Options

Cyberpunk 2077, the Seizure Inducing Videogame, Released December 10

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    ilr49ebw0t6v.png

something that is nice is that some of the cyberware face stuff has an inherent colour, liek this one has a green-blue gold colour is noice

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    3080 with GeForce Experience optimized settings at 4k and all Raytracing on with DLSS at Performance. It’ll sit 55 fps in some places with 60+ in others. Hoping someone figures out a guide on what you can turn down to lock it at 60 and move DLSS up to quality. I did turn on Vsync to eliminate tearing on my TV.

The early driving scene in the rain in Night City looked amazing though.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    really feeling these kicks (char screenshot)
    1ao09j8ksm2c.png

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Wally if you have a screenshot of like a cityscape scene I'd be curious to see it because our PC's seem pretty much identical, and I had kind of written off being able to try this game at all considering my gpu.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Honk wrote: »
    Wally if you have a screenshot of like a cityscape scene I'd be curious to see it because our PC's seem pretty much identical, and I had kind of written off being able to try this game at all considering my gpu.
    it's currently 11 pm ingame, I'll make a nice screenie for you as soon as it's daytime
    Edit: and a video

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    also, I hadn't had this explained by the tutorial, I think? but you can climb ledges, and if you run and press crouch, V does a slide on the ground

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna fuck around with graphics settings today, and maybe try a streetkid start. I think the corpo start has some very odd texture choices that amplify the things that are bad about the graphics. Practically every surface and random NPC in both the Corp building and the nightclub looked off.

• Options
    Part of my problem is I try to set up games for 100+ fps. Especially shooters. Seems like getting there is impossible in this game without DLSS, and I'm not sure if it's DLSS that's making things look "weird" to me or if it's intentional design choices.

The texture pop in is ridiculous at any level of detail, though.

• Options
    Rius wrote: »
    Part of my problem is I try to set up games for 100+ fps. Especially shooters. Seems like getting there is impossible in this game without DLSS, and I'm not sure if it's DLSS that's making things look "weird" to me or if it's intentional design choices.

When do you experience texture pop in, and are you using a sata, or a pcie SSD?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    I'm stuck wearing booty shorts because they're the best armor I have. Now I never want to get rid of them.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I can't have my eyebrows match my hair color? Bullshit.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited December 2020

So the first time I noticed it was in the lobby of the corpo building start. I think I had settings on High/Ultra at the time. I noticed NPCs far away in the lobby (30 feet?) had low res hairdos, and approaching them made their hair update and pop in as more detailed.

Later, when taking the "look at our awesome city design" car ride, I noticed building textures would steadily, and quite noticeably, become more detailed as I approached. As in, wow, that building just jumped from 10 to 30 windows.

I was streaming; let me pull some clips. The game is installed on a modern (~1 year old) NVME SSD.

Rius on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular

Texture pop-in is still a common enough problem in lots of PC games, unfortunately. In my case, I'm CPU bound probably in those games (having an old i5)--a very fast NVme won't fix it.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    the character creator not having sliders is weird tho

lemme SLIDERS

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    the character creator not having sliders is weird tho

lemme SLIDERS

Painting that golden gate Bridge green just for your

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    I went corporate so didn’t make many changes to the default character. Partly because it’s already pretty good and partly because sticking close to the default felt like the corporate thing to do.

Quid on
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    I long for the day developers no longer feel the need to spend time making junk items that clutter areas and waste your time picking them up then take up space in your inventory until you can convert them to real monies. Just such an unnecessary addition to any game—feels like we're incrementally improving, with how most of them have a "sell all junk" button, but man, just get rid of it.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Does anybody know if there's a way to change your appearance after character creation? Seems like a no-brainer in a cyberpunk game, but I can't find anything.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Anyone with a 2080 have any insights on performance?

I've got a 2080 and I went with detected settings RT/DLSS on with a mix of High/Ultra and the game looks amazing. No issues so far

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Edit: there seems to be an ingame ad playing with moaning at around 0:21.. possibly a bit nsfw?

Be aware that there's youtube video artefacting making the videos look worse
    It seems I have a low threshold for playability, because that certainly could look nicer, but it's what I'd call "playable"

I didn't touch the crowd size slider, it is at maximum, because that just has to be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6AgLpJxXLE

But it's about as slow as the game gets. - indoors, and with less people, it's at 60fps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGD0Z-kFwrM

I also activated dynamic resolution scaling, but only to about 80% of base res

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options

So the first time I noticed it was in the lobby of the corpo building start. I think I had settings on High/Ultra at the time. I noticed NPCs far away in the lobby (30 feet?) had low res hairdos, and approaching them made their hair update and pop in as more detailed.

Later, when taking the "look at our awesome city design" car ride, I noticed building textures would steadily, and quite noticeably, become more detailed as I approached. As in, wow, that building just jumped from 10 to 30 windows.

I was streaming; let me pull some clips. The game is installed on a modern (~1 year old) NVME SSD.

So here's a clip from after I hit the lobby (this is a minute or two into the Corpo start, so I'll put it in spoilers I guess? It's a building lobby, not a spoiler by any possible definition); I was messing around with different settings levels trying to get above 90 FPS without using DLSS, at first. So this is 1440p at Medium settings, with all the "cinematic" stuff (film grain, chromatic aberration, lens flares) off, DLSS off, RTX off.

https://clips.twitch.tv/PlacidGoldenSquirrelCoolStoryBob

The two NPCs standing in front of the elevator shouldn't be popping in and out like that at this level of detail, and if they are, in this plain of an environment, I should really be getting 120+ FPS and not 75-80.

This clip is from a few minutes later; I'm now on medium/high settings with DLSS enabled. Specifically, "Level of Detail" is High (the maximum setting) and DLSS is set to Balanced. Getting 110-120 fps at this point. Watch the buildings outside the window as I fly towards/past them. RTX is Off.

https://clips.twitch.tv/RudeTransparentClipsdadShadyLulu

What the fuck is that? Why do the buildings suddenly sprout 10x as many windows, and lighting sources, at such close distances? It's incredibly distracting.

• Options

So here's a clip from after I hit the lobby (this is a minute or two into the Corpo start, so I'll put it in spoilers I guess? It's a building lobby, not a spoiler by any possible definition); I was messing around with different settings levels trying to get above 90 FPS without using DLSS, at first. So this is 1440p at Medium settings, with all the "cinematic" stuff (film grain, chromatic aberration, lens flares) off, DLSS off, RTX off.

The two NPCs standing in front of the elevator shouldn't be popping in and out like that at this level of detail, and if they are, in this plain of an environment, I should really be getting 120+ FPS and not 75-80.

This clip is from a few minutes later; I'm now on medium/high settings with DLSS enabled. Specifically, "Level of Detail" is High (the maximum setting) and DLSS is set to Balanced. Getting 110-120 fps at this point. Watch the buildings outside the window as I fly towards/past them. RTX is Off.

What the fuck is that? Why do the buildings suddenly sprout 10x as many windows, and lighting sources, at such close distances? It's incredibly distracting.

that seems to be LOD scaling, not texture popup. Is your LOD scaling at highest quality already?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    also lol, do NOT stand on the car lane

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

I've got a 2080 and I went with detected settings RT/DLSS on with a mix of High/Ultra and the game looks amazing. No issues so far

can you make the game re-detect settings?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

can you make the game re-detect settings?

No idea

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular

Super glad I went with the PC ver now.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    edited December 2020

that seems to be LOD scaling, not texture popup. Is your LOD scaling at highest quality already?

In these clips, the Level of Detail setting is at maximum (High.) edit: in the first clip it's at Medium, in the second clip it's at High

Rius on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Edit: there seems to be an ingame ad playing with moaning at around 0:21.. possibly a bit nsfw?

Be aware that there's youtube video artefacting making the videos look worse
    It seems I have a low threshold for playability, because that certainly could look nicer, but it's what I'd call "playable"

I didn't touch the crowd size slider, it is at maximum, because that just has to be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6AgLpJxXLE

But it's about as slow as the game gets. - indoors, and with less people, it's at 60fps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGD0Z-kFwrM

I also activated dynamic resolution scaling, but only to about 80% of base res

Thank you kindly, this looks good and playable to me as well. I’m not super fps picky either.

THANK YOU ⭐️

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options

Isn't that explicitly "day 0", aka pre day 1 patch?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    those are some shiny-ass pants ! (char screenshot)
    qeal9trmx7mo.png

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    I saw someone me else mention it but yeah I immediately changed my DLSS setting to Quality. Still getting 60fps at 4k solid, but no graphical issues at all.

Some of the interior views are just incredible and the larger outdoor vistas are equally jaw dropping.

• Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    I toned down the volumetric fog because the game defaulted to Psycho for me. And now I'm smooth sailing at 60+ FPS. And I just turned it down to High!

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    I was planning to play this similar to how I play Deus Ex games. I was not planning to shoot people.

Jebus I have shot so many people.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I decided to fully lean into who I am, then go further.

Here is my total corpo jerk V:
    pvyk7uedurfu.jpg

I am going to avoid playing this until I beat Valhalla, but I am ready

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    I long for the day developers no longer feel the need to spend time making junk items that clutter areas and waste your time picking them up then take up space in your inventory until you can convert them to real monies. Just such an unnecessary addition to any game—feels like we're incrementally improving, with how most of them have a "sell all junk" button, but man, just get rid of it.

In the crafting skill tree there's a 1 point perk that'll auto-breakdown any piece of "junk" you pick up into crafting mats as soon as you loot it. It also gives you a small amount of crafting XP as well for every piece.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    SchadenfreudeSchadenfreude Mean Mister Mustard Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    I decided to fully lean into who I am, then go further.

Here is my total corpo jerk V:
    pvyk7uedurfu.jpg

I am going to avoid playing this until I beat Valhalla, but I am ready

Same boat here i think. Pretty sure I've only a session left on Valhalla, Odin be praised.

Contemplate this on the Tree of Woe
  • Options
    GiantGeek2020GiantGeek2020 Registered User regular
    How does saving work in this is it checkpoint autosave or manual?

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I got this, started it installed, woke up early before work and had a go. Sadly it plays like ass on my probably near decade old system. Considering doing a long-overdue upgrade.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    How does saving work in this is it checkpoint autosave or manual?

both.

There are autosaves and manual ones.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    I had it running fine (70+ FPS) on my 2080 on ultra at 1440p with DLSS on ultra performance (mirror issues aside) right up until the (story spoilers ahead)
    first brain dance thing with Evelyn and Judy
    which caused my FPS to tank to 30-40 range and it never recovered after that.

The game is also the first game to ever actually cause my an i9-9900k to work. I'm sitting at like 80%+ usage on all cores for a good portion of the time.

El Mucho on
    BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
This discussion has been closed.