Options

A Vanilla [Phalla]-- Game Over! Mafia Victory!

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    m!ttens wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Anyone feel up to making one of those vote post trees with the colors?

7vhzzsq00jee.png

Vote count so far:
    Phoenix-D voted Lucedes
    Lucedes voted 38thDoe
    Josh voted kime
    Josh switched 38thDoe (likely in error)
    Josh switched to Lucedes

OOC yep it was in error

Imagine yourself in a literal shitstorm, like shit flying around you at an unprecedented shit speed, covering you in shit

Now imagine it’s your birthday

That’s my day!

• Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    edited February 2022
    38thDoe wrote: »
    m!ttens wrote: »
    I am voting Lucedes because voting for the person who tipped the scales on the mafia Novelty Bar last night is incredibly sus.

what?

Yeah, kime was right, I was being a little cutesy with the names. You placed the vote last night that put Wildcat into the blender and Lucedes put their vote onto you today. I feel like you are likely a Vanillager from your vote last night unless you're being super devious and throwing a teammate under the bus to throw us off the trail :biggrin:

...you aren't throwing a teammate under the bus to throw us off trail, are you?

EDIT: oh yeah, and happy birthday Josh! I hope your weekend goes better than the last few days have

m!ttens on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Happy? … birthday?

Do you get a do-over at least?

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Happy? … birthday?

I’m 40, so whatever the opposite of a do-over is, I get that :P

• Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Happy? … birthday?

I’m 40, so whatever the opposite of a do-over is, I get that :P

Happy Birthday!! You get a "don't-under"?

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I think I agree with the Lucedes wagon.

I was thinking that between Phoenix and Lucedes, one or the other is very likely mafia, but Lucedes vote does look worse yesterday. (The phoenix as mafia scenario here is a late jump on the wagon to score cred, less likely than the direct Lucedes is mafia and just votes elsewhere idea but it crossed my mind).

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I'm ducking out for a quick errand, but I should be back in time for vote close in about an hour.

Still some missing votes, y'all.

• Options
    Phoenix has made some quality points so if she is mafia she’s super galaxy brain

(She might be super galaxy brain regardless though!)

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Phoenix has made some quality points so if she is mafia she’s super galaxy brain

(She might be super galaxy brain regardless though!)

I am at best like asteroid brain

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    lmao i'm a vanillager

and was busy today

GL village

jokerman i guess

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Joshofalltrades

I'm fine with Lucedes but I really don't want to just jump on to a wagon.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    aaaaa
    jokerman[/b]

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Skin of y'all's teeth, etc.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Vote Closed you know like 6 minutes ago but I fell down an instagram hole.

im back now

narration... soon

• Options
    If it goes through I took aim at jokerman

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    Day Four: Aw Nuts

It was mostly formality at this point, although the scoops didn’t know it yet. The brave and intrepid and vengeful one took a final swing, grabbing hold of jokerman and sent them on a ride on the swirl twist into the boiling pool of Carmelized nuts.

The novelty bars hung back from the scoops, watching, waiting, as they all screamed for each other’s lactose, finally speaking up in their own, best as they could copy at least, ice creamy voices that Lucedes must go into the Blender.

After that, it was just business, really. The group of novelty bars picked up the valiant scoop of Mamawolf and into the blender they went. And the big Boss, the classic novelty bar itself, laid one final stick on 38thDoe and heaved them into the Blender.

Once that was done, the gang of novelty bars looks at the remaining scoops and grinned “Our freezer now” and the scoops agreed and settled in to being second class frozen desserts.

The Dead:
    Jokerman- Creamy Delicious
    Lucedes- Creamy Delicious
    38thDoe- Creamy Delicious

Mamawolf- Vengeful Sorbet

Game Over!

The Victors:
    Elvenshae- Big Bubble Bar
    Kime-Novelty Bar
    Justiceforpluto- Novelty Bar
    Zombie Hero- Novelty Bar

The Survivors
    PhoenixD
    joshofalltrades
    m!ttens

• Options
    Thanks for running, Ahava!

Steam
  • Options
    Turns out everyone but Virgil voted for a Mafia on the second to last day. So folks were a lot closer than it appears.

Steam
  • Options
    you have *no idea* how much I was sitting yesterday going "yesss yesss tie the vote. let me kill 2 mafia and make it epic"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dp1uRMGtXK6rZh30_Zy0XN7swRU4gR4PXLN9VeNoMMM/edit?usp=sharing

Host Spreadsheet, I kept some notes as running commentary as I went

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    ZH, kime, JFP go to the top of my list.

(If we're that desperate to kill Infidel, we've got a veteran mafia)

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Wait, was this a C side?
    I had no idea we were in danger of losing tonight.
    Mafia started at 25% of the game?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Did our flavors play any role?

Also GG everyone, some of that was close.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Flavours were how you were RNG'd.

I just took the flavour list, alphabetized it and boom, y'all got roles.

21 players, 5 mafia

edit: the mafia getting a lucky hit on heffling on day 1 was key. and yes, heffling seered Kime on day 1

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    Oh no! Our network got infiltrated! I had initial suspicions on Zombie Hero after day one and bad vibes from both kime and J4P. Great job to Elvenshae for completely fooling me. And special thanks to Ahava!

• Options
    edited February 2022

Yeah, seriously - I really appreciate you taking the time to run this and, especially, make it a really welcoming version for new players.

Needless to say, I had a complete blast playing.

Thank you, also, to m!ttens and MamaWolf for trusting me and bringing me into your inner circle. I gotta say, I was 80% certain I'd successfully fooled you, and 20% afraid you were both setting me up for the most epic backstab in the history of backstabs. (ED: Which, to be clear, would have been awesome.) Thank you, m!ttens, for not being mad when I - truly accidentally - tried to get you voted out on the first day, and then asking:

... which is exactly what we'd done the previous day by dogpiling Wildcat. Thanks, Wildcat, for being the proof of our trustworthiness.

Thank you to everyone who explained the mechanics! They were actually real questions I was wondering about, in addition to being ways to see who was extra insightful (and therefore had to be eliminated ASAP). I figured I have a Clueless Newbie Card exactly one time, and therefore I should play it to the hilt.

Thank you to my mafia team - y'all were fantastic, even if you did like mint chocolate chip to an unhealthy degree.

I'm sure I'll have more thoughts later, but for those of you who would like to take a deep dive into the sordid, Cookies and Creamy depths of the Mafia discord: https://discord.gg/FYtqsCqx

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Turns out everyone but Virgil voted for a Mafia on the second to last day. So folks were a lot closer than it appears.

Oh *that's* why kime didn't sus :P I had 2 of the four pegged as suspicious, but not kime or Elvenshae. Explains the last day I guess

• Options
    alright, time for me to go get the kid and go out for family dinner.

feel free to keep yelling at me in the thread though. I love constructive feedback and such.

Hope y'all had fun playing this short one, thanks for letting me run one to help distract from other big things happening.

• Options
    oh hey, what's the terminology around here for killing someone by voting them out?

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Meanwhile on the mafia board...

ZH — 01/31/2022
    but sometimes yeah. i suspect no in this case though
    guard would be someone who has played enough to know that infidel is a common target
    kime — 01/31/2022
    On retrospect infidel was an obvious guard target. I think the guard is NOT a new player for that reason
    Elvenshae — 02/01/2022
    Any ideas on the guard?
    ZH — 02/01/2022
    i dont know? ebum?
    kime — 02/01/2022
    Someone not new

Look at us all having the same logic.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    I JUST WANNA SAY I FUCKING CALLED KIME

• Options
    Damn...I should have stayed with my gut on JFP. Sorry my shots were so bad y'all!! Hopefully I'll be better next time!!

Thank you @lonelyahava for hosting!! It was a fun game to jump into!! Hope all is well @H3Knuckles

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Flavours were how you were RNG'd.

I just took the flavour list, alphabetized it and boom, y'all got roles.

21 players, 5 mafia

edit: the mafia getting a lucky hit on heffling on day 1 was key. and yes, heffling seered Kime on day 1

oh

So village should have won, but only Blood Orange got dumped to thread <_<

• Options

Yeah, seriously - I really appreciate you taking the time to run this and, especially, make it a really welcoming version for new players.

Needless to say, I had a complete blast playing.

Thank you, also, to m!ttens and MamaWolf for trusting me and bringing me into your inner circle. I gotta say, I was 80% certain I'd successfully fooled you, and 20% afraid you were both setting me up for the most epic backstab in the history of backstabs. (ED: Which, to be clear, would have been awesome.) Thank you, m!ttens, for not being mad when I - truly accidentally - tried to get you voted out on the first day, and then asking:

... which is exactly what we'd done the previous day by dogpiling Wildcat. Thanks, Wildcat, for being the proof of our trustworthiness.

Thank you to everyone who explained the mechanics! They were actually real questions I was wondering about, in addition to being ways to see who was extra insightful (and therefore had to be eliminated ASAP). I figured I have a Clueless Newbie Card exactly one time, and therefore I should play it to the hilt.

Thank you to my mafia team - y'all were fantastic, even if you did like mint chocolate chip to an unhealthy degree.

I'm sure I'll have more thoughts later, but for those of you who would like to take a deep dive into the sordid, Cookies and Creamy depths of the Mafia discord: https://discord.gg/FYtqsCqx

Like here.
    At the very least the flavour mint chocolate chip identified the mafia.
    Which they worked out.

If the village had worked out what flavours everyone was, you might have been able to order them alphabetically and see the pattern.
    And out all the specials too lol

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    Damn...I should have stayed with my gut on JFP. Sorry my shots were so bad y'all!! Hopefully I'll be better next time!!

Thank you @lonelyahava for hosting!! It was a fun game to jump into!! Hope all is well @H3Knuckles

Thanks for hosting @lonelyahava, I'm still catching up but the narration has been a hoot. While @MamaWolf 's aim may have been off, I don't think I'd have done any better without a seer, and she definitely made better use of lonely's offer to let the vig come up with flavor for how it's done than I would have.

And yes, I am back home and things are going smoothly so far. For several years running we've had to crash at my sister's house once every winter due to blackouts which were usually caused by one particular tree on a neighbor's property that kept taking the block's power-line out when it lost branches after a major snowstorm. This past summer PECO finally got to remove the tree altogether, so instead this winter it was just our heater acting up. I am hoping next winter we'll finally be free of whatever curse is causing this.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Ha, I was seered night one, nice. Got lucky there!

Thanks for running ahava!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Yeah, thanks for running Ahava.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Oh also MUAHAHAHA DOWN WITH THE ICE CREAM

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Thanks Ahava! I enjoy these quick standard games

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    I gave kime too much credit. :lol:

kime — 01/31/2022
    On retrospect infidel was an obvious guard target. I think the guard is NOT a new player for that reason

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    The rule is either kine gets voted out day 1 as village, or is mafia. Always.

Also surprised that apparently mafia and and village me are at all different. As I usually post very little either way.