Options

[FFBE] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE NEW THREAD

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Oh hey, daily 4 pull dropped ARain#4. Not sure how much use I'll get out of that STMR but options are nice.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    How does one build a X2 Rikku? I keep seeing ATK/Evade/Provoke and dont even know how people have gear for that loadout

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    How to do you beat the horse thing? I realized I don't have any medals for DV but ADV is a major PITA. I'm using Vaan to imperil fire and break. 3x NV Tifa chaining (2 with fire weapons), AC cloud finishing, with WM Rosa to break bar. However chaining Tifa's only gets it to 35-45% HP, romping through another 3 rounds is annoying as hell.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    How to do you beat the horse thing? I realized I don't have any medals for DV but ADV is a major PITA. I'm using Vaan to imperil fire and break. 3x NV Tifa chaining (2 with fire weapons), AC cloud finishing, with WM Rosa to break bar. However chaining Tifa's only gets it to 35-45% HP, romping through another 3 rounds is annoying as hell.

It is innately weak to Dark and is both beast/bird race. I used WM Rosa to break bar, Vaan to break, Dr.Aiden to imbue/Imperil Dark. Then I Braveshift NV Cloud (so he has some AoE to kill the Elementals. He also has some spirit killer along with beast and bird) and then chain everything to death.

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Finally, 5T Behemoth K clear with @Zomro NV Cloud using the Sinzar strategy. The gear bug meant that the friend NV Cloud didn't have a Vision Card equipped in battle, even though he had it equipped in the Friend Select screen. Oh well. It took me a couple attempts because I was doing a full evade PCecil and I had to figure out the best way to gear him so he still had enough HP/SPR to survive.

Despite having a wide array of things available to replicate the Sinzar strat, I have yet to actually get it to work. Turn one just wrecks everything immediately, even with full evade and fire resist P Cecil goes down and rampage murder everyone through evade it seems like.

• Options
    Finally, 5T Behemoth K clear with @Zomro NV Cloud using the Sinzar strategy. The gear bug meant that the friend NV Cloud didn't have a Vision Card equipped in battle, even though he had it equipped in the Friend Select screen. Oh well. It took me a couple attempts because I was doing a full evade PCecil and I had to figure out the best way to gear him so he still had enough HP/SPR to survive.

Despite having a wide array of things available to replicate the Sinzar strat, I have yet to actually get it to work. Turn one just wrecks everything immediately, even with full evade and fire resist P Cecil goes down and rampage murder everyone through evade it seems like.

Rampage shouldn't go through evade. However, if your Cecil is dying before the last ApE Magic hit then maybe that's what is killing everyone. I found my Cecil needed around 19k HP and 1.3k SPR along with the evade/resists, along with magic mitigation cast, to survive. The strategy as Sinzar does it killed before having to deal with the Meteor phase, but I had a single meteor phase round where I survived by popping Cecil's big magic mitigation.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Does anyone play War of the Visions? Is this the thread for it? I saw an email that they were doing a FFT event and since I'm a sucker for Agrias I jumped in. The rates are purely the worst I've ever seen. I'm on nearly 10 10x pulls and haven't seen a single FFT unit. My next 10x pull on the Agrias banner has a UR guaranteed.. My previous one was Mediena. So far there's really no reason for me to keep playing after this event is over. But it's been a nice distraction from the slowly decaying sanity I call life.

There was a thread for it but I think everyone there either quit or just stopped posting. And yeah, I've watched some pull videos (I find them relaxing for whatever reason) and the rates do look like absolute garbage.

Yeah just did the UR pull and got Rain. So I now have Rain, Fina, and Mediena. Ugh.

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular

Rampage shouldn't go through evade. However, if your Cecil is dying before the last ApE Magic hit then maybe that's what is killing everyone. I found my Cecil needed around 19k HP and 1.3k SPR along with the evade/resists, along with magic mitigation cast, to survive. The strategy as Sinzar does it killed before having to deal with the Meteor phase, but I had a single meteor phase round where I survived by popping Cecil's big magic mitigation.

That must be the problem.

• Options
    Does anyone play War of the Visions? Is this the thread for it? I saw an email that they were doing a FFT event and since I'm a sucker for Agrias I jumped in. The rates are purely the worst I've ever seen. I'm on nearly 10 10x pulls and haven't seen a single FFT unit. My next 10x pull on the Agrias banner has a UR guaranteed.. My previous one was Mediena. So far there's really no reason for me to keep playing after this event is over. But it's been a nice distraction from the slowly decaying sanity I call life.

There was a thread for it but I think everyone there either quit or just stopped posting. And yeah, I've watched some pull videos (I find them relaxing for whatever reason) and the rates do look like absolute garbage.

Yeah just did the UR pull and got Rain. So I now have Rain, Fina, and Mediena. Ugh.

Just when you thought you'd escaped Rain and co!

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I keep Cecil on the team and have him put up magic mitigation turn one, break it with Rosa and then chain. Brings it down under 40% turn one, then I kill it on turn two.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    @Cruor mind sharing how you got Cecil to that HP/SPR with full evade and proper fire res?

Blackhawk1313 on
  • Options
    @Cruor mind sharing how you got Cecil to that HP/SPR with full evade and proper fire res?
    nk01zlqgmqwt.pngpr2lbzk2nmbe.png

For Esper he's on Phoenix.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »

My general strategy was as mentioned in this post. Basically you want to spend the first turn breaking and making sure the white fairy is dead, then murder on turn 2. The white fairy casts mitigation every turn, which make it annoying to kill the pegasus.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I have to wait for companion list to refresh, but I think I can get Behemoth. Since I can't get Cecil to 100% evade along with everyone else, I had to build him super tanky and try to power through. I got to the meteor phase, but it killed him off, meaning I didn't have him to support chain for the Clouds, and Behemoth survived with 4% HP. I need to save his big magic mitigation for the meteor. I reworked him to have more SPR, but lost a little fire resist, so I'll need to watch out for the fire damage until he can get his fire resist buff up.

But I'm close to beating it and then never doing it ever again.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Came close with a small Cecil revamp but got shit break luck and the multiple meteors clobbered him at 6% followed by everyone else. Still feel a little more hp is in order and think I can get it when one of y’alls awesome Clouds refreshes.

EDIT:
    PSA - My Cloud is now even stupider, I completely forgot about a couple STMRs that were low hanging fruit (Looking at you Sea Dragon) so there’s more beast killer fit in etc.

Blackhawk1313 on
  • Options
    Hey folks, would anyone be down to make a perfect evade magic cover tank for me to use? Switched things up and actually got really close on BK using only my units, but I’m just shy in the evade gear to make the whole team perfect evade, and my P Cecil is just still a tiny bit too squishy to carry things. Perfect Evade, High HP/SPR and High Light Resist are what I’d need. Appreciate any help that can be offered. :)

• Options
    Do you need death immunity on that magic tank?

• Options

Preferable but not essential.

• Options

He's up in Nemesis 1. 200% Light Resist, 20k HP, 1.6k SPR, 100% Evade. No death immunity but since he's in the last slot that shouldn't be too much of an issue if you're using NV damage dealers.

• Options
    So I finally pulled an NV this morning. NV Cloud #1 from a reforming crystal. Leveled him up, but turns out I'm missing 10 Fragments for his EX-1. With the pack gone, what are my options? I didn't see anything in the soon shop. Will an 11-pull on a banner to get one of those tickets work?

• Options
    edited September 2020

He's up in Nemesis 1. 200% Light Resist, 20k HP, 1.6k SPR, 100% Evade. No death immunity but since he's in the last slot that shouldn't be too much of an issue if you're using NV damage dealers.

Much appreciated, I just couldn’t quite get him to 100% evade while having everyone else at it too, and 75% apparently meant nothing because he just kept getting rocked right through it. Got it to 19% and would have killed if he’d just lived to chain on that turn. So mad at my Cecil right now lol.

EDIT:
    Annddd as I finished sending this I realized a permutation that gives the entire team perfect evasion including Cecil because of course I did now. Still gonna use your Cecil now to have Aerith/Kuja annihilate that bastard since it’s there. :)

Blackhawk1313 on
  • Options
    I think you can still get 10 fragments with an Overdrive ticket you get from a 5k. Check the Overdrive store first, since I'm pretty sure the stock in it expires.

• Options
    I think you can still get 10 fragments with an Overdrive ticket you get from a 5k. Check the Overdrive store first, since I'm pretty sure the stock in it expires.

Yep you can, rewards just get added on in there so the earlier ones remain

• Options

EDIT:
    Annddd as I finished sending this I realized a permutation that gives the entire team perfect evasion including Cecil because of course I did now. Still gonna use your Cecil now to have Aerith/Kuja annihilate that bastard since it’s there. :)

Haha, well, my NV Cloud is still up if you wanna try that.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Got Behemoth down. I was able to retool my Cecil to have 100% dodge. Had to dip into items like Jiraiya's TMR to pull it off (Yuraisha used it and DW'd evade katanas).

Thanks, Blackhawk and Cruor for the Clouds!

Zomro on
  • Options
    Behemoth down as well, Kuja & Aerith’s Light Power Hour ground it out. Thanks for the Cecil Cruor!

• Options
    I told myself I was done with this banner after the lucky snag of Aerith x 2, but I still need one more red XIII... hmm.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Got any UoCs you can burn? Probably cheaper.

• Options
    I figure more Reds will drop for me eventually. I don't even have his STMR yet. I gotta keep saving for Elena/Yoshikiri and then Halloween units after that. Pretty excited to see what the seasonal units look like in the NV era.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    I figure more Reds will drop for me eventually. I don't even have his STMR yet. I gotta keep saving for Elena/Yoshikiri and then Halloween units after that. Pretty excited to see what the seasonal units look like in the NV era.

Yeah I’m trying hard to resist lol, more thinking of just spending some lapis and leaving tickets be for then since I’ll buy more when the banner comes round. Because I need Elena NV, not gonna miss that.

I’m low on UoCs sadly, back up to 5 again but if I stop being lazy there is a couple low hanging fruit ones I could get. Bleh. Beating behemoth now has me exhausted frankly. Been an all weekend project.

And another NV Rain and a Rufus Shinra to show for it. Which, meh. At least it’s 4 more overdrive tickets that I’ll not spend because I get paralyzed deciding what to use them on in shop. -_-

Blackhawk1313 on
  • Options
    I threw a few more tickets at the banner. Landed 5* shadow #2, and, surprisingly enough, NV Aerith. I guess I'll have to get some shards to get her to Ex+1.

• Options
    After running a full freebie lap with zero rainbows (I still have about 12k Lapis in story to do so Im not worried about supply yet) Todays daily dropped blue and cracked all the way to a NV Aerith. So good thing I have those Overdrive Tickets now :) Which btw, there is zero tell in the Rainbow-NV Crystal crack animation.

Also FFBE, if you could NVA Lila, Malphaisie, Orlandeau, and Nalu so I can be rid of the 6 of each of them I have lying around thatd be super!

• Options
    We will be getting NVA Nalu eventually. She comes with NV Edel's banner and she's pretty decent. I assume that Orlandeau will get an NVA when NV Ramza happens, but that hasn't happened yet in JP so *shrug*. I have a feeling we'll get NVAs for Malphasie (and the other unit design units) when the new unit design contest units happen. No idea about Lila, no word of anything for her yet in JP.

• Options
    Strange, I did 5 or so runs of the DV/Rain challenge stage yesterday with Rem, worked great (mostly because I realized Tifa's BS had no equipment ha). Only could do 5 since I had to keep refreshing for friend Rems. However this morning I just did 2 runs and both of them the Rainbow horse wiped my party? Nothing's changed equipment wise from last night. I'm at a loss as to what is going on.

• Options
    Reigner wrote: »
    After running a full freebie lap with zero rainbows (I still have about 12k Lapis in story to do so Im not worried about supply yet) Todays daily dropped blue and cracked all the way to a NV Aerith. So good thing I have those Overdrive Tickets now :) Which btw, there is zero tell in the Rainbow-NV Crystal crack animation.

Also FFBE, if you could NVA Lila, Malphaisie, Orlandeau, and Nalu so I can be rid of the 6 of each of them I have lying around thatd be super!

Do you know, I don't think I ever got a second Orlandeau in all this time? Nine Malphasies though.

• Options
    We will be getting NVA Nalu eventually. She comes with NV Edel's banner and she's pretty decent. I assume that Orlandeau will get an NVA when NV Ramza happens, but that hasn't happened yet in JP so *shrug*. I have a feeling we'll get NVAs for Malphasie (and the other unit design units) when the new unit design contest units happen. No idea about Lila, no word of anything for her yet in JP.

Beryls whole initial gimmick was a precursor to the the Brave Shift concept!

• Options
    Screw you Behemoth K, done with you for good now. Went back in and used Clouds since I missed the turn mark and kill with LB last time. Success at last with just the barest more bulk on P Cecil along with perfect evade. This fight though, good lord. Things went off rails and Doc Aiden had to carry the team for a bit to recover but was in a pretty good spot, needing to only wait 1 more turn to BS back and LB finish.

Before:
    ne7x2ab39df2.jpeg
    Looking great, buffed up, chains prepping for LB brought him all the way down to 7%.

After:
    Behemoth proceeds to wreck my team through reraise, and it’s only the fortunate living of the Clouds and Rain that I escaped.
    u9cxqdwawf6g.jpeg

So glad I’m done. Thanks @Cruor for the Cloud. You too @Zomro, almost got it with yours previously.

• Options

God I would love an NV Beryl that does the whole mode shifting like that.

• Options
    Drascin wrote: »

God I would love an NV Beryl that does the whole mode shifting like that.

As long as they remove the dying and resurrecting part. He was an awesome unit, marred by someone not thinking through the concept. It would be like someone's BS removing all buffs and active skills when they do it.

• Options
    Hmm go from no NV to 2. Just got another Cloud. Any point at doing anything with him since I didn’t farm the medals?

Also both cards are the DV one. Seems like cactuars cards are rare. Should i level one of them? Seems like they are weaker than mad dash or the other main NV cards.