As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Western Animation] RIP Peter Sallis

196979899100102»

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Wait, what's Velma?

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Wait, what's Velma?

Adult cartoon coming to HBO.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    new Worthi short:
    https://youtu.be/l-TJm7HkzkQ
    god damn that's good. You'd never know that it was all 3d.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    The Mitchells vs. the Machines is fan-damn-tastic.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »

And it's a really, really good one.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »

I'm curious now, how does the father/daughter plot play out? Because I remember the trailers, and how they were trying to do the "clueless father doesn't understand his internet culture child!", yet all it actually did was make me heavily sympathize with the father.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

I'm curious now, how does the father/daughter plot play out? Because I remember the trailers, and how they were trying to do the "clueless father doesn't understand his internet culture child!", yet all it actually did was make me heavily sympathize with the father.

My impression was that it was supposed to sympathize both characters.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

My impression was that it was supposed to sympathize both characters.

That's probably true. But I've also seen many a tv/movie do the "clueless parent doesn't understand their ____ culture child" trope, and generally speaking it tends to err towards the child. Then again, I was generally closer to the child in those cases. It's a pretty surreal experience being on the other side of the equation now.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular

It is very focused on them both trying to appreciate how the other feels. You are supposed to sympathize with the dad, but also the daughter is the POV character and while she needs to reach out to her father you also totally get how the dad needs to match her in change as well.

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    For those who were waiting to binge it, Ducktales season 3 came up on Disney+ recently. I just got HBO Max and am midway through an Infinity Train rewatch, but I'll get back to the ducks from there.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    zekebeau wrote: »

It is very focused on them both trying to appreciate how the other feels. You are supposed to sympathize with the dad, but also the daughter is the POV character and while she needs to reach out to her father you also totally get how the dad needs to match her in change as well.

Their relationship plays out very well in the flick. It's touching.

Oh, and despite the premise you won't get hit over the head with "smartphone bad!" and such.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Not sure how I feel about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9qvm5H5Zto

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    skeldare wrote: »
    Not sure how I feel about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9qvm5H5Zto

That is the most goddamn generic trailer in the world.

• Options
    That looks maybe slightly better than the extremely crappy CGI used for preschooler cartoons.

At any rate, Entertainment Weekly notes that all the baby voice actors are back, but all the adults have been replaced with random comedians:
    The babies' parents, however, are voiced by a new crew including several Veep veterans: Ashley Rae Spillers and Tommy Dewey (Tommy's parents, Didi and Stu Pickles); Tony Hale (Chuckie's father, Chas Finster); Natalie Morales (Phil and Lil's mother, Betty DeVille); Anna Chlumsky and Timothy Simons (Angelica's parents, Charlotte and Drew Pickles); Nicole Byer and Omar Miller (Susie's parents, Lucy and Randy Carmichael); and Michael McKean (Grandpa Lou Pickles).

Given the adults got a fraction of the screen time as the kids, just, why?

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Celebrities sell movies, doncha kno

• Options
    Chuckie also isn't the original voice, though I think it's the one that was used in the later spinoff shows.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular

And now I want to rewatch B:TAS again.

Or maybe just the whole freaking DCAU Timmverse.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kevin Smith's Masters of the Universe is actually coming out, July 23 on Netflix. And... it looks really good? The cast is just nuts.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Kevin Smith's Masters of the Universe is actually coming out, July 23 on Netflix. And... it looks really good? The cast is just nuts.

Mark Hamill as Skeletor and Kevin Conroy as...Mer-Man???

This just took a weird turn.

• Options
    There better be a scene where Skeletor calls someone a boob.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I guess there's only so many ways you can update He-Man because that looks a lot like the 2000 era reboot.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

And now I want to rewatch B:TAS again.

Or maybe just the whole freaking DCAU Timmverse.

Save "Epilogue" til the very very end.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Just saw the season finale of Amphibia.

How good is it, you ask? So very, very good.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Just saw the season finale of Amphibia.

How good is it, you ask? So very, very good.

Huge pay-off for
    two seasons of Anne walking around with twigs and leaves in her hair.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    That looks maybe slightly better than the extremely crappy CGI used for preschooler cartoons.

At any rate, Entertainment Weekly notes that all the baby voice actors are back, but all the adults have been replaced with random comedians:
    The babies' parents, however, are voiced by a new crew including several Veep veterans: Ashley Rae Spillers and Tommy Dewey (Tommy's parents, Didi and Stu Pickles); Tony Hale (Chuckie's father, Chas Finster); Natalie Morales (Phil and Lil's mother, Betty DeVille); Anna Chlumsky and Timothy Simons (Angelica's parents, Charlotte and Drew Pickles); Nicole Byer and Omar Miller (Susie's parents, Lucy and Randy Carmichael); and Michael McKean (Grandpa Lou Pickles).

Well the best jokes in the show were from the parents tbh so maybe this is a good thing

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    They released a short that recreates a classic Rugrats episode. Still seems pretty rough to me but we'll see I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVIcSJFxRZQ

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    yeah i'm gonna lean toward those klasky-csupo designs aren't mean to exist in 3d space like full 360 turn-around of Chucky's head seems like a horrorshow.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

Natalie Morales is in this? I loved her in the Middleman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHUxEqUtUeU

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    DHS wrote: »
    yeah i'm gonna lean toward those klasky-csupo designs aren't meant to exist
    Easy lay-up.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
This discussion has been closed.