As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Smash Bros Fighter Pass ∞ - Congratulations! (Village wins)

• Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Hey, I thought I was the one who makes ties! Guess this time I'll have to break one instead.

!SeGaTai

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Also I can't buy anything with these three coins. So yay.

But if I had -six- coins then I could actually pass that off to someone.

• Options
    Wildcat and I also shared fighting styles yesterday when we were 2v2 too.
    If that means anything.

• Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    I vote discrider for suspicious behavior... although I will miss their posts in this thread if they die.

• Options
    @discrider a bye is $3, unless you were joking in which case ignore me :smile:

• Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Calica wrote: »
    I vote discrider[/color] for suspicious behavior... although I will miss their posts in this thread if they die.

Ties are no good. Actually What happens in case of a tie?

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    PUNCHING

• Options
    @discrider a bye is $3, unless you were joking in which case ignore me :smile:

Yeah no, a bye seems pretty useless honestly.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Well unless you are up against premium.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    discrider a bye is $3, unless you were joking in which case ignore me :smile:

Yeah no, a bye seems pretty useless honestly.

Seems like it's mostly a 'oh crap down to my last stock and im not confident that im gonna win tonight and also im poor' option

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    If there are no kills other than from the game it might get important?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Like, maybe if there's a confirmed villager who gets to one stock, then giving them byes would help them not die in battle, but otherwise.

Especially as people keep dying and people don't lose stocks due to votes preventing last place finishes.

• Options
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    I vote discrider[/color] for suspicious behavior... although I will miss their posts in this thread if they die.

Pretty sure that's when Kirby sucks you up and fast drops off the stage.

But looking at the shop items, the person tying is also dying.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Although we can also just ditch winnings before being voted out and gift the store items to other people, so being voted out might not be that big a deal.

The OoO down the gift shop going before votes take effect, presumably so vote immunity works. Can you give bought items to other people before the vote as well?

Yes. All shop-related stuff triggers before anything else (except me having to answer the Clarification question)

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    So calica isn't mafia if they're confused about whether PMs are allowed.

And Do we resurrect with the shop items and coins we died with?

Yes

Man, discrider with the good questions today. Sorry I wasn't on to answer earlier.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    edited October 2021

Pretty sure this is in the OP, but both candidates and the tiemaker die (unless someone has the vote immunity item, which also works for the tiemaker if they have it)

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

Pretty sure this is in the OP, but both candidates and the tiemaker die (unless someone has the vote immunity item, which also works for the tiemaker if they have it)

Oh ffs I missed that.

• Options

Oh ffs I missed that.

No worries.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    discrider - self preservation at this point.

Please don't deny me the chance to slap kime around, just give me this one thing, it's all I ask of you

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    !%!!*#!*!%!

Discrider!

!%!!*#!*!%!

• Options
    edited October 2021
    It has come to my attention that I forgot to give a specific win condition for role pms. This was a grave omission on my part. There's nothing special about them, just the usual business, but I'll add them with your nightly coin/stock update pms

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options

Hmmm

qd5vel4lf0ku.png

Hmmmmmmmm
    I vote discrider for suspicious behavior... although I will miss their posts in this thread if they die.

Oh ffs I missed that.

No worries.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

• Options
    MrPaku

Break the tie yourself you !@)($#*!@)*$)

• Options
    edited October 2021

Hmmm

qd5vel4lf0ku.png

Hmmmmmmmm

Oh ffs I missed that.

No worries.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I've been editing the OP to include every clarification. Even the redundant ones.

Well, except the one where I admit to forgetting to explicitly state wincons.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Brody wrote: »
    Alright, well, I can't let bones/no bones rule my life entirely, so I guess I should probably try and read everything I missed yesterday. (Did you know that your phone can overheat and shut itself down? Do you know what seems to make my phone really hot? Long zoom calls. Like an interview...)

This better be Papyrus as Sans is a Mii Fighter

discrider on
  • Options
    edited October 2021

Hmmm

qd5vel4lf0ku.png

Hmmmmmmmm

Oh ffs I missed that.

No worries.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I've been editing the OP to include every clarification. Even the redundant ones.

Well, except the one where I admit to forgetting to explicitly state wincons.

I also didn't see it in the main rules when I went looking either :shrug:

discrider on
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Not to fight about it, but I'm being honest that this part hasn't changed since the original posting:

Standard Phalla Rules:

Every day, each player must vote for one player to be eliminated. Vote by writing their name in bold red. You only get one vote per day, so I will only count your last vote. You may retract a vote (without picking a replacement) by writing their name again in bold limegreen. In the event of a tie, both candidates will be eliminated as well as the tie maker.

Last sentence in the paragraph.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Not to fight about it, but I'm being honest that this part hasn't changed since the original posting:

Standard Phalla Rules:

Every day, each player must vote for one player to be eliminated. Vote by writing their name in bold red. You only get one vote per day, so I will only count your last vote. You may retract a vote (without picking a replacement) by writing their name again in bold limegreen. In the event of a tie, both candidates will be eliminated as well as the tie maker.

Yeah, no, I saw that after the clarification but not before, so I don't know how I missed it the first time.

• Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular

Standard Phalla Rules:

Once you said it was in OP I was like "whoops totally missed that part" that's what I get for skimming

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Like I said (to Calica, because I was momentarily confused and thought they had asked), no worries!

If you are the tie-maker (which I realize now was why Calica responded), lots of worries!

It's my first time running a game, so this is all a learning experience.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Lol open tabs tell me I'm dumb
    Oct 20 timestamp, i.e yesterday
    1z8ciwb3l15k.png

discrider on
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    On further thought, since there were multiple players who were confused about this, I am going to reverse a previous policy decision: while I would continue to urge players to consider their nightly fighting style choices, I'm not going to ding people for inactivity if they haven't submitted one, since I had acknowledged that it defaults to their characters' preferred option.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Quick, while the host is distracted, everyone change vote!

• Options
    One hour warning!

Votes: Everyone is here!

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Oh.
    Vote close is in an hour

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    On the other hand, vote close is still an hour away! Lots of time for shenanigans!

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Yes, now is the time to get crazy.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Sorry, got to spend some time moving my player disc around the character select screen while singing the theme poorly.

• Options
    diddly Dun Dun
    diddly Dun Dun
    diddly Dun Dun
    diddly Dun Dun
    Diddly Dun DUn
    Diddly Dun Dun
    Diddly Dun DUn
    Diddly Dun Dun

• Options
    edited October 2021
    The Brawl theme (the one in the OP) will probably always be my favorite, but Ultimate's (in the Day 0/start of Day 1 post) grew on me over time. I honestly can't remember Smash For's theme.

Brawl's theme was by Nobuo Uematsu if I remember correctly. Not sure about the others.

Edit: Oh wait, here we go (Smash For):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWSU8YOa3jU
    Yeah, that's pretty great too.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png