As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Kata Zero [chat]

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

1. FF7 Remake
    2. Hades
    3. Last of Us pt2
    4. Animal Crossing
    5. Ghosts of Tsushima (I haven't played this yet)
    6. Doom Eternal

1) TLoU2
    2) GoT
    3) Doesn't matter

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Stacey have you played Hades yet? Or is it not your style?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    i really don't know how other people live

even when i slack off big time i apparently work harder and better than other people

am i a fool

I assume factory workers and retail people and cleaning staff all work much harder than we do but knowledge work seems to be plagued with do-nothing employees

sig.gif
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Hades is the only game on that list I played so it’s all that matters.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

even when i slack off big time i apparently work harder and better than other people

am i a fool

I assume factory workers and retail people and cleaning staff all work much harder than we do but knowledge work seems to be plagued with do-nothing employees

oh, yeah, i was specifically talking about people doing the same job i'm doing

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    like when i took over my current duties my boss told me not to worry about trying to look over everything every day because that would be unreasonable to expect

and i look over everything every day in about an hour and a half

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    the best game this year is fifa 21 i will not be answering questions on this

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I had a fucking excellent cinnamon bun this morning. The coffee roastery / bakery near work had made some.

It was far crispier than you'd expect, very light on the filling and had no icing. And yet...

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Tarkov, if those crazy Russians ever figure out it not running like a sideshow

Read: MMOFPS with permadeath

Nikita you crazy motherfucker

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I had a fucking excellent cinnamon bun this morning. The coffee roastery / bakery near work had made some.

It was far crispier than you'd expect, very light on the filling and had no icing. And yet...

icing masks a lot of flawed craftsmanship

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I've been enjoying watch dogs legion but my rtx 3070 cant run it at 60fps and it makes me sad

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

icing masks a lot of flawed craftsmanship

icing is the Jack Daniel's charcoal barrel

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    The damn fools didn't put photos of them on their Twitter.

WHAT IS THE POINT OF TWITTER THEN

• Options
    *flips table* come on then

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Stacey have you played Hades yet? Or is it not your style?

Not my style sadly.

It is very pretty. And looks great for what it is.

It just so happens that what it is is a list of things that I do not like haha.

• Options
    Abdy I've got Fiction (Dreams in Digital) on now and man that's a banger

they were good

• Options
    Tav wrote: »
    the best game this year is fifa 21 i will not be answering questions on this

mcc used to run these great goty polls and I always just voted for the game I had the most fun with that year. MLB The Show on the PSP and Test Drive Unlimited on the 360 were both GotYs for me.

• Options
    it's a little different than I remember because the copy I grabbed off Kazaa must have been remixed

• Options
    Yakuza 7 is absolutely great btw for anyone wondering.

Best game in the series hands down.

Dub is great. Ichiban > Kiryu. New combat/character progression fits the style of the game extremely well.

Really hoping they go down this route again.

Lots of stuff they can improve on so I'd love to see them get another crack at it. But it's a really great first go in the genre.

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    I never get bothered about game awards. It is rare for me to have played one on the list (Hades!) so cannot compare to the others.

• Options
    I've been enjoying watch dogs legion but my rtx 3070 cant run it at 60fps and it makes me sad

That can't be right

CPU bottleneck? Or 4k with DLSS off?

• Options

they were good

There was a period of my life in middle school when Orgy was my favorite band.

Stitches was another one of my fav tracks by them.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Six wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    I have not listened to new music in months

What is something I should listen to

I would like suggestions to ignore so I can listen to the entire Zazen Boys discography instead

I went through a whole thing with this post. I read the quote and thought, “yeah, I need new music too.” Then “oh maybe I should listen to these. I wish I had some context because what I’m really in the mood for is synth-y stuff and this probably won’t be”—click. “Oh, awesome”

For sparse melancholy synths might I also recommend Ceitidh Mac

https://youtube.com/watch?v=OHIbnnlp_r8

https://youtube.com/watch?v=8TIqGUj2TwE

japan on
  • Options

they were good

There was a period of my life in middle school when Orgy was my favorite band.

Stitches was another one of my fav tracks by them.

the music video was d o p e

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Eddy

If you haven't read this one yet, this one is a better late night feeling anxious sort of SCP

http://www.scpwiki.com/scp-3352

Feral I just read this (in broad daylight) and honestly it was cool to follow the chemical shoptalk and honestly pretty inspiring(?) at the end

I kept expecting something unsettling like the exploration log in http://www.scpwiki.com/scp-2951

@Eddy

Same! I thought it was generally well-done, and it was nice to have an SCP that has a happy ending.

I also appreciate the obvious joke:
    It's a steel beam that jet fuel can't melt.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    i think my goty is league of legends season 10. close second is destiny 2 beyond light

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/11/18/amd-radeon-rx-6800-xt-review/
    Boo, it sounds like it's half-baked.
    AMD are still working on their answer to DLSS, leaving the RX 6800 XT at a severe disadvantage compared to its RTX competition. Worse still, we currently don’t know when it’s going to be available either. Dubbed FidelityFX Super Resolution (catchy), AMD have told me it will bring “an open, easily adoptable super resolution capability which will boost ray tracing performance at higher resolutions” when it’s finally released, but beyond that… who knows.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    i think my goty is league of legends season 10. close second is destiny 2 beyond light

Loathsome troll detected!

sig.gif
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular

am i a fool

Really think we could have achieved a shorter work week by now but we stick with a longer one because of inertia so people just dick around all the time.

I know when I was in real estate I'd often find myself without work to do in about half the hours

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    like when i took over my current duties my boss told me not to worry about trying to look over everything every day because that would be unreasonable to expect

in my only ever office job I digitized more files in a week than the last person digitized in an entire summer
    i was rewarded by being given finger breaking manual labor stuffing promotional bags
    ):<

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Eddy wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    @Eddy

If you haven't read this one yet, this one is a better late night feeling anxious sort of SCP

http://www.scpwiki.com/scp-3352

@Feral I just read this (in broad daylight) and honestly it was cool to follow the chemical shoptalk and honestly pretty inspiring(?) at the end

I kept expecting something unsettling like the exploration log in http://www.scpwiki.com/scp-2951

the briefest of skims tells me this is some grade A cheeki breeki STALKER industrial accident shit

SummaryJudgment on
  • Options
    God of War and Mortal Shell are the two things I played this year that I really liked

• Options
    navgoose wrote: »
    I never get bothered about game awards. It is rare for me to have played one on the list (Hades!) so cannot compare to the others.

Awards don't matter. Learning about what different people had the most fun with is interesting.

• Options
    You ever see concrete boil? It doesn't, not really. But if you hit it with enough heat — hard enough, fast enough — it turns brown, then gets soft…

yeah that's the good shit

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular

That can't be right

1080p with DLSS off, but DLSS on performance causes even more fluctuation in framerate!

I have a 9th gen i5 and 32gb of ram, the game just runs like ass

It gets ~80fps when not on the street

Assassin's Creed Valhalla on the other hand, with the new vidya card, I bottom out at around 40fps in 4k ultra, and get 80+ at all times in 1080p ultra

• Options

That can't be right

1080p with DLSS off, but DLSS on performance causes even more fluctuation in framerate!

I have a 9th gen i5 and 32gb of ram, the game just runs like ass

It gets ~80fps when not on the street

Assassin's Creed Valhalla on the other hand, with the new vidya card, I bottom out at around 40fps in 4k ultra, and get 80+ at all times in 1080p ultra

then DLSS numbers make sense, it's barely costly enough to to justify running in 1440p and isn't worth the performance hit in 1080p

hmm

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Speaking of SCP and ray tracing, I really like Control so far.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

I agree with this tweet.

Half Life Alyx was awesome and it's disappointing more people didn't get to play it

but that also shouldn't exempt it from GOTY, because it's WAY better than multiple games on that list.

Also Hades is good but I liked FF7 Remake better. But this is maybe partially due to Hades kicking my ass a lot harder.

• Options

in my only ever office job I digitized more files in a week than the last person digitized in an entire summer
    i was rewarded by being given finger breaking manual labor stuffing promotional bags
    ):<

I despise the corporate habit of rewarding hard work with more work.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

1. FF7 Remake
    2. Hades
    3. Last of Us pt2
    4. Animal Crossing
    5. Ghosts of Tsushima (I haven't played this yet)
    6. Doom Eternal

1) TLoU2
    2) GoT
    3) Doesn't matter

Hot Take: TLoU2 is like an 8/10 game. Too long, story was a little hamfisted at times. Gorgeous game and the stealth combat stuff is really fun, but could have done with trimming a bunch.

This discussion has been closed.