As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Chat 2.4

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    shadowane wrote: »
    I hate to keep asking these since they seem like simple questions, but I can't find the answers anywhere.

Arena has two ratings: Personal and Team. Is the Personal rating the highest rating you've achieved or does it fluctuate like the team rating based on your wins/losses? If it fluctuates does that mean when people who are just on the cusp of 1850, they wait until they have enough points to break 1850 so they can afford their weapon that week? I just can't find any info on personal rating.

Personal rating fluctuates like the team rating.

Example; you have a 1500 team and personal rating, and are on a 3v3 with 5 other people. 3 people play 7 games and lose them all, they now have (say) a 1430 team and personal rating. You and 2 others play 3 games (whee, everyone gets points) and win them all. Perhaps they were really good teams that were much higher than you. You now have, say, a 1550 personal rating, and moved the team rating back up to 1475.

Now all 6 players are on a 1475 rated 3v3 team, and will earn points for that. However, 3 people have a shitty personal rating (it remains down at 1430), and 3 of you have a fairly nice personal rating (which, if I'm not mistaken, really doesn't confir anything to you until you get into Weapon or Shoulder range, but there you are).

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Okay. And you only need the personal rating to be 1850 or 2000 to buy the weapon and shoulders at the time of purchase, right? Once you buy it, you're good to go.

And yeah, as far as I can tell, at the moment it doesn't do you any good except at 1850 or 2000. I hope they don't put ratings on everything in season 4 but I bet they will because they are dickheads.

shadowane on
  • Options
    RyokazeRyokaze Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    To be precise, your personal rating goes up and down as though you were playing your personal rating against the opposing team's team rating. So joining an 1800 team with your base 1500 personal rating, and winning a game, will almost always result in 32 personal rating per game, until your personal rating begins approaching the team's actual rating.

Ryokaze on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Septus wrote: »
    welp,

moving is officially the worst thing ever.

And specifically, cleaning the old place is the worst part of the already terrible moving process as a whole.

Yes. I keep trying not to think about how I'm probably moving in August and should really start digging through things and throwing out about half of everything I own. It's amazing the amount of stuff one can fill a one-bedroom apartment with in three years.

I think I'd need someone to forcefully prevent me from accessing the computer for a week to actually get this done though. Why would I go sort through clothes I don't wear when I could be leveling my protadin? :|

riz on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    riz wrote: »
    welp,

moving is officially the worst thing ever.

And specifically, cleaning the old place is the worst part of the already terrible moving process as a whole.

Yes. I keep trying not to think about how I'm probably moving in August and should really start digging through things and throwing out about half of everything I own. It's amazing the amount of stuff one can fill a one-bedroom apartment with in three years.

I think I'd need someone to forcefully prevent me from accessing the computer for a week to actually get this done though. Why would I go sort through clothes I don't wear when I could be leveling my protadin? :|

Meh, it's not that bad. When I moved from CT to Texas I had 12 boxes, 8 of which were books. And a few odds and ends that don't ship well.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oh, when I move, I'll just throw stuff away, as I'm packing, or just take it with me and move the problem. What I hate, is actual cleaning. Like, moving the fridge and cleaning behind that, or cleaning between all the tiles in the shower or scrubbing the stove to no avail. Last time I moved I failed to do this early and I literally spent pretty much the entirety of 4 weeknights between moving to the new place, and the end of the lease on the old one, cleaning and moving a few more things.

God I hope I can stay at my current place another year.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Yeah that is pretty horrible too. I've been lucky that every time I've moved, my parents and aunt and uncle have been around to help, thus my mom and aunt do all the "oh my GOD you didn't scrub ___" nonsense, because I don't care!

Edit cos I somehow missed posts on this page: Too many boxes of books I'll never read is a HUGE part of my problem! I used to work at a place that got free review copies of stuff, so I'd grab them all, y'know, just in case. I like having lots of books. Do I need them? Will I ever read them? Eh.. Also, Texas eh?

riz on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Yeah that is pretty horrible too. I've been lucky that every time I've moved, my parents and aunt and uncle have been around to help, thus my mom and aunt do all the "oh my GOD you didn't scrub ___" nonsense, because I don't care!

Edit cos I somehow missed posts on this page: Too many boxes of books I'll never read is a HUGE part of my problem! I used to work at a place that got free review copies of stuff, so I'd grab them all, y'know, just in case. I like having lots of books. Do I need them? Will I ever read them? Eh.. Also, Texas eh?

Can never have too many books. Even review copies. And yes Texas. To make a long story short, moved here to live with my Ex, stayed because I don't have to shovel snow.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    *prepares for another State War*

I don't really have stuff, so I pretty much packaged up in like 2 hours. It was my family and all the stuff they had, which is quite alot and took a good.... 14 hours.

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Can never have too many books. Even review copies. And yes Texas. To make a long story short, moved here to live with my Ex, stayed because Texas is fucking awesome.

Come on now.

Luuuucky:whistle:

Septus on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    ^
    He is not a steer.

Soviet Waffle on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    ^
    He is not a steer.

ololo

Septus on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Can never have too many books. Even review copies. And yes Texas. To make a long story short, moved here to live with my Ex, stayed because Texas is fucking awesome.

Come on now.

I once made a trip out to Lubbock. I've had to make trips out to Brownsville and the border areas. I've met many Aggies.

Austin and San Antino can not make up for those shit holes, and the sheer repressed homosexuality of the Aggie Corps scare me. I mean seriously, I've never seen a group of closeted homosexuals who needed to get laid more.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I have no idea where this thread is going but that is pretty funny.

Also I just found it curious because there are way too many cool people I know who live in Texas. I keep thinking I need to go down to Austin for a weekend and get very drunk with some.

riz on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    :winky:

Soviet Waffle on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I lived in Lubbock for two years. It sucks, but not that much. I'm gonna have to say Austin, San Antonio, East Texas forests West Texas mountains(fucking volcano) and wide-open spaces is what makes it awesome.

Vooolcaanno!!
    volcanoxe0.jpg

Septus on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I have no idea where this thread is going but that is pretty funny.

Also I just found it curious because there are way too many cool people I know who live in Texas. I keep thinking I need to go down to Austin for a weekend and get very drunk with some.

Austin is pretty awesome. San Antonio is pretty cool. Houston is full of northern expats like me. Dallas is pretty meh.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    LineNoizLineNoiz Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Ain't nuthin from Texas but cept fer steers n queers.

/spit

/chinwipe

LineNoiz on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    LineNoiz wrote: »

/spit

/chinwipe

Messy semen?

Septus on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Is this going to turn into another "We're all tall, skinny, and now from Texas" thing? (Thank God Forar is from Canada)

Soviet Waffle on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

/spit

/chinwipe

Today... is Christmas! There will be a magic show at zero-nine-thirty! Chaplain Charlie will tell you about how the free world will conquer Communism with the aid of God and a few marines! God has a hard-on for marines because we kill everything we see! He plays His games, we play ours! To show our appreciation for so much power, we keep heaven packed with fresh souls! God was here before the Marine Corps! So you can give your heart to Jesus, but your ass belongs to the Corps! Do you ladies understand?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

/spit

/chinwipe

Messy semen?
    I was going for chewing tobbaco...

But, yeah, that'll work.

LineNoiz on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Is this going to turn into another "We're all tall, skinny, and now from Texas" thing? (Thank God Forar is from Canada)

Tall yes. Skinny no.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I'm tall, fat, and from Utah.

...and not a mormon.

LineNoiz on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Hey I am none of those things!

Edit: LOL Mormon. :point:

riz on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    We'll form a rebel alliance and destroy the Alamo!

Soviet Waffle on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Hey I am none of those things!

Edit: LOL Mormon. :point:
    I said NOT a mormon!

/pout

LineNoiz on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I'm tall, fat, and from Utah.

...and not a mormon.

Hey, now we have crazy cults in common!

Septus on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Tall, 'broad shouldered'
    husky
    and from Canada, but with a bunch of friends from WoW in Texas (along with you guys). Ever heard of College Station? (I think it's spelt like it sounds)

Yeah, they're from there.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    Tall, 'broad shouldered'
    husky
    and from Canada, but with a bunch of friends from WoW in Texas (along with you guys). Ever heard of College Station? (I think it's spelt like it sounds)

Yeah, they're from there.

Son...I don't know how to break this to you....but your friends...go to a school of idiots. Also a place with so much concentrated gayness that the people of San Fransisco would tell them to tone it down a little.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I don't think you can outgay San Fran. That gay seeps into the Berkeley Hills (But stays well away from Oakland)

Soviet Waffle on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Everything stays well away from Oakland.

Edit: And to be fair, only a section of San Francisco is super gay.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I imagine the Castro as having a 24/7 parade for Big Gay Al.

I'm probably going to SF this fall.

Am I a bad enough dude to dodge the Castro?

Septus on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Pretty much, I've never seen anyone who openly likes Oakland.

Soviet Waffle on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I don't think you can outgay San Fran. That gay seeps into the Berkeley Hills (But stays well away from Oakland)

You can. The repressed homosexuality of the Aggie Corp has so much sexual tension that it wouldn't shock me to find out that spontaneous orgies happen.

Imagine the "Militantly anti-gay guy who everyone knew hung out at rest stops" kid you went to school with. Now populate an entire school with clones of him.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

You can. The repressed homosexuality of the Aggie Corp has so much sexual tension that it wouldn't shock me to find out that spontaneous orgies happen.

Imagine the "Militantly anti-gay guy who everyone knew hung out at rest stops" kid you went to school with. Now populate an entire school with clones of him.

Thoma is totally exaggerating here.

Septus on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I went to an art school, there was no repressed gay by the time they'd spent a year there (Couple of religious repressed gays lasted a bit though)

Soviet Waffle on
  • Options
    Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Can you guys stop talking about your crazy American cities and talk about azeroth cities, like how Undercity is the best horde city. There I said it.

Racist Joke on
    Steam
    Xbox Live: Kunohara
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Damnit.

I'm planning to go back to school.... an art school.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Kunohara wrote: »
    Can you guys stop talking about your crazy American cities and talk about azeroth cities, like how Undercity sucked so many balls that it was super gay until it stopped knocking you off your mount and is now the best horde city. There I said it.

Fixed.

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
This discussion has been closed.