As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Reunited [Souls] Thread

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    They spent time making that hahahahah I love it.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Painted World of Ariandel is kinda annoying.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Undead Burg Black Knight dropped me his sword. Sorry buddy, this is a warpick run.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    OK so I think the Gravetender fight may be one of my favorites in the whole series.

But it took me like an hour/hour-and-a-half or whatever to crack.

Finally beat 'em though.

With Pyromancy. Pyromancy is crazy good in Dark Souls 3.

Drez on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    OK so I think the Gravetender fight may be one of my favorites in the whole series.

Finally beat 'em though.

*mindblown*

• Options
    WHY THE FUCK IS THERE STILL MORE CATHEDRAL? WHO DESIGNED THIS AWFUL ABERRATION??

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I see you've discovered the Dark Cathedral.

• Options
    3clips3 wrote: »

No... NO Please don't tell me there's more. I thought that after I spent 7 hours wandering around and completing the memory I was finally done. Another hour later I'm still wandering the cathedral.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Crypt Spire is at least mostly linear.

It just is full of horrible enemies.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

No... NO Please don't tell me there's more. I thought that after I spent 7 hours wandering around and completing the memory I was finally done. Another hour later I'm still wandering the cathedral.

oh

uh

yeah

later on is the same area but everything's brown now

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

oh

uh

yeah

later on is the same area but everything's brown now

That one is much shorter and nowhere near as labyrinthine.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    "Okay now you can open these golden doors!"

*teleports to the only golden door I remember, opens the door, goes down an elevator*

"Locked. Get rekt scrub!"

Like... What the fuck?

• Options

Finally beat 'em though.

*mindblown*

Why? Is it universally hated or something?

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

Finally beat 'em though.

*mindblown*

Why? Is it universally hated or something?

Less hated and more universally meh.

• Options
    Oh you're gonna have fun with Lady Friede, my frood.

• Options
    I'm a hoopy frood.

• Options
    The reason I like the Gravetender fight is that it throws a little bit of bullshit at you, but it's multiple types of bullshit that you have to manage separately.

Like, it's similar to Lud and Zallen in the sense that you have to manage two enemies, but they were so similar that there wasn't much nuance to the design of that fight. It was, to be blunt, fucking bullshit and it was obvious bullshit throughout.

I thought of the Gravetender fight almost as a focus-management puzzle.

At least didn't just throw near-copies of the same damn enemy at you repeatedly in the fight.

Plus, it's right next to a bonfire whereas Lud and Zallen made you traverse one of the worst zones in the whole damn series.

• Options
    The reason I like the Gravetender fight is that it throws a little bit of bullshit at you, but it's multiple types of bullshit that you have to manage separately.

Like, it's similar to Lud and Zallen in the sense that you have to manage two enemies, but they were so similar that there wasn't much nuance to the design of that fight. It was, to be blunt, fucking bullshit and it was obvious bullshit throughout.

At least didn't just throw near-copies of the same damn enemy at you repeatedly in the fight.

Plus, it's right next to a bonfire whereas Lud and Zallen made you traverse one of the worst zones in the whole damn series.

God I can’t wait for you to fight Friede.

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    "Okay now you can open these golden doors!"

*teleports to the only golden door I remember, opens the door, goes down an elevator*

"Locked. Get rekt scrub!"

Like... What the fuck?

The preview images for the teleports show the doors if they're near one.

• Options

This comment worries me lol

• Options
    Don’t worry

I’m no Friede cat

• Options
    Okay, I’m up to Friede. Wish me luck!

Here we go.

• Options

This comment worries me lol

Since you’re in it already and you’ll be finding out firsthand, the comment was because of how many boxes the Friede fight ticks that you described when fighting the Gravetender.

It’s a spectacle.

• Options
    That was a really cool fight.

She’s dead but I did use Gael and some other jolly co-oper.

Funny thing is, on my first attempt I made it halfway through Phase 3 before dying. And I only had Gael that time. He died and I ran out of Ashen Estus (I used pyromancy for the fight) and then I died.

I guess her dialogue changes if you follow the Yuria questline? ‘Cause she made a lot of references to me being the Lord of London.

• Options
    Not London. Londor. Though I've never been to London. Is London Londor?

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Are we talking Demon's Souls in here, too? Because if so, I made it to Maneater and man, fuck Maneater.
    And also fuck other Maneater, too.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Are we talking Demon's Souls in here, too? Because if so, I made it to Maneater and man, fuck Maneater.
    Multiple-enemy bosses
    are the worst thing in every Souls, now and forever.

Kamar on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Just cheese it, that's the Souls way.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »

I described Dark Souls as a game and as a gameplay concept earlier this evening as "figuring out how the game is planning on fucking you and then fuck it back harder so it can't fuck with you in that way and then repeat that process until you beat the game."

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    twotimesadingotwotimesadingo Registered User regular
    I agree with that entirely. The gameplay loop is out-fucking the fucker; there's no such thing as "cheesing it" in Dark Souls.

PSN: peepshowofforce
  • Options
    Ringed City is weeeeeeeeird.

• Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »

I described Dark Souls as a game and as a gameplay concept earlier this evening as "figuring out how the game is planning on fucking you and then fuck it back harder so it can't fuck with you in that way and then repeat that process until you beat the game."
    I agree with that entirely. The gameplay loop is out-fucking the fucker; there's no such thing as "cheesing it" in Dark Souls.

You know what?

When I finish this last area in Dark Souls 3 and beat the final boss, I’m gonna move on to to Bloodborne and I’m going to name my character Monterey Jack in honor of these posts.

I mean, that name is cheesy, but it’s also a good name for a hunter.

• Options

I am not above a good cheese. The Old Hero boss fight consisted of me hiding behind pillars and shooting arrows at an old blind man slowly enough that he could never figure out where I was.

I just haven't found the appropriate cheese for Maneater. I thought I had him nailed with arrows and just running back and forth, then he summoned his asshole brother and they punched me off the fucking bridge.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited April 2021

I am not above a good cheese. The Old Hero boss fight consisted of me hiding behind pillars and shooting arrows at an old blind man slowly enough that he could never figure out where I was.

I just haven't found the appropriate cheese for Maneater. I thought I had him nailed with arrows and just running back and forth, then he summoned his asshole brother and they punched me off the fucking bridge.

I beat Maneater with Firestorm.

Luck is involved but Firestorm is Demon’s Souls cheese button.

Drez on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular

I can't help you if you're playing the remake, but if it's the real game then you're on the right track. Just try standing further away.

No, further than that.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Here’s a tutorial on how to defeat the Maneater.

That’s the strategy I used, anyway.

Drez on
  • Options

I can't help you if you're playing the remake, but if it's the real game then you're on the right track. Just try standing further away.

No, further than that.

I'm on the remake.

No fog cheese for me.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Kamar wrote: »
    Multiple-enemy bosses
    are the worst thing in every Souls, now and forever.

Ornstein and Smough, Friede, Demon Prince.

Hard disagree.

Edit: I will say, all of the DS2 ones were trash fires

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Only one of those is decent. Demon Princes are miserable to fight. Friede is one of the worst in the series. Multi-enemy plus three phases all with their own health bar, and it's one of the worst of the "Bloodborne enemy, Dark Souls PC" fights DS3 does. She's awful.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Aistan wrote: »
    Only one of those is decent. Demon Princes are miserable to fight. Friede is one of the worst in the series. Multi-enemy plus three phases all with their own health bar, and it's one of the worst of the "Bloodborne enemy, Dark Souls PC" fights DS3 does. She's awful.

Hard disagree.

Friede is my 2nd favorite. Demon Princes are an amazing fight.

Friede punishes "roll and hit" players and makes people actually look for openings instead of assuming one will be there. That's the mechanic. She's very backstabbable and all of her moves are telegraphed at least a week out.

jungleroomx on
This discussion has been closed.