Options

Cyberpunk 2077, the Seizure Inducing Videogame, Released December 10

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Anyone have any thoughts on this?

It looks like this even with HDR off.

What the fuck. Is the light supposed to be blinding?
    Drez wrote: »
    I'm on PC, on a 2080 Ti, with all settings on Ultra. It runs great but... is this how the game is supposed to look?

(Possible gameplay spoilers)
    Cyberpunk2.jpg

Or is that just my HDR settings, maybe?

edit: Note, that's not constant, just from certain angles.

edit 2: This is my shitty joke about light bloom literally coming back to haunt me, isn't it.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Played for what I thought was a few hours; was horrified to see that it was 6 o'clock when I stopped. Oh well. Played through the MAELSTROM demo and finally got my settings to a good compromise between graphics and performance, and now running solid 3K/40 which is fine by me.

. . .for folks with AMD cards the dynamic CAS actually does a good job provided it has some headroom. I feel like we're going to need ALEX's DF optimized settings to know for sure - but this REALLY is feeling like RDR2v2.0 in terms of what people should be expecting from the graphics settings.
    Olivaw wrote: »
    I'll say that this photo mode lacks a key feature that would really help me make photos, and that's "have V look at camera"

Honestly after FF14 using any photo mode that doesn't have that feels so much worse, but this game feels especially finicky

o_0. That is in the photo-mode options.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Misty and Jackie are really cute.

Rooting for those crazy kids.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I have to believe a "redo appearance" shop will be patched in at some point.

• Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    Anyone have any thoughts on this?

It looks like this even with HDR off.

What the fuck. Is the light supposed to be blinding?
    I'm on PC, on a 2080 Ti, with all settings on Ultra. It runs great but... is this how the game is supposed to look?

(Possible gameplay spoilers)
    Cyberpunk2.jpg

Or is that just my HDR settings, maybe?

edit: Note, that's not constant, just from certain angles.

edit 2: This is my shitty joke about light bloom literally coming back to haunt me, isn't it.

Minor spoilers.
    This is before you've met up with the first ripper doc, right? Sensitivity to light is one of the symptoms he mentions. I dunno if that's causing this, but I had the same thing and never saw it again after meeting with him.

and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    I'm surprised at how genuine most of these characters in the early game come across. Lookin forward to spending more time doing crimes with em...

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I have to believe a "redo appearance" shop will be patched in at some point.
    Along with hopefully hide helmet.

This game has been in development so long and is so detailed that I'm surprised at the small convience features that are missing.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Cristoval wrote: »
    I'm surprised at how genuine most of these characters in the early game come across. Lookin forward to spending more time doing crimes with em...

CDPR is a very problematic company.

Writing and storycraft are not among those problems.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Welp, just had my first crash.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Male V's voice is perfect for my playthrough. He just sounds like sleaze incarnate.

You really need to give your protagonist a distinct voice and I think thats something they've done well so far with V and Geralt.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    So far, I can't play this game for more than 5 minutes without a "holy shit" slipping out. It looks amazing and runs incredibly (Ryzen 5 3600 and 2070 Super on Ultra, RTX off).

Just stepped out of V's apartment building for the first time and this city feels ALIVE. People and vehicles everywhere!

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    Anyone give this a go on series X yet?

Stupid work is stopping me from paying while it's just sitting on the xbox in the other room.... Waiting...

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    crashed 4 times in the first hour on a 2070 super w/ a 3950x and latest drivers so probs gonna have to wait a few days to play this one alas

otoh decent fps turning off ray tracing but leaving most everything else high/ultra @ 1080p (100-150) so could be worse

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Apparently in one build the Giant Bomb guys found that some enemies repeatedly yell "we're getting raped here!" during combat.

Can anyone confirm/deny on that? Because that actually will really detract from the experience for me.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Super disappointed in this character creation.
    Most hairstyles are bad, and desperately need better AA.
    The short nails are too short and the long nails are just ridiculous.
    Hair colors are just wtf. Where's all the normal blondes and browns?
    Face piercing options need more ability to mix and match pieces.
    All of the tattoo options suck.
    Makeup options are generally bad. 6 lip color choices? But eleventy-nine nail colors?
    With everything else it does have, why no body piercings?
    Ah well. I can make do. Just had higher hopes.

Aside from that, the game is pretty cool so far. I'm a bit confused still on some game mechanics (hacking is weird), and apparently my V is made of tissue paper, but that's just me and I'll get it eventually. It runs decent and looks awesome (Ultra + RT, I'm steady at 62-68 FPS at 1440p; Ryzen 3700X + 3080 XC3 Ultra).

Haven't run into any major bugs yet. Just some graphical glitches. My favorite was Jackie walking into a shelf next to a locker, and the locker flipping out, the door spinning around like a fidget spinner, and magazines or papers pr something flying all over the room like confetti.

The mirror is fucky.

I found a cool hat.
    Yeah, it's tied up there with "Dragon Age: Inquisition - let's have you create a character while bathed in green light!" for bad choices.
    The hair looks way better in-game than during creation, which is bizarre.
    Piercing options are just sad. I got super excited when I saw all the different ... mount points? ... for piercings, but I can't toggle them on and off individually? wtf.
    Also if any game was gonna give body piercing options, it should have been this game.

Also I can buy ratburgers and insect paste, there's a gun store on every corner... but nowhere to get new tattoos or piercings? No clothing stores?

But there's a million different ways you can work for the cops. Weak.

Edit: Fucking SAINTS ROW 1 had better piercing options! In 2006!

jdarksun on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Saints Row 1 also had characters made out of 12 polygons.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I restarted the Nomad background again because I wanted to try something I missed out on the first time through.

Turns out ACAB
    All Cops Are Bash-proof

E1D4E8871F4EFA2B04ED392A98C4747A3594B4EC

• Options
    Saints Row 1 also had characters made out of 12 polygons.
    The polygons are already there, let me use them.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Yeah if you take really good character creators from other games, both recent and older, the one here really doesn't rate at all. The end result you can get looks nice because it's a nice looking game, but they way they let you pick the options is so poor it's hard to get the exact result you want out of it.

And getting the result you want is the most important part of a character creator.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    You know, the game isn't perfect...it's got bugs, it's not running well for some people, it's got some graphics issues (though seems to look incredible when it's all clicking)...

But I'll be damned if I'm not running on four hours of sleep today because I wanted to play for "5 more minutes" until almost 4 AM.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    My gal went from corporate chic to basic real quick. I needed to find a sticker to truly express just how basic.

h1n4Uz6h.png?1

• Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Disco11 wrote: »
    Anyone give this a go on series X yet?

Stupid work is stopping me from paying while it's just sitting on the xbox in the other room.... Waiting...

Yeah, it has been running pretty decent so far spare for a few of the expected open world jankiness. Textures and polycounts in certain areas take the most hit from being a series x upscale. Switching between Xbox and Ultra settings capture on YouTube reveals way less "oomph" on the HDR and colour side as well, with things looking way more muted on Xbox. Might have to go back and tweak some settings though. Still a very pretty game though. Really looking forward to the next gen update.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Aistan wrote: »
    Yeah if you take really good character creators from other games, both recent and older, the one here really doesn't rate at all. The end result you can get looks nice because it's a nice looking game, but they way they let you pick the options is so poor it's hard to get the exact result you want out of it.

And getting the result you want is the most important part of a character creator.

If it was a matter of resources that the creator be a bit shit because work had to go elsewhere, then I'm (just) ok with it

The good news is that it can be reasonably fixed with just a bigger breadth of options, possibly from the DLCs, but yeah it's not going to rival a TES or Dark Souls creator (Or hell, Monster Hunter or Nioh 2)

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    turning on the default setting nvidia overlay "sharpen" filter makes the game notably crisper at the cost of almost no performance btw

this is true even with both chrom aberration and film grain off

gets rid of the weird foggy feeling free

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    jvtjvuhac7c3.png

here's the comparison @ 1080p with/without

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »
    I picked up that perk to auto-breakdown junk last night... Interesting tidbit, it actually removed the Junk area completely from my inventory too.

The downside to this perk is it will also break down junk like jewelry that if sold would be worth $750 each. It may not be as big a deal later on, but it could make a difference in the cash-strapped early game.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Finally got to play a little this afternoon. Decided to start on hard, and hoo boy this seems pretty bullet sponge-y? In my very first combat encounter each guy must have taken 20-30 shots to kill.

I’m also getting weird crosshair / menu drift (PS4 Pro) but it only seems to happen some of the time.

The corpo opening was a little disappointing, too. Lasted all of what, 20 minutes?

The world is amazing though, holy shit

Spaffy on
    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Me getting to the big twist last night right before bed

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »
    Finally got to play a little this afternoon. Decided to start on hard, and hoo boy this seems pretty bullet sponge-y? In my very first combat encounter each guy must have taken 20-30 shots to kill.

I’m also getting weird crosshair / menu drift (PS4 Pro) but it only seems to happen some of the time.

The corpo opening was a little disappointing, too. Lasted all of what, 20 minutes?

I'm thinking once you get recoil and crit bonuses enemies will feel less sponge-y but yeah its annoying at first.

• Options
    Spaffy wrote: »

Once you get some skills invested in firearms, the sponginess starts going away

Also, the game has systems that reduce recoil and make animations faster the more you use a class of weapons, so it organically starts improving.

By the time you hit the cold open, shits already feeling a lot better.

• Options
    I've mostly been using pistols because they're cool, but I got a pump shotgun last night and people were flying left and right

Nice

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I just realized what this game feels like to me... Buggier alpha protocol.

(I loved alpha protocol)

That might be why I'd prefer 3rd person gameplay here but the get better with guns by putting points in them felt like something I couldn't place last night

• Options
    edited December 2020
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVyiHLR5rPk

Thea Ulrich is a multitalented badass who sometimes collaborates with Kyle Hill. In this video, she makes mantis blades and attacks a pineapple.

Edit: shit i guess i should have included Kyle's video too :lol:

jdarksun on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I’m very much looking forward to the ongoing support this game is going to have, and to the inevitable Enhanced Edition a year or so from now

But right now I’m mostly looking forward to them patching the game so it uh, doesn’t break so much? And runs competently for the console people

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yeah the bullet spongy seems to be less and less, occasionally for me a HS will be one shot kill

• Options
    qmujae8f1pmc.png

messing around with photo mode while trying to see if it crashes and we got backflips

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Well, I’m loving this so far.

It’s like a Deus Ex sequel, with a massive budget, except you play as someone who doesn’t give a shit about changing the world, you just want to get rich and famous.

I’m on act 2 of the game, but I’m almost entirely focused on getting 45k in the back, so I can buy some robot legs so I can super jump.

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    Anyone playing this on base ps4? It seems like a dumpster fire that shouldn't have been released from what I've seen online, but I'm happy to be told otherwise.

• Options
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    Anyone playing this on base ps4? It seems like a dumpster fire that shouldn't have been released from what I've seen online, but I'm happy to be told otherwise.

It looks really rough on base consoles from last gen, almost no NPCs

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    My goodness this game. I was sitting on the edge of my seat during the AL sitdown, cut the tension with a thin wire. I chose:
    to keep Parkers secret given the 2019 cinematic and what we know is coming; but replaying it perhaps things can work out differently - Dex seems pleased when you tell him the truth

. . .and the music that plays later. I legit don't think I've heard a repeated track during these missions. They need to release the soundtrack already.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
This discussion has been closed.