As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Football/Soccer] - Harry Kane - Goals: 267, Trophies: 0

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Nein
    I don’t care who they face the next round, this team is going to the semis either way.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Yes, if “it” is absurd pre-tournament over-hyping of a team followed by under achievement
    Not saying Switzerland and Portugal should maybe try a last minute penalty practice.

But not not saying it.

• Options
    Nein
    Ronaldo on the bench, so Bogart can properly enjoy the game.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Yes, if “it” is absurd pre-tournament over-hyping of a team followed by under achievement
    I would love for Portugal to go out with Penaldo's only goal of the cup being that flop of a penalty in the first match

But we already got Morocco over Spain I doubt we're double lucky in the same day.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Bogart wrote: »
    Still, Italy seems like a very good bet right now.

To prove how much I know about football here’s me a year ago talking about Italy’s chances at this World Cup.

• Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular

Like holy fuck that is your go to celebration after sinking the game winning penalty?

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    PhistiPhisti Registered User regular
    As much as I'd like to see Portugal out that was a strike.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Nein
    The quality of that strike might be enough to keep Ronaldo on the bench for remaining tournament.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    "Switzerland have a chance here, Portugal don't look great with Ronaldo"

*Portugal bench Ronaldo and stick two past Switzerland in about twenty five minutes*

Whelp....

sig.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Oof, getting ugly.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Crowd chanting for Ronaldo.

Fuck off.

• Options
    Nein

Fuck off.

This is the best they’ve looked all tournament, and it’s not even close.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Nein
    I think this Ronaldo fella might be washed

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Ronalwho? It's all about Ramos.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    racistmannycalaveraracistmannycalavera Registered User new member
    bwanie wrote: »
    well time for another round of burning cars and whatever in my major cities,

I am not racist BUT

• Options

Fuck off.

Makes sense, games done, might as well preserve the talent and let the scrubs get some minutes

• Options
    Nein
    Portugal deserve to go out for this crowd reaction.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Jesus, that Leao goal....

sig.gif
  • Options
    Nein
    HerrCron wrote: »
    Jesus, that Leao goal....

Real fancy.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    The song is equally about football being hosted in England again in 1996 so it technically already did come home in a very real sense
    Pellaeon wrote: »
    I would love for Portugal to go out with Penaldo's only goal of the cup being that flop of a penalty in the first match

But we already got Morocco over Spain I doubt we're double lucky in the same day.

It may take another match or two but it’s looking likely you’ll get your wish now!

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Pretty fucking tasty set of quarter finals there.

smi48v8bbojg.jpeg

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    There are some historical grudge matches in there. I mean not always around the actual game of course.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    The song is equally about football being hosted in England again in 1996 so it technically already did come home in a very real sense
    Oh god I can already see the comparisons of Mbappé to Charles Martel just looking at that bracket

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    TenekTenek Registered User regular
    I knew it was rigged - Canada got stuck in the only group with TWO Top 8 teams.

• Options
    I'm feeling confident picking Brazil and France, but the other two could well go either way.

sig.gif
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Nein
    Netherlands vs Argentina is tough to call because imo they’ve both been shite so far

I imagine the favourites go through in the other matches with the coloniser derby not even being close

• Options
    Tav wrote: »
    Netherlands vs Argentina is tough to call because imo they’ve both been shite so far

I imagine the favourites go through in the other matches with the coloniser derby not even being close

I’m not sure which one is the coloniser derby there are too many colonizers still in the tournament

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    England vs France seems the obvious choice. Seems a bit rough on Morocco, Croatia and Brazil otherwise.

• Options
    edited December 2022
    And now a desert of no football for two whole days. Ugh.

Anyway I think it'll be Argentina/Brazil and France/Portugal, then France/Brazil in the final and I have no idea who'll win that one. But maybe Mbappe's leg falls off in between now and Saturday and England win, squeeze past Portugal in a thriller and then play Brazil in a World Cup final and Harry Kane scores a hat trick and then while walking in Nottingham for no reason Edgar Wright sees me out looking wise and yet cool and likable and instantly casts me as the lead in his smash hit new movie, Handsome Man Lady Sexer and then I win the lottery and

Bogart on
  • Options
    Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    An Argentina Vs Portugal final will have more build up than wrestlemania. Messi Vs Ronaldo. one will fall, one will become legend etc etc.

• Options
    Mc zany wrote: »
    An Argentina Vs Portugal final will have more build up than wrestlemania. Messi Vs Ronaldo. one will fall, one will become legend etc etc.

Maybe Ronaldo will even make it off the bench in that one!

• Options
    Hopefully not. Him watching as Portugal put five past the opposition then coming on to do no more than help celebrate an unnecessary sixth goal was beautiful. The only way I could have enjoyed his contribution more was for Santos to have tried to bring him on for the the last two minutes only for Ronaldo to refuse and sulk his way back up the tunnel with tears in his eyes.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Nein
    And now a desert of no football for two whole days. Ugh.

My kid woke up this morning and the first words he said were "What happened in the early game this morning?"

The struggle is real.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    Nein

Like holy fuck that is your go to celebration after sinking the game winning penalty?

In retrospect, it’s kinda savage now that I understand it’s a celebration he does with Ramos, who was left out of the Spanish squad. It’s a shoutout to his buddy.

https://youtu.be/LB9PxAUuFUk

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    alh43ahacz5x.jpg

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Niet
    God i love van Gaal. On the pressconference today:

Well it sucks there will be 40.000 Argentinans on the stands and we only have 1400...

Which, by the way is 400 more then expected, so i'm happy about that, that's progress!

Even if one them (400) is Valentijn Driessen ( A reporter he DOES NOT like)

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg