Options

The [Wrestling] Thread is Headed to Philadelphia!

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Look, old people die falling down the stairs all the time. And Triple H's fingerprints on the back of his shirt don't mean anything, he's his son-in-law, they're together a lot!

Brass Ring: A Knives Out Story

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular

Pro Wrestling EVE confirming what most suspected: Miyu Yamashita is out due to a concussion suffered at the Ittenyon show. I assume this means she won't be making that Athena match for the ROH title either.

If it's from that one spot where she fell out of the ring and smacked her head, she wrestled the rest of the match on muscle memory alone. It also makes that shoot headbutt she did even dumber.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Kenny says he wants to wrestle El Desperado

And I can’t even at that thought.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Kenny says he wants to wrestle El Desperado

And I can’t even at that thought.

I too would try to avoid wrestling DOUKI.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    I too would try to avoid wrestling Tetsuya Endo and Daisuke Sasaki.
    seriously tho the 2014 Best of the Super Juniors match between Kenny snd Despy is SO GOOD

hailtothekale on
  • Options
    If Despy hated flying back and forth between Japan and the US so much, he should just hang out in the states for a bit and do a Suzuki style tour.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Look, old people die falling down the stairs all the time. And Triple H's fingerprints on the back of his shirt don't mean anything, he's his son-in-law, they're together a lot!

At this point the fingerprints could just as easily be Steph's. Y'know, bringing the grandkids and all.

• Options
    Me before starting New Years Dash:

These matches are always fun Im not going to skip any of them

Me after seeing the first match is a 6 man with House of Torture:

I stand corrected, fuck that *SKIP*

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Oh I went to a house show after Christmas it was Raw it was good

Bianca fucking rules and like dead.lifted Becky Lynch while on her knees Jesus Christ

Otis and Chad are hilarious

The Miz is still great and I still dont like Gargano he almost killed himself as well missing a rope but that's not really his fault

The intergender match was great except for the fact it had Karl Anderson in it

Balor and Seth in a steel cage was the house shoe main even I wanted it was excellent

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Happy new years wrestling thread! Have you been waiting for the first Masashi Takeda vs Jun Kasai singles match in over four years? So have I!

Thankfully, the gracious Takashi Sasaki has blessed us with this New Years (well, kinda) deathmatch for free!

It's got a 10 minute time limit and is not really bloody at all for a big FREEDOMS match... probably because the title isn't on the line like Kasai had been anticipating ;)

hailtothekale on
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    What if Billy Corgin bought the WWE and rebranded it as the New New NWA

• Options
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Vince is officially back on the board. Glad I didn't go getting too invested in WWE in the interim.

This was on Reddit:
    l6ermtbm3faa1.jpg

Goose! on
  • Options
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Man it didn't take long for folks to sour on FTR, huh?

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    Man it didn't take long for folks to sour on FTR, huh?

This is a good way to sum them up (this was about Wrestle Kingdom)

In ring they are great but outside of physically competing in the ring they just seem miserable and it shows

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    how is this real
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hxp3gdnijo
    also i want to see that Lex vs guy in a giant monster outfit match

• Options
    I can't stand people that complain about "boo boo face". They went to Japan, had a great match, put Bishamon over clean. It's fine. They're not smiling babyface type guys anyway, and it's an insult to someone's acting skill to say, always in hindsight, "Oh they looked sad coming out so they were unprofessional about losing".

FTR is still great. The Gunns are firmly in my Boy Stable so I look forward to whatever this feud is.

Dax should maybe stop podcasting, though.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Me before starting New Years Dash:

These matches are always fun Im not going to skip any of them

Me after seeing the first match is a 6 man with House of Torture:

I stand corrected, fuck that *SKIP*

From what I gather, you just need to see the post match angle.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Happy new years wrestling thread! Have you been waiting for the first Masashi Takeda vs Jun Kasai singles match in over four years? So have I!

Thankfully, the gracious Takashi Sasaki has blessed us with this New Years (well, kinda) deathmatch for free!

It's got a 10 minute time limit and is not really bloody at all for a big FREEDOMS match... probably because the title isn't on the line like Kasai had been anticipating ;)

Would it kill you to spoiler that video link? Some of us choose to avoid those kind of matches/thumbnails for good reason.

Geddoe on
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Geddoe wrote: »

Would it kill you to spoiler that video link? Some of us choose to avoid those kind of matches/thumbnails for good reason.

Sorry! The one time out of a dozen I post a deathmatch video and the spoiler didn't work correctly. My bad, I just fixed it.

hailtothekale on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I personally hope that Freddie Prinze Jr is talking to his investors about just buying WWE instead of starting up his own promotion anymore. All WWE wrestlers getting SAG membership would be a neat twist.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    Did Vince seriously decide January 6 would be the perfect day to launch an insurrection against the leadership of his own company

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Did Vince seriously decide January 6 would be the perfect day to launch an insurrection against the leadership of his own company

Well unlike the chuds, he's actually succeeding. Its fucking disgusting he acts like the shit he did was like board room politics and not gross sexual exploitation of employees

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Geddoe wrote: »

Weirdly super aggressive way to ask someone who's historically been extremely good about that exact thing, but okay

• Options
    anyway that match ruled and you should watch it (provided are you, like me, one of the accursed moral failures who enjoy deathmatches, the scourge of the industry)

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I hope the WWE gets sold to some big uncaring company and then folds a year later.

It’s what it deserves at this point.

• Options
    Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Vince never went away, he has always had 80% of the voting stock and could have done this at any time. I hope everyone hired under HHH's tenure is updating their CVs about now.

• Options
    I hope the WWE gets sold to some big uncaring company and then folds a year later.

It’s what it deserves at this point.

I don't really want that. For about the same reason as nobody here has said, "Oh man wouldn't it be great if Tony Khan bought WWE?"

• Options
    Yeah, I'd personally prefer that there not be one single option for wrestling on TV, owned and operated by a Terminally Online Billionaire

I mean, not that WWE is much better in that regard, but at least there are multiple options

• Options
    Also I must be just a cantankerous asshole nowadays because I see that Tony Khan tweet and I'm just like, yes, you've managed to still not be Vince McMahon, congratulations on that herculean effort of not literally fucking your staff against their will. Such an achievement. Be proud. We now would like you to try to do the limbo with a bar 6' in the air and perform a high jump over a bar 2" in the air. Good luck, we're all counting on you and our prayers are with you, you fucking hero, you.

It'd be one thing if he was just dunking on Vince, like I'm all for dunking on Vince. Let's always, now and forever, dunk on Vince. Make it an American Pastime, if it isn't already. But Tony Khan taking victory laps on stuff like this has gotten really fucking old.

• Options
    No matter how many victory laps Tony Khan wants to take about Not Being Vince McMahon, he's still a billionaire, an inherently unethical thing to be, and something he could choose not to be at literally any given moment, ever

• Options
    Sure but I'm not gonna sit here and go "Tony Khan and Vince McMahon are EXACTLY THE SAME" just because they have money

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    Exclusive footage of WWE unveiling their new leader.

• Options
    That's fine, you do you, I simply do not have room in my life for acting like billionaires aren't inherently awful people

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    That's fine, you do you, I simply do not have room in my life for acting like billionaires aren't inherently awful people

Yeah like Vince is worse than Tony sure, but both have way more money then they ever should be allowed to have and use it in shitty ways because they have lots of money. Billionares are pretty much all failures of governmental policies

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.