As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Playstation 5] Sony acquires Bungie for 3.6 Billion

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    McRhyno wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Fired up Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order on my PS4 Pro. If you're going to make a game where you're expected to die 47,000 times, make the reload times after each death less than (literally) 40 seconds.

Back on topic, I've got a newfound appreciation for this new gen's main improvement.

No joke, removing the penalty in experimenting in approach means more fun and good times for everyone

Especially since the game also takes away all the XP you earned so far until you damage the enemy that kills you again.

I appreciate that the game has different difficulty levels, but how about taking away the heavy death punishment on the easier settings, christ.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Finished Ratchet and Clonk Rifting Apart. Great game and I know why I instantly loved Rivet - she’s voiced by Jennifer Hale!

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Almost done with the Spiderman dlc. I turned the difficulty down on the last mission of the second dlc and have just stayed with that in the last one because I realized I just don't value mafia goons being damage sponges and it actually feels more appropriate to Spiderman power level at the lower difficulty.

On the returnal end I found the house keys, the boss key, and got to p3 pretty easily on my first go. I uh, then did not realize that I don't actually need to find the boss key every time so I ran through the whole biome before fighting them again. Still died to stray p3 hits but I feel like I've seen enough to handle it soon.

Also I was ignoring the shotgun for a few runs and then decided to try it after I got the sword and holy crap it's very good. I feel like I just got suddenly better just by playing more aggressively.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Don't sleep on the goo gun too. Once you unlock some of the traits it gets really good at burning through bosses and enemies.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    Don't sleep on the goo gun too. Once you unlock some of the traits it gets really good at burning through bosses and enemies.

I've only seen sidearm, carbine, and whatever the shotgun is called. Do new guns just kind of slowly show up over time or do I have to do actual progress to get them to start spawning?

• Options

I've only seen sidearm, carbine, and whatever the shotgun is called. Do new guns just kind of slowly show up over time or do I have to do actual progress to get them to start spawning?

I believe they start showing up only when you find them in rooms. Once you pick it up from a room (there's usually a short cutscene) then it's unlocked permanently.

• Options
    Yeah new weapons only appear once you unlock them by scanning them.

• Options
    Hey I beat phryke!

That felt good to get down. My ether unlock at the start was a "charges explode" artifact so I just charge stabbed everything until I found a few upgrades and a carbine and beat them even without a revive. I definitely got caught by an attack I hadn't seen them use in my first two attempts which made things scary because I had a parasite shield that gives two malfunctions when it's used up but I juusssst cleared it quick enough for them to not kill me

The second biome is just so wide open i'm back to "things are intimidating!" again.

• Options
    Deathloop has been great so far and feels like a combination of a lot of good stuff. Like a perfection of the Dishonored style of game. It makes me very happy.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Both Control and Jedi fallen order would’ve been way better games if they didn’t have the campfire respawn system. Especially fallen order where I’m like, wait why are these storm troopers respawning? At least show like a drop ship dropping more off or something. Like I feel that if you’re going to do that kind of system you need to give a focus on it and add something new. Instead they just felt like standard action games with a dark souls campfire system for no reason

Prohass on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    So I know guy who knows a guy that was able to secure me a PS5 bundle and I'll have it Friday. It comes with Ghost of Tsushima (which I have on PS4), NBA 2k22 (which I picked over Far Cry 6), and a $50 gift card. I recently restarted the RDR2 campaign and am curious if anyone here has played that on PS5. Is it notably improved over PS4/PS4Pro or does it just load a tiny bit quicker?

Also, YAYYYY! I GOT ONE!

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    so as a reward for not having caught the 'rona,
    i got me the Pulse 3D headset
    gimme all the tempest super audios!

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Guardians accessibility setting and customizable difficulty setting detailed!

https://guardiansofthegalaxy.square-enix-games.com/en-us/news/accessibility-features/

I'm so happy more and more options like this are popping up.

Now it's time for some more of Japanese devs to get on this bandwagon pleeeaaasssee!

• Options
    I'm gonna search for it online too, but i figure asking here first may help more:

I freed a bigger external HDD for the PS4 games; can i just format it and copy the games over from the smaller external drive?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I'm gonna search for it online too, but i figure asking here first may help more:

I freed a bigger external HDD for the PS4 games; can i just format it and copy the games over from the smaller external drive?

I'm not sure if you can connect two external drives at once (I'm pretty sure I tried it on the PS4 and got told I couldn't, but I never attempted it with a PS5).
    At the very least you can copy stuff to the console, then to the new drive (tedious, but it works).

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Awesome. More stuff please.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I hope we get to find out more about the PS5 version of GTA5.

• Options
    Dirty wrote: »
    I hope we get to find out more about the PS5 version of GTA5.

You sonofa...

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    can't believe they showed another ten minute deathloop trailer

• Options
    Speaking of, invading people as Julianna is hilarious. I am convinced people think she’s the AI and don’t realise their fatal error until it is too late. Having to kill Cole 3 times also makes it a really interesting challenge.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    So I know guy who knows a guy that was able to secure me a PS5 bundle and I'll have it Friday. It comes with Ghost of Tsushima (which I have on PS4), NBA 2k22 (which I picked over Far Cry 6), and a $50 gift card. I recently restarted the RDR2 campaign and am curious if anyone here has played that on PS5. Is it notably improved over PS4/PS4Pro or does it just load a tiny bit quicker?

Also, YAYYYY! I GOT ONE!

Yeah so I finally got my PS5 up and running last night (it didn't arrive till late Saturday and I had shit to do) and I would just like to elaborate on how hilariously wrong this assertion was. RDR2 on PS5 not only looks considerably better from more consistent performance, but it loads WAY faster. Like five or maybe even ten times faster.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Guardians getting good reviews!

Definitely going to be grabbing that. Probably won't quite get to it until after SMT5(SMT takes priority here!) but that will probably be my game for directly after I finish SMT.

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Decided on the weekend that I've been wasting my PS5 by mostly playing PS4 games I'd missed.

So I fired up Uncharted which I'd never played before. Plays alright for a PS3 game!
    Yeah yeah, I know it's the remastered for PS4 version but let me have this.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I recently played uncharted 1-3 too actually for the first time. Enjoyed them all but 3 was definitely the best. I’m saving a play through of 4 for the 2022 ps5 remaster

• Options
    Returnal patch is adding photo mode and a suspend cycle save!

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Returnal patch is adding photo mode and a suspend cycle save!

...okay now the game is perfect.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    On the old games front, I've actually been playing Prototype the past week on my ps5 and it's been a lot of fun. Holds up very well.

• Options
    Qanamil wrote: »
    On the old games front, I've actually been playing Prototype the past week on my ps5 and it's been a lot of fun. Holds up very well.

It's a shame the 2nd one wasn't nearly as good as the first.

• Options
    didn't even know that was possible.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I platinumed Deathloop. It was a great game but I feel it didn't use the premise as fully well as it could have. Once you have "solved" the game, it's very quick to actually implement and get right.

I just want more time shenanigans and doing stuff in one period to make it possible to assassinate guys in an interesting manner in another.

• Options
    Aww my guardians of the Galaxy was delayed I guess.

• Options

It's a classic case of "okay that was only supposed to be a one off game but sold really well, how do we cram more into the sequel" but it loses a lot of the fun from the first.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Little Devil Inside today Little Devil Inside todayyy

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    I just wanna see what 3rd party AAA titles get shown.

Give me Gotham Knights or FF16! (or both if you're feeling generous)

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Little Devil Inside today Little Devil Inside todayyy

Oh wow that'd be nice, I'm really hoping it's good.

• Options

It's a classic case of "okay that was only supposed to be a one off game but sold really well, how do we cram more into the sequel" but it loses a lot of the fun from the first.

no, i mean, i didn't even know Prototype ran on PS4/5

camo_sig2.png
  • Options

no, i mean, i didn't even know Prototype ran on PS4/5

Oh shit you're right. I don't know why I missed that but it turns out they did bundle 1 and 2 on the PS4. Interesting!

• Options
    Did the state of play happen already?

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Did the state of play happen already?

It did. It was only 20 minutes and was sort of underwhelming.

This discussion has been closed.