonus, it doesn’t leave a bad taste in my mouth like using Hard Light did last season.

Gnawing Hunger has been a fantastic AR since Season of the Drifter dropped over a year ago. It's just ARs were kinda eh till recently and other options were outshining it.

The perk pool is also almost all good. Everything in the right column is good and most things in the left one.

• Options

Gnawing Hunger has been a fantastic AR since Season of the Drifter dropped over a year ago. It's just ARs were kinda eh till recently and other options were outshining it.

The perk pool is also almost all good. Everything in the right column is good and most things in the left one.

Plus not having to play Gambit or Reckoning helps. It’s got Tap the Trigger and Rampage, which I’m content with.

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Yep, that's the roll I have too. Plus a bigger mag (46 shots). While it won't just delete opponents, it is great for mowing down hordes of baddies and can even do some relatively decent work in PvP (if you can land headshots). I used to think my energy slot was going to be permanently locked to The Recluse, but I see now that isn't true at all!

26904.png