Options

The Painting Exposition.

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    The GW creeping vines are what I've used on the throne already.

I guess Brainleech's first video is pretty close to the actual plant:

closeup-view-live-oak-tree-260nw-2322954117.jpg

But it's not quite what I'm looking for, I want more, like, I guess moss-textured green strings I can rope between areas or something.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Oh wow, the paint job completely transformed the creeping vines, and I didn't recognize them.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 24
    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    That's cute, but I'm deeply bothered by how much water is coming out. My brain knows "no, that's just wrong" and I can't see it for what it is. :tongue:

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

"Exalted brother dreadnought, please refrain from giggling while I cleanse your undercarriage"

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    The slayer sword winner was cool as he'll
    8nb0mpnu82dy.png

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    A variety of progress on my part, that pales compared to the above.
    ugd2c71tcx74.jpg
    Some Death May Die investigators.

cg7i18nd0wb7.jpg
    Carnage!

i1pqpaqhsr1a.jpg
    Bloodborne boardgame church servants.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited March 25
    Looking at the GD winners and what's interesting to me is how especially basing has seen a trend to be way more elaborate but also more "realistic" over the last few GDs. A good portion of them actually start to overwhelm the minis in my opinion. Almost every winner is more of a diorama. The Slayer sword winner actually does something interesting with it.

Also, I'm absolutely sure the winner of the Heresy category was already a commended entry last year. You can do that?

honovere on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The heresy ones were neat but the Perturabo one I had to go look up because I thought he did not have the helm or hurricane missile rack
    I have the night lords one but he did not have the knee blade either so I was going to fill in the slot with filler. It does not have the lighting on it oddly

• Options
    There's a lot of custom sculpting on that Perturabo and the missile launche looks very much like the old resin contemptor havoc launcher.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I love how this flame trooper turned out.

w8dnjibwkuy8.jpg
    ngx52r523nky.jpg
    5yco5hr45kkb.jpg

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular

I keep not wanting to buy PowerWash simulator just for the 40K part of it, but things like this keep reminding me how hilarious it is.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    4m2mtuba4icd.jpg
    tbvsoi4jlglr.jpg

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    One of my local stores is running a sale on AP Warpaints, 50% off if you buy enough different bottles. Presumably because they want to clear room for the Fanatic line when singles come in.

I've already earmarked basically the whole line of Washes and a few Metallics I don't have. From the rest of the line, are there any colors that any of you think are super useful to have? Finding color recs on the line seems difficult to impossible.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I'm not a big fan of Warpaints but Speedpaints and Warpaints Air are both excellent so I'm really interested in the Fanatic range.

That said...
    • Goblin Green isn't being carried over to Fanatic so if you use that, scoop it up.
    • Brainmatter Beige is a paint I reach for almost constantly.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    SneakypersonSneakyperson Registered User regular
    Air brush was spraying like crap tried to clean it
    FvD0Vsj.jpg

ah that's a problem

• Options
    Ended up winning best painted today at the local Warhammer store New Year New Army event with my Guard. Wasn't expecting it but I'm certainly pleased.

vy1nztbe4t28.jpg
    mjo76g0kvmbf.jpg
    6cbfq9cnurx9.jpg

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Cadia stands!

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    m977qtqzou8p.jpg
    I did it! I finished something!

• Options
    honovere wrote: »
    m977qtqzou8p.jpg
    I did it! I finished something!

Like overall they are awesome, but the eye lenses sell it.

• Options
    The Sagituar is by far the model with the most sub assemblies I've yet come across. It's also one of my favorite models, so I suppose it balances out.

j263cc2nbsfu.jpg

• Options
    Is it in pieces on the rack and bottles and the completed model in the foreground? I vaguely know what LoV stuff is but I only play them in kill team

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Is it in pieces on the rack and bottles and the completed model in the foreground? I vaguely know what LoV stuff is but I only play them in kill team

Yea the body is on the bottle in the background, and the bits are on the cork strips between it and the finished model. 30 separate pieces, not counting the canopy or the main gun.

• Options
    Sagituar #3 almost done. I'm kind of sad, its going to be the last one I build. Theyve been one of the best Warhammer models I've built and painted so far.

bmasqpq6klaa.jpg

• Options
    https://youtu.be/zFPXVRamJNQ?si=5rcJkSW45Owe2GJ2

He goes through a problem we all run into

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Sagituar #3 almost done. I'm kind of sad, its going to be the last one I build. Theyve been one of the best Warhammer models I've built and painted so far.

bmasqpq6klaa.jpg

looks sick, love that yellow

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited April 3

bmasqpq6klaa.jpg

I mean, it doesn't HAVE to be the last one you paint.

*Looks at the dozens of painted Guard vehicles that never get used.*

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options

bmasqpq6klaa.jpg

I mean, it doesn't HAVE to be the last one you paint.

*Looks at the dozens of painted Guard vehicles that never get used.*

True enough. I could build a second votann army in a distant paint scheme.

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/zFPXVRamJNQ?si=5rcJkSW45Owe2GJ2

He goes through a problem we all run into

I’m in this video and I don’t like it

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    Finally finished up my first Heckaton 100%. Now just to paint a 2nd one in time for a tournament next weekend.

u9kfz1o6s785.jpg
    26q5wdeowqsy.jpg
    vyd0xmlkiznv.jpg

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited April 9
    I cant let this knowledge go to waste and it will also let me finish my orc sol boss

I found really small stencils!

http://waywiser.fas.harvard.edu/objects/1459/nestler-lettering-guides

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited April 9
    I got some of those around somewhere, from my dad's job/university studies way back. For the text on construction plans

honovere on
  • Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Getting through some marine backlog with primaris'd grav devs!
    la6zqkby80n1.jpg
    91mdfuj53rep.jpg
    o27l7rbbcumy.jpg

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 10
    Awesome! Like always:)

Are those yellow skulls on the knees also from the mechanicus decal sheet? Did you paint over them? Because the ones I have never have that good of a coverage over dark colour?

I put a weathering oil filter over a few vehicles and now I'm not quite sure if it's an improvement. Comparison shot
    ziq235cfyhli.jpg

honovere on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 10
    I like the weathering effect, but it does definitely knock down the vibrancy of the blue a level

Pre- and post-techpriest with a power washer

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    It might be that the application seems a bit indiscriminate? Where are those oil stains coming from over top of the door? Why are the stains avoiding some of the crevices? (I know that one is probably just something about the model or application, but it's still noticeable to our eye when a hard line appears between surfaces otherwise covered in grime)

That said, both look good to me, so it feels more like a matter of your preferences and goals. The right one looks more painter-ly while the left one looks more properly grungy. That it mutes some of the detailed highlights of your painted on weathering makes sense physically (or you'd want to reverse the order to indicate fresh chips and scratches).

• Options
    honovere wrote: »
    Awesome! Like always:)
    Are those yellow skulls on the knees also from the mechanicus decal sheet? Did you paint over them? Because the ones I have never have that good of a coverage over dark colour?

Yeah, they're from the same decal sheets as the shoulder cogs and everything else. I've definitely had ones that aren't great, and the yellow circle is the most visible part, but I've also gone through like 20 admech decal sheets so far...

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    McGibs wrote: »
    Getting through some marine backlog with primaris'd grav devs!
    la6zqkby80n1.jpg
    91mdfuj53rep.jpg
    o27l7rbbcumy.jpg

Intercessor bodies and regular dev arms and grav cannons?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited April 11
    Given I'm not home most of the time this week and I knew I'd have limited space available where I am, I tried to do something fun and different that I hadn't done before (though my death guard are close) by painting all in one color with a limited paint palette, just using a mixture of 9 reds. Overall I like it, I might try and grab a couple more red paints and a technical to flesh out the details and finish it up but I'm pleased. Forgive the bad photos and lighting.

mzqqon4w6p3a.jpg
    844zb9hs3lqv.jpg
    8kyb50no55c9.jpg
    mznzeoq0ge2s.jpg
    slui5kizkvqu.jpg
    oo6labmkvl4y.jpg
    ks333gkjm99z.jpg
    7og9c3oh5bo3.jpg

Edit: of course it didn't upload them in the order I selected them OR the order in the folder.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Khraul wrote: »
    Intercessor bodies and regular dev arms and grav cannons?

Yup, just a simple arm swap. The plastic cables don't lineup anymore (I replaced them with wire) and I had to make some slight shoulder adjustments, but otherwise Devastators seem to primaris up pretty good.

website_header.jpg