Options

[Playstation 5] Sony acquires Bungie for 3.6 Billion

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    So I was going to pre-order GoW: Rags...then was curious of something. I have a PS4 Pro and not planning on getting a PS5 anytime soon, so should I wait on getting it?

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm playing Cyberpunk on my PS5 right now, and it's running fine for me. A few bugs, but nothing really beyond the pale for a complex open world game, and nothing really hilarious.

Calling your ride can still trigger some "Roach on roof" level shit the last few patches/now. I've had a motorcycle drive up a pier out of the sea (not jump, it literally drove up a support like it was a flat road and not straight up), a second copy of my car appear under the first spawn of my ride, after the first one loaded clipped in a gate and exploded immediately, etc...

Aw, I'm kind of jealous. Funniest thing that happened to me when I called my car is that I saw it in the distance, it drove right toward me, then just kept on going and going and going to lord knows where.

It noticed Johnny in your head and said, "Fuck it, I'm out!"

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    So I was going to pre-order GoW: Rags...then was curious of something. I have a PS4 Pro and not planning on getting a PS5 anytime soon, so should I wait on getting it?

If you wanna wait to play the PS5 version, yeh, I'd wait on getting it. It'll be on sale eventually and you'll be able to get the same thing for cheaper before you'd want to play it anyway.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Haven't they said it's going to be both versions? I thought it was their climbdown after the backlash when they said the PS5 versions would cost more, as they'd already announced that the PS4 versions of GoWR would be upgraded for free.
    They said okay, we'll keep our word, but don't expect it from anything else.
    (unless I'm thinking of a different game, maybe forbidden West)

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    klemming wrote: »
    Haven't they said it's going to be both versions? I thought it was their climbdown after the backlash when they said the PS5 versions would cost more, as they'd already announced that the PS4 versions of GoWR would be upgraded for free.
    They said okay, we'll keep our word, but don't expect it from anything else.
    (unless I'm thinking of a different game, maybe forbidden West)

Yeah, that’s FW. You’ll have to pay a $10 to upgrade the PS4 version of Ragnarok to PS5.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm playing Cyberpunk on my PS5 right now, and it's running fine for me. A few bugs, but nothing really beyond the pale for a complex open world game, and nothing really hilarious.

Calling your ride can still trigger some "Roach on roof" level shit the last few patches/now. I've had a motorcycle drive up a pier out of the sea (not jump, it literally drove up a support like it was a flat road and not straight up), a second copy of my car appear under the first spawn of my ride, after the first one loaded clipped in a gate and exploded immediately, etc...

Aw, I'm kind of jealous. Funniest thing that happened to me when I called my car is that I saw it in the distance, it drove right toward me, then just kept on going and going and going to lord knows where.

Ah I see they still haven't fixed that big lol.

• Options
    Y'all I think Elex is definitely a sleeper hit for me. I'm nearing the end and I'm wondering if I should start a new one immediately after finishing.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Y'all I think Elex is definitely a sleeper hit for me. I'm nearing the end and I'm wondering if I should start a new one immediately after finishing.

If you keep an eye out, Elex II is a direct continuation that threads a nice mix of aspects from the endings of Elex and has hit on sale in the $30-40 range already. It iterates on the first and tries some new things, some that work and some that don't, but I'm happy if they can keep a decent AA open world game series a la Risen or Gothic going for another chapter or two.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I was playing Like a Dragon the other day and my wife was watching me have a board meeting battle with a chicken so I could earn enough money to buy a sex whip for one of my party members and she's like, "Imagine if aliens came here after humanity wiped itself out and all of human culture had been destroyed except for this game. Imagine how confused they would be."

And oh God I hope that someday aliens are learning about human culture from Yakuza games.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    I was playing Like a Dragon the other day and my wife was watching me have a board meeting battle with a chicken so I could earn enough money to buy a sex whip for one of my party members and she's like, "Imagine if aliens came here after humanity wiped itself out and all of human culture had been destroyed except for this game. Imagine how confused they would be."

And oh God I hope that someday aliens are learning about human culture from Yakuza games.

Yakuza and Saint's Row, East and West looking to extort and fuck all of creation.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »

I have no goddamn idea how the series manages to tow the line between deadly serious main plots, and fever dream substories. But damned if they don't pull it off.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Finished playing A Plague Tale: Innocence last night, just a week or so after the sequel came out - thought it was good but not great, and didn't quite stick the landing, but I'll check out Requiem at some point.
    I liked the atmosphere in the first 2/3ish of the game, but felt like most puzzles only had one solution. The last third opened up more different ways of getting through (mostly by choosing violence), but ratnados were maybe a step too far for me, while 'rats that evaporated when exposed to firelight' were apparently okay to my brain.

I'd also evolved Amicia into a killing machine by the end of it, which seemed like the only option - a few more stealth upgrade options might not have gone astray.

I steered clear of Requiem reviews because I figured even by mentioning how that game starts they'd spoil the ending to the first but will have a bit of a look now - interested to see where it goes from here.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Just so everyone is aware, some store has been selling God of War Ragnarok up to two weeks early and so the entire game is spoiled online in places.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

So we know that Tesla still exist in this future

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Got back from a trip with nothing to do and finished God of War (2018), that was a good time with fun combat and top notch voice acting. Didn’t 100% it, but I did most of what I cared to do while playing the main story and I have no interest in going back now to hunt for trophies. My playtime counter says I’ve played for 43 hours, and I wouldn’t have wanted it to run any longer so that’s a fairly good length.

Also, I had the incredible foresight to claim Play from Home games even though I didn’t have a PlayStation at the time, so I moved on to Ratchet & Clank. It starts out real strong, the game is immediately charming and fun to play, but my experience is kinda being ruined by constant notification that recording has been blocked or resumed. First thing I did after the initial console setup was turn off all notifications for trophies, and that was intuitive and worked like a charm and I had an entirely distraction-free experience with GoW. I’d like that again.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah I don't understand that notification at all.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Yea we've talked about that before.

Its especially frustrating because you could disable it on PS4...

But now multiple years into PS5 and it still can't be disabled. Extremely dumb.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Sony had one good UI designer who came up with the crossbar on the PS3 and then was promptly fired.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    I still found it hilarious how that notification spoiled something significant was about to happen in Arkham Knight for me lol. It was like "Recording stopped" and I was all SHIT IS ABOUT TO GET REAL

Aegeri on
  • Options
    Elex complete! About 40 hours which is the perfect amount of time for a long ass game (for me). Thought about starting a new char but I have other games that require my attention.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I still found it hilarious how that notification spoiled something significant was about to happen in Arkham Knight for me lol. It was like "Recording stopped" and I was all SHIT IS ABOUT TO GET REAL
    Look, the most important thing is that no-one can see videos online showing how the original Final Fantasy 7 ended.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    So here's an ad for God of War that, uh... yeah. I hope everyone involved was paid handsomely.

https://youtu.be/tQH0YK1rGVc

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Elex complete! About 40 hours which is the perfect amount of time for a long ass game (for me). Thought about starting a new char but I have other games that require my attention.

Yeah I had meant to go back and replay as a different faction but it's so annoying that time is a finite resource.

Chiselphane on
  • Options
    Well I thought it was funny.

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Well I thought it was funny.

Me too!

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    The best thing that I've seen Travolta in for a while

Make of that what you will

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    The best thing that I've seen Travolta in for a while

Make of that what you will

The moose is in the house!

• Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    Ok, theoretically I have ordered a PS5. Had to buy the MW2 bundle which I don't particularly care about, but it's still cheaper than the scalpers on ebay.

Really looking forward to this, since I never owned a PS4! I waited long enough that when I heard that the PS5 would be backwards compatible I just decided to get one of those. And because I'm stubborn I vowed to not pay a scalper or camp out at stores or anything. And now look at me!!

sig.gif
  • Options
    The best thing is, nearly every really good PS4 game is usually better on PS5 in some way (enhancement patches, straight up remasters etc).

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Also play Astros Playroom first. It should already be in your library when you first boot the console. It's a delightful couple of hours that shows off the new controller functionality.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Even if you don't care about the controller stuff just trying to spot all the franchises and games that have Easter eggs is nuts. There were some deep cuts I was surprised by.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    You can not kill what had no life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBd1P7vpvfc

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Yeah I was in a similar situation, missed out on the ps4 so when I got a ps5 not only did I have stuff like the new ratchet and clank to blow me away, I had like an embarrassment of riches to go through of all the exclusives I’d missed out on, most of them at 60fps and updated

Prohass on
  • Options
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    $550? I'm going to pass for now.

Kind of sad too. PSVR is how I fell in love with VR.

urahonky on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Entirely too much money. I understand because of the tech, but you're asking for more than the console at that price. So nah, I'll wait til discounts or til Index 2 comes out. If an update comes out that PSVR2 will officially support PC then I might reconsider at $550.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Plus no support for the original PSVR is a bummer. Yeah, I know there's some sort of major technical reason that's the case, but it's still going to feel weird that somehow everything from PS4 works on PS5 except the VR.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Yea, there is no way I'd consider it for that amount of cash. Entirely too rich for my blood.

In other news, I finished Shenmue!

It was...an experience.

The good:

The dialogue and voice acting was ridiculously entertaining. It was so bad that many line readings made me laugh out loud. Also the story was hilariously poorly told. There was one section where he was working a forklift for work, then got jumped by a bunch of thugs. I beat the tar out of them and their leader said he would go after my family and kill them all. Ryo was all like "Whelp I guess I still have work to do" and it immediately took me back to finishing work for the day. I laughed so hard at that. I guess he wasn't all that concerned about the gang leader threatening his family. The game was full of this kind of super choppy writing. But then again, that was 90's video game storytelling I suppose.

The bad:

The controls were clunky and awful. The fighting engine was simplified and worse Virtual Fighting controls. The day/night cycle and having to constantly wait out the clock was awful.

All in all, I'm glad to have finally played through it as it's been on my bucket list of games to play through, but woo it was a rough one.

Funny enough I did get the platinum for it. Not a hard plat to get as long as you don't miss any of the missable trophies.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    As others have pointed out, the price point (probably influenced at least a little bit by the decision to raise the console price in most markets), combined with formally announcing no support for the existing PSVR library, and no obvious use aside from the Playstation 5 (it's not a standalone device; who knows what'll happen as a PC option, if anything), it's going to be too rich for a lot of people's blood, mine too. Even with the price bump, the PS5 is a subsidized, and standalone, games and media box; this is neither.

It doesn't look good for the adoption rate versus PSVR, but that's too far off to speculate usefully.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Plus no support for the original PSVR is a bummer. Yeah, I know there's some sort of major technical reason that's the case, but it's still going to feel weird that somehow everything from PS4 works on PS5 except the VR.

Is Beatsaber 2 launch title?

No?

Then fuck off.

This discussion has been closed.