Options

[FFRK] I am free to pursue my real dreams: Hip Hop

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Ticket today: dupe g+, hone on an awakening, cid 7 awakening, palom sync. Daily draw got me ace awakening.

Rop was a wet fart, I think the only major event was that I've gotten so many bartz aosbs that it's level 10 now

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    i skipped the lotrop in favor of maybe having one more pull on the banners to get the 10 stamp bonus
    I'm barely there after pulling the sync lucky and getting elarra's first sync

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Did the Dragonking missions, both were finished in 30.5s grrrr.

Tickets got me a few new things, only BDL was hauchefaunt sync. Not sure what to make of this thing.

• Options
    apparently the pullx2 pick 1 sasb pool is larger than the 500mith sasb pick pool
    that means i'm probably going to have to not pull as much on the banners D:

urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    The pullx2 pick is nearly completely dupes for me, so I don't feel like it's worth it. There's no specific SASB I'd like anyway right now.

@Jragghen: Hauchefaunt sync wasn't great last time I tried to use him with AASB and SASB, his damage just felt very low and I kinda regret putting resources into him.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    This mornings tickets got me Pcecil dyad and lasswell sync

• Options
    Ugh. Had a really shitty day, so succumbed to gacha.

Which then got me disgusted enough in myself to look to see how much I've spent over the last 7 years.

That was not a good idea. Nothing I can't afford, and I've certainly gotten my money's worth I suppose, but yeeeeesh.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Ugh. Had a really shitty day, so succumbed to gacha.

Which then got me disgusted enough in myself to look to see how much I've spent over the last 7 years.

That was not a good idea. Nothing I can't afford, and I've certainly gotten my money's worth I suppose, but yeeeeesh.

Sorry about your shitty day! I wish I hadn't done all those 100 gem draws back when I was delusional about my chances, but I don't regret the handful of Dream Selects I've done, since they've generally picked up lynchpin or metagame enabling relics. I wish they'd bring back the occasional $5 draws, like when everyone got Raines BSB years ago.

I'm waiting for banner 4, but banner 3 seems super tempting, with 4 Duals for major players. Since I'm not doing the 15 Mythril refreshed draws, I'm wondering if maybe doing 5 pulls apiece on banners 3, 4, and 5 might be worth it, to get a free AASB as well. Could grab Delita AASB to go with his Sync.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Yeah, those $5 draws were the best rate they’ve ever given us in this game. Particularly with the guaranteed selection afterwards. Ever since they stopped doing those, it stopped feeling worth it to spend anything at all.

In some ways the game has gotten more generous with what you can get, but has also gotten stingier in other areas.

Though, I can’t personally say much about the game at the moment. I haven’t booted it up since that last time I was in this thread, and I don’t feel like I’m going to come back any time soon.

Enlong on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I’m basically just collecting mythril and doing fest pulls while I’m sucked into elden ring. And honestly I’m fine not feeling like I need to be in a phone game every day

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I have a ton of fest tickets, but I think the rest are locked until the fest proper is over. With fest banner pulls imminent, might as well see if anything changes my calculus:
    1st - Garland lmr dupe, vanille usb3
    2nd - amarant USB dupe, prompto g+, fusoya sync, minwu dyad
    3rd - vincent csb!
    4th - fang bsb dupe, orran g+ dupe
    5th - Paine bsb2, Gordon sync
    6th - iris USB dupe
    7th - reynn lmr dupe, pecil glint dupe, yuffie g+
    8th - lion lmr
    9th - krile AOSB
    10th - Noct bsb dupe, ayame lmr dupe, Tyro g+ dupe
    11th - setzer usb2, vaan sync1
    12th - y'shtola g+
    13th - wol glint, ysayle USB dupe
    14th - beatrix lmr dupe, trey aosb dupe, luneth aasb2
    15th - rude USB dupe, hope lmr+ dupe
    16th - tifa aosb
    17th - deuce bsb dupe, minfilia usb2

Vincent csb might be the highlight. Vaan sync is my 2nd bdl for him.

Not too bad but nothing that stirs my heart either.

• Options
    Pivotal Banner 4 pulls!
    1st - Alisae Dual
    2nd - Quina G+, Quina AASB2, Quina Sync!

Wheeeeelp that's the ballgame right there. All complaints revoked about gacha for near future.

Jaunt back to Banner 3.
    1st - Zack Dual
    2nd - Zack Dual dupe, Cloud LBO
    3rd - Zack Dual dupe, Cloud Dual!, OK AASB3
    4th - Zack G+3
    5th - Vivi G+, Vivi Dual

I'm satisfied with that. May throw a few more pulls at banner 4, or maybe banner 5 chasing some of the good older stuff.

• Options
    Oh wow that second pull silence. Similar results here on banner 4:

1/11 Quina AASB2
    1/11 Quina G+

Already had Sync so that's exactly enough. Not sure if I'll go back to banner 3 though, all the Zack stuff is now dupes after my first 2 pulls, but I do like using Vivi and Tidus.

• Options
    I too have pulled all 3 Quina items but have no clue about how to use them

urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    Fest Banner 5 pulls:
    1st - Vincent Sync and Dyad
    2nd - Meia AASB2, Elarra Sync2!, Vincent Dyad dupe
    3rd - Squall Dyad

And that makes 10 pulls, so I'll stop there. Gives me double cap break for Vincent and Meia, a third for Squall, and improves my Elarra.

Still leaning towards the pull twice get a Sync banner, since that has the best Sync selection compared to the free or 10 stamp selects.

• Options
    Held off as long as I could.

Pull twice, select a SASB:
    1st - Kain LBG dupe, OK AASB dupe. Boo!
    2nd - Ulti G+, OK LBG. At least it's new?

So it ends up being 100 Mythril for a free SASB. Oh well. Selects!

Free - Pecil (goes with AASB and Dyad) runner up was Maria.
    Draw twice - Red 13 (Chain holder) There were a lot of good options here, it was hard to pick.
    Fest Stamp Sync - Cloud actually Sephiroth. My Wind game is really good and my Dark a bit lackluster.
    Fest Stamp LMR/Glint - Yuna Proshellhastega
    Fest USB - Thancred USB2

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Ahh hell I forgot to choose a sync from the anniversary. I didn’t realize it was going away before we got those coin shop tickets.

Anyway they just sent me a kimhari spear I guess

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Yeah, I got a bunch of stuff from tickets and selects and things. Don't remember what all from what, but a selection:

Minwu Dyad
    Iris Sync
    Cor Sync (both of those were from a realm ticket on 15. In related news, beat 15 DK)
    Ashe AOSB
    Ashe Dyad
    Luneth Sync (this was a random wind draw, I think)
    Ramza Sync
    Ashe Sync (this was a select. In related news to the above, beat 12 DK)
    Garnet holy Sync (got so much for her now but I think she still kinda sucks?)
    Cloud wind Dyad
    Bartz Wind Dyad
    Basch LMR+
    Reks Awakening
    Ignis Sync
    Quistic water Sync
    My misguided pull on banner 3 did get me Vivi and Tidus duals
    And also Cloud Summon because ???
    Ardyn LMR+
    Barret Awakening
    Palom Sync I think on LotR
    Leo Sync on LotR
    Rubicante awakening

So yeah, got some interesting stuff, including some stuff which let me beat new things. My XV team is....weird, but super good now? Except DK still took some effort. I dunno. I'm still just waning on the game, I think.

e: worth noting I've been VOMITING tickets at some realms to get stuff needed to beat DK.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    5 extra fest pulls from cashing in my coins:
    1st - Orran USB
    2nd - Machina BSB dupe
    3rd - Beatrix Sync dupe
    4th - Gabranth G+ (SB), Totto LMR dupe, Vanille Sync dupe
    5th - Y'shtola DPS USB, Fran BSB dupe

Boo all around.

I've been slowly clearing all the Physical Lab bosses with various Quinlarra setups, but they're still tougher that Cait/Mog magic teams.

If I manage to clear all the Lab bosses, I think I can pare back the amount of time I need to spend on this game and put it essentially on farm status.
    So yeah, got some interesting stuff, including some stuff which let me beat new things. My XV team is....weird, but super good now? Except DK still took some effort. I dunno. I'm still just waning on the game, I think.

e: worth noting I've been VOMITING tickets at some realms to get stuff needed to beat DK.

That's what tickets are there for at this point. A free long shot at turning around a team for tough content.

• Options
    Beat core DK.

That just leaves 11 and tactics.

• Options
    And... done! Finished my last Lab boss today. I've been slowly working my way through the Lab bosses since I got Quina's kit. The main difference from Cait/Mog was healing was shakier. Instead of a full party heal every ~2-4s, Elarra has a much tougher time of it. Countering Sap is critical, though the AI is usually designed to Sap you a turn after it's critical to heal the party. I ended up switching to Elarra's USB2 over her Sync2 since it provided more healing.

Took out all the new 580s, as well as Abductor, Salamander, Anima, Blue Dragon, and Alexander physical, as well as repeat clears for Hell House and Tiamat for the new quests for Honing Scrolls.

At this point I'm hoping I'm good until the next level of power creep, and can put this game on farm mode and be a bit lower maintenance about it. Farming Hero Equip is still a bit of a grind to get through, but I don't think I'll need to devote as much time and energy for a while. Could farm Empower 18s and put them on 9 different Odins, but I somehow doubt it :rotate:

Since I have a pile of tickets, I thought I'd give it a go, then save them for when they're needed or the next refresh.
    1: Matoya BSB dupe, WoL OSB dupe
    2: Leon USB dupe, Josef rCSB, Emp G+ dupe
    3: Luneth LMR dupe
    4: Pecil LMR (+Def), Pecil OSB, Pecil USB dupe, Ceodore LBG
    5: Greg BSB dupe, Dorgann USB dupe
    6: Relm G+ dupe
    7: Vincent USB dupe, Seph USB dupe, Shelke CSB dupe
    8: Kiros BSB dupe, Rinoa LMR dupe, Laguna Glint dupe
    9: Garnet USB dupe, Freya USB, Freya AOSB dupe
    10: Rikku G+ dupe, Paine AASB
    11: Lilisette AASB dupe
    12: Balthier BSB dupe
    13: Snow USB dupe
    14: Haurchefant AASB
    15: Noct LMR dupe, Prompto USB dupe
    FFT: Agrias USB
    Type-0: Cater AOSB dupe, Cinque LBG dupe, Eight Dyad
    Core: Wedge LMR, Tyro Sync

Fire: Vincent BSB dupe, Auron Sync dupe
    Ice: Delita LMR+, Lasswell G+ dupe, Sazh Sync, Firion Sync2
    Wind: Barbi AASB
    Earth: Rydia BSB dupe, Ward BSB, Tifa Glint dupe
    Lightning: Claire Sync1. Wanted this so badly back when it came out :rotate:
    Water: Edge Sync dupe
    Holy: WoL USB dupe, Dr. Mog USB dupe
    Dark: Decil LMR dupe

That is a gigantic amount of dupes. I would be so pissed if I'd spent mythril instead of tickets on that. Nothing game changing, though technically a few usable pieces.

Oh well, hibernation mode: ON.

• Options
    Tactics DK down thanks to *checks notes* Montblanc?

I ended up getting his sync and his awakening from tickets. Turns out fixed-damage chases and attacks that are over 20000 are useful for dragonking.

I've also managed to sub-30 DK 3-10, and 13-15, and done lab season 3 magic (and realm) aside from 7 (which is weirdly hard). Not sub-30, but yeah. I've got until Sunday to beat 7, I guess.

This is gonna sound weird, but the game is less fun without the regular discussion, tho.

• Options
    Tactics DK down thanks to *checks notes* Montblanc?

I ended up getting his sync and his awakening from tickets. Turns out fixed-damage chases and attacks that are over 20000 are useful for dragonking.

I've also managed to sub-30 DK 3-10, and 13-15, and done lab season 3 magic (and realm) aside from 7 (which is weirdly hard). Not sub-30, but yeah. I've got until Sunday to beat 7, I guess.

This is gonna sound weird, but the game is less fun without the regular discussion, tho.

It's not weird at all. But after 7 years I think most of the regulars have called it quits.

I'm still around, but with everything cleared I've been mostly chilling.

• Options
    There's really not much incentive to talk about the game outside of fests and maybe targeted quests for the new content bosses. Hibernation mode is optimal play tbh

urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    Is anyone finding their hero equipment inventory getting super crowded? I end up having to mulch things once a day at this point.

In other news, half off ff6 draw tempted me:
    Cyan aasb2. Aww.

It's my 2nd bdl for him, so not nothing, but 9/12 of the banner was 7* and I missed >.<

Oh well.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Meanwhile I've been on a bit of a tear.

Managed to beat 650 of FXII, wind (both), FFVII, Holy (magic), and gotten lightning magic within 2% (and have a decent shot at physical for both I think, too). I need to go back and try again on some of the earlier seasons.

Random tickets (and the half-cost ffvi draw) have gotten me:
    Vincent Limit Over
    Tifa Dyad (was needed for FFVII)
    Zack AASB2 (was needed for FFVII)
    Warrior of Light Dyad (maaaaaybe have a shot at sub-30 DK now? Doubt it)
    Prishe dyad (this will probably get me XI DK, which is the next thing I'm going to be beating against)
    Sabin Dyad
    Sabin DASB
    Lilisette limit summon (if I had ANYTHING ELSE for her might be more useful)
    Prishe AASB (this is the thing that will make Prishe's dyad so nice, beause I already had her sync)

Meanwhile my primary limiting factor seems to be.....6* dex motes?

Jragghen on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular

Yeah, I think when more people were playing/posting about it it felt more fun to play. Without the group component my momentum in the game slowed enough that I just stopped playing it. I think my big problem with FFRK and most gacha games is that content is in two places: Nearly impossible and absurdly easy. You have to do both to stay ahead and that means letting the phone run itself a lot if you can work it, or restarting thousands of times wasting hours until you muscle memory the area of the screen to frantically tap at the right time.

I'm having a lot of fun playing puzzles and dragons again. (still going after 10 years!) I can coop with my wife, and the content has a lot more variation between too hard and too easy. It feels more generous than FFRK. They have a bunch of levels that give you 85 stones(mythril) on completion. Game has changed a lot over the years.

Anyways this was a long way to say I miss chatting with you all as well.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    The Good! Latest maintenance added Wait Mode Speed 2 to Lab bosses from Seasons 1-3, so less terrible to tackle.

The Bad! Haven't found the energy to give Lab Shiva a try yet. Intimidated by all the hype.

The Ugly! Three new books, cleared right away, got me an Ursula AASB for free, which is new, but probably doesn't get used, unfortunately.

• Options
    Gabranth sasb, ffxv bad guy sasb and sephi losb for me off the tickets (guess where I pulled).

Almost got all the lab bosses done now except for shiva, been working on my last DK (xi of course) as well.

• Options
    I've finished every DK although a few still aren't sub-30.

Started working on lab 650s and I'm making progress but some of these hit like fucking TRUCKS.

• Options
    I've mastered all s3 labs, all s2 magic, all s1 magic (except wind), s1 4 and s1 physical wind.

The key, I've found, was lensing chains that were convenient. Getting a count to 150 matters and having one instead of the instant-cast-cap-at 100 count made a difference.

So I lensed gabranth (had shadow and seifer, but gabranth is a ton more useful), dagger (had shantotto's second), and gogo (had straight but he's my primary water dps and didn't have time)

• Options
    Took a confluence of time, motivation, and dumb luck, but managed to clear all the new Lab Shiva versions/difficulties.

MAG vulnerable was absurdly tanky, but once I had it figured out, it wasn't too bad.

PHY vulnerable was a pain in the ass with triggering slots 4 and 5 trances, and healing was sketchy in the first two phases, but once everything clicked, I barely missed a sub-30s.

Back to hibernation mode.

• Options
    Decided to go ham on bio banner, 3 pulls

Dupe Edgar sync, Leila awakening, Edgar awakening, Edgar dyad, Leila limit over, Edgar dual

• Options
    Bio lab is very very tanky and hits like a truck. Couldn't do it without one pull on the banner which got me Edgar SASB to help with the imperils.

• Options
    New books! Finished right away.

Free draw! Kuja AASB dupe. Boo.

Managed to just barely sub 30s 580 Green Dragon with 3 BDLs across three characters, which makes me think 650 is out of reach for now.

• Options
    The slow march towards every DK sub-30 continues, with 1 and 2 falling.

Only 11, T, and core remain.

• Options
    The slow march towards every DK sub-30 continues, with 1 and 2 falling.

Only 11, T, and core remain.

I tried 11 a bunch of times and I'm just leaving it till it gets nerfed in a few months. Not worth the frustration.

• Options
    Couldn't quite make the Poison Lab boss work, so last minute desperate draws!
    Banner 2 - Thief AASB2
    Quistis G+
    Quistis G+ dupe, Kefka SASB dupe

Goddamit.

Banner 1 - Leila LMR, Leila LBO. Basically least helpful set of items?!
    Leila AASB, Edgar CSB, Quistis Sync, Edgar DAASB.

Can probably string something together now? Fuck that was aggravating.

FF9 ticket draws:
    1st - Zidane LBO
    2nd - Beatrix AASB
    3rd - Beatrix LMR
    4th - Amarant Sync?

Maybe a Vivi/Amarant/Beatrix team gets there with 2 BDL a piece?