Options

Taylor Swift and the Biden Campaign present: [Chat]

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    i'm still receiving an expected amount of reactions

the tithes must flow, lest the legions be mobilized to ensure compliance from your vassals

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    maraji wrote: »
    While I’m super glad folks are working on resolving the forum issues, part of me was kind of hoping that Neco would spin up a Teams + Sharepoint instance for us.

[chat] in TEAMS! TEAMS with you chat friends! TEAMS FOR ALL HUMAN INTERACTION!

*clicks "Sounds good!" suggested response*

you can get rid of those

#1 thing to do to any product is turn off suggested responses so you don't die when you use it

tbh i'm not sure how i feel about the fact i would just respond "Sounds good!" anyway

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    While I’m super glad folks are working on resolving the forum issues, part of me was kind of hoping that Neco would spin up a Teams + Sharepoint instance for us.

you can get rid of those

#1 thing to do to any product is turn off suggested responses so you don't die when you use it

Thanks for the helpful reply!

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    I made a four egg omelette diner-style by browning the outside in some butter, and then loading the toppings when it was more -or-less set and then folding it over

It was good, it was gross, it was the size of a plate, I won't do that again for awhile

you wouldn't think four eggs is a lot of eggs but four eggs is a lot of eggs

Three eggs: A good reasonable amount of eggs done as scrambled eggs

Four eggs: A sizable amount of scrambled eggs, A GIGANTIC OMELETTE I'M SCRAMBLING BACKWARDS AND CALLING IN ORBITAL STRIKE

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

you can get rid of those

tbh i'm not sure how i feel about the fact i would just respond "Sounds good!" anyway

Chanus is a chatbot

I'm onto you now Chanus

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Tumin wrote: »

you can get rid of those

The only thing that makes sense for me to do with the current model of the game was to use the game to create an environment where you would be playing the game in the future and not have a specific game in the next generation and then play it again and see what happens in a future time frame and how that works out for the future time frame of the games and how it will be played for you as well so I think that would make sense in the context of a lot of the future game as a lot to be in terms to me but I think it would make sense for the games that I would prefer the games I have played with a few different scenarios where the games are the same game and the games I have seen before that would help you get used by other games I don’t want any of those things are very similar things that you could use to see how to use the games

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    look at Gaston over here

I walked into the gym today, walked on a treadmill for five minutes, stressed about work and just up and left

Surely that necessitates 80g of protein

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    edited February 16
    At least my coffee is better

So far these are even like on-sale beans for $10 a bag and still coming out of my old Cuisinart auto pot. But just doing them fresh is an upgrade..

Mongrel beans, the Dewars blended of beans

SummaryJudgment on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Orca wrote: »

you can get rid of those

Chanus is a chatbot

I'm onto you now Chanus

Communications Heuristic Apparatus Natively Utilizing Socialization

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Tumin wrote: »

you can get rid of those

The only thing that makes sense for me to do with the current model of the game was to use the game to create an environment where you would be playing the game in the future and not have a specific game in the next generation and then play it again and see what happens in a future time frame and how that works out for the future time frame of the games and how it will be played for you as well so I think that would make sense in the context of a lot of the future game as a lot to be in terms to me but I think it would make sense for the games that I would prefer the games I have played with a few different scenarios where the games are the same game and the games I have seen before that would help you get used by other games I don’t want any of those things are very similar things that you could use to see how to use the games

You okay? Say “teams” twice if copilot pulled a gun on you.

• Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    C.H.A.N.U.S.

Cannibalistic
    Humanoid
    Aunderground
    Ndweller
    Userundefined
    Suserundefined

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited February 16
    Atomika wrote: »
    I feel like there’s probably a way to be a civil rights advocate without pretending to be part of a marginalized outgroup

But also there’s people who like to claim trans identity who insist upon the pronouns and presentations they were assigned at birth, and I give them a big fat hairy eyeball, too

nothing should surprise me but people claiming a trans identity for their birth-assigned gender is a new one for sure

There’s not a ton of people doing it, for sure, but there’s a handful

There was a fairly prominent one a few years back that sparked some difficult conversations in the trans community because the person doing it was a PhD in gender studies and spent most of their time traveling the UK giving symposia on how trans people are perfectly normal and safe and should be allowed to live their lives, which is a desperately necessary message in Britain, so kudos there

But also this person was AFAB and used she/her pronouns and was very femme and also did modeling for very very femme clothing and I felt like Gus fucking Fring reading about them
    t3ryby33kc7c.jpeg

Atomika on
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    huh I worked and stressed too much yesterday and today i'm just dicking around on my computer until our meeting at 3

this does not seem correct and maybe I should try to actually get something done so I don't feel crunched next week around this sudden boston trip

I just wanna play videogames though ;_;

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options

cred I have been playing valorant for a couple of days

this is a bad choice right

• Options

It’s been a thing for decades and decades

Popular with chronic pain and cancer patients, for obvious reasons

• Options
    on the plus side, so far no covid symptoms but it has only been 3(?) days since coming back to my covid-filled house so idk

plenty of time for that and I probably won't be relaxed until that window closes in, like, more than a week

• Options
    huh I worked and stressed too much yesterday and today i'm just dicking around on my computer until our meeting at 3

this does not seem correct and maybe I should try to actually get something done so I don't feel crunched next week around this sudden boston trip

You could grab Helldivers? It's very fun, I ambushed @SniperGuy and @TheKoolEagle last night and blasted a bunch of robots with them.

• Options

I'm so curious about it! I've never played at all cause I don't really care for FPSes but I think it's pretty successful and I'm curious to hear how fun it is, what characters it has, what the playerbase is like, etc

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 16
    Acutely about Dolezal herself, she didn't just adopt a black identity, she fabricated large swaths of her personal narrative in really stereotypical ways (she claimed, for example, that her parents took her to South Africa and whipped her like a slave). She fabricated multiple hate crimes against her and the NAACP office she worked for, which (arguably) put her coworkers unnecessarily on edge. She had a history of weird borderline microaggressions against other PoC that weren't serious enough at the time to make a big deal about but came to light after her fabrications did.

In the context of my comment about her being unhireable, she also lied about non-racial aspects of her background, like claiming to be a cancer survivor and fabricating a rape accusation. And when somebody is a pathological liar that includes fabricating hate crimes and rape accusations, you can't leave them alone in a room with another coworker, and you can't trust them for knowledge work. Even if Dolezal had never lied about her race, this sort of thing makes her unhireable. The only kind of work she could possibly do is physical labor under direct and constant supervision, and that's not something I want to sentence somebody to.

More generally, there is a ton of scholarship about how appropriation, white savior complex, and taking up space are common (if not essential) aspects of white racism. There's the main aspect about how these behaviors redirect resources (jobs, money, etc) from the marginalized group, but there are a lot of secondary subtle aspects about how they end up reinforcing stereotypes, and contributing to the obfuscation of the history of the marginalized group.

Edit; ugh, typos

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Valorant question--

Which role on your team are you supposed to blame when you lose?

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    NoneoftheaboveNoneoftheabove Just a conforming non-conformist. Twilight ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited February 16
    Hey, good morning-ish, fellow forumites! The day is still young and open to possibilities!
    I took my GF on a fun, post Valentines date last night to an art center where she could paint a ceramic piece of her choosing. Turns out it she chose a lovely floral pattern "waste bin" to glaze paint. Should I read that as ominous to the relationship? Here's hoping, no. And while it was fun to go 50 miles out of my way to hang with the hep art crowd, I did not get to paint the piece I was after. Crap.

Noneoftheabove on
  • Options
    It does feel good to call in the Eagle Airstrike on a bunch of mobs

Also I just unlocked the Autocannon and that's pretty great; it's chunky and anything you'd smang with the expendable rocket launcher you can also hurt with the AC. It comes with a backpack and supposedly you need teammates to help you reload but it let me by myself? Idk if it just loads faster or what.

• Options

You could grab Helldivers? It's very fun, I ambushed SniperGuy and TheKoolEagle last night and blasted a bunch of robots with them.

Oh no I have specific desires to play Against the Storm and League

I'm on Prestige 4 for Against the Storm and quite enjoying myself. 2x length of tempest duration makes you really confront your strategic choices and get better faster, which is neat

• Options

I'm so curious about it! I've never played at all cause I don't really care for FPSes but I think it's pretty successful and I'm curious to hear how fun it is, what characters it has, what the playerbase is like, etc

so far it's very hard and I don't know what most of the characters do

I played counterstrike in high school and college, and I think it's kinda like that - very lethal, a headshot or a couple of bullets can kill you, and kinda slower paced (it's much harder to hit anything while you're moving, so no TF2 style jumping blap blap)

but there's the overwatch style too where each character is different, with different skills - one lady can create an anivia wall, create a patch of ground that will slow people, do a little heal on herself or a teammate, and res a dead teammate as an ult for example

so I guess it's compelling enough for me to keep wanting to try it out even though I am quite bad

the playerbase seems very young, a lot of the people on voice sound like children or teens

I tried to watch a pro game last night to see if I could get a better sense of the flow of the game with some casters and I couldn't even understand them half the time, they're too young lol frfr no cap

• Options
    So I think my other therapist is breaking up with me

Soon I’ll be single* and back on the apps** looking for hookups***

*without necessary care
    **the crisis hotline
    ***qualified mental health experts

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    It does feel good to call in the Eagle Airstrike on a bunch of mobs

Also I just unlocked the Autocannon and that's pretty great; it's chunky and anything you'd smang with the expendable rocket launcher you can also hurt with the AC. It comes with a backpack and supposedly you need teammates to help you reload but it let me by myself? Idk if it just loads faster or what.

The Autocannon fucks. The reloads are instant if someone helps you, but yeah, reloading by yourself isn't onerous, and you get so much ammo in that backpack. The only problem I have with it is in close quarters, where I tend to detonate myself. If it didn't take the backpack slot, I might exclusively use it.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    But all that said, she still deserves to be fed and housed. It sucks that we can't humanely remove toxic people from workplaces without forcing them into poverty and (sometimes) literal homelessness.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    NoneoftheaboveNoneoftheabove Just a conforming non-conformist. Twilight ZoneRegistered User regular
    At least my coffee is better

So far these are even like on-sale beans for $10 a bag and still coming out of my old Cuisinart auto pot. But just doing them fresh is an upgrade..

Mongrel beans, the Dewars blended of beans
    I don't know about you, but I like getting my roasted coffee beans so fresh, I had to trade in foreign currency at AK47 gunpoint.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    C.H.A.N.U.S.

Cannibalistic
    Humanoid
    Aunderground
    Ndweller
    Userundefined
    Suserundefined

tzu35kwslgzr.png

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Acutely about Dolezal herself, she didn't just adopt a black identity, she fabricated large swaths of her personal narrative in really stereotypical ways (she claimed, for example, that her parents took her to South Africa and whipped her like a slave). She fabricated multiple hate crimes against her and the NAACP office she worked for, which (arguably) put her coworkers unnecessarily on edge. She had a history of weird borderline microaggressions against other PoC that weren't serious enough at the time to make a big deal about but came to light after her fabrications did.

In the context of my comment about her being unhireable, she also lied about non-racial aspects of her background, like claiming to be a cancer survivor and fabricating a rape accusation. And when somebody is a pathological liar that includes fabricating hate crimes and rape accusations, you can't leave them alone in a room with another coworker, and you can't trust them for knowledge work. Even if Dolezal had never lied about her race, this sort of thing makes her unhireable. The only kind of work she could possibly do is physical labor under direct and constant supervision, and that's not something I want to sentence somebody to.

More generally, there is a ton of scholarship about how appropriation, white savior complex, and taking up space are common (if not essential) aspects of white racism. There's the main aspect about how these behaviors redirect resources (jobs, money, etc) from the marginalized group, but there are a lot of secondary subtle aspects about how they end up reinforcing stereotypes, and contributing to the obfuscation of the history of the marginalized group.

Edit; ugh, typos

These aren't victimless crimes either. She gave racists ammunition for years.

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Cybernetic
    Hell
    Assassin
    Noble
    of
    Unrestrained
    Slaughter

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    Zavian wrote: »
    C.H.A.N.U.S.

Cannibalistic
    Humanoid
    Aunderground
    Ndweller
    Userundefined
    Suserundefined

tzu35kwslgzr.png

Yessss

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Cybernetic
    Hell
    Assassin
    Noble
    of
    Unrestrained
    Slaughter

vhizs1kfcpmd.png

• Options
    Calways
    He
    Alosing

Nalways
    Ue
    Slosing

• Options
    I wish they’d bring MODOCK back but have a multiverse Patton Oswalt as him

I liked the show they had that was in the style of Robot Chicken

• Options
    @amateurhour @Jacobkosh @Hahnsoo1

The Picard showrunner has said Paramount is passing on his TNG/Picard sequel series with 7 o’ 9 and Junior

• Options
    Feral wrote: »

Edit; ugh, typos

These aren't victimless crimes either. She gave racists ammunition for years.

Yeah.

On one hand, in general I do get a little iffy about blaming problematic people for giving their opponents ammunition. Like others have said, racists will be racist whether Dolezal ever lied about her race or not. Racists (and transphobes) are generally responsible for their own behavior. And there's a level where the complaint itself (that somebody gave their opponents ammunitions) just becomes carrying water for those opponents. (I don't think you're doing this. This is just metacommentary.)

OTOH, there's a threshold where the blame fits. I'm not sure exactly where that line is, and I wouldn't be able to precisely define it. But I'm pretty sure that fabricating hate crimes is over that line. The Spokane PD will be racist no matter what, but a plausible outcome of Dolezal's behavior is that the Spokane PD would be even less inclined to investigate racist threats against the Spokane NAACP office. (Not to mention how that may have aggravated the anxiety of other people who worked at that office.)

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular

My follow up concern is, if they're a thing, why was it hard for the chief medical officer to locate a provider get them for a helecopter ride?

• Options

My follow up concern is, if they're a thing, why was it hard for the chief medical officer to locate a provider get them for a helecopter ride?

🤷‍♀️

Supply chain issues?

• Options
    edited February 16
    @amateurhour @Jacobkosh @Hahnsoo1

The Picard showrunner has said Paramount is passing on his TNG/Picard sequel series with 7 o’ 9 and Junior

He's dead, Jim.

Noneoftheabove on
This discussion has been closed.